PDA

View Full Version : Royals Looking To Take The Series!!!

petegz28
05-15-2005, 02:13 PM
Yes that's right!

4-1 top of the 8th Macdougal on the mound.

petegz28
05-15-2005, 02:23 PM
And in comes Burgos in the top of the 9th with a 3-run lead.

petegz28
05-15-2005, 02:34 PM
After getting the first 2 batters out Burgos has back-back walks and the tieing run is at the plate with a 2-0 count.

petegz28
05-15-2005, 02:36 PM
And after swingin at strike 3 in the dirt the ball gets away from the catcher bases loaded 2 out Burgos is getting pulled.

petegz28
05-15-2005, 02:39 PM
4-3 runners 1st-3rd 2 out Wood gave up a long single after Burgos loaded the bases.

Eleazar
05-15-2005, 02:40 PM
Wood bails him out, good series :thumb:

SCTrojan
05-15-2005, 02:41 PM
It's never easy, but at least we got the win and the series. Day off tomorrow to enjoy the win will be good. Maybe we'll have Sweeney available for the other six games in the homestand.

petegz28
And....the Royals WIN!!! The Royals have actually won a series!!!!!

VonneMarie
Another one run game won! :thumb:

Eleazar
05-15-2005, 02:42 PM
And....the Royals WIN!!! The Royals have actually won a series!!!!!

We took one from the Indians too.

petegz28
05-15-2005, 02:42 PM
I think Burgos is close but still needs more time in AAA ball. He seems to choke once he is at the point of closing out the game.

petegz28
05-15-2005, 02:43 PM
We took one from the Indians too.

So 1 from the Angels and Indians and now Devil rays. It's been so long sinec we have won one.

SCTrojan
05-15-2005, 02:45 PM
Great series. I'd like to hope that we are coming around just in time for the Cardinals to come to town.

Simplex3
05-15-2005, 03:13 PM
So this interim mgr is what 3 and 2? 4 and 2 if you count the game Pena got yanked in the first? Maybe they should slow down that manager search for a while and see what this guy can do.

ChiefsCountry
05-15-2005, 03:24 PM
As along as we sweep the bastard Cardinals, I will be happy.

VonneMarie
05-15-2005, 03:27 PM
As along as we sweep the bastard Cardinals, I will be happy.
Prolly not a sweep, but a series win is would be nice.

big nasty kcnut
05-15-2005, 03:36 PM
Go royals keep it rolling.

KChiefs1
05-15-2005, 03:38 PM
I think you have to keep Schaeffer as the manager if they keep playing like this...

Messier
05-15-2005, 04:00 PM
It was the Devil Rays. Wake Up.

Thig Lyfe
05-15-2005, 04:58 PM
Don't we have an ungodly long sweepless streak?

4th and Long
05-15-2005, 05:02 PM
No shit. Remeber, the team we are talking about here has lost 19 out of their last 24. Pathetic.

VonneMarie
05-15-2005, 05:11 PM
We don't give a f#ck. It's a win, damnit.

4th and Long
05-15-2005, 05:16 PM
We don't give a f#ck. It's a win, damnit.
No one gives a f*ck. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Of all the people on this board that wear the rose color glasses where the Royals are concerned, you are the Queen. Consider yourself ROYALty. I'd bow to you but my back hurts.

tk13
05-15-2005, 05:29 PM
I could give a crap if it was the Leavenworth correctional all-stars, it's a win...

VonneMarie
05-15-2005, 05:31 PM
I could give a crap if it was the Leavenworth correctional all-stars, it's a win...
ROFL That's right.

Thig Lyfe
05-15-2005, 05:36 PM
No one gives a f*ck. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Hey, that's catching on quick! In fact, it's the new team slogan!

Sure-Oz
05-15-2005, 05:41 PM
www.yahoo.com
Kansas City 4, Tampa Bay 3
By DOUG TUCKER, AP Sports Writer
May 15, 2005

AP - May 15, 5:31 pm EDT
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- If Zack Greinke were throwing chairs and kicking over tables, could anyone blame him?

The hard-luck right-hander has thrown well almost every time out, but is still winless despite a quality ERA of 3.09.

In nine starts this season -- including Sunday when Kansas City rallied for a 4-3 victory over Tampa Bay -- his teammates have scored only four runs during the 47 1-3 innings he's been in the game.

Greinke came into Sunday's start with a run support of 0.68, worst in the majors, and left in the seventh with a frustrating 1-1 tie.

F*CKING PATHETIC on that stat!

I had free box tickets and went, was a fun game, called Berroa's HR since its an automatic that when we get picked off that the next hitter gets a hit, i said watch here comes a HR from berroa. it was funny. A pathetic 12,000 showed up, got a free growth poster even tho i wasnt 14, but they were trying to give them away cause they had too many and some beads, also got a coupon for free hot dog and pepsi cause i ahd to run back to the car and put my gatorade back. It was a good time though.

Tried to find Pena, but couldnt hmm...
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/8039/dugout.jpg
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/8039/grienke.jpg
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/8039/berroa.jpg
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/8039/dejesus.jpg
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/8039/sluggerhd.jpg
Best ballpark imo.
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/8039/fountains.jpg

VonneMarie
05-15-2005, 05:42 PM
I coined it, so, I get all royalties. :)

Sure-Oz
05-15-2005, 05:48 PM
I coined it, so, I get all royalties. :)
You might be able to buy a hot dog with that at the game.

tk13
05-15-2005, 05:55 PM
They just said on ESPN that Berroa's inside the park homer was the 88th in team history. I knew it'd be a high number but I didn't think it would be quite that many. I wonder how that stacks up against other franchises.

siberian khatru
05-15-2005, 06:15 PM
They just said on ESPN that Berroa's inside the park homer was the 88th in team history. I knew it'd be a high number but I didn't think it would be quite that many. I wonder how that stacks up against other franchises.

Willie Wilson had 70 of them. ;)

4th and Long
05-15-2005, 06:43 PM
Our Mascot is just plain awful!

And how could they call Berroa's score a clean inside the park home run? It happened on an error by the center fielder! It's extra bases on an error!

4th and Long
05-15-2005, 06:44 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=41828&stc=1
Oh yeah ... thats rep! ROFL

Deberg_1990
05-15-2005, 06:46 PM
Willie Wilson had 70 of them. ;)

Yeah, they used to have a ton of them back in the "Glory Years" 76-85. Kauffman Stadium's spacious dimensions and the high bouceability factor of the turf aided greatly to this phenomenon.

VonneMarie
05-15-2005, 06:58 PM
Our Mascot is just plain awful!

And how could they call Berroa's score a clean inside the park home run? It happened on an error by the center fielder! It's extra bases on an error!
As long as he scored... who gives a f#ck? :)

4th and Long
05-15-2005, 07:00 PM
As long as he scored... who gives a f#ck? :)
ROFL

You need to put that above your avatar. "who gives a f#ck?" :D

VonneMarie
05-15-2005, 07:04 PM
ROFL

You need to put that above your avatar. "who gives a f#ck?" :D
ROFL

BTW, it wasn't an error.

4th and Long
05-15-2005, 07:08 PM
ROFL

BTW, it wasn't an error.
Catching the ball, then hitting the wall and dropping the ball IS an error. I don't give a crap how the "officials" scored it. But hey, as long as he scored, ... who gives a f#ck, ... right? :)

VonneMarie
05-15-2005, 07:13 PM
Catching the ball, then hitting the wall and dropping the ball IS an error. I don't give a crap how the "officials" scored it. But hey, as long as he scored, ... who gives a f#ck, ... right? :)
Exactly. They scored it an inside-the-parker and he scored.

Game over... who gives a f#ck?

4th and Long
05-15-2005, 07:14 PM
Your avatar is now a classic. ROFL

VonneMarie
05-15-2005, 07:18 PM
Your avatar is now a classic. ROFL
Really? Who gives a f#ck? ROFL

4th and Long
05-15-2005, 07:21 PM
Really? Who gives a f#ck? ROFL
Alright already! I give! Uncle!

VonneMarie
05-15-2005, 07:25 PM
That was a good series win. Now let's get some more! :clap:

Sure-Oz
05-15-2005, 07:36 PM
I am ready for some more W's, Zach should have 4 wins by now, so sad.

tk13
05-15-2005, 07:46 PM
One other positive sign, after some of the ugly fundamental play in the first month of the season... so far in May, we've played 14 games. We have had 0 errors in 12 of those 14 games. Three errors total, 2 of those by Mark Teahen, and 1 by Alberto Castillo.

Since Schaefer took over, we've played 5 games and are 3-2, with the two losses being leads/ties that Burgos blew in the 8th and 9th innings. In those five games we have scored 28 runs (5.6 runs/game). If you go back to May 1st and look at Tony Pena's last nine games as manager, we scored 29 runs in those 9 games, and 10 of those 29 runs were in a single game.

This has been positive things to be happy about if you're a Royals fan during this rough season, brought to you by tk13, and your friends at Jennifer Wilbanks' Bridal Shop... Wilbanks Bridal Shop, our prices are so good, you'll want to run away!

WilliamTheIrish
05-15-2005, 08:38 PM
Yeah, they used to have a ton of them back in the "Glory Years" 76-85. Kauffman Stadium's spacious dimensions and the high bouceability factor of the turf aided greatly to this phenomenon.

The spacious dimensions helped, but I'll tell you what aided those more than turf.

The rounded corners of that ballpark. Brett, Mac, AO would hit bullets down the line and while the corner OF's waited for the bounce, the ball would hug the underside of the wall and roll, and roll, and roll toward CF. Or they'd play the roll, only to see the ball stick in the corner or bounce back toward the infield.
Sparky Anderson was a smart guy. He took his RF (at the time it was Steve Kemp) out into the corner and he hit him a bout 20 balls off that wall until Kemp learned some of the tricks. Sparky took him out there before every game of a series. I was there for BP every day and we gave Kemp so much shit about it that he wadded up his chew and threw it at us in the RF bleachers. (Great times) I once was with some guys who pissed Angels pitcher Bill Singer off sooo bad that he wadded up his gum and hit a guy in the head with it.

Kemp was a crummy fielder but Sparky drug his ass out there to learn it anyway. He'd seen enough of that shiot in his tenure.

siberian khatru
05-15-2005, 09:12 PM
The spacious dimensions helped, but I'll tell you what aided those more than turf.

The rounded corners of that ballpark. Brett, Mac, AO would hit bullets down the line and while the corner OF's waited for the bounce, the ball would hug the underside of the wall and roll, and roll, and roll toward CF. Or they'd play the roll, only to see the ball stick in the corner or bounce back toward the infield.
Sparky Anderson was a smart guy. He took his RF (at the time it was Steve Kemp) out into the corner and he hit him a bout 20 balls off that wall until Kemp learned some of the tricks. Sparky took him out there before every game of a series. I was there for BP every day and we gave Kemp so much shit about it that he wadded up his chew and threw it at us in the RF bleachers. (Great times) I once was with some guys who pissed Angels pitcher Bill Singer off sooo bad that he wadded up his gum and hit a guy in the head with it.

Kemp was a crummy fielder but Sparky drug his ass out there to learn it anyway. He'd seen enough of that shiot in his tenure.

Then there was the time the Red Sox foolishly played an old Yaz in LF, either 79 or 80, and he misplayed a Wilson blooper that bounced on the turf over his head and rolled to the wall. I think that old fart was still chasing after the ball when Willie was flying around third headed home.

WilliamTheIrish
05-15-2005, 09:33 PM
Then there was the time the Red Sox foolishly played an old Yaz in LF, either 79 or 80, and he misplayed a Wilson blooper that bounced on the turf over his head and rolled to the wall. I think that old fart was still chasing after the ball when Willie was flying around third headed home.

Which time? ROFL

In 76, the Sox came to town after the All Star break to play a 5 game series.(4 games plus a make-up for a rain out) It didn't matter who the Sox put out there. They were in slow motion.

Royals swept 5 and the Sox fired Darrel Johnson. The Royals hit and ran so much in that series it looked like friggin merry go round out there on the bases.

Eleazar
05-15-2005, 09:36 PM
Which time? ROFL

In 76, the Sox came to town after the All Star break to play a 5 game series.(4 games plus a make-up for a rain out) It didn't matter who the Sox put out there. They were in slow motion.

Royals swept 5 and the Sox fired Darrel Johnson. The Royals hit and ran so much in that series it looked like friggin merry go round out there on the bases.

ROFL I wish I could have seen that, makes me wish there were some glory days I could refer to..

beavis
05-15-2005, 10:35 PM
Since Schaefer took over, we've played 5 games and are 3-2, with the two losses being leads/ties that Burgos blew in the 8th and 9th innings. In those five games we have scored 28 runs (5.6 runs/game). If you go back to May 1st and look at Tony Pena's last nine games as manager, we scored 29 runs in those 9 games, and 10 of those 29 runs were in a single game.

I know it's early, but if this trend continues, I'll officially attribute about half of those one run losses to Pena.

You are a fountain of baseball geek knowledge tk, you remind me a lot of Petro in that regard.

tk13
05-15-2005, 10:40 PM
I know it's early, but if this trend continues, I'll officially attribute about half of those one run losses to Pena.

You are a fountain of baseball geek knowledge tk, you remind me a lot of Petro in that regard.
Haha, I just look at the "season schedule/results" and do the math real quick. I'm good at quick math I guess, nothing special. :)

beavis
05-15-2005, 10:44 PM
Haha, I just look at the "season schedule/results" and do the math real quick. I'm good at quick math I guess, nothing special. :)
You always find the angles though...

So who's your pick for the new skip? I keep hearing Art Howe thrown around. I guess Glass(jr.) said the other day that he wants someone with experience, so I guess that pretty much eliminates Frank White.

tk13
05-15-2005, 10:48 PM
I have no idea who's going to get it. None. I think the media has done an effective enough job of throwing EVERY single name out there into the mix so you can't tell who is in and who is out....

beavis
05-15-2005, 10:52 PM
I have no idea who's going to get it. None. I think the media has done an effective enough job of throwing EVERY single name out there into the mix so you can't tell who is in and who is out....
Heh, yeah, I'm sure I've heard at least 10 different names. I know I definately do NOT want Bowa. If for no other reason than making Kietzman look like even more of an ass.

There isn't a name that I'm really drawn to either. It was Rob or Rany that threw out Larry Dierker. That's the only one that's really even come close to drawing my interest.

tk13
05-15-2005, 11:00 PM
I don't know if I like Bowa either really, his teams always underachieved. I guess we'll wait and see. I haven't read what Rob and Rany have had to say yet, I guess I should go do that.

Eleazar
05-15-2005, 11:22 PM
If Schaefer gets this team to play .500 over the space of a month or so we ought to make him president.

WilliamTheIrish
05-16-2005, 08:21 AM
If Schaefer gets this team to play .500 over the space of a month or so we ought to make him president.

Agreed.

Ol Bob has earned a shot at managing. Give him this club for the remainder and see if we sink or swim.