PDA

View Full Version : KWII is an even bigger dumbass than originally thought....

Fat Elvis
05-08-2005, 08:59 AM
http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1115545019148220.xml

Although the standard NFL player contract contains a clause that prohibits players from engaging in activity that may involve a significant risk of injury, the Browns -- for some reason -- decided to include language that specifically outlaws motorcycling. The clause is stated nine times in Winslow's contract.

NINE FRIGGIN TIMES!

Thig Lyfe
05-08-2005, 09:03 AM
What a poo-brain.

Braincase
05-08-2005, 09:03 AM
Obviously, that was part of the standard contract and didn't really apply to the Chosen One, the soldier, the one who would redefine "Tight End" and have a bust in Canton... oops, switch the terms "bust" and "tight end" around in that last part.

PastorMikH
05-08-2005, 09:04 AM
Hopefully daddy still has some of his NFL $ so Jr can pay back his bonus.

chagrin
05-08-2005, 09:59 AM
what a morroon, what a nin-cow-poop!

"No excuses, for lack of brains..."
-Jon Bush

Marcellus
05-08-2005, 10:36 AM
KW will not get cut because they have too much money invested in him right now. It's like playing the stock market, they have to ride it out.(No pun intended)

They void his contract and he becomes a free agent.

Kclee
05-08-2005, 11:07 AM
http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1115545019148220.xml

NINE TIMES!

No way Ferris has missed that much school!

stevieray
05-08-2005, 11:15 AM
that's what happens when players have been shown they are bigger than the game.

Dave Lane
05-08-2005, 11:17 AM
KW will not get cut because they have too much money invested in him right now. It's like playing the stock market, they have to ride it out.(No pun intended)

Who cares they get their money back if it happens. See ya!

Dave

el borracho
05-08-2005, 11:20 AM
I am very curious why so many people are anti Kellen Winslow? It really can't just be the soldier comment, can it?

PastorMikH
05-08-2005, 11:36 AM
I am very curious why so many people are anti Kellen Winslow? It really can't just be the soldier comment, can it?

The soldier bit really doesn't faze me. It's his arrogant attitude and the way he expects everyone to kiss his feet - even before he has proven anything worth mentioning. To me it's like he expects success and accolades to just be handed to him.

I remember watching Kellen Winslow at MU and even followed him with the Chargers. I don't remember him having an attitude like his kid has. In fact it seemed like he was quite the opposite.

Hey kid, quit living in your dad's glory and try making your own way.

PastorMikH
05-08-2005, 11:38 AM

They won't void his contract until they see if he will recover or not. If he doesn't, they get their $ anyway. I wouldn't be suprized if he were fined by the team for a portion of his bonus back since they made it so clear-cut in his contract about the motorcycle riding.

el borracho
05-08-2005, 12:02 PM
If not from the soldier comment, where is everyone drawing this idea that Winslow II has a poor attitude? I'm not saying you are wrong, I just have not seen or read anything about him other than predaft hype last year and the recent stuff about his motorcycle riding. From what I have read, and I admit it is limited, I would say he has made some stupid decisions but nothing that would make me laugh at his misfortune.

Valiant
05-08-2005, 01:04 PM

It is his overall attitude.. He came in bigger then the game... He proclaimed himself as the best without even competing yet... KW is learning about karma right now...

chief52
05-08-2005, 01:26 PM
If not from the soldier comment, where is everyone drawing this idea that Winslow II has a poor attitude? I'm not saying you are wrong, I just have not seen or read anything about him other than predaft hype last year and the recent stuff about his motorcycle riding. From what I have read, and I admit it is limited, I would say he has made some stupid decisions but nothing that would make me laugh at his misfortune.

Didn't he also rip teams that passed on him in the draft? He has always been an attitude problem.

whoman69
05-08-2005, 03:47 PM

That isn't necessarily true. If they keep him, they still have to pay him at least a portion of his salary, though he may have to give bonuses back. He also counts against the cap. If their doctors think that its an injury that could take two years to recover or that he may not recover, they would almost have to void his contract, especially if he would be able to become a free agent at that point anyway.

RealSNR
05-08-2005, 04:28 PM
NINE times...

http://www.80s.com/saveferris/images/ed/grace.jpg