PDA

View Full Version : Romero reclaims his throne?...

Rausch
05-07-2005, 03:06 AM
As a huge "dead" fan I hope it lives up to the hype...

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/landofthedead/large.html

Deberg_1990
05-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Yea, ill be seeing it as well. Although, its too bad we have had 2 good Zombie films the past 2 years with 28 day later and the remake of Dawn of the Dead last year. It sort of diminshes the return of Romeros Zombie flick.

Valiant
05-07-2005, 06:18 PM
For those that hate Apple...

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=trailer&id=1808405693&intl=us

Miles
05-07-2005, 06:36 PM
Looks pretty badass. Though its been quite a while since Romero has done much of anything. Hopefully he still has it.

Nzoner
05-07-2005, 06:42 PM
Yea, ill be seeing it as well. Although, its too bad we have had 2 good Zombie films the past 2 years with 28 day later and the remake of Dawn of the Dead last year. It sort of diminshes the return of Romeros Zombie flick.

I don't see any diminishing whatsoever,I'm looking forward to the return of Romero and real zombies that creep along with slow reflexes.Personally,these so called zombies that can outrun Priest Holmes in a sprint for the goaline are not for me.

Deberg_1990
05-07-2005, 06:42 PM
Looks pretty badass. Though its been quite a while since Romero has done much of anything. Hopefully he still has it.

Or is he more like John Carpenter these days? A shadow of his former self?

Miles
05-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Or is he more like John Carpenter these days? A shadow of his former self?

Yeah no shit. Carpenter has been disappointing over the past 10 years to put it lightly.

kchero
05-07-2005, 07:15 PM
I am a big Romero fan and when I heard he was making this movie a year ago I was pumped up for it. When I saw the trailer a while back ago I thought it was great to add the old movies into it. On another note it seems that in the horror genre that the best films are made on the smallest budgets. For example, Romero's Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead. Carpentar's Halloween. Hooper's Texas Chainsaw Massacre....these are all classices...I wonder why these director's best works are done on the smallest budgets?

Nzoner
05-07-2005, 07:30 PM
.I wonder why these director's best works are done on the smallest budgets?

Because they don't have to follow traditional Hollywood guidelines and worrying about dumbasses looking over their shoulders on every scene.

whoman69
05-07-2005, 07:57 PM
Be more specific. I thought you were talking about this guy...

Deberg_1990
05-07-2005, 08:24 PM
Yeah no shit. Carpenter has been disappointing over the past 10 years to put it lightly.

Exactly. But his output in from the mid 70's to mid 80s was awesume. Halloween, The Fog, Escape from New York, The Thing, Christine, Big Trouble in Little China, Starman, They Live, all classics IMO. It would be hard for him to achieve that again.

Valiant
05-07-2005, 09:50 PM
I am a big Romero fan and when I heard he was making this movie a year ago I was pumped up for it. When I saw the trailer a while back ago I thought it was great to add the old movies into it. On another note it seems that in the horror genre that the best films are made on the smallest budgets. For example, Romero's Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead. Carpentar's Halloween. Hooper's Texas Chainsaw Massacre....these are all classices...I wonder why these director's best works are done on the smallest budgets?

Because they are artistic works first and usually rated R...

Nzoner
05-07-2005, 10:00 PM
Exactly. But his output in from the mid 70's to mid 80s was awesume. Halloween, The Fog, Escape from New York, The Thing, Christine, Big Trouble in Little China, Starman, They Live, all classics IMO. It would be hard for him to achieve that again.

Man where is the love for Assault On Precinct 13

Miles
05-07-2005, 10:06 PM

Yep he was really on a roll during that stretch. I need to check out Prince of Darkness. I have heard that one is pretty good too.

I did really enjoy In the Mouth of Madness from the 90's. Probably his last good one.

Nzoner
05-07-2005, 10:20 PM
Yep he was really on a roll during that stretch. I need to check out Prince of Darkness. I have heard that one is pretty good too.

I did really enjoy In the Mouth of Madness from the 90's. Probably his last good one.

Miles,you've seen Carpenter's Assault On Precinct 13 right?

Miles
05-07-2005, 10:42 PM
Miles,you've seen Carpenter's Assault On Precinct 13 right?

Actually i havent yet. The sad thing is that I have the remake number 2 in my netflix cue.

You might have to punch my lift ticket.

Nzoner
05-07-2005, 10:44 PM
Actually i havent yet. The sad thing is that I have the remake number 2 in my netflix cue.

You might have to punch my lift ticket.

I just found the original in the wal-mart $5.50 bin.

Miles
05-07-2005, 10:49 PM
I just found the original in the wal-mart $5.50 bin.

Not bad. Ill look for it next time im there.

Deberg_1990
05-08-2005, 07:25 AM
Man where is the love for Assault On Precinct 13

hahah..im almost ashamed to say it, but ive never seen it. Its in my Blockbuster que but i always end up putting something else before it. I love the soundtrack to it though as I love all of his music to his films.

Nzoner
05-08-2005, 10:53 AM
hahah..im almost ashamed to say it, but ive never seen it. Its in my Blockbuster que but i always end up putting something else before it. I love the soundtrack to it though as I love all of his music to his films.

Agree,that soundtrack is my fav of his.