PDA

View Full Version : Pissed OFF at the CHIEFS ticket office

KcFanNindy
05-16-2005, 08:29 AM
SO MUCH FOR THE SEAT UPGRADE PROGRAM!!!!!

In Pairs, other than that they could be separate. Tickets could be in ANY section but MOST likely in corners and endzones. 123-132 or 106-112.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 8:56 AM
To: Day, Teri
Subject: Re: new CHIEFS Promotion

can you be more elaborate on the sections, and are all the people seated together or are they seperated?

----- Original Message -----

To: Jim Donovan

Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 8:37 AM

Subject: RE: new CHIEFS Promotion

The tickets would be in pairs in the lower level corners or endzones.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2005 12:07 AM
To: Day, Teri
Subject: new CHIEFS Promotion

If one was to purchase this package deal, where would the seats be located if a group of fifty people was to choose lower level seating. Can you please explain on this.

Saulbadguy
05-16-2005, 08:30 AM
This surprises you?

nmt1
05-16-2005, 08:31 AM
I think you should write a letter.

teedubya
05-16-2005, 09:38 AM
heh. last year during the first preseason game, I was sitting upper level near the top of the nosebleeds.

And these two guys arrive for the first time to see their season tickets...

heh.

One was on one side of this HUGE pillar the other seat was on the OTHER side of the HUGE pillar. It was hilarious that King Carl would sell those two tickets as a pair of season tickets.

Anyway, i thought it was funny how they kept bitching about being OWNED by Carl. Good times.

Dartgod
05-16-2005, 10:11 AM
You're pissed because you can't get 50 people all in the same area in the lower level? I don't get it. :spock:

KCTitus
05-16-2005, 10:15 AM
You have GOT to be kidding me? You cant get 50 seats together in the lower level? That's a lot of 'real' fans to piss off, Carl.

|Zach|
05-16-2005, 10:23 AM
Amazing...

Mr. Kotter
05-16-2005, 11:52 AM
The thing that is irritating to me, although I understand it...no REAL upgrades for season ticket holders who've been on board for 5 or more years.....HOWEVER,

if one were to "join the Pavillion" suddenly you can have seats in the lower level on the side....in other words, if you can afford the "country club"....we'll find good seats for you. Like I said, I understand; it just sucks. :banghead:

jspchief
05-16-2005, 12:05 PM
You're pissed because you can't get 50 people all in the same area in the lower level? I don't get it. :spock:I think his beef is more that he can't upgrade to those seats as a season ticket holder, but can get them through a one time company package purchase.

I see where he's coming from, but at the same time, I like the idea that businesses have an opportunity to get tickets for people that normally wouldn't be able to go to games. I think there should be a limited number of seats always available to non-season ticket holders.

StcChief
05-16-2005, 12:17 PM
Most of the folks down by me have been season ticket holder over 10-15 years or were inherited from family. Most did not go thru the upgrade process. Some go them in the glorious late 80s. of empty seats.

These seats in to lower level not endzone or corners do not get to be upgraded for the most part, since everyone keeps them.

Guys a few rows down PSLed his for $5K pair.

Multiple seats together dream on.

|Zach|
05-16-2005, 12:24 PM
My dad is getting older...I think the ol family seats could be moving to Club Level this year. I think he may have said something about 4 total seats 2 pairs that were seperate.

teedubya
05-16-2005, 12:39 PM
My dad is getting older...

wow, we have a lot in common. my pops is getting older too.

WarCry!
05-16-2005, 01:19 PM
The thing that is irritating to me, although I understand it...no REAL upgrades for season ticket holders who've been on board for 5 or more years.....HOWEVER,

if one were to "join the Pavillion" suddenly you can have seats in the lower level on the side....in other words, if you can afford the "country club"....we'll find good seats for you. Like I said, I understand; it just sucks. :banghead:

What does joining the Pavillion cost? Just curious

Iowanian
05-16-2005, 02:14 PM
50 seats?

What are you, a Broker?

If so....Good.

dave0320
05-16-2005, 02:33 PM
What I think he is saying is the Chiefs are offering group season tickets, (did not indicate if the rights are included). His point is clear. Your group of tickets will not be together. Well at least the group gets into the stadium. My idea of group seating, is seats all together. It's a sham on their part to call these group tickets. I've been to many events with groups, and the seats were always together. Another Chiefs marketing ploy.

jspchief
05-16-2005, 02:40 PM
They aren't "season" tickets. They are single game tickets, and it completely clear that they won't be all together in the literature. It's not a sham if you know how to read.

In the past, what they have done is offered batches of 50, where you had the tickets for 2 weeks, then returned any unsold, as well as payment for the sold tickets. Typically, it was only for less desirable games (such as the Detroit and Bears games late in '03).

BigRedChief
05-16-2005, 03:14 PM
Hey guys back off on KCFanNindy. :shake:

I know him from the chiefscoalition.com website. He's a good Chiefs fan. Not a broker and he is a "Real" Chiefs fan (according to King Carl)

BigRedChief
05-16-2005, 03:21 PM
I think what he is ticked off at is that some unrenewed season tickets were taken out of cirrulation and not used for the seat upgrade program. Thereby not letting us season ticket holders move closer to the action with those vacated seats.

jspchief
05-16-2005, 03:24 PM
I think what he is ticked off at is that some unrenewed season tickets were taken out of cirrulation and not used for the seat upgrade program. Thereby not letting us season ticket holders move closer to the action with those vacated seats.

I don't think they took tickets out of circulation. They've always had tickets available for group purchase.

Other than that, that's how I understood his complaint as well.

BigRedChief
05-16-2005, 08:10 PM
I don't think they took tickets out of circulation. They've always had tickets available for group purchase.

Other than that, that's how I understood his complaint as well.

So its SOP?:hmmm:

jspchief
05-16-2005, 08:29 PM
So its SOP?:hmmm:As far as I know, yes. I can verify that they've had seats available in the past for businesses/groups, because I've dealt with them on it before. I never actually bought any, but they were available.

KcFanNindy
05-16-2005, 08:40 PM

Mr. Kotter nailed the point that i was trying to make right on the head....its just frustrating....To see and hear unless you got the $$$ then we can do for you.

BigRedChief
05-16-2005, 10:26 PM
You mean if I join the Pavillion club I can get seats in the lower bowl on the sides?:hmmm: naaahhhhhh Phobia tells me I'm going to love the lower bowl end zone. This way I'll have something to bitch about besides King Carl if he's wrong.

Skip Towne
05-16-2005, 10:30 PM
It seems like King Carl is a couple of jumps ahead of the Peanut Gallery once again.

KCChiefsMan
05-16-2005, 11:14 PM

time for you to face reality...it certaintly isn't just the Chiefs. For God sakes, look at KU basketball