PDA

View Full Version : Mythbusters getting sloppy

Bob Dole
05-18-2005, 10:29 PM
Hate to see it happen, because it's been a pretty interesting show.

On the Hollywood myths episode, they tested whether someone could get thrown through a plate glass window and get up and continue with the bar fight.

Since none of them wanted to perform the feat themselves, they pull out the mold and build a latex skinned ballistic gel model. Then they lay it on its back and slide it down a table and thru a 1/8" plate. No damage.

So instead of stopping there and determining that it is possible, they peel the latex skin off the gel model and use a 1/4" plate. This time, they get damage and declare the myth busted.

Ignoring that their model was naked and without skin and too stupid to raise its arms.

Sloppy.

Dave Lane
05-18-2005, 10:32 PM
You volunteering to try the 1/4" plate version? I will donate the window if that helps...

Dave

Bob Dole
05-18-2005, 10:35 PM
Bob Dole has already been through a plate glass window and 2 car windshields. WWhile Bob Dole did not escape unscathed, Bob Dole got up and walked away.

Rausch
05-18-2005, 10:36 PM
Bob Dole has already been through a plate glass window and 2 car windshields. WWhile Bob Dole did not escape unscathed, Bob Dole got up and walked away.

Yeah, but did you get up and continue to fight her afterwards?...

Dave Lane
05-18-2005, 10:44 PM

Thats my point exactly! ROFL

Dave

Bob Dole
05-18-2005, 10:47 PM

There wasn't any fight with the windshields. As to the other one, sure did. Nothing quite as entertaining to a polluted 18 year old than a frat brawl at the basketball game.

tommykat
05-18-2005, 10:53 PM
There wasn't any fight with the windshields. As to the other one, sure did. Nothing quite as entertaining to a polluted 18 year old than a frat brawl at the basketball game.

Or a 40 something brawl at a Chiefs game......pointing finger at me.......egaddddddddddsssssssssssss...:deevee: I was lost and the good BobDole never came looking for me......:cuss:< By that time I was pissed...

Archie F. Swin
05-19-2005, 06:40 AM

so, "Smokey and the Bandit" really was filmed in Texarkana?
:hmmm:

Archie F. Swin
05-19-2005, 06:42 AM
sloppy or not...watching ol' girl get painted was worth the price of admission :drool:

Dayze
05-19-2005, 09:03 PM
so, "Smokey and the Bandit" really was filmed in Texarkana?
:hmmm:

Fred definately does not eat grease.

Skip Towne
05-19-2005, 09:08 PM
Wow!! That Bob Dole is an early day Rich Scanlon. Just WOW!!

siberian khatru
05-19-2005, 09:11 PM
Bob Dole cannot be killed by conventional weapons.

Brando
05-20-2005, 08:42 AM
You can not stop Bob Dole you can only hope to seduce him with midgets and contain him

JimNasium
05-20-2005, 09:15 AM
Bob Dole is a wild man from the hills.

Bob Dole
05-20-2005, 09:31 AM
Bob Dole is a wild man from the hills.

Was.

Dinny Bossa Nova
05-20-2005, 10:02 AM
Bob Dole once made the scene at one of our shows. We were thrilled when he sat in and did a couple Freddie King songs.

Man, Bob Dole sounded more like Freddie than even Freddie hisself. And when Bob Dole finished Bob Dole's rendition of "The Same Old Blues" there LITERALLY was NOT a dry eye in the house.

So naturally all the women wanted Bob Dole, and all the men wanted to be Bob Dole.

The last I saw of Bob Dole that night was when Bob Dole was headed out the door with two armloads of women.

Truly one of the most memorable nights of my life.

Dinny