PDA

View Full Version : Who are the three greatest all-time Dallas Cowboys?

Rain Man
05-17-2005, 10:03 PM
Holy mother of Tom Landry. Love 'em or hate 'em, this team has had a lot of talent over the years.

Doomsday poll on the way.

BIG_DADDY
05-17-2005, 10:08 PM
I hate the Cowboys almost as bad as the Raiders.

Skip Towne
05-17-2005, 10:18 PM
Lee Roy Jordan attended Alabama under Coach Bear Bryant. On the first day of practice, the Bear lined up all 100 of his recruits on one goal line. He stated , "Men, this drill is designed to see who our really tough guys are. In the other endzone, I have placed 4 footballs. When I say go, sprint down the field and try to get one." Ten minutes later, Lee Roy Jordan walked up to the coach and gave him 3 footballs.

TEX
05-17-2005, 10:22 PM
How in the world can anyone vote for Deion Sanders????? He's such a whore ... :doh!:

Rain Man
05-17-2005, 10:46 PM
You may not like him, but he was one of the most talented players I've ever seen.

Demonpenz
05-17-2005, 10:49 PM
larry allen?

Rain Man
05-17-2005, 10:52 PM
larry allen?

He was almost in my top three. Deion Sanders and Randy White were the top two, and then I was debating between Bob Lilly, Larry Allen, Emmitt Smith, and my personal favorite Everson Walls.

Demonpenz
05-17-2005, 10:54 PM
doh i didn't see him on the list. I would have him up there maybe 4 or 5

keg in kc
05-17-2005, 10:58 PM
I've seen a few cheerleaders I'd vote for.

Psyko Tek
05-17-2005, 11:14 PM
i can respect the cowboys organization...

i mean look what they did for cheerleading

but they haave the most bandwagon jumping disapear when the team sucks fans i ever did see

big nasty kcnut
05-17-2005, 11:17 PM
Roger Staubach,darryl johnson and trerrance newman my picks.

keg in kc
05-17-2005, 11:20 PM
but they haave the most bandwagon jumping disapear when the team sucks fans i ever did seeI used to be one. I jumped onto the Chiefs bandwagon when I moved into town. Of course, "bandwagon" is kind of a misnomer for KC, it's more of a rickety decrepit rustbucket of perpetual mediocrity.

TEX
05-17-2005, 11:26 PM
You may not like him, but he was one of the most talented players I've ever seen.

I agree to a point, but have you ever seen Deion try and tackle someone? ROFL

I voted for Staubach, Smith, and Dorsett. There really are way too many to limit it to just 3 IMO.

BIG_DADDY
05-18-2005, 12:09 AM
Roger Staubach,darryl johnson and trerrance newman my picks.

I hated it when Staubach would be flipping around on the ground like he had a broken spine everytime he got hit good. They would cart him off the field only to come back into the game 2 plays later to the roar of the crowd and the amazement of the announcers like it was some ****ing miracle or something. " That Staubach sure is tough" Give me a flippin break.

cdcox
05-18-2005, 12:12 AM
Staubach was the best QB I saw play before Montana came along. Also went with Randy White and Dorsett.

jarjar
05-18-2005, 12:12 AM
I used to be one. I jumped onto the Chiefs bandwagon when I moved into town. Of course, "bandwagon" is kind of a misnomer for KC, it's more of a rickety decrepit rustbucket of perpetual mediocrity.

God I hate to read shit like that...

Phobia
05-18-2005, 12:14 AM
When I was a child I really liked Rafael Septien.

keg in kc
05-18-2005, 12:30 AM
God I hate to read shit like that...The whole story is that I was an anti-Washington Redskins fan. So the Cowboys were my initial team purely by default, because they were the Redskins arch rival. I stopped following them after their second superbowl win, didn't watch the NFL very much in college. When I moved here I got into the game again.

big nasty kcnut
05-18-2005, 12:37 AM
Well landry taught Staubach that flop cause he gets off on abusing the system.

Garcia Bronco
05-18-2005, 01:12 AM
Emitt is a lock
Then is gets hard.

Lilly, Staubach, Dorsett, Aikmen....man you could make an argument for all of them

J Diddy
05-18-2005, 01:45 AM
God I hate to read shit like that...

At least you didn't mention your butthole....

Hammock Parties
05-18-2005, 04:28 AM
This was pretty easy for me.

Emmitt is a no brainer.

You have to choose a QB, and Staubach beats Aikman easy.

Then I chose Bob Hayes because he changed the game of football.

gblowfish
05-18-2005, 07:38 AM
Lance Rentzel, Nate Newton & Michael Irvin. The all-parole team.

Phobia
05-18-2005, 07:41 AM
Lance Rentzel, Nate Newton & Michael Irvin. The all-parole team.

When a kicker is your team's biggest criminal, I think that beats the hell out of a little drug infraction.

Septien loved children.

Skip Towne
05-18-2005, 07:42 AM
Lee Roy, Manster and Walt Garrison.

Otter
05-18-2005, 07:50 AM
Whoever voted for Irvin and Sanders needs to have thier eyes picked out by crows.

Rain Man
05-18-2005, 08:00 AM
I hated it when Staubach would be flipping around on the ground like he had a broken spine everytime he got hit good. They would cart him off the field only to come back into the game 2 plays later to the roar of the crowd and the amazement of the announcers like it was some ****ing miracle or something. " That Staubach sure is tough" Give me a flippin break.

You mean he was Steve McNair before Steve McNair was Steve McNair?

This vote is surprising to me. There are a lot of players on this list that really are prototypes for their position: Randy White, Bob Lilly, Deion Sanders, Larry Allen, etc. I figured that there would be a much closer vote. (I didn't vote for any of the three leading voters, by the way.)

Goapics1
05-18-2005, 08:15 AM
Hell, you could almost make a point for Herschel Walker. The damn Vikings traded something like 12 picks for his arse, which turned into the Cowboys dominance in the early '90s................

Rain Man
05-18-2005, 08:22 AM
Going to the USFL was a career mistake for Walker. I wonder what his stats would've been if he'd been in the NFL all those years.

I understand the money issue, though. I think he got paid some insane amount at the time to be Donald Trump's running back/butler.

gblowfish
05-18-2005, 08:42 AM
Whoever voted for Irvin and Sanders needs to have thier eyes picked out by crows.It's the Michael Irvin "rings" of dishonor!

Rain Man
05-18-2005, 08:45 AM
Heh-heh. That picture's great.

cdcox
05-18-2005, 10:17 AM
You mean he was Steve McNair before Steve McNair was Steve McNair?

This vote is surprising to me. There are a lot of players on this list that really are prototypes for their position: Randy White, Bob Lilly, Deion Sanders, Larry Allen, etc. I figured that there would be a much closer vote. (I didn't vote for any of the three leading voters, by the way.)

The glory positions get all the glory.

Rain Man
05-18-2005, 11:14 AM
The glory positions get all the glory.

Yep. I guess that's why they're called the glory positions.

Randy White was just frightening when he played, and I enjoyed the article a while back about opposing players getting "Allenitis" when they were scheduled to play across from Allen.

Dave Lane
05-18-2005, 12:54 PM
Herschel Walker really is who made the Cowboys of Jimmy Johnson era, Maybe he could be the most valuable trader or sumthing...

Dave

Rain Man
05-18-2005, 01:35 PM
I think I'm going to be sick. Troy Aikman has more votes than Randy White and Bob Lilly.

Hammock Parties
05-18-2005, 02:18 PM
I think I'm going to be sick. Troy Aikman has more votes than Randy White and Bob Lilly.

Yeah, that's disgusting. Aikman was just Trent Green with a better arm and a defense.