PDA

View Full Version : Why do the Royals Suck

ChiTown
05-12-2005, 03:12 PM
Primarily, it's poor production from their outfield:

Their 5 outfielders have 38 RBI in 34 games.........That's flat out bad. What's that you say? It's because they are all about speed? I don't think so. They have 1 SB from that entire group. Now that's pathetic.

Just to top it off, they're batting a comb. .240 with a slugging pct of about .400 and a obp of <.300. Those have got to be some of the most miserable stats for a group of OF's that I've ever seen. Makes me long for a combination of Joe Zdeb, Jim Wohlford and Pat Sheridan............

I can't believe how bad we got in the OF position so quickly.

bricks
05-12-2005, 03:13 PM
They don't have anybody. This may sound ignorant, but, it is the truth. that's why they suck.

alpha_omega
05-12-2005, 03:16 PM
$$$

siberian khatru
05-12-2005, 03:18 PM
Makes me long for a combination of Joe Zdeb, Jim Wohlford and Pat Sheridan............

It was Tom Poquette, dammit, not Sheridan! And I referenced Zdeb last night, no points for you. :)

Anyway, we all knew even before the season began the OF would suck like Jenna Jameson in her audition scene.

HemiEd
05-12-2005, 03:18 PM
I think they are supposed to suck for a while during this youth movement. I know, 20 years is quite a while. But the latest youth movement is only a little over a month old. It will probably get worse before it gets better. Wait until the dog days of the season. I don't think they have been mathmatically eliminated yet.

Uncle Fester
05-12-2005, 03:20 PM
Mr. Kauffman died.

teedubya
05-12-2005, 03:20 PM
Absentee Ownership is a glaring reason for the complete suckage... also a piss poor farm system.

alpha_omega
05-12-2005, 03:23 PM
Mr. Kauffman died.

That too!
He was indeed a stellar individual, with a passion for the game.

ChiTown
05-12-2005, 03:28 PM
It was Tom Poquette, dammit, not Sheridan! And I referenced Zdeb last night, no points for you. :)

Anyway, we all knew even before the season began the OF would suck like Jenna Jameson in her audition scene.

I was just looking for 3 OF's that sucked, and Tommy Poquette did not suck, mister. Matter a fact, he signed 3 different bb gloves for me as a kid. Great hustler, and very nice all around player (clutch).

More to the point, I know we knew what we had coming in, but my point is that it's a HUGE part of why this team is very, very bad. Managerial issues aside, it's the most glaring difficiency in that Organization (even at the Minor League level.....)

4th and Long
05-12-2005, 03:29 PM
$$$
More to the point, lack of $$$.

bricks
05-12-2005, 03:35 PM
I've seen in other threads where they talk about the Chiefs moving to L.A. I can't see that. If anything, I can see the Royals moving.

ChiTown
05-12-2005, 03:37 PM
More to the point, lack of $$$.

Too simplistic.

It's more than money, it's the inability to develop the talent in their ML system. More to the point, it's an inability to maintain and develop enough talent to backfill when players leave to FA.

We've basically whiffed since Dye, Beltran and Damon left the Royals. That just shouldn't happen. DeJesus is a "nice player", but he lacks power, arm strength, basepath speed, and leadoff hitting effeciency. 9 extra basehits in 34 games from your leadoff guy that lacks baserunning skilz just doesn't get it done, IMO.

beavis
05-12-2005, 03:37 PM
Absentee Ownership is a glaring reason for the complete suckage... also a piss poor farm system.
Why exactly does the owner not living here lead to "complete suckage". The guy across the parking lot lives in Dallas and the Chiefs don't... ok, bad example.

I wouldn't characterize the farm system as piss poor either. It's average, but getting better every year.

beavis
05-12-2005, 03:38 PM
We've basically whiffed since Dye, Beltran and Damon left the Royals. That just shouldn't happen. DeJesus is a "nice player", but he lacks power, arm strength, basepath speed, and leadoff hitting effeciency. 9 extra basehits in 34 games from your leadoff guy that lacks baserunning skilz just doesn't get it done, IMO.
I'm starting to think he'd make a better 2 hitter, but the lack of anyone to replace him at leadoff (should) prevent that from happening.

Calcountry
05-12-2005, 03:38 PM
I've seen in other threads where they talk about the Chiefs moving to L.A. I can't see that. If anything, I can see the Royals moving.I think they would do great in Sacramento. ;)

tk13
05-12-2005, 03:43 PM
I don't know the numbers, but we still might be better than last year. Remember we had Dee Brown out there in LF for most of the year... Matt Stairs was the only one who actually had decent production.

siberian khatru
05-12-2005, 03:44 PM
I was just looking for 3 OF's that sucked, and Tommy Poquette did not suck, mister. Matter a fact, he signed 3 different bb gloves for me as a kid. Great hustler, and very nice all around player (clutch).

I liked Poquette as a kid, but really, he's no better or worse than Sheridan. They had identical career OPS: .690. At least Pat hit 2 big homers in the 1985 ALCS.

bricks
05-12-2005, 03:45 PM
I think they would do great in Sacramento. ;)

I agree. wouldn't doubt it. It's funny how all of the Kansas City teams that moved are great teams today. I don't think KC is a REAL sports town. I think I read that somewhere in one of Whitlocks articles. I'm not taking away anything from the Chiefs. I think the Chiefs are the only thing Kansas City has.

ChiTown
05-12-2005, 03:47 PM
I don't know the numbers, but we still might be better than last year. Remember we had Dee Brown out there in LF for most of the year... Matt Stairs was the only one who actually had decent production.

Is that supposed to make me feel better? ;)

ROYC75
05-12-2005, 03:49 PM
Suck ? Oh come on now, you guys know they have won 8 games so far...........

bricks
05-12-2005, 03:53 PM
Suck ? Oh come on now, you guys know they have won 8 games so far...........

That's good enough to close the gate on them
;)

gblowfish
05-12-2005, 03:56 PM
Suggested all time Royals Position Suck Team:

1B: Hal Morris
2B: Terry Shumpert
SS: Neifi Perez
3B: Dean Palmer
C: Ed Hearn
LF: Chuck Knoblauch
CF: Bip Roberts
RF: Juan Gonzalez
DH: "Pickles" Pickering

beavis
05-12-2005, 04:11 PM

No Royals suck team could possibly be complete without Kevin McReynolds or Gary Thurman.

Eleazar
05-12-2005, 04:12 PM
You forgot Offerman.

Demonpenz
05-12-2005, 06:07 PM
hello scott pose!

tk13
05-12-2005, 06:16 PM

Dean Palmer wasn't that bad, he had 34-35 homers one year...

chiefqueen
05-12-2005, 06:47 PM
Any knowledgeable person would start Chico Lind over Neifi Perez.

chiefqueen
05-12-2005, 06:56 PM
I predict the Royals will not lose tonight.

gblowfish
05-12-2005, 07:09 PM
You forgot Offerman.
Jose Awfulman?

Yes, he was brutal in the field, but could hit.

Dean Palmer was hurt most of the time. If you don't like him on 3rd, how bout Craig Paquette or Cliff Pastornicki?

Chico Lind (Mr. Porky Piggin' Himself) was a 2nd baseman, not a SS. Second choice for SS would probably be Felix Martinez.

Jerry Martin was a bad outfielder. He was snorting the foul lines with Willie Aikens and Willie Wilson. Alert!!! They're all very Alert!!!

papasmurf
05-12-2005, 07:52 PM
Without reading all the posts.

Because they are the royals.

papasmurf
05-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Springfield has a new AA team. Maybe you folks in KC would like to come down and see a good team.

siberian khatru
05-12-2005, 08:08 PM
Bad Royals:

Cliff Pastornicky, the "heir to George Brett" at 3B.

Todd Cruz.

Steve Jeltz.

cmh6476
05-12-2005, 08:13 PM
the curse of the biancalana :cry:

gblowfish
05-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Bad Royals:

Cliff Pastornicky, the "heir to George Brett" at 3B.
Cliffy played in 10 games in 1983. went 4 for 32, for a .125 BA.
Two of his four hits were dingers!
http://www.baseball-reference.com/p/pastocl01.shtml

siberian khatru
05-12-2005, 08:36 PM
Two of his four hits were dingers!

Damn, I totally forgot that. :thumb: