PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notice......

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
05-12-2005, 08:00 PM
That the Chargers have added only one free agent this offseason? Seems to be keeping the same team intact, I guess winning the division and then losing the first game in the playoffs tell you that you are not in any need of changing anything.......... of course we know all to well how that works out!

Phobia
05-12-2005, 08:03 PM
Anyone else notice the Chargers had 2 first round picks and franchised their QB?

I think it's us and them fighting for the division.

Sparhawk
05-12-2005, 08:05 PM
I think you're right Phobia. Though I suspect the chargers this year won't be nearly as effective.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
05-12-2005, 08:07 PM
Anyone else notice the Chargers had 2 first round picks and franchised their QB?

Hmmm........ still sounds pretty similar to what the Chiefs have done in the past, even last year....... I think they are in for a face plant.

tk13
05-12-2005, 08:09 PM

Yeah, but the high 1st rounder is now playing everybody's favorite board game, "Holdout".

Deberg_1990
05-12-2005, 09:14 PM
I think you're right Phobia. Though I suspect the chargers this year won't be nearly as effective.

Oh I think they will be just as tough, but hopefully we will be much improved this year. Im not worried about having to face them in a "Big Game" though. Marty, as always, will find new ways to invent the word "Choke"

Mecca
05-13-2005, 03:23 AM
Oh cmon man you know Bwah Jue is a great free agent signing.........
I need to see Drew Brees perform on that level again before I'm completely sold on him truly being that player.

Shawne Merriman is probably looking at a prolonged holdout. When you consider the Postons and the Chargers who never get their first picks signed on time.

I expect them to come back down to earth somewhat since they won't be sneaking up on anyone this year. I'd agree that it will most likely be the Chiefs and Chargers fighting it out with Denver and Oakland bringing up the rear.