PDA

View Full Version : Anybody put an overhead TV in your vehicle?

KevB
05-07-2005, 09:11 AM
We just bought a Grand Caravan (3 kids), and I'm looking to add an overhead TV. There aren't that many options out there that I can find....looking for recommendations or information.

Bob Dole
05-07-2005, 09:12 AM
At least one member here has had one removed.

Mr. Kotter
05-07-2005, 10:52 AM
We just bought a Grand Caravan (3 kids), and I'm looking to add an overhead TV. There aren't that many options out there that I can find....looking for recommendations or information.

We have an Odyssey with a DVD player, and flip-down 7-8" screen. It's worked really well, although we don't use it that often really.

Ours looks similar to the pic...

I think you can have something similar installed in the "after-market"....probably $800-900.

Here's portable one I found doin' a quick google search:

http://www.premiermotoring.net/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_main.html?catid=1241

C-Mac
05-07-2005, 01:17 PM

The doctor is in, how can I assist you?

KevB
05-07-2005, 01:28 PM
The doctor is in, how can I assist you?

To start with, should I just take it to the local BB or CC and have them install a Sony or Panny, or should I go to a small shop and have them do it.

Also, Ultimate Electronics in KC is going out of business and has some good deals, but they aren't installing. Who could I trust to install if I'm not also buying the TV from the same place?

4th and Long
05-07-2005, 01:57 PM
I tried this once but later removed the television. I realized that without a sun roof, it was a worthless idea. However, the people driving behind me on game day were happy as all get out!

C-Mac
05-07-2005, 03:52 PM
To start with, should I just take it to the local BB or CC and have them install a Sony or Panny, or should I go to a small shop and have them do it.

Also, Ultimate Electronics in KC is going out of business and has some good deals, but they aren't installing. Who could I trust to install if I'm not also buying the TV from the same place?

First off its important to know your product by seeing a working version.
The name brands you mentioned are good but there are also others of quality with less of a name brand and less cost. If you know anything on those other systems I would gladly steer you the right way and guide you through an install.

C-Mac
05-07-2005, 03:53 PM
I tried this once but later removed the television. I realized that without a sun roof, it was a worthless idea. However, the people driving behind me on game day were happy as all get out!

Half the vehicles I've done have had sunroofs but that one of yours is a dandy!
:thumb:

KevB
05-07-2005, 04:00 PM
Half the vehicles I've done have had sunroofs but that one of yours is a dandy!
:thumb:

CMac, you in the KC area?

I just stopped by Ultimate Electronics....they have a Panny 9500 25% off for $599 that CC sells for $799. It's gotten good reviews on the CC website. I'd be tempted to buy that in a heartbeat if I knew someone to install that could be trusted.

C-Mac
05-07-2005, 04:23 PM

I just stopped by Ultimate Electronics....they have a Panny 9500 25% off for $599 that CC sells for $799. It's gotten good reviews on the CC website. I'd be tempted to buy that in a heartbeat if I knew someone to install that could be trusted.

Does that model have the DVD built in and does it have infared output?

KevB
05-07-2005, 04:24 PM
Does that model have the DVD built in and does it have infared output?

Both. 9" screen, two wireless headphones, screen pivots in both directions.

C-Mac
05-07-2005, 04:29 PM
Both. 9" screen, two wireless headphones, screen pivots in both directions.

Its a good product and sounds like a fair deal.

C-Mac
05-07-2005, 04:39 PM
Oh ya.....I live about 3 hours south of KC, but I could perhaps meet you half way. Also my folks live in Paola Ks and I visit them occasionally, depending on how fast you want it installed, I'll be that way on the 21st and 22nd of May.

Valiant
05-07-2005, 04:43 PM

Just have CC install it.. Hell all the installers from went back to CC to work anyway.. They will not give you a deal though to install it... There is a indash Jenson that looks better then all the other high end models for single dins... It costs 600 and is a 7in screen and dvd player... That might be my next toy.. Just wish it had option for sat. navigation...

C-Mac
05-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Just have CC install it.. Hell all the installers from went back to CC to work anyway.. They will not give you a deal though to install it... There is a indash Jenson that looks better then all the other high end models for single dins... It costs 600 and is a 7in screen and dvd player... That might be my next toy.. Just wish it had option for sat. navigation...

Have you looked at the new Clarion? Best name brand price for nav.

Mosbonian
05-07-2005, 06:32 PM

You should save your money....you'll need it in about 10k miles when you start having problems with your Caravan....:D

mmaddog

4th and Long
05-07-2005, 06:50 PM
You should save your money....you'll need it in about 10k miles when you start having problems with your Caravan....:D

mmaddog
ROFL

JOhn
05-07-2005, 06:55 PM

mmaddog
:cuss:

So true.

KevB
05-07-2005, 08:00 PM

mmaddog

Well, if I had an extra $10K laying around, I could have gotten a Siena or Odyssey. It's a 2005, so hopefully some of the kinks are worked out by now.

4th and Long
05-07-2005, 08:02 PM
Well, if I had an extra $10K laying around, I could have gotten a Siena or Odyssey. It's a 2005, so hopefully some of the kinks are worked out by now.
:shake: Its a Dodge. Nuff said.

dtebbe
05-07-2005, 09:48 PM
:shake: Its a Dodge. Nuff said.

$5 says the tranny goes tango uniform before 60k miles.

DT

KevB
05-07-2005, 11:27 PM
$5 says the tranny goes tango uniform before 60k miles.

DT

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the well wishes. Let me tell you what brands I have in my house and maybe you all can predict when they all explode. That would be fun....

Mosbonian
05-08-2005, 09:28 AM
Thanks guys, I appreciate all the well wishes. Let me tell you what brands I have in my house and maybe you all can predict when they all explode. That would be fun....

Sorry man, but when it comes to Dodge products, I still have a long slow burn.....I hope you have no problems with yours, but I haven't run into many people who haven't experienced problems with their Chrysler product.

But it isn't the auto itself that will give your the largest amount of heartburn, it's the "First cl-Ass" Customer Service you will get when trying to utilize your warranty.

mmaddog