PDA

View Full Version : Kansas good for something after all.. New Toy!

dtebbe
05-21-2005, 09:55 AM
I guess as a kid we have all had something that we lusted over but never got. For me the year was 1984, I was in 8th grade and wanted a Honda 200x 3-wheeler. My grandparents agreed to buy me an ATV for xmas and I thought I was all set for a 200x. Well, my dad got involved and decided a Big Red (aka Big Dead) would be better suited for my (his) needs....

Not to sound ungrateful, but just imagine a kid who for six months was sleeping with the 200x brochure, sure he was going to get on on xmas day. That day comes and here's this HUGE, HEAVY, and SLOW beast sitting in the garage with a bow on it. I did the best I could to act like I liked it (it was better than nothing) but I never did really like that thing, and never did get my 200x (they stopped making 3 wheelers in 1987).

So when I'm bored I sometimes search ebay and autotrader for a 200x, just to see if there are any out there. Usually they are in CA, dogged out from sand dunes, or just generally dogged out.

BUT, this Wednesday I did a search, and what do I find? TWO, yes! TWO 1986 Honda 200x 3 wheelers in Hutchinson, KS. Not only that, but they were in like nearly new condition! I called, and bought one on the spot, and am waiting for it to get to Atlanta as we speak. It's amazing, I feel like it's 1984 all over again, although my wife would probably frown on me sleeping with the brocure if I had one :)

As they say, it's the little things in life!

DT

Brock
05-21-2005, 10:22 AM
I had a 200x, then a couple of years later moved up to the 250r. They were both a blast.

grandllama
05-21-2005, 10:26 AM
I had a 200x, then a couple of years later moved up to the 250r. They were both a blast.

eh, I had plenty of fun on our farm's Big Red as well (probably because my uncle would never get off his 200x)