PDA

View Full Version : Would you root for the Los Angeles Chiefs?

Taco John
05-14-2005, 02:57 AM
What would happen worse case scenario?

Hammock Parties
05-14-2005, 03:02 AM
Go Cowboys!

splatbass
05-14-2005, 03:37 AM
As I said in another thread, I've been a Chiefs fan for nearly 40 years, and I'll be a Chiefs fan when I die. I wouldn't want them to move, but realistically since I don't live in K.C. it doesn't matter that much where they play. I would be sorry for the people of the K.C. area, but I would still be a fan. I live in a non-NFL city, so any team I root for would be from another city, so it might as well be the Chiefs.

I'm still a Kings fan too....

tk13
05-14-2005, 03:37 AM
I don't know, I think that's a bridge I'll cross if I come to it. Hopefully I don't have to come to it. I'm terrified that Lamar's gonna try to get bills passed for renovations and everybody in KC is going to say "He doesn't need any more money, they aren't going anywhere, they sell out every game at these ridiculous prices!" You can already see a large contingent of that on the board, and these are the actual sports fans. The non-sports fans are going to drill us. Lamar/Clark sees that as disinterest in the team, sees that owners in Philly, D.C., Boston, Dallas, etc. are making 2 and 3 times the profit we're making now, and the chance to move into the #2 market in the country. And poof, just like the Browns, they're gone.

Would add an interesting twist to the Raiders rivalry though...

splatbass
05-14-2005, 03:39 AM
Go Cowboys!

I just lost all respect for you.... :D

Hammock Parties
05-14-2005, 03:44 AM
I just lost all respect for you.... :D

I've been a closet Cowboys fan since they stopped being America's Convicts...

splatbass
05-14-2005, 03:57 AM
I've been a closet Cowboys fan since they stopped being America's Convicts...

They remind me too much of another team.... Raiders

theultimatekcchiefsfan
05-14-2005, 04:00 AM
yes.

Hammock Parties
05-14-2005, 04:02 AM
They remind me too much of another team.... Raiders

Bah...not even.

HemiEd
05-14-2005, 04:02 AM
This is really going to go over big, but honestly I would probably become a Donks fan. I would be too pissed to root for them anymore after 36 years, and I am a Denver native (first 7).

splatbass
05-14-2005, 04:04 AM
This is really going to go over big, but honestly I would probably become a Donks fan. I would be too pissed to root for them anymore after 36 years, and I am a Denver native (first 7).

:cuss: :mad: :mad: :mad:

HemiEd
05-14-2005, 04:15 AM
:cuss: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well you see, I hate the Raiders worse than almost anything in life. Believe it or not I am upset with a lot of shit the Donks have done, but I do not really hate them like the Raiders. If Lamar moved the Chiefs I know I would feel like I just caught my wife cheating on me. Done, over with, after a very long and compassionate relationship.

DaWolf
05-14-2005, 04:29 AM
I have a passion for the Chiefs in large part because they represent my city. If a team doesn't represent my city anymore, then passionwise they just become another team. Like the Sacromento Kings. I like a few different teams in the NBA but have never developed a passion for any of them. If one moves to Kansas City, that's the team I will be pulling for night in and night out.

On the other hand I have so much love invested into the Chiefs that I don't know if I'd totally abandon them. But I would certainly be bitter. Even moreso though at the politicians and itiots who didn't have the foresight to fix the issues that would have kept them around.

And I would NEVER root for anything in St Loser.

So I'd probably still be a Chiefs fan but I have no idea how much of one depending on the circumstances...

CrazyHorse
05-14-2005, 04:39 AM
Hey, if the Denver fans can root for the Browns, then I can still root for the Chiefs.

Ghost
05-14-2005, 05:00 AM
Too bad the Chiefs will always stay in K.C., but the answer is no. There will be an expansion franchise in L.A.; the city needs a fresh new team and a fresh new stadium, not another 'import' franchise which they have enough of, Dodgers, Lakers, etc. L.A. is too 'liberal' anyway for mainstream hit and smash NFL football, they prefer their more girly college teams, of which one is d@mned good.

Fire Me Boy!
05-14-2005, 05:22 AM
Drop the sport entirely out of principle/anger/frustration/etc.

I did that when the Royals traded Brett Saberhagen... decided then and there I would no longer accept the Royals and lost faith in baseball altogther. Literally, haven't watched more than 5 minutes of baseball since.

Ultra Peanut
05-14-2005, 05:27 AM
If the Chiefs became the LA Aztecs or whatever, I'm pretty sure I'd just give up on the NFL. I'd still watch from time to time, but I hate the Rams, Donks, Raiders, and Tits, and don't really care enough about the rest of the league to bother.

I just lost all respect for you.... :DWait, you had respect for GC?

I think that brings the total to... three of us.

NJ Chief Fan
05-14-2005, 05:29 AM
considering i live in pa...i dont care where they play...as long as they never merge with the poops and donks

Hammock Parties
05-14-2005, 05:46 AM
considering i live in pa...i dont care where they play...as long as they never merge with the poops and donks

What if they became the LA Sharks?

Mecca
05-14-2005, 05:51 AM
What if they became the LA Sharks?

Would they were those bitchen unis like the San Jose Sharks?

I'd be mega pissed if they ever moved. I don't think I'd lose total interest in the sport if that happened I'd have to find a new hobby.

CHIEF4EVER
05-14-2005, 05:54 AM
I have been a Chiefs fan since a very early age (still remember SB IV). I bleed Red and Gold. So I suppose the answer is yes, I would still root fanatically for them. It would burn like nobody's business to see them in another town but I would root for them and them only just the same.

teedubya
05-14-2005, 06:15 AM
i would become an Arena league football fan.

teedubya
05-14-2005, 06:16 AM
oh yeah, and I would then piss on Lamar Hunts grave, when the time came.

DeepSouth
05-14-2005, 06:19 AM
I hope the Saints move to LA and the Chiefs move to New Orleans. I'd be able to watch a few games live then.

JOhn
05-14-2005, 06:30 AM
I would absolutely hate it if they moved, but I'm sure I would still root for them.

As long as they didn't change their name so so BS to be politically correct. :Lin:

DaKCMan AP
05-14-2005, 07:44 AM
If the team sold out on its fans, I would probably change my allegiance to the hometown team where I'm living at. That way I could at least go to the games and be part of the "home team" community. Why should I support an organization that sells me out?

Saulbadguy
05-14-2005, 07:48 AM
I'd root for the Chiefs until a new team came to Kansas City. Then i'd have a hard time dropping the Chiefs...but it would have to happen.

keg in kc
05-14-2005, 07:51 AM
No. They're my team because they're here and I'm here. If I left, I think they'd still be my team. But if they leave...f*ck 'em. And if they went to LA...they'd reeealy be dead to me.

Cntrygal
05-14-2005, 07:54 AM
I don't believe L.A. deserves ANY team.

Bowser
05-14-2005, 07:55 AM
Nope.

I'd have to root for an NFC team, but not St. louis. Probablly be a Jaguar fan.

Simplex3
05-14-2005, 07:56 AM
I'm terrified that Lamar's gonna try to get bills passed for renovations and everybody in KC is going to say "He doesn't need any more money, they aren't going anywhere, they sell out every game at these ridiculous prices!" You can already see a large contingent of that on the board, and these are the actual sports fans. The non-sports fans are going to drill us. Lamar/Clark sees that as disinterest in the team, sees that owners in Philly, D.C., Boston, Dallas, etc. are making 2 and 3 times the profit we're making now, and the chance to move into the #2 market in the country. And poof, just like the Browns, they're gone.
It's people like you that pay full price for a house or car. It's called a negotiation, Lamar understands that. He wants you to pay for the whole thing, you SHOULD want him to pay for the whole thing. Then you find that point in the middle where you both agree. How far am I willing to go to keep them in KC? Not very. The only way to get these teams to stop begging at the public coffers is to close the lid. After 3 or 4 of them move and don't see these wonderful increases they're looking for the rest might start to recognize that a fan base has value above tax dollars for a stadium.

Govt. and tax dollars as a business investor has always baffled me. Let's say the little league field down the street wanted to renovate. Would you, as an investor, pay 85% of the bill and expect to never get anything back? Of course not, that's assanine. Yet you expect the govt. to do that with your tax dollars every day. I just don't get it.

And no, I'm not rooting for any team that bails on it's city if that city is still going to the games. Especially if that team has been delivering exactly s**t for decades.

Bwana
05-14-2005, 07:59 AM
Very good question. I don't know what I would do other then hire Rich Scanlon to chew off a few arms of the team management to start with. I wouldn't be pleased.

Bowser
05-14-2005, 08:06 AM
I firmly believe that if the Chiefs move out of Arrowhead, it will be no further than across the state line. Kansas has no professional sports team to throw its money at, so there would be no competition like there is here in Missouri, with KC and St Louis always fighting for the states money to do this that or the other for its teams. Lamar didn't get rich by mistake, and despite how frustrated he must feel with Bi-State II not getting approval, he realizes just how deep the money well is in KC. This city will support an NFL team as long as that team shows any ability to stay competitive. LA just wouldn't be a viable option, imo, because of the lack of caring about the NFL in that city. They had two NFL teams at one time, and pissed them both away. And if the Raiduhs can't make it in LA, why would anybody think that the Chiefs could?

splatbass
05-14-2005, 08:06 AM
It looks like the Planet would pretty much die if they moved. All you guys would have to find something constructive to do with your time instead... :p

Bowser
05-14-2005, 08:08 AM
It looks like the Planet would pretty much die if they moved. All you guys would have to find something constructive to do with your time instead... :p

Easy to say when you're in Honolulu. Bastige.

:D

splatbass
Lamar didn't get rich by mistake

No, he did it the old fashioned way. He inherited it.

keg in kc
It's people like you that pay full price for a house or car. It's called a negotiation, Lamar understands that. He wants you to pay for the whole thing, you SHOULD want him to pay for the whole thing. Then you find that point in the middle where you both agree. How far am I willing to go to keep them in KC? Not very. The only way to get these teams to stop begging at the public coffers is to close the lid. After 3 or 4 of them move and don't see these wonderful increases they're looking for the rest might start to recognize that a fan base has value above tax dollars for a stadium.

Govt. and tax dollars as a business investor has always baffled me. Let's say the little league field down the street wanted to renovate. Would you, as an investor, pay 85% of the bill and expect to never get anything back? Of course not, that's assanine. Yet you expect the govt. to do that with your tax dollars every day. I just don't get it.

And no, I'm not rooting for any team that bails on it's city if that city is still going to the games. Especially if that team has been delivering exactly s**t for decades.The upkeep and renovation of the stadium, per the terms of the lease, is the responsibility of the Jackson County Sports Authority, not the Chiefs. They (the sports authority) are on the verge of defaulting on the lease agreement because they've been failing to meet the terms of said lease for years. That's what this is really about, not the Chiefs asking for a handout. They're only asking for what they're supposed to be getting.

In the end, if the Chiefs leave, it's not because they're greedy, it's not because LA is a greener pasture, it's because Jackson County screwed up and couldn't take care of their facility. And all of us who live in the greater Kansas City area will suffer for it, because the repercussions of losing the Chiefs would be devastating, from a loss of jobs, to a loss of tax revenue, to a loss of national exposure. There's a prestige that goes with having major league franchises that can't be duplicated any other way.

splatbass
05-14-2005, 08:10 AM
Easy to say when you're in Honolulu. Bastige.

:D

:)

Simplex3
05-14-2005, 08:16 AM
In the end, if the Chiefs leave, it's not because they're greedy, it's not because LA is a greener pasture, it's because Jackson County screwed up and couldn't take care of their facility.
Agreed. At no point should Jackson County or KCMO be trusted with more than $0.02.

And all of us who live in the greater Kansas City area will suffer for it, because the repercussions of losing the Chiefs would be devastating, from a loss of jobs, to a loss of tax revenue, to a loss of national exposure. There's a prestige that goes with having major league franchises that can't be duplicated any other way.
I've read lots of research over the last several years that says otherwise. The general premise is that people will spend $x on entertainment, regardless of what it is. Besides, how many people other than parking attendants and beer vendors do you think the Chiefs employ locally?

Would you lose the tax revenues? Only if you think Joe & Bob won't spend their $70 elsewhere. Even if they don't you also lose the expense of keeping that stadium up & renovating it.

PastorMikH
05-14-2005, 08:17 AM
That's the one thing that would cause me to quit rooting for the Chiefs. Not sure who I'd start rooting for or even how much I'd stay interested in the NFL since my interest is primarily the Chiefs.

I'd probably end up rooting for the new expansion team that moved to KC. I think Lamar would be an idiot to leave a city that packs the stadium out and if KC were left without a team, some owner someplace would be licking their chops to move to KC.

PastorMikH
05-14-2005, 08:20 AM
Why is it that the city/county/state, has to provide the stadium? Why can't the team build and upkeep their own stadiums? And before someone throws in the cost of such things, let's remember what the players get paid. There's $ there - and if the city/county/state isn't getting their cut, theres more $ going back to the team.

Simplex3
05-14-2005, 08:28 AM
Why is it that the city/county/state, has to provide the stadium? Why can't the team build and upkeep their own stadiums? And before someone throws in the cost of such things, let's remember what the players get paid. There's $ there - and if the city/county/state isn't getting their cut, theres more $ going back to the team.
More and more owners are figuring this out. Seattle and NE come to mind. Build your own house, then do what you want, when you want.

The only reason to do it any other way is so you can pack light and make threats about leaving.

Also, I just can't understand WANTING to get involved with the govt. on anything. :shrug:

ROYC75
05-14-2005, 08:29 AM
I might root for them..... might. Rest assure, I would never pay $$$ to go see them in LA if they moved.

KC is home and always will be, F*ck L .A.

On a side note Taco Tico, would you root for the Donks if they moved to LA ?

Nightfyre
05-14-2005, 08:46 AM
I would jump off the boat. Then I would hold off on fanatacism until I moved to a city with a team.

keg in kc
05-14-2005, 08:46 AM
I've read lots of research over the last several years that says otherwise. The general premise is that people will spend $x on entertainment, regardless of what it is. Besides, how many people other than parking attendants and beer vendors do you think the Chiefs employ locally?

Would you lose the tax revenues? Only if you think Joe & Bob won't spend their $70 elsewhere. Even if they don't you also lose the expense of keeping that stadium up & renovating it.I'm thinking big picture here. And going with the theme of the thread that they go out of town rather than just move across the state line. It's sad to say, in a way, but Arrowhead isn't about Joe and Bob, it's about the businesses and wealthy individuals on the club level (a few Joe's and Bob's in there, too). Losing the Chiefs would be losing one more thing that attracts those individuals and companies. There's a lot of schmooze that goes on at Arrowhead.

We need things here that make us attractive to people with money. It's as simple as that. Obviously there's a lot more to that than just Arrowhead and the Chiefs, but I think it's fair to say that they're an element of the personality and attraction of Kansas City as a whole.

Simplex3
05-14-2005, 09:02 AM
There's a lot of schmooze that goes on at Arrowhead.

We need things here that make us attractive to people with money. It's as simple as that. Obviously there's a lot more to that than just Arrowhead and the Chiefs, but I think it's fair to say that they're an element of the personality and attraction of Kansas City as a whole.
Arrowhead only opens 8 times a year. You want to support business schmoozing open more exclusive golf clubs.

WilliamTheIrish
05-14-2005, 09:25 AM
NO. HELL NO.

Iowanian
05-14-2005, 09:30 AM
No. Hell No......Avoid areas near High Public Towers, and the vicinity of those who moved the team.

I'd find another team, maybe a really shitty team that no one else rooted for............

gblowfish
05-14-2005, 09:36 AM
Ask folks in Cleveland how many of you are Raven's fans?

NJ Chief Fan
05-14-2005, 09:37 AM
just out of curiosity, how old is arrowhead?

JOhn
05-14-2005, 09:42 AM
just out of curiosity, how old is arrowhead?
Opened in 72 I think :hmmm:

HemiEd
05-14-2005, 09:53 AM
Nope.

I'd have to root for an NFC team, but not St. louis. Probablly be a Jaguar fan.

Umm, the Jags are AFC. :)

whoman69
05-14-2005, 09:57 AM
I would have to say no. For one thing, if they moved to LA we would never get the games here anymore. 2nd they have more than just local ties, but regional ties. I used to root for the Cardinals when the Chiefs decided they were not going to win anymore in the mid 70s. Guess the bandwagon is pretty easy to get on when you're 12. They are just a memory now that they are in Arizona. Iowa used to have a successful Arena team. I can't even tell you where the franchise moved to, maybe New York, but I don't root for them anymore.

splatbass
05-14-2005, 10:01 AM
Lamar didn't get rich by mistake

I apologize for quoting this twice, but I ran across this quote form Lamar Hunt's father, H.L. Hunt. It is pretty funny, and kind of relevent to this thread because it illustrates just how rich Lamar is:

[Lamar] Hunt may not have looked it, but he had a lot of money. His father, the legendary H.L. Hunt, had a fortune estimated at $600 million, which may not seem all that impressive in today's era of billionaires but made him one of the nation's richest men at the time.

It was the elder Hunt who came up with the best-remembered quote from the AFL era. After his son reportedly lost $1 million in his first season, H.L. was asked how long Lamar could keep doing that. According to various reports, he said Lamar would go broke in about 150 years if he kept it up.

:)

Bowser
05-14-2005, 10:02 AM
Umm, the Jags are AFC. :)

Yeah I know. I threw that in there almost as an afterthought.

HemiEd
05-14-2005, 10:05 AM
Yeah I know. I threw that in there almost as an afterthought.

I figured that but just could not let it pass. ROFL Have a great week-end, I gotta get busy!

Bowser
05-14-2005, 10:06 AM
I figured that put just could not let it pass. ROFL Have a great week-end, I gotta get busy!

Later!

Wrasse
05-14-2005, 10:19 AM
No.

I'd become a much bigger hockey fan.

** is from KC and always roots for the home team **

shaneo69
05-14-2005, 10:21 AM
I'd go buy a Rams hat the second the Chiefs vacated Arrowhead. Then I'd be on a Rams BB calling for Martz' head.

HolyHandgernade
05-14-2005, 10:27 AM
I moved from Overland Park to Southern California about 10 years ago. If the Chiefs relocated and kept their logo and colors and such, I would definitely root for them and go see them. If they changed their identity, I would probably still root for them because I'm familiar with the players and staff, but after that core began to dissipate, I suppose it would depend on how competitive they stayed. I hope they don't leave KC because I think it is a great identity for them and means so much to the city. I don't think they would enjoy the level of passion out here as they do there. So, my answer is yes, but I hope they stay in KC.

-HH

cdcox
05-14-2005, 10:37 AM
The Kings were dead to me after they left Kansas City. When they stunk for so many years after moving, it gave me deep pleasure.

But my love for the Chiefs is worked deep into my being. I haven't lived in KC for over 18 years. But I still feel a strong connection to the city because of growing up there and my family connections. The Chiefs are the most identifiable symbol of the city I love. Without the KC arrowhead on the helmet though, I know much of the love would be gone. I'm not sure how I would respond till it happened, but I have a feeling that I would hate them.

ChiefFripp
05-14-2005, 12:22 PM
I would root for them until the main guys now are gone.

Brock
05-14-2005, 12:25 PM
The NFL wouldn't get another dime from me.

Ebolapox
05-14-2005, 12:41 PM
The upkeep and renovation of the stadium, per the terms of the lease, is the responsibility of the Jackson County Sports Authority, not the Chiefs. They (the sports authority) are on the verge of defaulting on the lease agreement because they've been failing to meet the terms of said lease for years. That's what this is really about, not the Chiefs asking for a handout. They're only asking for what they're supposed to be getting.

In the end, if the Chiefs leave, it's not because they're greedy, it's not because LA is a greener pasture, it's because Jackson County screwed up and couldn't take care of their facility. And all of us who live in the greater Kansas City area will suffer for it, because the repercussions of losing the Chiefs would be devastating, from a loss of jobs, to a loss of tax revenue, to a loss of national exposure. There's a prestige that goes with having major league franchises that can't be duplicated any other way.

I couldn't put it any more succinctly than you did, so I'll rep you up

-EB-

htismaqe
05-14-2005, 01:30 PM
I'd go buy a Rams hat the second the Chiefs vacated Arrowhead. Then I'd be on a Rams BB calling for Martz' head.

ROFL

Classic!

:thumb:

PastorMikH
05-14-2005, 01:51 PM
I hope the Chiefs never move, but if they were to move, I would prefer that the City retain the name so that it would be available to whatever team moves to town.

chiefs4me
05-14-2005, 02:10 PM
If they moved to La they wouldn't be the KC Chiefs....the team I grew up with, loved, stood by thru all the losses.....so I probably wouldn't cheer for them anymore...I like the Texans now so I would root for them until KC gets a team..this is if they moved to LA

tk13
05-14-2005, 02:21 PM

And no, I'm not rooting for any team that bails on it's city if that city is still going to the games. Especially if that team has been delivering exactly s**t for decades.

I know what a negotiation is, and I'm not the type of person who'd pay full price for something, enough of that baseless pointless personal insult hogwash. I fully realize that you and many others don't want to go very far to help the Chiefs, and I completely understand that, which is the basis for my comments. I don't think it's completely absurd to ask for help with renovations because the Chiefs do not own Arrowhead. I would bet if you had a lease with something, you wouldn't just fork over money for renovations to some place you do not own, especially if there were specifics in the lease promising others would pay to upgrade the facility you live in. I'd guarantee you that you would not lay down and die for them.

I also don't understand this sense of entitlement that the Chiefs owe you everything and you owe them nothing. If you don't give them a penny, that's fine, you don't owe them anything (which you don't really, I agree), but if they leave, they're "bailing" on you, you act as if they owe it to you to be in Kansas City. It is not completely fair, they have you by the balls for sure, but that's how it is. If I'm a business owner and you tell me that you owe me nothing and it's my "business" and it's my job to take care of this stuff, then you've forfeited the right to have any say in what I do with my business, and it is in my best interest to look at where my business is going to be the most successful, regardless of where that might be. Is that necessarily fair? Maybe not, but most people didn't become good businessmen by being "fair" or "nice".

Katipan
05-14-2005, 02:46 PM
It would be the hottest cheerleading squad in the NFL.

Focus on the big picture.

BIG_DADDY
05-14-2005, 03:19 PM
I would make it to a lot more games I'll tell you that much. I would never want to see this happen even though it personally benefits me. Chiefs fans are the best in all of professional sports, it would break my heart to see you guys lose that team.

splatbass
05-14-2005, 10:53 PM
I hope the Chiefs never move, but if they were to move, I would prefer that the City retain the name so that it would be available to whatever team moves to town.

You are assuming that the NFL would automatically expand to let another team into K.C., or that a team from another city would be willing to move there. I don't think that is a given. How many years did it take for Baltimore to get a new team? There is a chance that if the Chiefs move there just won't be football in K.C. anymore.

KChiefsQT
05-14-2005, 11:06 PM
Would love if the chiefs moved to LA....only 600 miles away then...hell I could drive instead of fly to see a game!!!

Rausch
05-14-2005, 11:32 PM
I'd be a Steelers fan, then probably follow the Texans and Bears pretty close...

J Diddy
05-15-2005, 03:29 AM
I'd rather "root" for me screwing a chiefs cheerleader and then dealing with whatever VD I got.

If they move, they can go to hell.

htismaqe
05-15-2005, 05:11 AM
You are assuming that the NFL would automatically expand to let another team into K.C., or that a team from another city would be willing to move there. I don't think that is a given. How many years did it take for Baltimore to get a new team? There is a chance that if the Chiefs move there just won't be football in K.C. anymore.

I'll go one step further.

The NFL WILL NOT expand. They've already said so.

idontwantgrobback
05-15-2005, 06:44 PM
I would wait until a new team came here(which would happen pretty quickly) Until then probably just become a packers fan or something

Logical
05-15-2005, 06:46 PM
I think I would be getting season tickets. Only 1.5 hours of driving. Yeah baby.

BIG_DADDY
05-15-2005, 08:24 PM
I think I would be getting season tickets. Only 1.5 hours of driving. Yeah baby.

I probably would too. IT will never happen though and it shouldn't.

Goodys
05-15-2005, 08:43 PM
AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! :banghead:

TEX
05-15-2005, 09:41 PM
If the CHIEFS were to move, I'd lose interest in football and probably support the TEXANS if they were winning.

Logical
05-15-2005, 09:42 PM
I probably would too. IT will never happen though and it shouldn't.Agreed

PastorMikH
05-15-2005, 09:44 PM

I think that with the fan base and fan support, someone will look KC's way. How many teams have had as many consecutive sellouts as KC? I'd also say right now it would be more likely to be a team from another city.

Skip Towne
05-15-2005, 09:49 PM
I think that with the fan base and fan support, someone will look KC's way. How many teams have had as many consecutive sellouts as KC? I'd also say right now it would be more likely to be a team from another city.
I think only Washington has as many consecutive sellouts as the Chiefs. Yeah, we might be able to attract a current franchise to move here. How does the Kansas City Lions sound to you?

Logical
05-15-2005, 09:52 PM
I think only Washington has as many consecutive sellouts as the Chiefs. Yeah, we might be able to attract a current franchise to move here. How does the Kansas City Lions sound to you?
I believe Green Bay, Dallas and Denver do as well. Denver I believe, like Washington has had sellouts since the 70s.

I think Countrygal should weigh in here as well, I think Buffalo may have quite a streak as well but I am not sure.

BIG_DADDY
05-15-2005, 09:53 PM
Agreed

That's like going from the best fans in all of professional sports to people who show up just before half time and leave after the 3rd quarter. Just ain't right.

Nzoner
05-15-2005, 10:00 PM
If they move, they can go to hell.

My thinking as well.It sickens me to even think of the possibility as I can't even begin to count the number of things I have with the KC logo on it.

PastorMikH
05-15-2005, 10:01 PM

A lot better than the LA Chiefs.

BIG_DADDY
05-15-2005, 10:04 PM
A lot better than the LA Chiefs.

ROFL

Prince22
05-15-2005, 10:11 PM
I'm not from K.C. nor have I ever been there. So geographicly it would'nt faze me. But I'm big on tradition and I would be extremely pissed if the Chiefs ever moved. But in answer to your question, yes, who else am I gonna root for?

PastorMikH
05-15-2005, 10:12 PM
All this talk about "would you root for" bit has me wondering. Granted I feel dirty for just putting this up, but if the Donkeys were to move to KC, would anyone cheer for them?

RNR
05-15-2005, 10:12 PM
All this talk about "would you root for" bit has me wondering. Granted I feel dirty for just putting this up, but if the Donkeys were to move to KC, would anyone cheer for them?
Only if they won

stevieray
05-15-2005, 10:15 PM

NOT. I'd stop watching football.

KCWolfman
05-15-2005, 10:17 PM
I believe Green Bay, Dallas and Denver do as well. Denver I believe, like Washington has had sellouts since the 70s.

I think Countrygal should weigh in here as well, I think Buffalo may have quite a streak as well but I am not sure.
Nope, only the Redskins beat us out for consecutive sellout streaks. And no one is touching that one.

It started in 1968 and is still alive today. We are mere pups at 1991 and forward. But we are still second best in the league.

Prince22
05-15-2005, 10:59 PM

NO........HELL NO

Iowanian
05-15-2005, 11:04 PM
I'd just like to reitterate that my answer is Hell Effin NO.

MOve the Chiefs to Cali, and I'll pray for the Big Quake.

Rausch
05-15-2005, 11:07 PM
I'd just like to reitterate that my answer is Hell Effin NO.

MOve the Chiefs to Cali, and I'll pray for the Big Quake.

I just wish the KC/MO area had enough testes to sue for the CHIEFS name if the team left...

Logical
05-16-2005, 01:00 AM
=KCWolfman]Nope, only the Redskins beat us out for consecutive sellout streaks. And no one is touching that one.

It started in 1968 and is still alive today. We are mere pups at 1991 and forward. But we are still second best in the league.

Unless something happened last year I am pretty sure you are wrong. From NFL.com

Four teams have sellout streaks of over 200 games going into the 2003 season: The Redskins (265), Broncos (253), Pittsburgh (223) and Packers (213) hold those streaks. When you realize that each season means only eight regular-season home games, that's an amazing feat.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/6610916