PDA

View Full Version : Kelsay Grammar joins X3 cast

keg in kc
05-18-2005, 12:46 PM
He's going to be beast. WTF?

"X-Men" Enlist Frasier & Lost Stars (http://darkhorizons.com/news05/050518h.php)

Posted: Wednesday May 18th, 2005 6:25pm
Source: Variety
Author: Garth Franklin

Twentieth Century Fox and Marvel Entertainment have enlisted "Frasier" himself Kelsey Grammer for "X3" reports Variety. Grammer is set to play Beast, the oversized blue-furred creature who has not yet appeared in an "X-Men" film.

The Matthew Vaughn-directed sequel is scheduled to bow Memorial Day weekend next year. Studio is also setting Vinnie Jones for the bad-guy role of Juggernaut ("Snatch," "Gone in 60 Seconds," "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels"). Juggernaut, a 6-foot-10, 900-pound metal-clad battering ram, is the half-brother of Professor X and will anchor Magneto's villainous band.

Fox has begun negotiations with "Lost's" Maggie Grace to play the role of Kitty Pryde, a beauty who can walk through walls. Studio is also searching for an actor to play Angel, a handsome winged mutant who is ashamed of his feathery appendages.

Thanks to 'Wall to Wall'.

Saulbadguy
05-18-2005, 12:49 PM
Will Gambit play a role? He better.

tyton75
05-18-2005, 12:53 PM
Collossus should have a bigger role as well

tyton75
05-18-2005, 12:53 PM
BTW.. Gambit sux!

:)

milkman
05-18-2005, 04:56 PM
He's going to be beast. WTF?

Isn't the Beast a scientist with a nerdish aspect to his nature, as well as a mutant and menber of the X-Men?

Grammer actually seems like a pretty good fit.

beer bacon
05-18-2005, 04:58 PM
Isn't the Beast a scientist with a nerdish aspect to his nature, as well as a mutant and menber of the X-Men?

He does seem like he will fit the role, but it would have been nice if they could have found a relatively unknown actor that fit the role.

Rausch
05-18-2005, 05:03 PM

I thought the voice for the Xmen cartoon sounded a lot like him. Sounds good to me.

Can't say the same for Maggie Grace (snooty blonde sister of Boone on Lost) buy Vinnie Jones looks like a good fit, google images. (http://images.google.com/images?q=vinnie%20jones&hl=en&lr=&client=safari&rls=en-us&sa=N&tab=wi)

Rausch
05-18-2005, 05:04 PM
He does seem like he will fit the role, but it would have been nice if they could have found a relatively unknown actor that fit the role.

I really don't want to see Frasier in a Labat's blue bear suit. Hopefully it's CGI...

KCWolfman
05-18-2005, 05:05 PM
I think Grammer would work well as the Beast.

I also think Portman would make a good Kitty Pryde.

Bowser
05-18-2005, 05:07 PM
I'm worried how this movie will do out of the hands of Bryan Singer.

whoman69
05-18-2005, 06:41 PM
I would think age would be a factor as well as his well documented big ass. Its a no brainer that he won't be doing any stunts and Beast is a very dexterous character. While he may have the personae, the physical demands of the role are beyond him.

Colossus is worthless when Magneto is involved, as is Wolverine. Be interesting to see if they work Jean Grey back into it.

Deberg_1990
05-18-2005, 08:00 PM
I'm worried how this movie will do out of the hands of Bryan Singer.

Exactly. The first two worked almost entirely on character and the action was somewhat secondary. Im willing to give it a chance, but at this point im worried. Im looking forward to his "Gay" take on Superman though. LOL

Hammock Parties
05-18-2005, 08:03 PM
Ok, how many posts before tk13 makes a joke about tossed salads and scrambled eggs?

ChiefFripp
05-18-2005, 08:09 PM
Kelsey Grammer? There goes that movie franchise down the tubes. I guess DavidHyde Pierce could play Gambit to make it extra lame.

Malcor
05-18-2005, 08:25 PM
erm...I'm guessing Grammer's job is as a voice actor...last I heard, beast was going to be CG...

ChiefFripp
05-18-2005, 08:29 PM
erm...I'm guessing Grammer's job is as a voice actor...last I heard, beast was going to be CG...
Well Beast isn't a smug bastard like every character Grammer has played in the past, so hopefully the director nails it through Kelsey's head. But when they cast a celebritie's voice like that, movies tend to use their career persona as well.

tk13
05-18-2005, 08:31 PM
Ok, how many posts before tk13 makes a joke about tossed salads and scrambled eggs?
Goodnight Seattle!!

Spicy McHaggis
05-18-2005, 10:28 PM
Studio is also setting Vinnie Jones for the bad-guy role of Juggernaut ("Snatch," "Gone in 60 Seconds," "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels").

sweet, Vinnie Jones is badass. Ex-pro soccer player turned actor.

keg in kc
05-19-2005, 01:11 AM
erm...I'm guessing Grammer's job is as a voice actor...last I heard, beast was going to be CG...If that's true, then it makes sense. My hangup was on the physical aspect of the character.

mcan
05-19-2005, 03:47 AM
1. Brian Singer is amazing. His S-Man (gay) thing isn't going to be a big deal, and frankly XMen 1 and 2 has a bit of a "gay" theme to it as well. (Excepting the differences of those around us). I'm sure the third movie will miss him...

2. I sure hope that Beast isn't CGI'd to the teeth. If they can do Nightcrawler and Mystique, then they can certainly do a live-action Beast. If they think Kelsey can do it right, then I'd love to see him try it.

3. They will almost certainly bring back Jean Grey as her reincarnated self (Phoenix).

Swanman
05-19-2005, 07:00 AM
3. They will almost certainly bring back Jean Grey as her reincarnated self (Phoenix).

They do some foreshadowing at the end of X2 when they're doing an overhead shot of the lake where Grey was killed and an outline of the Phoenix appears.

I'm not sure if it's been resolved, but Halle Berry was being a diva about wanting a more prominent role in the third film because of her popularity. Storm will never be made a central character so hopefully they're able to get her off her high horse, if they haven't already.

I'm thinking Pyro and Iceman will also have decent sized roles in X3, especially Pyro.