PDA

View Full Version : Len Pasquerelli writes "Soldier of Misfortune"

chagrin
05-23-2005, 10:47 AM
On ESPN.com's nfl page. It is pretty funny, just a small tidbit from the article that had me rolling here at work...

Remember, this is a player who was supposed to redefine the tight end position, just as his Hall of Fame father had done a generation ago. Instead, the younger Winslow might never be even a reasonable facsimile of his old man now, having opted instead to redefine irresponsibility. The second incarnation, indeed, looks like a cloning experiment gone amok.

Suddenly, the self-proclaimed "soldier," who will have played just two games during his first two seasons in the league, looks more like a soldier of misfortune. The "Warrior" is wounded, "The Chosen One" a chucklehead. There are no guarantees now that Winslow won't be simply the latest first-round bust for a franchise whose new football regime is trying to bury the history of past drafts.

And, for that, Kellen Winslow ought to be busted.

Ghost
05-23-2005, 10:56 AM
Remember, Cleveland's draft misfortune is Denver's secret to the promised land, just ask a donk fan.

Garcia Bronco
05-23-2005, 11:30 AM
Remember, Cleveland's draft misfortune is Denver's secret to the promised land, just ask a donk fan.

How so?

Ghost
05-23-2005, 11:40 AM
How so?

You really want me to answer this?

I'm confused...

Simplex3
05-23-2005, 11:53 AM
How so?
Think "horse face" and "paid under the table to avoid the salary cap hit".

Fat Elvis
05-23-2005, 12:05 PM

Think more recently; the Browns D-line is now in Donkeyland.

chagrin
04-18-2020, 06:01 AM
Sometimes it's fun to look back on a player's potential, and hype

HemiEd
04-18-2020, 06:59 AM

Been 9 years since Simplex has posted, miss him. Good to see you post Chagrin even if you did bump an ancient thread.