PDA

View Full Version : Sweeney open to trade

eazyb81
05-25-2005, 08:06 AM
This certainly increases the odds that we will be able to find a suitor for Sweeney...

from the Fort Worth Star-Telegram:

"If I could win, I'll do anything I can," Sweeney said. "Right now, this is my 11th season here in Kansas City in the big leagues, and I haven't tasted the playoffs yet. And I would love to do that. So if a team tells me, 'This is the direction of the team, and we think you could fit and you could be a key to our playoff run,' then I'll do whatever they ask me."

Sweeney said he does not regret re-signing with Kansas City, and won't be disappointed to stay there because he realizes his veteran presence can help the younger players.

However, it could also help a playoff contender such as Texas.

Sweeney has a limited no-trade clause that allows him to veto a trade to all but eight teams he named when he signed the contract in March 2002. The Rangers are not on that list since the California native listed all five California teams, the Seattle Mariners, the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Chicago Cubs. However, he says he would be open to coming to Texas.

KChiefs1
05-25-2005, 08:18 AM
I heard the Angels are also interested in him too.

eazyb81
05-25-2005, 08:22 AM
The Angels are interested in him, but they were already on his pre-approved list of teams he could be traded to. Now that he has said that he would be open to a trade to teams not on the list, that increases the odds that we will find a suitable trading partner for him.

Right now I would say it is 50/50 on whether or not he will be traded.