PDA

View Full Version : Deadwood Season Finale...

JimNasium
05-22-2005, 04:47 PM
Anyone care to make any predictions for the season finale?

|Zach|
05-22-2005, 04:48 PM
I reckon some men will be at odds.

big nasty kcnut
05-22-2005, 04:49 PM
Coksucker will be said about 150 times.

JimNasium
05-22-2005, 04:50 PM
Coksucker will be said about 150 times.
ROFL

unlurking
05-22-2005, 04:52 PM
Ms. Joanie and Jane have a lesbian affair.

Bullock is gonna kill someone.

Swear Engine will make a profit.

dunno, all i got

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
05-22-2005, 04:55 PM
I just hope to God that they never decide to show Calamity Jane naked again! :eek:

What they need to do is get the clothes off of Joanie Stubbs! :whackit:

Baby Lee
05-22-2005, 05:01 PM
I just hope to God that they never decide to show Calamity Jane naked again! :eek:

What they need to do is get the clothes off of Joanie Stubbs! :whackit:
Ah burned mah c-unt!!!

Baby Lee
05-22-2005, 05:02 PM
predictions

Someone gets tossed into the thoroughfare.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
05-22-2005, 07:03 PM
Ah burned mah c-unt!!!

Actually she said snatch! :p

Baby Lee
05-22-2005, 08:00 PM
Hoe-Lee Shee-at!!!

How the f*ck did television get so good?

OmahaChief
05-22-2005, 08:03 PM
That was a helluva season finale. The show just keeps gettin juicer by the minute. I loved the fact that Andy gutted Toliver at the end what a turn of event as EB might say. Great all the way around tonight. The reason it is one of the best things going.

Baby Lee
05-22-2005, 08:06 PM
Farnum trying to hold his hershey squirts at bay while addressing Hearst was priceless.

JimNasium
05-22-2005, 08:07 PM
Hoe-Lee Shee-at!!!

How the f*ck did television get so good?
I don't think I can recall 30 minutes where so much happened with so little dialogue. I'm assuming that Tolliver survives to be Hearst's nemisis. The only thing I'm confused about is whether the minister was a Hearst agent, was there for revenge or just finally lost his temper.

OmahaChief
05-22-2005, 08:10 PM
I don't think I can recall 30 minutes where so much happened with so little dialogue. I'm assuming that Tolliver survives to be Hearst's nemisis. The only thing I'm confused about is whether the minister was a Hearst agent, was there for revenge or just finally lost his temper.

I think he was there for revenge after Tolliver tossed him out like a piece of trash. I would guess it was his final bad act and now on to being a man of God.

I would bet Toliver lives as well as he is a huge part of the show. He is no match for the wit of Al!

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
05-22-2005, 08:10 PM
I think Tolliver is not long for the show. With him trying to strong-arm Hearst and getting gutted by a friggin preacher! Not looking good for ole Cy. Sure was funny to see everyone so concerned when he got stabbed though! :D

unlurking
05-22-2005, 08:11 PM
Amazing show, guess I suck at predictions though!

JimNasium
05-22-2005, 08:12 PM
I think he was there for revenge after Tolliver tossed him out like a piece of trash. I would guess it was his final bad act and now on to being a man of God.

I would bet Toliver lives as well as he is a huge part of the show. He is no match for the wit of Al!
Yeah, Al is back and stronger than before. Gotta like that.

Baby Lee
05-22-2005, 08:13 PM
I would guess it was his final bad act and now on to being a man of God.
Don't think he sees it as a bad act at all. [God will not be mocked] I'm seeing the minister seeing himself as the hand of judgment.

Also, I see the telegraph man someday being proven as the forerunner to the badass martha focker you see in the Russian mafia. Someone's gonna try to break him and end up woefully lacking in relative resolve.

Baby Lee
05-22-2005, 08:14 PM
Yeah, Al is back and stronger than before. Gotta like that.
Even referencing the hedgeapple wedged in his asshole that sets him to devoting much of his day to urination. ROFL ROFL

Jenny Gump
05-22-2005, 08:23 PM
Damn. I brought the office home with me this weekend, got busy, and missed it! Damn, damn, de-damn damn.

OmahaChief
05-22-2005, 08:26 PM
Don't think he sees it as a bad act at all. [God will not be mocked] I'm seeing the minister seeing himself as the hand of judgment.

Also, I see the telegraph man someday being proven as the forerunner to the badass martha focker you see in the Russian mafia. Someone's gonna try to break him and end up woefully lacking in relative resolve.

Good point on the preacher.

Baby Lee
05-22-2005, 08:27 PM
Oh, and hip hip hooray for Medavoy the haberdasher.

unlurking
05-22-2005, 08:33 PM
thought he said horseapple?

Baby Lee
05-22-2005, 08:36 PM
thought he said horseapple?
F*ck me then, I was pretty close. Jeez.

Baby Lee
05-22-2005, 08:38 PM
Anyone catch that Swe-gin's marriage gift to Alma was Ms. I's confession?

unlurking
05-22-2005, 08:41 PM
Wow, sensitive today? Just asking a question as I had never heard the term before until I saw Shawshank Redemption yesterday. Just thought it was interesting to hear a term new to me twice in one weekend.

Baby Lee
05-22-2005, 08:44 PM
No hard feelings;
I got busted just a little ago for confusing c-unt and snatch, and
after an episode like that, my language goes a little salty.

JimNasium
05-22-2005, 08:47 PM
Yeah, good stuff. He also doesn't pass up any chance to needle Sol.

unlurking
05-22-2005, 08:48 PM
Yeah, although she might have appreciated him not kicking Bullock out until after she had left.

"It's to your right!"

I also noticed that Adams and Dan may have bonded. Interesting.

I'm also wondering if Hearst isn't being set up to be Tolliver's replacement as Swearengen's rival. Hearst seems pretty much to be a good guy, and I think Tolliver just takes away from Swearengen's evilness. Cy I think is expendable at this point.

I'm also wondering what Bullock will do now, as he seems to have pretty much nothing to do with the store or the bank. He's just been moping around all season, and getting kinda boring.

I'm assuming the sunflower will keep Mrs. Bullock in Deadwood.

unlurking
05-22-2005, 08:55 PM
No hard feelings;
I got busted just a little ago for confusing c-unt and snatch, and
after an episode like that, my language goes a little salty.
lol

Man, I got a lot more thoughts / questions after this episode, in terms of where the plot is going.

I was disappointed not to here about Utter's trip as well, delivering Hickock's letter.

Took me a minute to realize it was Wolcott that was got hung at the end. We saw him writing a letter, I'm wondering if this was suicide or murder by Hearst's man?

Was glad to see Wu finally get a piece of the "San Francisco cocksucker" too.

JimNasium
05-22-2005, 08:56 PM
Yeah, although she might have appreciated him not kicking Bullock out until after she had left.

"It's to your right!"

I also noticed that Adams and Dan may have bonded. Interesting.

I'm also wondering if Hearst isn't being set up to be Tolliver's replacement as Swearengen's rival. Hearst seems pretty much to be a good guy, and I think Tolliver just takes away from Swearengen's evilness. Cy I think is expendable at this point.

I'm also wondering what Bullock will do now, as he seems to have pretty much nothing to do with the store or the bank. He's just been moping around all season, and getting kinda boring.

I'm assuming the sunflower will keep Mrs. Bullock in Deadwood.
Things went downhill with Seth after the first episode. I hope something happens to get him angry again. Historically I think he became friends with Teddy Roosevelt and was appointed as a U.S. Marshall so there are lots of possibilities with his character.

Jenny Gump
05-22-2005, 09:01 PM
Things went downhill with Seth after the first episode. I hope something happens to get him angry again. Historically I think he became friends with Teddy Roosevelt and was appointed as a U.S. Marshall so there are lots of possibilities with his character.

mmmmmm...Seth

unlurking
05-22-2005, 09:06 PM
all right, who changed the filter?!?!

:D

Baby Lee
05-22-2005, 09:06 PM
Man, I got a lot more thoughts / questions after this episode, in terms of where the plot is going.
I disagree. That's another sign of brilliance of the show. I'm excited for the next season, but I'm not on pins and needles about unresolved stuff, or lingering mysteries. It's a satisfying conlcusion that leaves you ready for, but not jonesing for, more.

unlurking
05-22-2005, 09:17 PM
I disagree. That's another sign of brilliance of the show. I'm excited for the next season, but I'm not on pins and needles about unresolved stuff, or lingering mysteries. It's a satisfying conlcusion that leaves you ready for, but not jonesing for, more.
Well, color me "jonesing" to find out how the Bullock / Garret relationship affects the camp considering Mrs. Bullock will likely be remaining.

I'm also "jonesing" to see what becomes of Jane with her new found sobriety and very feminine friend in Stubbs (possible major character shift on the horizon).

Also "jonesing" to see how Hearst interacts with the camp now that he is here, and obviously planning on staying a while (buying hotel and expanding rooms). I need to adjust my thoughts on thinking he was a good man, considering he may have had Wolcott killed (though we don't know yet).

"Jonesing" to see what becomes of Tolliver as well. Like I mentioned earlier, I think he is being replaced as Swearengen's rival.

So while I agree with you there is little unresolved stuff that may have arisen during the season, they left the plot wide open for twists and turns, which is what I'm really disappointed to have to wait and see. It definitely ties the season up well, but alse effectively adds intrigue for next.

Edit: Sorry, my post may seem bitchy, it wasn't meant to be. Been spending to much time in the DC forum today.

Miles
05-22-2005, 09:28 PM
Took me a minute to realize it was Wolcott that was got hung at the end. We saw him writing a letter, I'm wondering if this was suicide or murder by Hearst's man?

Wonder if it may have been Charlie. They showed him geting back into camp that night looking like he was up to something.

unlurking
05-22-2005, 09:31 PM
Wonder if it may have been Charlie. They showed him geting back into camp that night looking like he was up to something.
Hadn't thought of that one. I'm gonna have to watch it again tomorrow to see if I can't get a better take on that.

Miles
05-22-2005, 09:32 PM

Yep I felt the same way. With how long HBO can go between seasons its nice that there were not any major cliffhangers.

Miles
05-22-2005, 09:38 PM
Hadn't thought of that one. I'm gonna have to watch it again tomorrow to see if I can't get a better take on that.

Hmm after thinking a bit suicide may be the most likely. He was kind of a wreck after Hearst found about about the whores and fireing him.

Damn this show is well written. The scenes were Sweringn's men were going after Lee was some classic stuff.

Frazod
05-22-2005, 11:10 PM
Just got done watching it. Great episode. Sucks we have to wait so long for next season.

And yes, Seth Bullock was friend of Roosevelt. He was one of the Rough Riders.

grandllama
05-22-2005, 11:19 PM
Hmm after thinking a bit suicide may be the most likely. He was kind of a wreck after Hearst found about about the whores and fireing him.

Damn this show is well written. The scenes were Sweringn's men were going after Lee was some classic stuff.

This entire show was easily the best in the two years of DW... and my guess is that it was suicide, the only other feasible would have been for Hearst to have him killed, and Hearst's muscle was who found him...

grandllama
05-22-2005, 11:21 PM

I'm jonesing for new DW, seven days a week, 365 days a year. I've never been addicted to a TV show before this. I had a brief bout of homelessness this spring and still either found a friend or a motel with HBO every Sunday since the new season started...

KevB
05-22-2005, 11:25 PM
I'm excited for the next season, but I'm not on pins and needles about unresolved stuff, or lingering mysteries. It's a satisfying conlcusion that leaves you ready for, but not jonesing for, more.

Exactly. I looked at the clock about halfway through, and wondered just how many issues were going to be left unresolved. That last half hour was as fast-paced a season finale as I've ever seen. Things happening concurrently that wrap issues up in a tidy manner, with a couple of issues to carry us to next year (Cy, elections, Charlie's trip, etc.). Just fabulous stuff. I sat with a smile on my face that entire last half-hour, knowing that I was watching about as good a TV show as I've ever seen.

grandllama
05-22-2005, 11:26 PM
m Swearengen's evilness. Cy I think is expendable at this point.

I hope to fark that Cy dies... I can't stand him or his character. But because of that, I'm sure Doc will fix him up...

As for Bullock, this story is no more centered around Bullock than it was centered around Wild Bill.... don't get me wrong, I like the character, and I know his real world history, but I don't miss him when DW doesn't center around him...

grandllama
05-22-2005, 11:28 PM
Just fabulous stuff. I sat with a smile on my face that entire last half-hour, knowing that I was watching about as good a TV show as I've ever seen.

Now, just imagine how many people missed it because they were sitting around watching the season finale of 'Desparate Housecunts...'

grandllama
05-23-2005, 12:30 AM
I thought she said snatch.

why the hell don't you read the entire thread first dumb ass?

grandllama
05-23-2005, 12:32 AM
I thought she said snatch.

BTW, ENDelt is here... Yaaaaaaaaa!

Braincase
05-23-2005, 05:12 AM
San Francisco Cocksuckah!

Amazing how foretelling Wu could be.

Duck Dog
05-23-2005, 07:57 AM
I'm going to have to watch the final episode sober. I don't remember anything that's been said on here so far.

Chiefnj
05-23-2005, 08:04 AM
That was an excellent season finale. It resolved most issues and left a few small cliffhangers to keep you interested in next season.

I'm hoping for a bigger part for the doc in season three.

Swanman
05-23-2005, 08:18 AM
That finale was just an amazing hour of tv. I thought the part at the end where they kept showing all kinds of stuff going on being basically narrated by the wedding nuptials was genius. Also, I thought it was amazingly consistent that poor Johnny Burns cracked his leg on a porch on the way to killing Lee and his men. That guy can't catch a break.

Wu also expanded his vocab by a word this episode, so now he knows:

Swear-dgen
Cocksuckah
San Francisco
America

Chris Meck
05-23-2005, 11:54 AM
I love Deadwood.

Some thoughts:

Walcott killed himself. His entire identity was wrapped up in being Hearst's main man; when Hearst found out about his nocturnal activities and told Walcott they were through, there were tears in Walcott's eyes.

He hung himself, because he had nothing to live for.

If Tolliver is dead, then Joanie would likely take over his saloon, or at least his stock of whores would probably move over to her place.

I don't think Hearst and Swearingen are neccessarily foes. Hearst volunteering to let Wu have the upper hand was a signal that he doesn't feel the need to step on toes-he just wants the mine and the money in it. That needn't trouble Swearingen. Plus, I think Al likes the guy.

Baby Lee
05-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Walcott killed himself. His entire identity was wrapped up in being Hearst's main man; when Hearst found out about his nocturnal activities and told Walcott they were through, there were tears in Walcott's eyes.
I just hope this development doesn't signal the continuation of Kovac and Sam dealing with him as the wierd kid's birth father over on ER.

Chiefnj
05-23-2005, 12:05 PM
If Cy goes down, Eddie can reappear in Deadwood and help Ms. Stubbs.

One of the biggest problem in season three will probably be Hearst against Alma. As civilization enters Deadwood the murders and general lawlessness that were rampant on the thoroughfare move behind closed doors and evolve into corporate treachery and bribes. A move from blue collar to white collar crime.

go bo
05-23-2005, 12:12 PM
I love Deadwood.

Some thoughts:

He hung himself, because he had nothing to live for.

If Tolliver is dead, then Joanie would likely take over his saloon, or at least his stock of whores would probably move over to her place.

I don't think Hearst and Swearingen are neccessarily foes. Hearst volunteering to let Wu have the upper hand was a signal that he doesn't feel the need to step on toes-he just wants the mine and the money in it. That needn't trouble Swearingen. Plus, I think Al likes the guy.i'm not sure, but i think it was captain what's-his-name that works for hearst...

killing walcott would avoid any further official inquiry and bad publicity for hearst...

plus the captain being the one who looked at the hanging wolcott right after he dropped, with a look of almost satisfaction; certainly not surprise at the sight of a hanging man...

and i think you're right about swear-djen and hearst, they'll get along fine...

Baby Lee
05-23-2005, 12:14 PM
Anyone speak Chinese and know the specifics of Wu's beef with SF corksoaker?

Chiefnj
05-23-2005, 12:16 PM
i'm not sure, but i think it was captain what's-his-name that works for hearst...

killing walcott would avoid any further official inquiry and bad publicity for hearst...

plus the captain being the one who looked at the hanging wolcott right after he dropped, with a look of almost satisfaction; certainly not surprise at the sight of a hanging man...

I thought Hearst's guy was looking for Wolcott when he found him swinging. Part of the story next year will probably be Cy's bluff about the existence of that letter.

KevB
05-23-2005, 01:45 PM
i'm not sure, but i think it was captain what's-his-name that works for hearst...

I don't think so. I believe Walcott was crafting his suicide note when they showed him writing at his desk in his room.

jeffrho68
05-23-2005, 01:58 PM
I don't think so. I believe Walcott was crafting his suicide note when they showed him writing at his desk in his room.My guess was that he offed himself. I think there was some rope coiled up on his desk when he was writing the letter. I'll have to watch that scene again tonight to verify though.

Iowanian
05-23-2005, 02:12 PM
This entire show was easily the best in the two years of DW... and my guess is that it was suicide, the only other feasible would have been for Hearst to have him killed, and Hearst's muscle was who found him...

Hurst sent his Captain to "visit" Wolcott. Hurst was pissed that he had killed the hookers, and had sullied his reputation. When he sent the Captain he said "Of course you'll see if there IS a Letter First"......

I took that as "before you eliminate his ass".

The real question is, what character will c@nthood eye-Jack come back as next season.

JimNasium
05-23-2005, 02:35 PM
My guess was that he offed himself. I think there was some rope coiled up on his desk when he was writing the letter. I'll have to watch that scene again tonight to verify though.
There was a coil of rope in the room. I figured that he was going to hang himself after that scene. I didn't expect it to happen when and how it did though.

Frazod
05-23-2005, 03:54 PM
The real question is, what character will c@nthood eye-Jack come back as next season.

Seriously. He's Deadwood's answer to Kenny. :D

KevB
05-23-2005, 05:09 PM
Hurst sent his Captain to "visit" Wolcott. Hurst was pissed that he had killed the hookers, and had sullied his reputation. When he sent the Captain he said "Of course you'll see if there IS a Letter First"......

I took that as "before you eliminate his ass".

Interesting. I took Hearst's comment to mean that he needed confirmation of the letter before he considered Cy's proposal.