PDA

View Full Version : Ty Law, FWIW

bricks
05-08-2005, 01:11 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/don_banks/05/04/inside.nfl/index.html

Frankie
05-08-2005, 01:21 PM
quote:
"Will Travis Henry ever be traded by Buffalo?"

Here's a can of worms:

I wouldn't mind seeing TH come to the Chiefs and we trade away LJ and gain a good player or a good 06 draft choice in the process. I think Henry is more in the mold of Priest and possibly more suited to our offense.

ChiefGator
05-08-2005, 02:10 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing TH come to the Chiefs and we trade away LJ and gain a good player or a good 06 draft choice in the process. I think Henry is more in the mold of Priest and possibly more suited to our offense.

I don't think he wants to be the backup anywhere. And I'ld rather have LJ backing up Priest. I think there will be a game next year that LJ's physicality will win for us.

JMO..

Bwana
05-08-2005, 02:23 PM
quote:

Here's a can of worms:

I'll give you 10/1 Holmes doesn't make it through the season playing every game because of an injury. We are going to need LJ and be damn glad we have him when the time comes.

Spicy McHaggis
05-08-2005, 02:32 PM
"Even if he can prove he's relatively healthy, Law might have to settle for signing a one-year, incentive-laden deal before he gets back on the field and shows the form that made him a Pro Bowl regular in New England."

The dream of landing Law for a year lives on.

JOhn
05-08-2005, 02:35 PM
I'll give you 10/1 Holmes doesn't make it through the season playing every game because of an injury. We are going to need LJ and be damn glad we have him when the time comes.
:banghead: Now you've jinxed him :cuss:

Cntrygal
05-08-2005, 03:32 PM
I don't think he wants to be the backup anywhere. And I'ld rather have LJ backing up Priest. I think there will be a game next year that LJ's physicality will win for us.

JMO..

You're right. He doesn't.

royr17
05-08-2005, 05:25 PM
quote:

Here's a can of worms:

I like that idea, I wanted us to draft Travis Henry before we got Priest.

I would love it if we traded LJ away and we picked up Travis Henry cause Henry is a hell of a running back IMHO.

I think LJ wont live up to the expectations that Henry has met.

Frankie
05-08-2005, 05:46 PM
Maybe that's an arguement FOR getting Henry. Like I said, he's more similar to Holmes than LJ is. A Holmes injury and Henry stepping in, the offense won't have to adjust.

Spicy McHaggis
05-08-2005, 05:57 PM

I would love it if we traded LJ away and we picked up Travis Henry cause Henry is a hell of a running back IMHO.

I wouldn't. Keep LJ and let Henry take his fumbling ass somewhere else.

Valiant
05-08-2005, 06:02 PM

You harp over Scanlon being a stud... But then dont think LJ will live up to expectation... Do you use different logics for everything...

Bwana
05-08-2005, 06:18 PM
Maybe that's an arguement FOR getting Henry. Like I said, he's more similar to Holmes than LJ is. A Holmes injury and Henry stepping in, the offense won't have to adjust.
Bullshit, LJ ran like a stud in our system and is proven in our system. Why give away a sure thing?

Hammock Parties
05-08-2005, 06:20 PM
You harp over Scanlon being a stud... But then dont think LJ will live up to expectation... Do you use different logics for everything...

Yes. His logic is very simple. If he (or his dad) likes a player, that player is really good!

tommykat
05-08-2005, 06:41 PM
Larry Johnson proved himself last year and very well...........he is a keeper!:clap:

Logical
05-08-2005, 06:58 PM

The problem with this is we should have just made an effort to keep Blaylock if that is what we needed.

Blaylock = Henry in my book.

Thig Lyfe
05-08-2005, 07:20 PM
I was a doubter, but now I think that LJ is going to pwn. Keep him, he's our future.

Nightfyre
05-08-2005, 08:35 PM
I was a doubter, but now I think that LJ is going to pwn. Keep him, he's our future.
Im in this boat.

Over-Head
05-09-2005, 02:43 AM
He's hurt,
He's been around,
He's got 11 yrs exp,
Considered "old" by most at 31 and on his down hill slide

Oh yeah, he'll be a Ra!der yet ROFL

Mecca
05-09-2005, 04:15 AM
A buddy of mine is a Bills fan and he hates Travis Henry. Henry is a guy who would be put in the dog house by these coach's right away and I don't blame them. He doesn't like to pick up blitz's he doesn't like to block in general. He trips over his own feet several times, he puts the ball on the ground.

Bottom line with Travis Henry the Bills couldn't win last year, they put Mcgahee in they win. So yea you don't want Travis Henry especially not over LJ.

Henrys also a whiner if he didn't start he'd bitch and moan about it constantly as he's doing right now. Hell he got pissed the minute the Bills picked Willis.

He's not a good all around player hes got attitude issues and well quite frankly if you've read about some of the stuff he's done he's kinda stupid.

Remember Henry is the guy who got busted for sleeping with an underage girl he met at a gas station. What NFL player picks up women at a gas station?

htismaqe
05-09-2005, 05:11 AM
I can't believe anybody is still talking about trading Larry Johnson.

The only running back to have better numbers in the last 15 years with the Chiefs is Holmes.

Frankie
05-09-2005, 07:04 AM
Bullshit, LJ ran like a stud in our system and is proven in our system. Why give away a sure thing? If it results in extra draft picks for 06.

Frankie
05-09-2005, 07:07 AM
A buddy of mine is a Bills fan and he hates Travis Henry. Henry is a guy who would be put in the dog house by these coach's right away and I don't blame them. He doesn't like to pick up blitz's he doesn't like to block in general. He trips over his own feet several times, he puts the ball on the ground.

Bottom line with Travis Henry the Bills couldn't win last year, they put Mcgahee in they win. So yea you don't want Travis Henry especially not over LJ.

Henrys also a whiner if he didn't start he'd bitch and moan about it constantly as he's doing right now. Hell he got pissed the minute the Bills picked Willis.

He's not a good all around player hes got attitude issues and well quite frankly if you've read about some of the stuff he's done he's kinda stupid.

Remember Henry is the guy who got busted for sleeping with an underage girl he met at a gas station. What NFL player picks up women at a gas station?

Wow! If even some of that is true, I'm closing the can of worms here.

Bwana
05-09-2005, 07:13 AM
If it results in extra draft picks for 06.

Once again, it's not worth dumping a sure thing for a roll of the dice. That's just bad math any way you look at it.

Bowser
05-09-2005, 07:17 AM
Once again, it's not worth dumping a sure thing for a roll of the dice. That's just bad math any way you look at it.

Yup.

In a way, we are fortunate Priest went down last year, or we may naver have known what we really had in LJ. I heard Vermeil on the radio say that we tried multiple times to trade him, but nobody would bite. I'm glad he never moved anywhere, but it could have been amusing to watch him go rush for 1,300 yards in Tampa and see the implosion here on the Planet......

jarjar
05-09-2005, 07:24 AM
What? LJ is shaping up to be a stud, why the hell are we going to get rid of him? He's the future ground game of this franchise.

Chan93lx50
05-09-2005, 07:30 AM
How much does a guy have to do to prove he can play? LJ exceeded all of our expectations and ran the ball very well in our offense. How can you say he does not fit into our offense when he kicked ass and took names last season while Priest was out.

Does LJ run like Priest, no.... Does our offense still move the ball with LJ? Yes, so why ruin something you know works and bring a guy in that might end up sucking major donkey bawls.

I don’t want a RBBC, so quite thinking about Trading our running backs and f*cking up one of bright spots on the team.

Ralphy Boy
05-09-2005, 07:51 AM
NFL players as a whole pick up women everywhere, although I thought that in his case it happened when he was still in college.

Either way, LJ is the best first round draft pick we've had since Tony G, no way in hell Carl is gonna trade him.

Is this thread actually suggesting we trade LJ, a running back whom critics have given credit to the system and not the player, in an offseason when S. Alexander, E. James & T. Henry were all dangled as trade bait and yet sat all offseason long?

I, like many of the other suckers, wanted to trade LJ once upon a time, but to do so now would be one of the worst moves we could ever make as a franchise.

We should all go to the games and hold up "I was wrong LJ!" signs in hopes of making him like it better here than he has to date so that he doesn't bolt as a FA after next (2006) season.

Brock
05-09-2005, 08:03 AM
What? LJ is shaping up to be a stud, why the hell are we going to get rid of him? He's the future ground game of this franchise.

Agreed, it's a fugging dumb idea.

AmishChiefsFan
05-09-2005, 08:33 AM

Yeah, just ask the Dolphins (regarding trading Surtain and Poole goes down for the year).

Gaz
05-09-2005, 08:37 AM
Pack your bags, Ty, you are headed for Miami.

P.S: Leave Larry Johnson alone.

xoxo~
Gaz
Much happier with Surtain than Law.

patteeu
05-09-2005, 09:18 AM
The problem with this is we should have just made an effort to keep Blaylock if that is what we needed.

Blaylock = Henry in my book.

No way. Henry has fumble problems, but he's proven a lot more than Blaylock has behind a weaker offensive line. IMO.

RINGLEADER
05-09-2005, 11:13 AM
Larry Johnson proved himself...he's beyond being just some kind of developmental RBotF.

Would love to have Ty Law...even if it's just for the year.