PDA

View Full Version : Source of finger in Wendy's Chili found?

KCChiefsFan88
05-13-2005, 01:20 PM
Damn I hope they lock this skank up for life.

From AOL news:

Wendy's Finger Traced to Woman in Custody
Police Say Digit Came From Associate of Husband
By GREG SANDOVAL, AP

SAN JOSE, Calif. (May 13) - The finger that a woman said she found in a bowl of Wendy's chili came from an associate of her husband who lost the digit in an industrial accident, police said Friday.

''The jig is up. The puzzle pieces are beginning to fall into place,'' Police Chief Rob Davis said.

The man is from Nevada and lost a part of his finger in an accident last December, Davis said. His identity was traced through a tip made to Wendy's hot line, he said.

He said authorities ''positively confirmed that this subject was in fact the source of the fingertip.''

Anna Ayala, the woman who said she found the finger, was arrested last month at her suburban Las Vegas home.

Ayala said she bit down on a 1 1/2 inch-long finger fragment while dining with her family in March at a San Jose Wendy's.

But authorities had said they believed the story was a hoax.

Ayala's husband, Jaime Plascencia, was arrested earlier this month on a fugitive warrant at the couple's home to face charges unrelated to the Wendy's case. San Jose police had said he used his children's personal information in a fraudulent manner for personal gain, and he was charged with identity theft, fraudulent use of official documents, failure to pay child support and child abandonment.

The man who lost the finger, whose name was not released, had given the finger fragment to Plascencia, Davis said.

A phone call to Ayala's attorney on Friday was not immediately returned.

Wendy's has offered a $100,000 reward and has said it has lost millions in sales since Ayala made the claim. Dozens of employees at the company's Northern California franchises also have been laid off.

''There are victims in this case that have suffered greatly,'' Davis said.

Wendy's had said all the employees at the San Jose store were found to have all their fingers, and no suppliers of Wendy's ingredients have reported any hand or finger injuries

ptlyon
05-13-2005, 01:24 PM
Now I know what I'll do with my unit if I ever have a bad fishing accident.

They'll never check there.

Ultra Peanut
05-13-2005, 01:34 PM
Loose seal!

BIG_DADDY
05-13-2005, 01:36 PM
They would lock her up longer for having a few bags of some of that evil weed in her house that supports so much of the terrorism we deal with these days.

Phobia
05-13-2005, 01:38 PM
The man is from Nevada and lost a part of his finger in an accident last December, Davis said. His identity was traced through a tip made to Wendy's hot line, he said.

Heh heh. "A tip".

Iowanian
05-13-2005, 01:40 PM
Remind me to avoid the Sonic Chili Dog with 6 months following someelse Unit removal.

MOhillbilly
05-13-2005, 01:53 PM
OHHH!!!!!!!!the things that sound like a good idea when youre on crack and meth.

Its like when you were a kid and told your parents the stupidest lies ever told to get off the hot seat only to look back 15-20 years later and think............errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ****it

BIG_DADDY
05-13-2005, 02:11 PM
Her whole family is wacked. She shows up for her fiest day at court smiling like she was the happiest person in world mouthing to her family that she loves them and everything is going to be OK. He family was all dressed up in custom made Anna Ayala's innocent t-shirts. When the camera's finally give them the attention they so desperately crave they one of them puts up his hand to the camera like their privacy was being invaded. Their just freaking wacked, all of them. Her husband should go down on a conspiracy charge as well. She would still be in more trouble for distribution of a controlled substance which is insane considering she cost a company millions, made many people lose their jobs and I don't even want to think about what it ran us to do this investigation.

Hydrae
05-13-2005, 02:15 PM
I just want to know why the guy gave his severed finger to a friend. :eek:

BIG_DADDY
05-13-2005, 02:30 PM

You never know he might have been in on it too. He certainly would have known when all this hit the news.

Eleazar
05-13-2005, 02:31 PM

It doesn't sound like he was very attached to it.

Phobia
05-13-2005, 02:39 PM
Back in the day they used to hang cattle rustlers. I'm pretty sure this bitch needs a noose.

chiefs4me
05-13-2005, 02:50 PM

Because he is surely in on it...

Jenny Gump
05-13-2005, 02:52 PM
Hey, can I borrow your finger?

Iowanian
05-13-2005, 03:22 PM
If you don't keep it in your nose...It'll have to be soaked in cider to keep it fresh.

Phildo....From what I've seen, they'll need one of those really thick ropes, used to lift hay stacks into the mow.

redsurfer11
05-13-2005, 03:23 PM
A contractor I know came into work yesterday with his hand bandaged up. Took off three fingers on a table saw. Said it didn't hurt, just felt a little tug on his hand. Doctors were not able to reattach any of the fingers. Really sucks for him, but I admire his attidude. He went back to work the next day.

bobbything
05-13-2005, 03:25 PM
http://www.movies.westumulka.com/nakedgun/images/1/ring1.jpg

KChiefs1
05-13-2005, 03:27 PM
Don't forget that you can get a "free" frosty at Wendy's this weekend!

Eleazar
06-27-2006, 07:18 PM
My first on my list was from Rain Man for this:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2463749&postcount=12

But that was in 2005, and I have been here since 2003, so I doubt you can go back to the start unless you are a n00b.

unlurking
06-27-2006, 07:55 PM
Damn thread digger!

;)

CHENZ A!
06-27-2006, 10:03 PM
Don't forget that you can get a "free" frosty at Wendy's this weekend!

No way, whats the catch? :hmmm:

listopencil
06-27-2006, 11:27 PM
A
I'm not shedding any tears for Wendy's anytime soon. Jack-in-the-Box is still doing good, and they fuggen KILLED PEOPLE.

No shit. I worked for the Taco Bell Corporation at the time and we all thought they were done after that. A good value menu and a new ad campaign does wonders.

Eleazar
06-28-2006, 06:19 AM
Oh, crap I meant to put that post on the 'first rep' thread and not to bump this one. Whoops.

chagrin
06-28-2006, 06:35 AM
She should move down here to Florida, she'd be an overnight celebrity

Halfcan
06-28-2006, 07:58 AM
This could be the biggest mystery since Hoffa-lol

BagoobaChief
06-28-2006, 07:58 AM
It doesn't sound like he was very attached to it.
That is some good comedy right there... :clap:

Halfcan
06-28-2006, 07:59 AM
Wendy's Chili is finger lickin' good!