PDA

View Full Version : L&O pipelining 'The Wire' like it used to do 'Oz.'

Baby Lee
05-13-2005, 07:01 AM
After seeing Lt. Daniels on CSI Miami, D'Angelo Barksdale on CSI: NY, Ziggy Sabotka on CSI Orig., and of all things Wee-Bey on ER in the past week, I pondered the 'The Wire' pipeline for guest star bits on the L&O franchise. Seemed like there were a lot of them, kind of like L&O had/has with 'Oz.' Then I marked up the appearances of The Wire regulars on the three L&O franchises in the past year, since they ended taping their HBO season. Pretty impressive.

Tommy Carcetti - TbJ
Lester Freamon - TbJ
Bunk Moreland - Orig.
Lt. Daniels - Orig., SVU, CI, TbJ
Bubbles - Orig., SVU, CI, TbJ
Roland Pryzbylewski - CI, TbJ
Det. Carver - TbJ [series regular]
Sgt. Landsman - TbJ
Omar - SVU, TbJ
Det. Herk - TbJ, CI
Frank Sabotka - Orig, SVU

KingPriest2
05-13-2005, 07:22 AM
You sure do have alot of time on your hands.

Baby Lee
05-13-2005, 07:37 AM
I've just been fascinated with the pipelining phenomenon. It was even more interesting when it was the Oz pipeline, because Vern, Shirley, and Chris Keller were such twisted characters on Oz, and continue to play the side of . . . Law and Order. . . as L&O regulars.
Seems like every person who ever passed through Oz's gates has appeared on the L&O franchise at some point.

Brock
05-13-2005, 08:06 AM
I've noticed ths as well. HBO is apparently a career maker.

Duck Dog
05-13-2005, 08:11 AM
Interesting. 'Cept I have no idea what most of your abbreviations mean.

Swanman
05-13-2005, 08:22 AM
I've just been fascinated with the pipelining phenomenon. It was even more interesting when it was the Oz pipeline, because Vern, Shirley, and Chris Keller were such twisted characters on Oz, and continue to play the side of . . . Law and Order. . . as L&O regulars.
Seems like every person who ever passed through Oz's gates has appeared on the L&O franchise at some point.

Whenever Chris Meloni's character on SVU gets really pissed, he really seems to channel the Keller character.

Last week the woman that played Sister Peter Marie on Oz played a fairly large role in the new SVU episode.

Baby Lee
05-13-2005, 09:32 AM
Interesting. 'Cept I have no idea what most of your abbreviations mean.
They're all Law and Order versions
Orig - Original
SVU - Special Victims Unit
CI - Criminal Intent
TbJ - Trial by Jury

Baby Lee
05-13-2005, 09:34 AM
Oh, and I completely forgot to include Pryzbylweski was the 'born again' murderer on the Original this week.

DaneMcCloud
05-13-2005, 02:01 PM
There's 4 Law & Orders, 3 CSI's and 1 Dane McCloud who isn't interested in any of them.

DaneMcCloud
05-13-2005, 04:58 PM
Right now, I'm on the 23rd floor of the W Hotel in Times Square. Does that count?

Duck Dog
05-13-2005, 05:11 PM
They're all Law and Order versions
Orig - Original
SVU - Special Victims Unit
CI - Criminal Intent
TbJ - Trial by Jury

Ahh..I suppose I shouldn't feel too stupid for not knowing. I do like the original and SVU.

Baby Lee
05-13-2005, 05:12 PM
Good Lord... there's four Law & Orders?
There was a 5th that actually followed real criminal cases from inception, through investigation, prep, trial and verdict.
No acting in that one, more of a documentary.

Baby Lee
05-13-2005, 09:12 PM
And tonight Cutty surfaces on Numbers.

keg in kc
05-14-2005, 12:55 AM
I quit watching L&O a couple of years ago but I have noticed this lately on CSI. It was really bizarre seeing the Lieutenant and Bubbles both on CSI Miami.

Rausch
05-14-2005, 01:09 AM
Odd.

I was thinking about a "Eric Stoltz is the new Kevin Bacon" thread...

Seriously, Stoltz has been in every fuggen thing you can think of...