PDA

View Full Version : Dad Allegedly Kidnapped Daughter's Beau

Bwana
05-20-2005, 02:46 PM
Dad Allegedly Kidnapped Daughter's BeauFriday, May 20, 2005
http://www.foxnews.com/images/service_ap_36.gif EAGLE, Idaho — An Idaho man has been arrested and accused of attempting to kidnap his daughter's boyfriend because he didn't like the couple dating.
Paul David Thomas, 49, has been charged with felony kidnapping and aggravated assault. He was being held in the Ada County jail on $20,000 bond. He could face up to 25 years in prison if convicted on the kidnapping charge.

Sheriff's investigators say Thomas allegedly grabbed the 18-year-old boyfriend in front of Eagle High School west of Boise during the school's lunch hour Wednesday and forced the young man, whose name was not released, into his van. The teen told detectives Thomas indicated he had a knife and made unspecified threats of violence because of his persistence in pursuing a relationship with Thomas' daughter.

"It looks like his daughter and the victim had a relationship that the father disapproved of," Capt. Ron Freeman of the Ada County sheriffs office told the Idaho Press-Tribune newspaper. "He really felt he was in grave danger when he was thrown into the vehicle by Mr. Thomas."

According to police, the teenager escaped from the van when Thomas stopped at an intersection. The teen ran across a field and jumped into another car occupied by some classmates. Thomas allegedly chased that vehicle in his van until it stopped and the boyfriend fled on foot. The teen summoned police by using a cell phone he borrowed from the driver of the other vehicle and Thomas was arrested at the scene.

Iowanian
05-20-2005, 02:50 PM
"Touch mah daughter again you little pudwhacker and I'll cut your baows off with this rusty spoon"

Sounds good....thats somebody's daughter. no crime.

Duck Dog
05-20-2005, 02:51 PM
Paul David Thomas, you must go directly to jail. Do not pass 'Go', do not collect your $200.00

Iowanian
05-20-2005, 02:52 PM
No self respecting Man, would admit to being beaten by an ART teacher.

A horde of Kool-aide binging Toddlers? OK. A pair of conjoined twins convinced you superglued thier arses together...Whatever.

An Art Teacher? Might as well say Emanuel Lewis and Vern Troyer made you go down on them and took your cigarettes.

seclark
05-20-2005, 02:53 PM
memo to all...fathers day is coming up.
sec

Bwana
05-20-2005, 02:54 PM
[QUOTE=ENDelt260]He's not the only nutty dad in the news.

Couch beater? Brian Griese??

Iowanian
05-20-2005, 02:55 PM
This guy won't even get the Big Piece of Chicken this fathers' day.

Donger
05-20-2005, 02:56 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/images/service_ap_36.gif EAGLE, Idaho — An Idaho man has been arrested and accused of attempting to kidnap his daughter's boyfriend because he didn't like the couple dating.
Paul David Thomas, 49, has been charged with felony kidnapping and aggravated assault. He was being held in the Ada County jail on $20,000 bond. He could face up to 25 years in prison if convicted on the kidnapping charge.

Sheriff's investigators say Thomas allegedly grabbed the 18-year-old boyfriend in front of Eagle High School west of Boise during the school's lunch hour Wednesday and forced the young man, whose name was not released, into his van. The teen told detectives Thomas indicated he had a knife and made unspecified threats of violence because of his persistence in pursuing a relationship with Thomas' daughter.

"It looks like his daughter and the victim had a relationship that the father disapproved of," Capt. Ron Freeman of the Ada County sheriffs office told the Idaho Press-Tribune newspaper. "He really felt he was in grave danger when he was thrown into the vehicle by Mr. Thomas."

According to police, the teenager escaped from the van when Thomas stopped at an intersection. The teen ran across a field and jumped into another car occupied by some classmates. Thomas allegedly chased that vehicle in his van until it stopped and the boyfriend fled on foot. The teen summoned police by using a cell phone he borrowed from the driver of the other vehicle and Thomas was arrested at the scene.

This happened to me once. Although it was the mother and not Dad.

BIG_DADDY
05-20-2005, 03:00 PM
Well I guess he doesn't have to worry about pops anymore while he laying the pipe to his daughter. Pops might be a great grandfather by the time he gets out.

mikey23545
05-20-2005, 03:01 PM
"He was swinging for the fences...."

ROFL

seclark
05-20-2005, 03:03 PM
Well I guess he doesn't have to worry about pops anymore while he laying the pipe to his daughter.
pops has prolly got a few more pipes to worry about now.
sec

Bwana
05-20-2005, 03:12 PM
This happened to me once. Although it was the mother and not Dad.
I was dating a girl years ago and her mom was a nurse at one of the local hospitals that worked the late shift. She was the only mother of anyone I have dated that didn't warm up to me. After I took the girl out for dinner, naturally she wanted to invite Bwana in to show her appreciation for the stellar evening I had shown her.

In theory, momma wasn't due home until 7 AM which gave Bwana enough time to except her thanks a few times and to hit the road before the old battle axe came home.

Fast forward to 5 AM. The old hide comes home early and I heard footsteps of the monster Bertha coming down the steps. 5:02: momma Jones swings open the bedroom door like a gun fighter on Gunsmoke. 5:03: As I'm laying on top of the covers with all my manliness exposed I chime in with "Why good morning Mrs. Jones, whats for breakfast?"

She stormed out of there like she had been shot out of a cannon. I dated her daughter for another couple of months, but I never did see momma Jones again. When I would come over, she would hide in her room. :shrug:

Bwana
05-20-2005, 03:18 PM
Well I guess he doesn't have to worry about pops anymore while he laying the pipe to his daughter. Pops might be a great grandfather by the time he gets out.

If it were me that got tossed in the van by "pops" I would send him a soap on the rope and a pack of condoms to his jail cell for fathers day just to gravel his ass. :D

KCChiefsMan
05-20-2005, 04:27 PM
you would have to be hit blind-sided with a baseball bat for that weapon to be effective at all. if you can see it coming a baseball bat is not a good weapon to use if the person you are swinging at knows how to defend themself in the least bit

chiefs4me
05-20-2005, 04:39 PM

I wonder how old the girlfriend is? Can you believe that he could get 25 years for this...un freaking real..:shake:

chiefs4me
05-20-2005, 04:41 PM
He's not the only nutty dad in the news.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20050519/COACH19/TPSports/Baseball

What's funny about this story is the guy who got beat says it was a big beating. Swinging for the fences, but the hospital treated him and released him the same day.:hmmm: