PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Missouri!! plus Hey Saul!!

alanm
05-23-2005, 02:41 AM
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=1417932

The Nebraska Baseball team owes a big Thank You!! to the Missouri Tigers ball team for taking 2 out of 3 in Waco, Tx this weekend. That in itself was impressive indeed. Going into this weekend Nebraska was 2 games out of 1st. They needed to sweep Kansas St.(Which they did) but had to have some big help from Missouri and sweep Baylor in order to win the Big 12 outright. A most improbable senario. That the Tigers were able to take 2 from Baylor and win the series was more than I could have expected or hoped for. But by virtue of Baylor losing 2 they allowed Nebraska to tie for the Big 12 lead. AND since Baylor lost 2 out of 3 to Nebraska in a series earlier in the season Nebraska wins the Big 12 Conference Championship. So, being the Husker Homer that I am, my hat's off to the Huskers. 2005 Big 12 Champions!!!.

Not to mention that Creighton has won the Missouri Valley Conference crown and my old school, the University of Nebraska at Omaha won the North Central Conference to boot!!
All in all not a bad year for Nebraska baseball.

But it doesn't mean squat after Tuesday. The Road to Omaha begins Wednesday.

I would love to see both Nebraska and Creighton advance to the College World Series. It's a long shot but it could happen. But only if they aren't placed in the same regionals or super regionals. And they both manage to win both tournaments.

I know... No one gives a shit about College Baseball or Nebraska here on the Planet but maybe a couple of us Nebraskans. But Nebraska is a big Baseball state. And Damn It!! We've had a damn good year all around!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :) Hell I don't think that has ever happend before. That is, all three schools winning their conference championships at the same time. :hmmm: :)

Rausch
05-23-2005, 02:43 AM
As a side note, if I ever cheer for a team you like give up. They'll never win $#it.

It'll save you hours of suffering. Trust me.

That is all...

J Diddy
05-23-2005, 02:44 AM
As a side note, if I ever cheer for a team you like give up. They'll never win $#it.

That is all...

Please root for every team in the AFC west besides the Chiefs.

grandllama
05-23-2005, 02:56 AM
I guess this is a bad time to bring this up...

Mules baseball captured their sixth consecutive NCAA-II Central Regional championship on Saturday with a 10-1 win over Nebraska-Omaha. The victory at Crane Stadium-Tompkins Field in Warrensburg, Mo., sends CMSU to the NCAA-II Championships in Montgomery, Ala., for the 10th time in the last 12 seasons. The Mules, ranked number one in the latest NCAA-II Poll, scored three first inning runs on Saturday and put the game away with a five-run sixth inning to improve their record to 55-7. Josh Outman tossed six shutout innings to pick up his ninth consecutive win, and improve his record to 9-2. Brian McBryde and Tim VanMatre drove in three runs each for the Mules, who have now won 14 straight games. CMSU will open play in the NCAA-II Championships on Saturday, May 28th, against Florida Southern, winner of the South Regional. Game time and other championship information will announced by the NCAA on Monday.

So what was this bragging about Neb - Omaha?

GO MULES!

alanm
05-23-2005, 02:56 AM

That is all...
Hey it's playoff baseball. Regionals and if you make it, Super Regionals are 2 and out. Nebraska has great pitching this year. Good pitching ball clubs usually dominate this time of year. But 1st up the Big 12 Conference tournament which starts Wednesday. Then if you do well it's on to the regionals and beyond. :)

grandllama
05-23-2005, 02:58 AM
Hey it's playoff baseball. Regionals and if you make it, Super Regionals are 2 and out. Nebraska has great pitching this year. Good pitching ball clubs usually dominate this time of year. But 1st up the Big 12 Conference tournament which starts Wednesday. Then if you do well it's on to the regionals and beyond. :)

Baseball is the one thing that CMSU does good...we win the Div II world series two years ago, our coach goes to KState, and we just keep kicking ass.... this is actually a pretty cool time to live in the 'Burg.. nobody goes to Royals games, we all go to the NCAA tournaments down at our field...

alanm
05-23-2005, 03:01 AM

Mules baseball captured their sixth consecutive NCAA-II Central Regional championship on Saturday with a 10-1 win over Nebraska-Omaha. The victory at Crane Stadium-Tompkins Field in Warrensburg, Mo., sends CMSU to the NCAA-II Championships in Montgomery, Ala., for the 10th time in the last 12 seasons. The Mules, ranked number one in the latest NCAA-II Poll, scored three first inning runs on Saturday and put the game away with a five-run sixth inning to improve their record to 55-7. Josh Outman tossed six shutout innings to pick up his ninth consecutive win, and improve his record to 9-2. Brian McBryde and Tim VanMatre drove in three runs each for the Mules, who have now won 14 straight games. CMSU will open play in the NCAA-II Championships on Saturday, May 28th, against Florida Southern, winner of the South Regional. Game time and other championship information will announced by the NCAA on Monday.
Yeah I know. Their the 1st team to bite the dust. But Creighton and Nebraska are the ones I'm most interested in. But UNO had a great year too!. Hell, they haven't exactly played great ball in years. They've been pretty average.

grandllama
05-23-2005, 03:06 AM
Yeah I know. Their the 1st team to bite the dust. But Creighton and Nebraska are the ones I'm most interested in. But UNO had a great year too!. Hell, they haven't exactly played great ball in years. They've been pretty average.

As I've said many times on the other end of the stick, there is no shame is getting beat by the number one team in the nation...

It's just pretty damn cool when you're the number one team ;)

alanm
05-23-2005, 03:10 AM

So what was this bragging about Neb - Omaha?

GO MULES!
A little bragging anyway. Nebraska is a big baseball state. It's second to football. Plus High school and Legion team and on up is pretty big in the state. Plus the talent level of ball played and players are consistantly some of the best in the nation. And has been for a long time. Quite a few Nebraskans in the Baseball Hall of Fame.

grandllama
05-23-2005, 03:12 AM
A little bragging anyway. Nebraska is a big baseball state. It's second to football. Plus High school and Legion team and on up is pretty big in the state. Plus the talent level of ball played and players are consistantly some of the best in the nation. And has been for a long time. Quite a few Nebraskans in the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Yeah, didn't Ken Harvey play at Nebraska? ROFL

Just kidding... I know the legion teams up there by experience... Neb. teams always kicked our asses...

alanm
05-23-2005, 03:19 AM
Yeah, didn't Ken Harvey play at Nebraska? ROFL

Just kidding... I know the legion teams up there by experience... Neb. teams always kicked our asses...
Yeah Ken was a Husker. And so was Darin Erstad. Harvey destroyed college pitching. And FWIW Harvey's capable of doing the same thing in the major leagues. He needs to get his ass off the dl and get over the mental aspect of being intimidated by major league pitchers. That's his biggest problem. He goes up to the plate afraid. :shake: