PDA

View Full Version : If you had to give up 5 things...

ChiefFripp
05-07-2005, 04:30 AM
If you had to give up 5 things out of this list for the rest of your life, what would you give up and it what order would you give them up in?

1)Food and Drink( you would still be able to live but you would never be able to eat or drink again)
2)Sex
3) Sleep
4)Sports(watching and playing)
5)Music(listening and performing)
6)Drugs and Booze( doesn't cout towards option number 1)
7) Video Games
8) Personal Hygiene
9)Television , Internet, Cinema
10)Your Husband or Wife or longterm significant other

Otter
05-07-2005, 04:41 AM
[Rainman's Goons grab Fripp, toss him out the window]

Nightfyre
05-07-2005, 05:09 AM
If I give up sleep do I have to be tired all the time?

Fire Me Boy!
05-07-2005, 05:25 AM
Drugs/Booze (don't do 'em anyway)
Sleep (assume you'll be fine without sleep [since we're fine with no food or drink], and that just leaves more to do at night time)
Video Games (like 'em, but don't live 'em)
Music (this one's kinda difficult, but this goes over movies)
Sports (I really don't care about anything but the Chiefs)

Rausch
05-07-2005, 05:35 AM
If I give up sleep do I have to be tired all the time?

From experience, yes...

Nightfyre
05-07-2005, 05:47 AM
Drugs/Booze
Sleep
Music
Video Games
After that it gets tough. I suppose I could give up my long term significant other since I dont have one, but If I did have one, I certainly wouldnt want to give them up. I couldn't give up Hygiene. It wouldnt work. I love eating. I love sports. I would probably die without TV, Internet and Cinema... And sex is pretty self explainatory. But I think I will say I would give up Sex 5th. It's overrated anyway. As long as I could keep foreplay and fooling around and such.

cdcox
05-07-2005, 06:07 AM
1) Video Games
2)Drugs and Booze( doesn't cout towards option number 1)
3)Sports(watching and playing)
4)Music(listening and performing)
5)Food and Drink( you would still be able to live but you would never be able to eat or drink again)

trndobrd
05-07-2005, 07:03 AM
Why are we giving things up?

mcan
05-07-2005, 07:45 AM
1)Food and Drink( you would still be able to live but you would never be able to eat or drink again)

3) Sleep

7) Video Games

It only came down to ONE big decision for me. Do I like Music more or less than film? I'm a theatre major and I love me some great films. But now...

1. There are 24 usuable hours in every day.
2. I can not get fat or die of starvation or ever run out of energy. I can exercise all the time, and just get awesome at every...
3. Sport. I will be the best at everything. Because while you assholes are sleeping I'm out there running and lifting and practicing. Then in the evening when everybody else is talking on the internet and watching TV, I'm playing basketball, or football, or swimming. Maybe I'll just start up my
4. BAND! Yeah, that's right. I finally have the time to start a band and get AWESOME there too. Meanwhile, since I'm now in the best shape ever, and am awesome at everything, I'll be getting lots of
5. HOT chicks! WoooHOOO. That's really I want anyway. Who the fu*k needs food? Then I'll finally find the perfect girl who doesn't even like TV all that much and I'll
6. Get married.

Sounds like a MUCH better life than the one I'm living now. This wasn't all that big of a sacrifice. It sounds more like a fantasy!

Phobia
05-07-2005, 07:47 AM
Five things on this list?
1) Video Games
5)Your wife.

mcan
05-07-2005, 08:01 AM
Five things on this list?
1) Video Games
5)Your wife.

Hey Phobes... So uh... Don't like Banners much? :harumph:

mcan
05-07-2005, 08:07 AM
Hey Phobes... So uh... Don't like Banners much? :harumph:

Nevermind. I figured it out...

Brock
05-07-2005, 11:44 AM
Looks like you can still listen to movie soundtracks.

Rain Man
05-08-2005, 03:42 PM
This would be my list,

3) Sleep
7) Video Games

Sleep. Does giving up sleep mean that I don't need it, or does it mean that I'll have hallucinations and die of exhaustion within a month? That will affect my decision. If I didn't need it, that would be #1 in a heartbeat. It would be like expanding my life by 6 or 7 hours a day.

Drugs and booze. Eh. I'd give up my one glass of wine every two months pretty easily. I'm assuming that this doesn't include prescriptions and aspirin and stuff, right?

Video games. Optional. I lived without video games for the first 15 years of my life.

Television, Internet, Cinema. I know how to read. I'd probably become more educated and cultured anyway.

Sports. Now we're cutting into muscle instead of fat. I'd hate to give up the Chiefs, but truthfully, they're the only sports team I follow, and football is the only sport I'd follow. I'd survive, but I'd be a lesser person for it.

jAZ
05-08-2005, 04:55 PM
If you had to give up 5 things out of this list for the rest of your life, what would you give up and it what order would you give them up in?

2)Sex
3) Sleep
5)Music(listening and performing)
7) Video Games
8) Personal Hygiene
1) Video Games
2) Drugs and Booze( doesn't cout towards option number 1)
3) Sports(watching and playing)
4) Music(listening and performing)
5) Sex

The sad reality is that I'll be able to talk to my wife, watch TV, sleep, and surf the net LONG after I'm unable to effectively have sex.

The rest are pretty easy to give up.

jAZ
05-08-2005, 04:58 PM
1) Video Games
2) Drugs and Booze( doesn't cout towards option number 1)
3) Sports(watching and playing)
4) Music(listening and performing)
5) Sex

The sad reality is that I'll be able to talk to my wife, watch TV, sleep, and surf the net LONG after I'm unable to effectively have sex.

The rest are pretty easy to give up.
If we are fine without sleep, then I'll give up sleep and take back sex. Can you also ensure I'm going strong at 90 while your at it?

chiefs4me
05-08-2005, 05:04 PM
1.Video games...I don't play them

2. Husband.....I have my reasons

3. Food and Drink...I still got the booze

4. Sex....it's overrated anyway

5. Music.....I still have my pc and sports

Hammock Parties
05-08-2005, 05:05 PM
6)Drugs and Booze
2)Sex
7) Video Games
5)Music

chiefs4me
05-08-2005, 05:06 PM
I figure I can stay stoned and drunk and then watch my chiefs win and play on the pc and then sleep..:)

Hammock Parties
05-08-2005, 05:06 PM
It would be tough giving up music...

4th and Long
05-08-2005, 05:07 PM
4. Sex....it's overrated anyway
Not if you know what you're doing.

chiefs4me
05-08-2005, 05:18 PM
Not if you know what you're doing.

:)

4th and Long