PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Wilkerson Query

Sparhawk
05-18-2005, 10:24 PM
When we first picked up Wilkerson, I had high hopes, especially after the first year. I honestly can't say I can recall him making a single play last season though. Was he injured, never on the field, in Gun's doghouse? IS it possible he beats out Hicks?

Rain Man
05-19-2005, 08:42 AM
Whenever I see Wilkerson on the field, it seems like he's doing well. I'm rooting for him or John Browning to beat out Hicks this year. I think both could be more productive.

shaneo69
05-19-2005, 08:52 AM
I watched an Oklahoma game a few years back and he just dominated. I thought he was a LB though because he was wearing #45 or something like that. But I was really pumped when we got him in the 6th round. I guess there was good reason why he lasted so long.

I thought he would beat out Hicks last year but he couldn't hardly even get on the field. Pretty disappointing.

jspchief
05-19-2005, 08:57 AM
It seems like one of the coaches commented on him this off-season. Something along the lines of needing him to step up and start getting the job done. I got the impression they weren't pleased with his progress, and were getting pretty frustrated.

When you consider that he was a 6th round pick, I guess it's no suprise that he hasn't made an impact. All that "he would have been a 1st rounder next year" crap is purely speculation, and the fact that he lasted so long in the draft leads me to believe NFL teams weren't buying it.

I'd sure like to see him come up and make an impact, but I can't help but think if he hasn't done anything by now, the odds aren't good of it happening.

go bo
05-19-2005, 12:41 PM
from what i hear (second or third hand), wilkerson is not a serious candidate to get much playing time, let alone ever start...

nascher
05-19-2005, 01:04 PM
actually he is a serious candidate to get cut.

whoman69
05-19-2005, 01:50 PM
It seems like one of the coaches commented on him this off-season. Something along the lines of needing him to step up and start getting the job done. I got the impression they weren't pleased with his progress, and were getting pretty frustrated.

When you consider that he was a 6th round pick, I guess it's no suprise that he hasn't made an impact. All that "he would have been a 1st rounder next year" crap is purely speculation, and the fact that he lasted so long in the draft leads me to believe NFL teams weren't buying it.

I'd sure like to see him come up and make an impact, but I can't help but think if he hasn't done anything by now, the odds aren't good of it happening.
I can't understand how we thought asking him to pick splinters out of his ass was going to bring him to an elite status like a senior year at Oklahoma would have.

Sparhawk
05-19-2005, 02:41 PM
I think originally in college he did play some LB. Last I can recall they kept moving him from DE to DT. Kinda hard to take someone's spot if you're never in the same place. I do hope he can show us something this year.

Pitt Gorilla
05-19-2005, 02:46 PM
He has the talent; he needs to "put it together."