PDA

View Full Version : I'm watching the Royals right now

WebGem
05-07-2005, 03:58 PM
ROFL

Bob Dole
05-07-2005, 04:27 PM
...and posting on Chiefsplanet to keep yourself awake?

Deberg_1990
05-07-2005, 04:41 PM
ROFL

and you havent killed yourself yet?

chiefqueen
05-07-2005, 04:44 PM
...........I turned the TV to the local news - its less depressing.

cookster50
05-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Sounds about as fun as having honey rubbed on your baews and then a bunch of red ants crawling all over them.

Beautiful
05-07-2005, 05:08 PM
whats so funny?

tk13
05-07-2005, 05:13 PM
I'd like to know where this Mike Sweeney was the last couple years. If we had this guy in 2003 we might have had a playoff appearance. He's killing the ball.

eazyb81
05-07-2005, 05:34 PM
I'd like to know where this Mike Sweeney was the last couple years. If we had this guy in 2003 we might have had a playoff appearance. He's killing the ball.

If he stays healthy he is going to be awesome trade bait at the deadline. I know that's the last thing anyone wants to hear right now, but we could get two very good prospects for him if he keeps this up.

4th and Long
05-07-2005, 05:36 PM
I'm watching the Royals right now
I'd rather dig out both of my eyeballs with a spork than watch this excuse of a team right now.

Thig Lyfe
05-07-2005, 05:40 PM
A Royals fan reacts after loss #23 (AP)

tk13
05-07-2005, 05:41 PM
If he stays healthy he is going to be awesome trade bait at the deadline. I know that's the last thing anyone wants to hear right now, but we could get two very good prospects for him if he keeps this up.
No doubt about that. I was saying last night we could flip him for a very good young OF and pitcher possibly. Maybe even more than that, it's not like the Beltran deal where you're renting a player for a couple months, Sweeney's contract goes through 2007...

eazyb81
05-07-2005, 05:45 PM
No doubt about that. I was saying last night we could flip him for a very good young OF and pitcher possibly. Maybe even more than that, it's not like the Beltran deal where you're renting a player for a couple months, Sweeney's contract goes through 2007...

Yep, a quality pitcher and OF is what I am expecting as well. If Sweeney stays healthy he will most likely be a starter in the All Star game, and he should be the best 1b available towards the deadline. I think it is very plausible a team would look past his nagging injuries and focus on his production this year in a mediocre lineup. I would even be willing to pay the extra $1.5-2 mill increase in his salary once he was traded as long as we received some promising prospects in return. I'm sure everyone would freak out if we traded our only offensive threat in Sweeney, but it really would be in the best interests of the team in the long run.

Deberg_1990
05-07-2005, 05:47 PM

Goodbye, Good Riddance....

tk13
05-07-2005, 06:02 PM
Yep, a quality pitcher and OF is what I am expecting as well. If Sweeney stays healthy he will most likely be a starter in the All Star game, and he should be the best 1b available towards the deadline. I think it is very plausible a team would look past his nagging injuries and focus on his production this year in a mediocre lineup. I would even be willing to pay the extra $1.5-2 mill increase in his salary once he was traded as long as we received some promising prospects in return. I'm sure everyone would freak out if we traded our only offensive threat in Sweeney, but it really would be in the best interests of the team in the long run.
Yeah, it'll probably be another meltdown, but oh well. I used to be against trading him, but if we can nail a couple good prospects for him it'd be worth it. Matt Stairs can become the team leader, he might be a better leader anyway, and we can get Justin Huber's intro to the big leagues out of the way.

Deberg_1990
05-07-2005, 06:10 PM
Yeah, it'll probably be another meltdown, but oh well. I used to be against trading him, but if we can nail a couple good prospects for him it'd be worth it. Matt Stairs can become the team leader, he might be a better leader anyway, and we can get Justin Huber's intro to the big leagues out of the way.

It will be better for both parties. He finally may get to play for a contender, something he deserves for being a "Good Soldier" for years. and the team hopefully gets a couple of good young prospects in return.

Mastashake
05-07-2005, 07:48 PM
I still love them...*sniff sniff*

And besides show me ANY other team who's fans can be happy with losing 99 games! I would be very content if they finished with under 100 losses.

Keep believing! It may take 3 decades and 5 owner changes but we'll get back.

Mastashake

chief52
05-07-2005, 07:51 PM
I hope Brian Anderson does well tomorrow. I am an Anderson fan...

Sure-Oz
05-07-2005, 11:28 PM
Yeah me too so we can trade him too, Sweeney is the only one in this lineup doing anything saw a stat he has the Royals last 9 out of 11 rbis.

Ninjaman
05-08-2005, 01:29 AM
Ken 'greatness' Harvey hasn't saved the day ?

Too many years the Royals made pitcher no.1 in the draft and they are paying the price.

Some no.1's on bats might have made this team more productive.

SCTrojan
05-08-2005, 06:36 AM
Had dinner at a buddy's house last night, so I didn't watch the game. I needed a break from getting angry at the Royals for just one night. Today, I'm right back at it. Go BA!

DJay23
05-08-2005, 08:58 AM
Isn't laughing at the Royals kind of like that jerky asshole guy in school laughing at the mentally handicapped kids?

Give me a break.

They suck.

We know.