PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the board, UncleGreg.

Phobia
05-12-2005, 08:21 AM
Are you really Boomer's uncle?

This is a cool site. We're unsure what to think about Boomer and all the hype surrounding him. He sure has made the town talk, though.

UncleGreg
05-12-2005, 08:23 AM
I'm very proud to say that - Yes, I am!

Hammock Parties
05-12-2005, 08:24 AM

Don't believe anything you read about Rich Scanlon here.

Phobia
05-12-2005, 08:25 AM

Cool. So, how do you think his skills will translate to the NFL?

Skip Towne
05-12-2005, 08:26 AM
Welcome to the board. Here's some rep to get you started.

ROYC75
05-12-2005, 08:27 AM
Welcome to great place with a bunch of wacky football fanatics.

jspchief
05-12-2005, 08:27 AM
Welcome.

As I've said in earlier posts... If grit, charisma, and quotability were football skills, this kid would be a Hall of Famer. He has a knack for saying the type of things football fans love to hear.

I'm rooting for him to make an impact on the field like he's already made an impact in the media. I can definately see him becoming a fan favorite.

ROYC75
05-12-2005, 08:29 AM
Don't believe anything you read about Rich Scanlon here.

No kidding, especially the negative crap ! ROFL

redfan
05-12-2005, 08:32 AM
Well, this is nifty.
I can't wait to see Boomer on the field and in person, providing he makes the team. (I'm sure he will, and will contribute this year.)

siberian khatru
05-12-2005, 08:33 AM
See if you can get Boomer to post here occasionally. I think he'd enjoy it.

4th and Long
05-12-2005, 08:35 AM
See if you can get Boomer to post here occasionally. I think he'd enjoy it.
I think we'd all enjoy it! :thumb:

Welcome aboard! :thumb:

Eleazar
05-12-2005, 08:44 AM
Welcome! Hopefully he can make a difference on the team. Everyone in town seems to like what they have heard from him in the local media. I hope he has a long and successful career in Kansas City.

morphius
05-12-2005, 08:47 AM
Everything we have read about your nephew has been very good. Seems like he has a good head on his shoulders to go along with the knock your teeth out LB mentallity. I'm excited to see the guy in action.

Welcome to the Planet!

Rain Man
05-12-2005, 08:55 AM

Cool. Welcome.

(Psst, mods. Should we hide the thread about whether Boomer could beat Scanlon in a knife fight?)

Phobia
05-12-2005, 08:56 AM
Cool. Welcome.

(Psst, mods. Should we hide the thread about whether Boomer could beat Scanlon in a knife fight?)

I dunno. Who won?

KCTitus
05-12-2005, 08:57 AM
When Boomer takes Scanlon's job on ST...there's going to be hell to pay, UG. Watch out for the Roy's when this happens.

UncleGreg
05-12-2005, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the welcomes!

What can I say? I guess just that there is no BS about Boomer. He's just as advertised. He is just a great kid that has worked his ass off to pursue his dream. I can only say that if heart and determination have anything to do with it he will succeed.

Oh, and the other thing I can guarantee is that there will be a ton of new Chiefs fans! Boomer has lots of aunts and uncles! Will be seeing you at mini-camp and training camp!

Bwana
05-12-2005, 08:59 AM
Cool, welcome to the board.

NewChief
05-12-2005, 09:00 AM
Oh, and the other thing I can guarantee is that there will be a ton of new Chiefs fans! Boomer has lots of aunts and uncles! Will be seeing you at mini-camp and training camp!

Excellent. Sounds like the Weigman clan. Good Midwestern family. There's always a ton of them around on game day.

Nightfyre
05-12-2005, 09:01 AM
Excellent. Sounds like the Weigman clan. Good Midwestern family. There's always a ton of them around on game day.
What NewChief meant to say, was where does Boomer sit on the political spectrum?

ROYC75
05-12-2005, 09:02 AM
Cool. Welcome.

Heh..... I'm sure it's OK if he has a sense of humor in him .

NewChief
05-12-2005, 09:03 AM
What NewChief meant to say, was where does Boomer sit on the political spectrum?

No no. I think you (and Boomer) would be best off staying out of politics on this board. The DC Forum is like the Dark Side of the Planet.

Iowanian
05-12-2005, 09:03 AM
UG....

Welcome to the board. I hope you and the boomer family enjoy a long run as Chief fans with braggin rights.

I'll sumit this though........message boards might not be the best place for any family without thick skin to hang....It can get brutal online sometimes.

I could totally kick Boomer's ass at Thumb Wrestling.

ROYC75
05-12-2005, 09:04 AM
When Boomer takes Scanlon's job on ST...there's going to be hell to pay, UG. Watch out for the Roy's when this happens.

Counting the chickens before they hatch ?
:hmmm:

Nightfyre
05-12-2005, 09:04 AM
No no. I think you (and Boomer) would be best off staying out of politics on this board. The DC Forum is like the Dark Side of the Planet.
Filled with hate, it is...

C-Mac
05-12-2005, 09:05 AM

Wow thats great!.......can you like get me some Chiefs tickets?:D

badgirl
05-12-2005, 09:06 AM
Welcome to the Board. :p

KCTitus
05-12-2005, 09:09 AM

How ironic.

Iowanian
05-12-2005, 09:11 AM

Scanlon has less chance of Taking Grigsby's roster spot than III does of scoring with a woman you're not paying.

Bob Dole
05-12-2005, 09:14 AM
Bob Dole just wants to know if it is true that the only substance hard enough to scratch Boomer Grigsby is Boomer Grigsby.

ROYC75
05-12-2005, 09:14 AM
How ironic.

Have you seen Boomer play yet ?

Just what I thought .

Iowanian
05-12-2005, 09:15 AM
ROY....If you put your nose any closer and you're going to be tastint what Scanlon had for breakfast.....yesterday.

Bootlegged
05-12-2005, 09:16 AM
Will Boomer be sending autographed pics to the planeteers?

Phobia
05-12-2005, 09:17 AM
UncleGreg - As I'm sure you know by now, our board is fast paced and in your face. We like to joke a lot and have a good time. We've had relatives on here several times and it's usually fun for all parties involved. However, one mother was incredibly defensive about her son and probably left with bruised feelings. I don't anticipate this will be a problem for you. But please know that we're going to tell you like it is. If Boomer sucks in the NFL, you'll read it here. But if he's awesome, this group will be as happy as the family. We're an intensely loyal, crazed fanbase and fans who spend time on internet message boards are more into it than most.

Just a little background to let you know what you're getting yourself into. Heh.

KCTitus
05-12-2005, 09:21 AM

Just what I thought .

LOL.

the Talking Can
05-12-2005, 09:22 AM

Just what I thought .

stop it

you act like a 4 year old girl whenever someone mentions that hag Scanlon....

UncleGreg
05-12-2005, 09:22 AM
You guys are hilarious!

badgirl
05-12-2005, 09:25 AM
You guys are hilarious!
ROFL ROFL you haven't saw anything yet.

The Bad Guy
I think it's pretty shitty that RoyC would use a thread to welcome a player's uncle as a place to argue about his man crush.

Iowanian
Oooh, he's easily entertained.

You'll notice some things don't make sense, and they're jokes that have arisen over time. Don't be afraid to ask. You'll be able to figure out the Poo jokes on your own.

The Roys are destined to be arrested for Humping Scanlon's leg at River falls.

munkey
UncleGreg - However, one mother was incredibly defensive about her son and probably left with bruised feelings.

Which reminds me....

It's MR. MUNKEY for you UncleGreg...

~Might as well get that out of the way~

Phobia
You guys are hilarious!

If you knew about some of the insider jokes people are posting on this thread it would be even funnier.

For instance, Christian Okoye has spent some time at ChiefsPlanet, pimping his wares. One time he promised about 50 people an autographed 8x10 if they would send their address to him via email.

He didn't send 1 8x10. So it's a commonly referenced joke here. Hence the question "Will Boomer be sending autographed pics". Heh heh.

ROYC75
05-12-2005, 09:26 AM
ROY....If you put your nose any closer and you're going to be tastint what Scanlon had for breakfast.....yesterday.

Now where have I mentioned his name?

Just what I thought...... It was my intentions, right .

ROYC75
05-12-2005, 09:27 AM
You guys are hilarious!

We try to please.......

Iowanian
05-12-2005, 09:27 AM
You'd better warn Boomer..........Rumor has it that Rich Scanlon(who has some hooker he knew in college that posts here)....can Pee over the top of a 59 Ford, without getting a drop on the top.

ROYC75
05-12-2005, 09:28 AM
I think it's pretty shitty that RoyC would use a thread to welcome a player's uncle as a place to argue about his man crush.

Nonsense, I have not mentioned that name.

jspchief
05-12-2005, 09:28 AM
If you knew about some of the insider jokes people are posting on this thread it would be even funnier.

For instance, Christian Okoye has spent some time at ChiefsPlanet, pimping his wares. One time he promised about 50 people an autographed 8x10 if they would send their address to him via email.

He didn't send 1 8x10. So it's a commonly referenced joke here. Hence the question "Will Boomer be sending autographed pics". Heh heh.Aha! I knew if I was patient I'd get the story behind the 8x10!

munkey
05-12-2005, 09:29 AM
Nonsense, I have not mentioned that name.

Do you have to?

C-Mac
05-12-2005, 09:29 AM
UncleGreg - As I'm sure you know by now, our board is fast paced and in your face. We like to joke a lot and have a good time. We've had relatives on here several times and it's usually fun for all parties involved. However, one mother was incredibly defensive about her son and probably left with bruised feelings. I don't anticipate this will be a problem for you. But please know that we're going to tell you like it is. If Boomer sucks in the NFL, you'll read it here. But if he's awesome, this group will be as happy as the family. We're an intensely loyal, crazed fanbase and fans who spend time on internet message boards are more into it than most.
Just a little background to let you know what you're getting yourself into. Heh.

Or at least how we personally percieve it should be. :drool:

ROYC75
05-12-2005, 09:30 AM
stop it

you act like a 4 year old girl whenever someone mentions that hag Scanlon....

more nonsense..........

I welcomed the guy and you clowns started it. I have said nothing bad about Boomer or ever have. The kid has talent, but yet to hit the field to show he can play in the NFL.

Nightfyre
05-12-2005, 09:31 AM
more nonsense..........

I welcomed the guy and you clowns started it. I have said nothing bad about Boomer or ever have. The kid has talent, but yet to hit the field to show he can play in the NFL.
I would say the same about Scanlon...

UTChief
welcome to the board hope you visit alot and relay some of Boomers thoughts.

munkey
The kid has talent, but yet to hit the field to show he can play in the NFL.

Kinda like Scanlon... :hmmm:

Nightfyre
05-12-2005, 09:32 AM
Hah! beat you to it!

bkkcoh
05-12-2005, 09:34 AM

Understatement of the year. As the Chief's go, this board goes. With the exception of meme, she is unhappy 95% of the time, except when Gannon is on fire.... :Poke:

C-Mac
05-12-2005, 09:36 AM

I think the only problem with Rich Scanlon is he doesnt have a cool fail proof nickname like "Boomer".
Maybe we should help him out and get him a cool nickname like uh.....
"Scramblin Scanlon"

dirk digler
05-12-2005, 09:37 AM
Welcome to the board Uncle Greg! Everybody is cool here except gochiefs.

Wile_E_Coyote
05-12-2005, 09:39 AM
helping Dante score on the chopblockingvaslinesmearing&freewillc*cksuckingBroncos will make him a HERO

ROYC75
05-12-2005, 09:41 AM
I would say the same about Scanlon...

OK, you have forced me to mention the name. Rich Scanlon has been in the NFL for a year even thou none of you want to say it. He has a year of working practices in Gun's scheme. He has talent and smarts that isd needed to play MLB. He has and still is currently doing well in the NFLE. He has always been a good ST's player as much as a good MLB. In time he will erase the 2 ST's penaltys you like to reference him to with his play.

Boomer is unproven at the NFL level or even a major college level. It's yet to be seen if he can make the next step from a small college to an NFL roster, very few players do that. From what I have read about Boomer, he has talent, I wish the best for him as I do any other player try'n out for the NFL.

Many of you here are ready to pencil him ( Boomer )on the roster and few select clowns think he will start. :rolleyes: Getting a roster spot is hard enough, a slim few in the history of the NFL has ever started. But it does happen, I accept you wishes and desires.

Just let the kids line up and play, it's all I ask.

( BTW, Uncle Greg, tell Boomer that if he does make the roster to not get any ST's penaltys, these guys are unforgiving )

Nightfyre
05-12-2005, 09:42 AM
OK, you have forced me to mention the name. Rich Scanlon has been in the NFL for a year even thou none of you want to say it.
Lets start with this statement, right here...

the Talking Can
05-12-2005, 09:44 AM
OK, you have forced me to mention the name. Rich Scanlon has been in the NFL for a year even thou none of you want to say it. He has a year of working practices in Gun's scheme. He has talent and smarts that isd needed to play MLB. He has and still is currently doing well in the NFLE. He has always been a good ST's player as much as a good MLB. In time he will erase the 2 ST's penaltys you like to reference him to with his play.

Boomer is unproven at the NFL level or even a major college level. It's yet to be seen if he can make the next step from a small college to an NFL roster, very few players do that. From what I have read about Boomer, he has talent, I wish the best for him as I do any other player try'n out for the NFL.

Many of you here are ready to pencil him ( Boomer )on the roster and few select clowns think he will start. :rolleyes: Getting a roster spot is hard enough, a slim few in the history of the NFL has ever started. But it does happen, I accept you wishes and desires.

Just let the kids line up and play, it's all I ask.

( BTW, Uncle Greg, tell Boomer that if he does make the roster to not get any ST's penaltys, these guys are unforgiving )

now that Gannon has retired we have our new Denise......

Scaga
05-12-2005, 09:44 AM
Welcome to the board.
Whatever you do...don't listen to a thing Taco John has to say. He's more full of $hit than anybody else here.

(fyi...he runs www.orangemane.com....so you know he's not a smart man being a donkey fan and all) :)

Nightfyre
05-12-2005, 09:45 AM
Okay, in his one year in the NFL, scanlon has made 2 tackles and 1 assist. He also commited a penalty for 15 yards. WOW! Thats proof right there that he is going to be major talent in this league.

ROYC75
05-12-2005, 09:49 AM
Okay, in his one year in the NFL, scanlon has made 2 tackles and 1 assist. He also commited a penalty for 15 yards. WOW! Thats proof right there that he is going to be major talent in this league.

Should every rookie be deheaded because of a peanlty ? What about the Vets..... They are experenced, they shouldn't make nmistakes, right.

Give it up guys, you are riding a broken ride, your theory about penalties are weak, extremely weak.

mlyonsd
05-12-2005, 09:49 AM
You'd better warn Boomer..........Rumor has it that Rich Scanlon(who has some hooker he knew in college that posts here)....can Pee over the top of a 59 Ford, without getting a drop on the top.

Big deal. Trucks were a lot smaller back in 59. Now if he could do it over an Excursion or Hummer you'd be onto something.

Bootlegged
05-12-2005, 09:50 AM

He didn't send 1 8x10. So it's a commonly referenced joke here. Hence the question "Will Boomer be sending autographed pics". Heh heh.

Dammit, I thought I was being original. :shake:

ROYC75
05-12-2005, 09:50 AM
Enough talk about Scanlon, this is UncleGreg's thread about being proud of Boomer.

Nightfyre
05-12-2005, 09:51 AM
Should every rookie be deheaded because of a peanlty ? What about the Vets..... They are experenced, they shouldn't make nmistakes, right.

Give it up guys, you are riding a broken ride, your theory about penalties are weak, extremely weak.
Its the 2 tackles and 1 assist I was hitting on. Why are you so high on him? When weighed against a STUPID 15 yard penalty the penalty is heavier, especially on a special teams play.

nmt1
05-12-2005, 09:53 AM
UG:

You can tell Boomer that one Chiefs fan here thinks it's very admirable that he worked his butt off in pursuit of his dreams. I hope he keeps it up and has a wonderful career.

Iowanian
05-12-2005, 09:57 AM
Big deal. Trucks were a lot smaller back in 59. Now if he could do it over an Excursion or Hummer you'd be onto something.

Oh yeah..I also heard that when he went up Nort for the baby seal clubbing...he didn't bring a club.

the only thing he brought were a pair of Boxer shorts and a Playboy.

Limited out by 6:30 am. The skins were to busted up to be useful though.

ChiefsOne
05-12-2005, 09:59 AM
Welcome UncleGreg! Now that I call you Uncle, how about some tickets? :drool:

Iowanian
05-12-2005, 10:00 AM
All Bullshit asside.........Boomer is the Prototype of player that Chief Fans want to Love.

If he can just make some big hits on Special teams...he'll be a fan favorite. If he can become a starter and play well, he can probably take a dump in the Plaza fountain and get cheers.

NewChief
05-12-2005, 10:04 AM
Oh yeah..I also heard that when he went up Nort for the baby seal clubbing...he didn't bring a club.

the only thing he brought were a pair of Boxer shorts and a Playboy.

Limited out by 6:30 am. The skins were to busted up to be useful though.

ROFL

Dude, you really should start to market this shit.

chiefs4me
05-12-2005, 10:07 AM

yep, it's the same ole gripe everytime from them......ROFL

just sit back and relax and wait for him to shine.....and then you can shut these jerks up.:harumph:

chiefs4me
05-12-2005, 10:08 AM
ROFL

Dude, you really should start to market this shit.

:rolleyes: for who......10 year olds.

Iowanian
05-12-2005, 10:09 AM
don't pay any attention to c4me, uncle.....She thinks a "football" is the medical term for her hammer toes.

dollar1
05-12-2005, 10:10 AM
What he said...

I've lurked for many years (back to the old board) and there are few people that have such a warped sense of humor.

Dude you kill me ROFL

There needs to be a thread with only Iowanian quotes.

~crawling back under my rock~

NewChief
05-12-2005, 10:11 AM
I changed my mind. I'm not going to give in to the derailment. Ignore the post.

Skip Towne
05-12-2005, 10:11 AM
:rolleyes: for who......10 year olds.
Uh-oh, she's here......INCOMING!!!

dollar1
05-12-2005, 10:12 AM
I guess I must be 10 years old then :)

~back under rock~

jspchief
05-12-2005, 10:13 AM
Uh-oh, she's here......INCOMING!!!Yep. Another derailed thread.

chiefs4me
05-12-2005, 10:18 AM
don't pay any attention to c4me, uncle.....She thinks a "football" is the medical term for her hammer toes.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.....ROFL

chiefs4me
05-12-2005, 10:19 AM
Uh-oh, she's here......INCOMING!!!

did you miss me.....;)

Iowanian
05-12-2005, 10:20 AM
crikey! could you NOT do this, threadwrecker?

Every day, you're more and more like the fat guy who shat his pants, who climbed in the Volkswagon during the summer "break the record for people in a beatle" contest.

chiefs4me
05-12-2005, 10:22 AM
I changed my mind. I'm not going to give in to the derailment. Ignore the post.

aw.....how sweet...rep for you.

chiefs4me
05-12-2005, 10:25 AM
crikey! could you NOT do this, threadwrecker?

Every day, you're more and more like the fat guy who shat his pants, who climbed in the Volkswagon during the summer "break the record for people in a beatle" contest.

Listen up Killer...we have already had this fight. I can and will post on any damn thread I want to.:harumph: Me posting on a thread doesn't derail it... so quit acting like I stole your damn toy truck.:rolleyes:

Iowanian
05-12-2005, 10:27 AM
threadwrecker,

You've made 5-6 posts on this thread. not a single one, in any way, can be attributed to anything remotely related to ANY of the previous conversation.

Its like every time you see the grownups sitting around having a conversation, enjoying a beer, you feel the need to drop a nasty kotex on the coffee table as you walk by.

CoMoChief
05-12-2005, 10:29 AM
Welcome aboard buddy

Brock
05-12-2005, 10:29 AM
Great. Nascar fan representing again.

Wile_E_Coyote
05-12-2005, 10:34 AM
Great. Nascar fan representing again.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/customavatars/avatar4153_10.gif
I thought that was Doug Flutie :banghead:

KChiefs1
05-12-2005, 10:35 AM
UncleGreg, you going to be in River Falls for training camp?

chiefs4me
05-12-2005, 10:38 AM
threadwrecker,

You've made 5-6 posts on this thread. not a single one, in any way, can be attributed to anything remotely related to ANY of the previous conversation.

Its like every time you see the grownups sitting around having a conversation, enjoying a beer, you feel the need to drop a nasty kotex on the coffee table as you walk by.

ROFL....one day I think you might be smart and then..BOOM, here comes the stupid...I replied to Roy75 and no one else till YOU threw your 2 cents in. So why don't you use that little button called ignore.:harumph:

PHOG
05-12-2005, 10:40 AM
threadwrecker,

ROFL ROFL

:eek: :Lin:

PHOG
05-12-2005, 10:42 AM
Oh, by the way Uncle Greg, good luck to Boomer.. :thumb:

Iowanian
05-12-2005, 10:45 AM
So why don't you use that little button called ignore.:harumph:

I'm seriously considering it Deni-se4me.

I'm sure 90% of the board agrees that I'm just dominated by your clever witt and insiteful contribution.

Yuu've had more footstamping "no man is gonna tell me what to do, Ah do wha Ah Waaaan" posts than football. I'm sure you look like a tricked out Cartman too.

Saulbadguy
05-12-2005, 10:45 AM
chiefs4me is derailing yet another thread? Bitch, get to the back of the line. I'm sure we can get better fluffers than you.

Saulbadguy
05-12-2005, 10:46 AM
I'm seriously considering it Deni-se4me.

I'm sure 90% of the board agrees that I'm just dominated by your clever witt and insiteful contribution.

Yuu've had more footstamping "no man is gonna tell me what to do, Ah do wha Ah Waaaan" posts than football. I'm sure you look like a tricked out Cartman too.
Denise actually talks about football.

Mr. Laz
05-12-2005, 10:48 AM
All Bullshit asside.........Boomer is the Prototype of player that Chief Fans want to Love.
yep ... first player i think of is Dino Hackett ROFL

NewChief
05-12-2005, 10:49 AM
ROFL....one day I think you might be smart and then..BOOM, here comes the stupid...I replied to Roy75 and no one else till YOU threw your 2 cents in. So why don't you use that little button called ignore.:harumph:

Actually, you chimed in first insulting Iowanian in reply to my thread. I've never really given much attention to you in the past, but now I see why people dislike you so much. Welcome to my iggy.

Iowanian
05-12-2005, 10:53 AM
Denise actually talks about football.

Is mentioning Rich Gannon actually talking about football now? I mean...he has been reduced to clarke Kent status.

Mr. Kotter
05-12-2005, 10:56 AM

Welcome. Your nephew looks like a keeper. :thumb:

Saulbadguy
Is mentioning Rich Gannon actually talking about football now? I mean...he has been reduced to clarke Kent status.
True..but isn't that %100 more than what chiefs4me has brought up?

AustinChief
Welcome aboard Uncle Greg!

If Boomer or any family members are interested in using this board to publish a "notes from training camp" series or something of the sort... just let me know. We would love to hear more about his transition to the pros.

--Kyle

teedubya
05-12-2005, 10:57 AM
Chiefsplanet is really cool towards uncles... maybe I could let my uncle know about this place. heh

ROYC75
05-12-2005, 10:58 AM
Welcome. Your nephew looks like a keeper. :thumb:

On paper and in the media, have you seen him play ?

the Talking Can
05-12-2005, 11:00 AM

are you for real?

quit acting like a bitch.....

DenverChief
05-12-2005, 11:00 AM
:rolleyes:

Kerberos
05-12-2005, 11:02 AM
Hello: CommaTard on the loose! Hello: CommaTard on the loose! Just thought I would drop in on this conversation Hello: CommaTard on the loose! and give Chiefs4Me some support. Hello: CommaTard on the loose!

:D

Iowanian
05-12-2005, 11:05 AM

Actually, I have.

had you seen your boyfriend play a snap before last pre-season?
no one wants him to be a supah-stah more than I do.........I feel the same way about any player on in camp (with very few exceptions).

sorry to say, Grigsby just seems to have "that something" that Fans Fall for. I know you think he is "just a 5th round draft pick".....but so was Fujita, who DID become a starter.

RedNFeisty
05-12-2005, 11:05 AM
After reading this page, all I can say is; Welcome to the Planet!

chiefs4me
05-12-2005, 11:06 AM
Actually, you chimed in first insulting Iowanian in reply to my thread. I've never really given much attention to you in the past, but now I see why people dislike you so much. Welcome to my iggy.

:rolleyes:......go back and reread it please. I replied to Roy, and Killer came right behind me....saying ignore chiefs4me....then I replied to him/you whatever...

Saulbadguy
05-12-2005, 11:07 AM
People actually watch College football sometimes, you know..

go bo
05-12-2005, 11:24 AM
welcome uncle greg...

tell boomer we're pulling for him...

we love the kid already, just for the things he's said in interviews...

can't wait to see him bust some heads on the field...

Simplex3
05-12-2005, 11:29 AM
yep ... first player i think of is Dino Hackett ROFL
Yeah, speaking of Hacket, make sure Boomer understands one thing:

NO TWO WHEELED VEHICLES.

Iowanian
05-12-2005, 11:30 AM
That was Percy Snow, Simplex.

Simplex3
05-12-2005, 11:32 AM
That was Percy Snow, Simplex.
Oh yeah. If I said I was refering to Kellen Winslow would that salvage it?

:doh!:

Rain Man
05-12-2005, 11:33 AM
When Boomer comes to Denver, I hereby pledge to buy him a pizza* for every Denver ball carrier he makes cry. I'll add in a salad for every fumble he forces, just because I want to promote good health.

* - Small, one-topping from Pizza Hut or equivalent.

Simplex3
05-12-2005, 11:37 AM
When Boomer comes to Denver, I hereby pledge to buy him a pizza* for every Denver ball carrier he makes cry. I'll add in a salad for every fumble he forces, just because I want to promote good health.

That's going to cost you a small fortune. You know damn well the whole team cries when they lose, when someone catches them holding, when they're caught manipulating the salary cap....

... and since they all carry balls (sometimes in their mouths)...

Skip Towne
05-12-2005, 11:39 AM
What? Put her on iggy and miss half the fireworks?

Warrior5
05-12-2005, 11:44 AM

and don't forget: Scanlon has never been busted for using a Whizzinator.

...trying to help out.

ROYC75
05-12-2005, 11:45 AM
are you for real?

quit acting like a bitch.....

Damn can, bitch ? You wake up on the wrong side of the sofa , wife kick ya out ?
:p

ROYC75
05-12-2005, 11:51 AM
Actually, I have.

had you seen your boyfriend play a snap before last pre-season?
no one wants him to be a supah-stah more than I do.........I feel the same way about any player on in camp (with very few exceptions).

sorry to say, Grigsby just seems to have "that something" that Fans Fall for. I know you think he is "just a 5th round draft pick".....but so was Fujita, who DID become a starter.

I have no boyfriend......... If you mean Rich, Uh, now, I covered that before.

I have not a thing against Boomer, NOTHING. I want to see him play first, sounds logical, right. Nothing against a 5th round draft pick or he went to a small school. I have stated many times, alot of 5th rd draft picks don't make the roster, especially small school draft picks. It's a big jump to the NFL.

The general rule of thumb we all know is, the exceptional talent of the small schools are good enough to play Div. 1. Even then , for some drafted players, it's tough to make a roster.

Mr. Kotter
05-12-2005, 11:53 AM

Not yet. :)

Mods, can we rename Roy.....Rich'sPimp or Scan'sHo?

Rain Man
05-12-2005, 11:58 AM
Okay, if one of you can make the other cry, I'll buy you a pizza.*

Mr. Laz
05-12-2005, 12:33 PM

if Boomer is good enough to start at MLB, and move Bell to OLB, i will buy him a keg of his favorite brew.

C-Mac
05-12-2005, 12:51 PM
Welcome UncleGreg! Now that I call you Uncle, how about some tickets? :drool:

Not before me! I asked first in post#26! :shake:

Nzoner
05-12-2005, 04:10 PM
Wanted to say welcome aboard Uncle Greg,there's been alot of Boomer talk here on the board and as another who is totally sold on him I've been saving all the links and thought you might like to check them out.

Boomer '04 Interview (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115143)

Boomer Combine Workout (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115239)

Red Remains The Color For Boomer (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115236)

Boomer On The Radio (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115287)

Another Boomer Thread (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115261)

CBS Sportsline Analysis Of Boomer (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115357&page=2&pp=30)

Boomer Mystery (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115422)

UncleGreg
05-12-2005, 04:14 PM
Thanks to everybody!!! We will be at mini-camp and training camp so I hope to meet many of you!

HemiEd
05-12-2005, 04:15 PM
Welcome! Boomer is a player to be excited about. His humility and attitude will serve him and the Chiefs well IMO. :thumb:

Baby Lee
05-12-2005, 04:21 PM
ROFL ROFL you haven't saw anything yet.
Yew tawk perty.

Ebolapox
05-12-2005, 04:24 PM
OMGZ!!THECHIEFS8ME

heh heh

anyway, welcome here, uncle greg... is bob your uncle?? (heh)

I'm POSITIVE I'm not the only one to beg for tickets :p

-EB-

Baby Lee
05-12-2005, 04:28 PM
Jesus, after saying the same effing thing a bajillion times on a THREAD WELCOMING THE DUDE'S UNCLE, would you shut the f*ck UP!!! already?

C-Mac
05-12-2005, 04:38 PM
Thanks to everybody!!! We will be at mini-camp and training camp so I hope to meet many of you!

That will be good fun!
Be sure to bring a couple bags of ice, some extra game tickets..... uhh, maybe few autographed Boomer jerseys(of coarse in Arrowhead red) and some sunscreen.
:thumb:

Goodys
05-12-2005, 04:45 PM
Welcome Uncle greg, can't wait to watch your nephew in action.

big nasty kcnut
05-12-2005, 05:00 PM
UncleGreg welcome to chiefs planet america no.1 BB. Tell boomer we pulling for him and hope to see him destroy jake plumber in the regular season.

UncleGreg
05-12-2005, 05:02 PM
I will let him know!

BTW - Boomer's granny getting a kick out of this board! LOL

Iowanian
05-12-2005, 05:06 PM
If she's looking for a boyfriend, Skiptown went to High School with Lewis and Clark, and he already knows someone else's grandma...so he could introduce them, and they could press cider or make a quilt...or whatever footballgranny's do.

If Boomer can knock a snot bubble out of the First Jet Return man he sees....I'll personally start whittling a wooden statue in his honor.

Welcome to all of Boomers' family. I'm Iowanian, and I'll be your guide on this tour. Unfortunately, you must be *--* tall to Ride.

Being new to Chiefs fandom, let me direct you to our Pet Cause on the planet. www.37forever.org

Donger
05-12-2005, 05:25 PM
Yew tawk perty.

That's just cruel.

Heh.

Bob Dole
05-12-2005, 05:45 PM
UncleGreg welcome to chiefs planet america no.1 BB. Tell boomer we pulling for him and hope to see him destroy jake plumber in the regular season.

And Bill the electrician, too!

big nasty kcnut
05-12-2005, 05:48 PM
BOB that misspelling on jake plummer name was not a misspelling mistake on accident.

Bob Dole
05-12-2005, 05:50 PM
BOB that misspelling on jake plummer name was not a misspelling mistake on accident.

That doesn't change the fact that Boomer needs to kill him some overpriced electricians!

Fairplay
05-12-2005, 07:01 PM
Iowanian has the best advice on this board UncleGreg. If you have any problem, or need advice ask him. His honesty and recommendations are well-taken and is a man of clarity on this board. I can think of no other person on this board worthy of this honor except perhaps Endelt. I leave you in the good graces of these great leaders on this forum.

Inspector
05-12-2005, 07:20 PM
Welcome UncleGreg!

Boomer is already a fan favorite and when he destroys Jake Plummer (as well as a few others) he will truly be a KC hero.

I'm very anxious to see this kid play. His attitude alone is making this offseason even longer.

Your family is, I'm sure, extremely proud as they should be. Heck, I'm already proud of the guy.

Also - I too am an Uncle. And my nephews play football. of course they are only 7 years old, so it's a little bit different.

Make sure you give us some insider Boomer feedback as much as possible. Let him know what the most diehard Chiefs fans in the world think about him already!

Phobia
05-12-2005, 07:22 PM
Let him know what the most diehard Chiefs fans in the world think about him already!

No, please don't tell Boomer about Inspector. You don't even want to know how the dude earned the name "Inspector".

Fairplay
05-12-2005, 07:23 PM
If you are really his Uncle, Uncle Greg, tell us something about Boomer that only his uncle would know. That way when we go see him in person and inquire Boomer about it, he will say "That was Uncle Greg alright!"

KChiefs1
05-12-2005, 07:30 PM
BTW - Boomer's granny getting a kick out of this board!

Hey Granny are you planning on being in River Falls this summer? I have some older type gentlemen who would be willing to "entertain" you if you don't have anything else to do while you are up in River Falls! :p

C-Mac
Iowanian has the best advice on this board UncleGreg. If you have any problem, or need advice ask him. His honesty and recommendations are well-taken and is a man of clarity on this board. I can think of no other person on this board worthy of this honor except perhaps Endelt. I leave you in the good graces of these great leaders on this forum.

Been sipping on grandpa's medicine a little early tonite.... :drool:

Phobia
If you are really his Uncle, Uncle Greg, tell us something about Boomer that only his uncle would know. That way when we go see him in person and inquire Boomer about it, he will say "That was Uncle Greg alright!"

Considering the possibilities of this request, I'm just glad they're from the Chicago area and not West Virginia.

Fairplay
05-12-2005, 07:32 PM
Considering the possibilities of this request, I'm just glad they're from the Chicago area and not West Virginia.

It took me a couple seconds to get that one Phobia. Rep.

C-Mac
05-12-2005, 07:34 PM

Ouch...well at least you didnt say Arkansas. :shake:

NewChief
05-12-2005, 07:35 PM

:cuss:

Bowser
05-12-2005, 07:35 PM
A belated welcome, Uncle Greg! We all look forward to the attitude your nephew will bring to the defense and special teams!

Phobia
05-12-2005, 07:36 PM

Yeah, I'm still waiting on some donations from Arkansas. We don't have too many members from West Virginia. ;)

NewChief
05-12-2005, 07:37 PM
Yeah, I'm still waiting on some donations from Arkansas. We don't have too many members from West Virginia. ;)

Shit. If I don't want my state to become the butt of Phobia's jokes, I better send in some money quick.

Phobia
05-12-2005, 07:37 PM
I can't believe you bastards are trying to hook up Granny Grigsby. Did you even bother to ask what her girlfriend would think about that?

C-Mac
05-12-2005, 07:40 PM
:cuss:

Yes, I know, its quite the reputation our forefathers left us to bare.

Speaking of Chicago...Gino's Pizza is the bomb!

Phobia
05-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Yes, I know, its quite the reputation our forefathers left us to bare.

Yeah - and your foresister/mothers, too.

Fairplay
05-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Shit. If I don't want my state to become the butt of Phobia's jokes, I better send in some money quick.

My sister and brother in law in the past year just moved down to Fayetteville. They seem to like it.

C-Mac
05-12-2005, 07:42 PM

Uh.... me and Herzig are arranging a bake sale at the local car wash. :D

C-Mac
05-12-2005, 07:43 PM
Yeah - and your foresister/mothers, too.

I only got two sisters, the other two are cousins.

Phobia
05-12-2005, 07:44 PM
Uh.... me and Herzig are arranging a bake sale at the local car wash. :D

Herzig is gonna have to wash a LOT of cars to make up for that post count.

NewChief
05-12-2005, 07:44 PM
My sister and brother in law in the past year just moved down to Fayetteville. They seem to like it.

I truly love the place. Probably because I went to college here, but I think it's one of the coolest little undiscovered (probably not for long) progressive meccas in the US.

Fairplay
05-12-2005, 07:45 PM
Speaking of Chicago...Gino's Pizza is the bomb!

Great pizza for sure. I favor Pizano's myself.

C-Mac
05-12-2005, 07:47 PM
I truly love the place. Probably because I went to college here, but I think it's one of the coolest little undiscovered (probably not for long) progressive meccas in the US.

Shhhhhh!

C-Mac
05-12-2005, 07:48 PM
Great pizza for sure. I favor Pizano's myself.

In Chicago?

NewChief
05-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Shhhhhh!

Oh right. Don't come down here. They make you check your shoes at the state line and the ringworms rampant.

Inspector
05-12-2005, 07:50 PM
No, please don't tell Boomer about Inspector. You don't even want to know how the dude earned the name "Inspector".

Hey, I paid my debt to society.

Besides she said she was over 18. How was I to know???

Dang kids these days......

Sparhawk
05-12-2005, 07:50 PM
Welcome Uncle! I hope you enjoy watching Boomer and the Chiefs as much as we do! We hope you'll stick around a while!

Fairplay
05-12-2005, 07:53 PM
Thats the one my friend.

C-Mac
05-12-2005, 07:59 PM
Thats the one my friend.

Thanks, I'll look them up next time I'm in town. :thumb:

C-Mac
05-12-2005, 08:00 PM
Hey, I paid my debt to society.

Besides she said she was over 18. How was I to know???

Dang kids these days......

She?