PDA

View Full Version : Another cop killed

ENDelt260
05-10-2005, 09:33 PM

chief52
05-10-2005, 09:39 PM
That sucks. 11:10am you pull over a car and get blown away. The world is going crazy.

Mr. Kotter
05-10-2005, 09:43 PM
Cop killers should face an automatic and prompt death penalty. :mad:

And in most other circumstances I would actually be anti-capital punishment. Killing law enforcement people is a different category for me though.

:shake:

Phobia
05-10-2005, 10:29 PM
I wonder if it would be distasteful to launch my latest business venture - a bumper sticker company.

"The occupants of this car should be considered armed and dangerous"

I'm guessing you rarely get pulled over.

Nightfyre
05-11-2005, 01:49 AM
You know, I wrote a paper about something along these lines in a CLS class I had. I predicted that the public would never really accept the use of solid force in law enforcement because of a few cases like the Rodney King incident, where one person is seemingly beat too much (although, the actual story seems to go with he was on PCP which makes him feel no pain, so its nearly impossible to get them to submit to arrest) actually handcuff the police further and that it takes a great deal of police dying for there to be any change regarding their ability to use force. The fact of the matter is, their job requires them to use force, and mroe force than the public is comfortable with to keep the police safe. Take the tazer incidents for example. Way overblown compared to teh number of policemen that would have fallen victim had there been no tazers.

Sorry, Rant.
The thesis of the paper was:
The public easily empathizes with the "victims" of "excessive force" and does not easily empathize with the dangers of being a policeman in todays world. This is a result of the media's overplaying of the victim situations, when in all actuality the policemen are acting to secure their safety. This allows the public to more easily compromise the safety of policemen for the protection of the arrestees.