05-25-2005, 10:39 AM
per ESPNews.

ROFL

chagrin
05-25-2005, 10:42 AM
per ESPNews.

ROFL

Finally, someone :Bartee: can cover!

Really though, isnt there a yawning smiley for this somewhere?

Katie
05-25-2005, 10:43 AM
I appreciate the guys love of the game, but sheesh, is he EVER going to retire?

TRR
05-25-2005, 10:47 AM
That's really too bad. I was hoping he would retire. I don't even remember Rice as a 49er now. All I remember is his struggles with the Raiders, Seahawks, and now Denver.

Too bad really.

eazyb81
What an offseason for the Donkeys: Gerard Warren, Courtney Brown, Maurice Clarett, and now Jerry Rice.

You can't make this stuff up.

Braincase
Let's hope he's taking a huge chunk of their variable salary cap.

MOhillbilly
05-25-2005, 10:48 AM
harharharROFL

Skip Towne
05-25-2005, 11:04 AM
:ZZZ:

BigRedChief
05-25-2005, 11:09 AM
:ZZZ:

WTF Skip this is not a snoozer. This is great news. Burntee may even be able to cover this reciever.

Phobia
05-25-2005, 11:15 AM
The Broncos are just using the signing to increase the number of Broncos in the HOF. Pretty smart.

chiefs4me
05-25-2005, 11:24 AM
wow..how desperate can he be for money or football to sign with the donkey's.....

Bwana
05-25-2005, 11:45 AM
Seriously, that's kind of sad. The guy should have retired.

keg in kc
05-25-2005, 11:48 AM
We're moments from donkey homers crawling out of the woodwork to tell us how awesome this move is and how it will rejuvinate the offense and joke plummer will no longer be an interception machine.

Warrior5
05-25-2005, 11:57 AM
We're moments from donkey homers crawling out of the woodwork to tell us how awesome this move is and how it will rejuvinate the offense and joke plummer will no longer be an interception machine.

...mere moments.

InChiefsHell
05-25-2005, 11:58 AM
what is he doing, touring the AFC west? Yeah, I know that doesn't include Seattle any more, but he probably doesn't realize that...

...sad. Dude needs to retire.

...having said that, would anyone here have signed him for a cheap price to mentor our young recievers?

Boardin Bronco
05-25-2005, 11:59 AM
This signing very well might be Willie Mays in a Met uniform but looking back at Rice's career, he only has one bad season in 19 years (2004).

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1291

If Steve DeBerg or Ray Brown play well into their 40s, nobody seems to care about their "legacies". If a future HOF player like Rice or Emmitt is perfectly content with "just being one of the guys" its a bad thing. Rice is a football player. This is what he likes to do. If Rice likes being a "role" player and he's happy, why should anybody give a shit. He doesn't have to live up to your standards, your perception of him. He's his own man.

Bwana
05-25-2005, 12:06 PM
He's his own man.

So was Muhammad Ali.

Goapics1
05-25-2005, 12:09 PM
What an offseason for the Donkeys: Gerard Warren, Courtney Brown, Maurice Clarett, and now Jerry Rice.

You can't make this stuff up.

I believe Shanahan has officially lost his mind.

chiefkdawg
05-25-2005, 12:09 PM
seriously though donko fans, signing Relic oops i mean Rice probably is your best offseason move so far

HC_Chief
05-25-2005, 12:10 PM
hahahahaha

The donks are going to suck mucho ass

Wallcrawler
05-25-2005, 12:28 PM
Rice isnt on the active roster yet. He still has to win the job. I know the guy is the greatest receiver in league history and all, but he is still a 42 year old receiver competing with guys literally half his age for a spot on the roster.

If he wants to play, I say let him play, but it does kinda suck to see a guy with all of his accolades now having to move from team to team just to keep playing. The move to Oakland wasnt so bad, at least he returned to the Superbowl with that team. But the short stay in Seattle, and now bouncing to Denver, as well as his agent sending out letters to all 32 teams practicly begging for work just makes him look bad, and you have to wonder how much longer he is going to play under these circumstances.

Im not even sure what role he could have in the offense. Hes lost more than a couple of steps. I guess he could be a situational receiver, kinda like Ricky Proehl is where if you just need around 8-10 yards, he can get that for you.

Personally, I think he should just call it a career and be done with it, and enter the Hall of fame in 2010, because you know this guy is a lock to get in first time out. If he keeps going, there will be many people who will just focus on his struggles in the latter part of his career, rather than what he has accomplished over the entire span.

Wonder what number he is going to wear? I dont see Rod Smith giving up #80 very easily.

Eleazar
05-25-2005, 12:28 PM
Start printing playoff tickets!

Perhaps Sammy Knight can convince him to retire.

BigChiefFan
05-25-2005, 12:30 PM
I respect the Hell out of Rice, but I think he needs to seriously consider retirement.

Rain Man
05-25-2005, 12:36 PM
He's also changing his first name to "Jerryatric".

Phobia
05-25-2005, 12:36 PM
what is he doing, touring the AFC west?

He's staying in the AFCW for that Bartee matchup.

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 12:41 PM

This is the greatest signing evah!

chagrin
05-25-2005, 12:44 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAAA

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 12:44 PM
hahahahaha

The donks are going to suck mucho ass

You've been saying this for like 5 years now...maybe one day you'll be right....but not today.

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 12:47 PM
If Rice can make the roster...why should he retire? People said the same shit when Joe Montana...the second greatest QB of all time went to the Chokes. Damn that Lin Elliot. :evil:

The Bad Guy
05-25-2005, 12:59 PM
If Rice can make the roster...why should he retire? People said the same shit when Joe Montana...the second greatest QB of all time went to the Chokes. Damn that Lin Elliot. :evil:

That's about the worst comparison I have ever heard.

Montana was effective and a starter, Rice is an after thought and a 4th receiver hanging on by a thread.

The receiver starved 49ers didn't want him back.

He's finished. It would figure the Broncos would take a flier on him. Now if they could only find a QB to throw him the ball once in every 15 pass attempts.

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 01:07 PM
That's about the worst comparison I have ever heard.

Montana was effective and a starter, Rice is an after thought and a 4th receiver hanging on by a thread.

The receiver starved 49ers didn't want him back.

He's finished. It would figure the Broncos would take a flier on him. Now if they could only find a QB to throw him the ball once in every 15 pass attempts.

It doesn't matter about how Joe played after he signed with the Chiefs....the point is...people said he should hang it up...why? If Rice or Joe can earn a roster spot....then so be it.

We've got a QB that can throw to him...his name is Jake Plummer...who's 3-1 against your chokes. Yeah he had a number of INT's last season...most from receivers trying to catch the ball twice...it's not like he threw 24...which is the current AFC west record among active QB's held by Trent Green.

HC_Chief
05-25-2005, 01:10 PM
You've been saying this for like 5 years now...maybe one day you'll be right....but not today.
They have sucked for the past 5 years... where you been?

InChiefsHell
05-25-2005, 01:13 PM
It doesn't matter about how Joe played after he signed with the Chiefs....the point is...people said he should hang it up...why? If Rice or Joe can earn a roster spot....then so be it.

We've got a QB that can throw to him...his name is Jake Plummer...who's 3-1 against your chokes. Yeah he had a number of INT's last season...most from receivers trying to catch the ball twice...it's not like he threw 24...which is the current AFC west record among active QB's held by Trent Green.

Uh...2-2 dude. Let's not kill ourselves with delusions of grandeur...

24 pics by Trent...yup...4 years ago. After that, steady improvement...I mean hell, Trent has a 2-2 record against your Donks...(Its a counting thing...you'll get it.)

Don't go down the whole "Who is the better QB road...Trent owns Joke Plummer...check the stats...

Nightfyre
05-25-2005, 01:17 PM

24 pics by Trent...yup...4 years ago. After that, steady improvement...I mean hell, Trent has a 2-2 record against your Donks...(Its a counting thing...you'll get it.)

Don't go down the whole "Who is the better QB road...Trent owns Joke Plummer...check the stats...
You know, I always conclude an argument like this one with "45-17"

InChiefsHell
05-25-2005, 01:23 PM
Good point. In fact, really the only bright spot from last season...

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 01:30 PM
They have sucked for the past 5 years... where you been?

If we've sucked...you've been worse...and you know it.

Brock
05-25-2005, 01:31 PM

True, and so what.

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 01:31 PM

My arse...stats don't tell the whole tale...but you go on believing as you wish. But what's it going to be like when you finish dead last again?

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 01:32 PM
You know, I always conclude an argument like this one with "45-17"

To which I conclude...14-10...playoffs...your house....and then we hoisted the mother of all trophies.

TEX
05-25-2005, 01:49 PM
To which I conclude...14-10...playoffs...your house....and then we hoisted the mother of all trophies.

To which I conclude that you had to CHEAT. Was Gonzo forced to land out of bounds in the endzone? Who was it again that got called for holding on a field goal and 3 more points were taken off the board? Did you violate the salary cap? Oh - I know you guys really didn't get an advantage doing it - you just did it for the heck of it - TWICE! :hmmm:

chiefkdawg
05-25-2005, 01:55 PM
dude that was like 8 yrs. ago! But I guess I can understand you still chewing on that nugget cuz there seems to be nothing to look FORWARD to in mile high

The Bad Guy
05-25-2005, 02:01 PM

When Jake Plummer has to throw to Chris Thomas and Snoop Minnis, then you can make the comparison between him and Trent's 24 INTs in 2001.

5 times in 8 seasons, Plummer has had over 20 ints in a season.

5 times. That's hysterical. And another thing He's 2-2, not 3-1, against one of the worst secondaries in NFL history. Congratulations.

Keep stroking your ego about this Rice signing and keep telling yourself you have a capable QB to get him the ball.

Rain Man
05-25-2005, 02:02 PM

I think the opposite was shown by a 20-year study recently released by the National Academy of Science.

I can't find a link for it at the moment.

The Bad Guy
05-25-2005, 02:05 PM
My arse...stats don't tell the whole tale...but you go on believing as you wish. But what's it going to be like when you finish dead last again?

Put your money where your mouth is smart guy.

I'll put 50 up right now that says the Chiefs don't finish dead last.

Lets see if you have the balls to back up your stupid ass smack.

I don't think you do. Once upon a time, your smack was actually good on this board. Now it's like watching the fat slow kid getting picked over in a 2nd grade dodgeball game.

RealSNR
05-25-2005, 02:06 PM
My arse...stats don't tell the whole tale...but you go on believing as you wish. But what's it going to be like when you finish dead last again?Why is it stats don't mean shit when it comes to Jake Plummer, but are good for comparing any other player in the league?

Neither QB has won a playoff game in his time with his respective team. Unless we're talking about a guy like Tom Brady, which Plummer certainly isn't, stats are good for 90% of the argument, I would say.

One last question.... what is this "hidden quality" the numbers don't show that Plummer has but Trent doesn't?

Oh, and Donks suck :p

RealSNR
05-25-2005, 02:07 PM
And I don't think Rice should hang it up. He's still got a lot of athleticism in him for a 40+ year old. Hell, he's faster than the Bronco's new rookie RB!

NJ Chief Fan
05-25-2005, 02:11 PM
never liked rice hate him even more now...hell be the first player on the field using a wheel chair

ps the broncos arent doin anything this season
ITS OUR TIME TO SHINE!

Hammock Parties
05-25-2005, 02:17 PM
I know why Rice is refusing to retire.

He wants 3 more touchdowns, giving him 200 for his career.

Rain Man
05-25-2005, 02:25 PM

You've got to admit, garcia, he makes a good point here.

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 02:29 PM
To which I conclude that you had to CHEAT. Was Gonzo forced to land out of bounds in the endzone? Who was it again that got called for holding on a field goal and 3 more points were taken off the board? Did you violate the salary cap? Oh - I know you guys really didn't get an advantage doing it - you just did it for the heck of it - TWICE! :hmmm:

Yeah right...but in the end...the Broncos lined up against your Chiefs and put them down.

Red Dawg
05-25-2005, 02:30 PM
Who cares? Rice can do nothing for them. Great addition along with Ron Dayne. NOT!

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 02:31 PM
dude that was like 8 yrs. ago! But I guess I can understand you still chewing on that nugget cuz there seems to be nothing to look FORWARD to in mile high

8 years ago and still as great now as it was then

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 02:36 PM
When Jake Plummer has to throw to Chris Thomas and Snoop Minnis, then you can make the comparison between him and Trent's 24 INTs in 2001.

5 times in 8 seasons, Plummer has had over 20 ints in a season.

5 times. That's hysterical. And another thing He's 2-2, not 3-1, against one of the worst secondaries in NFL history. Congratulations.

Keep stroking your ego about this Rice signing and keep telling yourself you have a capable QB to get him the ball.

Basically the AZ stuff doesn't count because it's a terrible place for football. Look at the diffence in wins from AZ to the Broncos...it's another world. In many ways...and Jake has admitted as much....he's like a third year vet. Same with Trent Green...did you see dude play in Washington...he was terrible. And slowly...he's gotten better. People talk about the left handed pass......I remember the flail by Green to Tait in the season opener....it's the same crap...because in many ways...they're the same QB.

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 02:37 PM
Put your money where your mouth is smart guy.

I'll put 50 up right now that says the Chiefs don't finish dead last.

Lets see if you have the balls to back up your stupid ass smack.

I don't think you do. Once upon a time, your smack was actually good on this board. Now it's like watching the fat slow kid getting picked over in a 2nd grade dodgeball game.

Oy veh....

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 02:40 PM
Why is it stats don't mean shit when it comes to Jake Plummer, but are good for comparing any other player in the league?

Neither QB has won a playoff game in his time with his respective team. Unless we're talking about a guy like Tom Brady, which Plummer certainly isn't, stats are good for 90% of the argument, I would say.

One last question.... what is this "hidden quality" the numbers don't show that Plummer has but Trent doesn't?

I said they don't always tell the tale...

The hidden quality...isn't hidden....it's plain as day...your guy is a choke...my guy is a Bronco...and the Bad Guy......he's just a bad guy. :)

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 02:41 PM
And I don't think Rice should hang it up. He's still got a lot of athleticism in him for a 40+ year old. Hell, he's faster than the Bronco's new rookie RB!

I don't know about that....but I think Clarrett will be a good edition. How that works out is another story...but as the seasons pass..It hink people will start to realize we got a first round talent in the third round. I could be wrong. But that rarely happens.

Hammock Parties
05-25-2005, 02:42 PM
Same with Trent Green...did you see dude play in Washington...he was terrible. And slowly...he's gotten better. People talk about the left handed pass......I remember the flail by Green to Tait in the season opener....it's the same crap...because in many ways...they're the same QB.

You ****ING IDIOT!

Trent Green threw 23 touchdowns against 11 interceptions in Washington.

God, you are a DUMBASS!

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 02:43 PM
never liked rice hate him even more now...hell be the first player on the field using a wheel chair

ps the broncos arent doin anything this season
ITS OUR TIME TO SHINE!

Your window is almost shut...but I think the Chiefs might bring home the silver....probably will be someplace in california....but I hope not.

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 02:45 PM
You ****ING IDIOT!

Trent Green threw 23 touchdowns against 11 interceptions in Washington.

God, you are a DUMBASS!
That may be.....but the Redskins didn't win...plus he was splitting time with Frerotte....trust me...I live in Virginia...I saw it all. If he was so good...why was he release/traded?......Like I said earlier...stats don't tell the tale. Like the time Holmes amassed 307 yards in a game...amazing....but the Chokes still lost....awesome.

HC_Chief
05-25-2005, 02:46 PM

Only on defense, donkboy. ;)

Rain Man
05-25-2005, 02:52 PM
...because in many ways...they're the same QB.

TAKE THAT BACK! TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW!

Skip Towne
05-25-2005, 02:55 PM
I don't know about that....but I think Clarrett will be a good edition. How that works out is another story...but as the seasons pass..It hink people will start to realize we got a first round talent in the third round. I could be wrong. But that rarely happens.
A good edition? Ignorant Donx.

Hammock Parties
That may be.....but the Redskins didn't win...plus he was splitting time with Frerotte....trust me...I live in Virginia...I saw it all. If he was so good...why was he release/traded?......Like I said earlier...stats don't tell the tale. Like the time Holmes amassed 307 yards in a game...amazing....but the Chokes still lost....awesome.

You know why they didn't win? They had a horrible defense that year. Trent's been cursed with a horrible defense every year he's been a starting QB. It's so unfair.

Garcia Bronco
Only on defense, donkboy. ;)

Definitely better on offense for the chokes...barely....but it doesn't net you anything.

beavis
05-25-2005, 02:56 PM
If he was so good...why was he release/traded
If I'm not mistaken, he signed with St. Louis as a free agent.

keg in kc
05-25-2005, 03:03 PM
That maybe.....but the Redskins didn't win...plus he was splitting time with Frerotte....trust me...I live in Virginia...I saw it all. If he was so good...why was he release/traded?......Like I said earlier...stats don't tell the tale. Like the time Holmes amassed 307 yards in a game...amazing....but the Chokes still lost....awesome.I was in Virginia then, too. And stats certainly don't tell the tale. His o-line was so bad that the guy was lucky if he had a half second to get a throw off. He didn't have any capable receivers or a legitimate threat in the backfield. He went to St. Louis because Martz and Vermeil both wanted him and signed him to a nice contract. He was on fire in the '99 preseason before Harrison took him down. He then played well for the Rams in '00 after we knocked Warner out.

You can say what you want about him in '01. The problems at receiver are well established, but the line wasn't where it is today, either. Roaf wasn't here and Tait looked like shit at left tackle. Waters and Wiegman weren't playing close to the level they are now. We didn't know what we had in Holmes until about a quarter into the season. Once the pieces started to fall into place, the guy excelled. Three years now with a rating over 90. Average over that time of 4100 yards passing, 25 TD and 14 INTs.

Plummers numbers don't - can't - compete with that in any way, shape or form. What he was for Denver last year is about the very best you can expect from him in 500+ attempts: completing less than 60% of his passes and throwing around 20 INTs. 2005 was pretty much a career year for him. Because what you got -- well, that's what he is, that's what he's always been and that's what he'll continue to be in the future.

stevieray
05-25-2005, 03:03 PM
You know your team sucks when you have to pimp a 42 year old WR to validate your QB.

Hammock Parties
05-25-2005, 03:06 PM
Once the pieces started to fall into place, the guy excelled. Three years now with a rating over 90. Average over that time of 4100 yards passing, 25 TD and 14 INTs.

Plummers numbers don't - can't - compete with that in any way, shape or form.

Yep.

Hammock Parties
05-25-2005, 03:06 PM
You know your team sucks when you have to pimp a 42 year old WR to validate your QB.

Rep for my #1 DonkeyHater!

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 03:13 PM
You know why they didn't win? They had a horrible defense that year. Trent's been cursed with a horrible defense every year he's been a starting QB. It's so unfair.

the defense wasn't the greatest...but still....he didn't play well. I watched them all. Every last one.....and one in person. Turner was yanking him out...putting in Freotte...pulling Frerotte...putting in Green...it was a mess. And another thing.....they still didn't win...why did it take him 7 or so seasons to get on the field?

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 03:23 PM

Hey guy...I didn't start the thread.

stevieray
05-25-2005, 03:27 PM
We've got a QB that can throw to him...his name is Jake Plummer.

sorry, I don't see anyone else sticking up for Plummint.

Hammock Parties
05-25-2005, 03:27 PM
the defense wasn't the greatest...but still....he didn't play well. I watched them all. Every last one.....and one in person. Turner was yanking him out...putting in Freotte...pulling Frerotte...putting in Green...it was a mess. And another thing.....they still didn't win...why did it take him 7 or so seasons to get on the field?

Who cares? The dude's been great every year but one.

It's interesting that you seem to think Frerotte and Green shared time that year. Green had 509 pass attempts. Frerotte had 54. Another hole in your bullshit story.

The Bad Guy
05-25-2005, 03:32 PM

More genius logic.

So basically anyone who takes a while to blossom into an NFL starter is a questionable player?

You defend a QB who has thrown 20 or more picks in over half of his NFL seasons, but you want to discredit Trent Green because it took him a while to become a starter?

I guess we should start wondering about Jake Delhomme then too.

RedNFeisty
05-25-2005, 03:34 PM
Wow, what a sad day when Jerry Rice becomes a Bronco. :shake:

keg in kc
05-25-2005, 03:39 PM

It's interesting that you seem to think Frerotte and Green shared time that year. Green had 509 pass attempts. Frerotte had 54. Another hole in your bullshit story.That story he told about them sharing time wasn't true. As I recall, Frerotte hurt his shoulder the opening game and then didn't see the field again at all until week 6. He started that game, against the Eagles I think, but didn't play well enough to keep his job. I may be confused on this, but I think the next week, against the Vikings, the two split some time, but other than that Green started and played every down of every other game that year.

Deberg_1990
05-25-2005, 03:48 PM
Plummers numbers don't - can't - compete with that in any way, shape or form. What he was for Denver last year is about the very best you can expect from him in 500+ attempts: completing less than 60% of his passes and throwing around 20 INTs. 2005 was pretty much a career year for him. Because what you got -- well, that's what he is, that's what he's always been and that's what he'll continue to be in the future.

Very well said. Exactly true about Plummer. I thought he would change after joing the Broncos but he simply hasnt. In all fairness to Garcia Bronco though. Green does have a bad habit of throwing untimely INT's. Hes pissed me off a number of times. having said that, hes still worlds better than Plummer.

keg in kc
05-25-2005, 03:48 PM
All this talk about the '98 skins is giving me flashbacks to that division that year. That may have been the worst division I've ever seen in the NFL. The Redskins were one of the worst teams I've ever seen, but the Eagles were even worse. The Giants were crap. The cardinals were pretty much as lousy as always, too, but somehow managed to finish over .500. The Cowboys won by attrition. Then, I think, that was the year the 'nulls upset the cowboys in the playoffs. None of the teams were any good. That was painful football to watch. Thank god I moved to KC and never had to watch NFC football again. I didn't realize how bad it was until I got away from it.

bogie
05-25-2005, 03:51 PM
Damb! I liked Rice. I was hoping he would retire, but if he did play I was hoping his swan song would turn out well. Now, I hope he sucks because he's a cheatin' donk. One more thing that the donks have done to piss me off! I can't wait till Sept. 26th and Dec. 4th when we embarrass the donks in front of the nation.

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 03:51 PM

It's interesting that you seem to think Frerotte and Green shared time that year. Green had 509 pass attempts. Frerotte had 54. Another hole in your bullshit story.

Did you see the games?

Hammock Parties
05-25-2005, 03:53 PM
Did you see the games?

You're full of shit.

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 03:55 PM
More genius logic.

So basically anyone who takes a while to blossom into an NFL starter is a questionable player?

Hey pal...you're the one that defensive about Green...not me

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 03:58 PM
You're full of shit.

Perhaps...but no more so than anyone else.

milkman
Did you see the games?

Does it really matter if he saw the games.
Your post implies that they shared time.
The numbers gochiefs posted clearly prove that your implication is patently false.

Deberg_1990
Hey pal...you're the one that defensive about Green...not me

You can honestly in good faith proclaim Jake Plummer better than Green? Come on man, even a Bronco fan cant be that dumb? For instance, I liked Grbac for a time but I never for a moment thought he was ever better than Elway.

keg in kc
05-25-2005, 04:00 PM
I liked Grbac for a time but I never for a moment thought he was ever better than Elway.You're not a REAL fan.

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 04:03 PM
That story he told about them sharing time wasn't true. As I recall, Frerotte hurt his shoulder the opening game and then didn't see the field again at all until week 6. He started that game, against the Eagles I think, but didn't play well enough to keep his job. I may be confused on this, but I think the next week, against the Vikings, the two split some time, but other than that Green started and played every down of every other game that year.

It was the same year Frerotte put his head in the wall in the OT game against the Giants....the game was a tie.

Deberg_1990
05-25-2005, 04:04 PM
You're not a REAL fan.

hahah...nope, im as big a fan as anyone on this board, but im not a "Homer" IM a realist

keg in kc
05-25-2005, 04:05 PM
It was the same year Frerotte put his head in the wall in the OT game against the Giants....the game was a tie.No, that was the year before, 1997.

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 04:06 PM
Does it really matter if he saw the games.
Your post implies that they shared time.
The numbers gochiefs posted clearly prove that your implication is patently false.

They shared time. There was no clear cut starter. That's the point.

Hammock Parties
05-25-2005, 04:08 PM

The point is, you're full of donkey poo. 509 attempts vs 54 attempts is NOT sharing time.

Deberg_1990
05-25-2005, 04:09 PM

point of what?? This was 7 years ago. Who cares?? What matters now is Green is a top 10 NFL QB.

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 04:10 PM
You can honestly in good faith proclaim Jake Plummer better than Green? Come on man, even a Bronco fan cant be that dumb? For instance, I liked Grbac for a time but I never for a moment thought he was ever better than Elway.

Aspects of their game is better than the other..e.g...Green is a better pocket passer....Plummer is better on the run....but really overall...I think we're talking about the same guy. That's my opinion. Plummer has had less success in a way...but just like Green..until a point...niether had very good coaching IMO.

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 04:11 PM
No, that was the year before, 1997.

Yes...you're correct.

Hammock Parties
05-25-2005, 04:11 PM
Aspects of their game is better than the other..e.g...Green is a better pocket passer....Plummer is better on the run....but really overall...I think we're talking about the same guy. That's my opinion. Plummer has had less success in a way...but just like Green..until a point...niether had very good coaching IMO.

Except that Green had numbers comparable to Peyton Manning the last three years and Plummer....uh... ROFL

keg in kc
05-25-2005, 04:12 PM
They shared time. There was no clear cut starter. That's the point.You're getting your years mixed up. Green started 14 games in '98.

Week 1: Giants - Frerotte hurts his shoulder, Green comes in
Week 2: SF - Green starts
Week 3: Seattle - Green starts
Week 4: Denver - Green starts
Week 5: Dallas - Green starts
Week 6: Philadelphia - Green starts, team only scores a FG in the first half, Frerotte comes in
Week 7: Minnesota - Frerotte starts, worst game of the year for the offense

Bye week

Week 9: Giants - Green starts, team's first win

Green starts the rest of the year, Frerotte doesn't play again.

Deberg_1990
05-25-2005, 04:13 PM
neither had very good coaching IMO.

So this means you are not only dissing the Chiefs coaching staff but Mike Shanahan as well?? WTF???

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 04:13 PM
The point is, you're full of donkey poo. 509 attempts vs 54 attempts is NOT sharing time. They shared time...

Like I asked....did you see the games? Follow the news then on the Redskins? Perhaps in 1997 you were secretly hoping Green would play two seasons for the Rams and then be a Chief? Keg even told you...the only way Green became the clear cut starter is for Gus to injure himself and not be able to play. LOL

Gus Frerotte

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 04:14 PM
So this means you are not only dissing the Chiefs coaching staff but Mike Shanahan as well?? WTF???

Before Green was with Vermeil...before Plummer was with Shanahan...

milkman
05-25-2005, 04:15 PM

54 passes is less than 4 per game over a 16 game season.
It's only 13.5 in 4 games.
So at best, Freotte started 4 games, more likely 3.

Which leaves a minimum of 12 games started, and more likely 13, by Green.

That simply doesn't add up to "shared time".

Maybe you could argue that Green wasn't the clear cut starter to begin the season, but it was pretty clear by season's end.

Hammock Parties
05-25-2005, 04:16 PM
They shared time...

Like I asked....did you see the games? Follow the news then on the Redskins? Perhaps in 1997 you were secretly hoping Green would play two seasons for the Rams and then be a Chief? Keg even told you...the only way Green became the clear cut starter is for Gus to injure himself and not be able to play. LOL

Gus Frerotte

Keep digging the hole...everyone can see you are clearly a moron but yourself.

StcChief
I'd like to see Rice get the TDs need to make the 200 TDs. Not against the Chiefs.

Then take a hit, call it quits.

Deberg_1990
Before Green was with Vermeil...before Plummer was with Shanahan...

Green was coached by Norv Turner and Mike Martz. While I think they suck as Head coaches, they are pretty much acknowledged as some of the best NFL QB coaches. Try again......

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 04:18 PM
point of what?? This was 7 years ago. Who cares?? What matters now is Green is a top 10 NFL QB.

In terms of yards...Green was number 2....Plummer was number 4. Both threw 27 tds. Plummer had 20 ints...Green had 17...LOL..Rating
?...A difference of 10 points.

Hammock Parties
05-25-2005, 04:20 PM
In terms of yards...Green was number 2....Plummer was number 4. Both threw 27 tds. Plummer had 20 ints...Green had 17...LOL..Rating
?...A difference of 10 points.

10 points is pretty substantial. Anyway, Plummer was at his very best last year and still threw 20 interceptions. Shitty.

And of course...let's not forget Green's two other stellar years in KC.

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 04:21 PM
Green was coached by Norv Turner and Mike Martz. While I think they suck as Head coaches, they are pretty much acknowledged as some of the best NFL QB coaches. Try again......

Though Martz wasn't his head coach.....Turner was...and that what we're talking about ...his days with the Redskins under Turner....who's best known for his work with the Boys in the early 90's.

keg in kc
05-25-2005, 04:21 PM
Aspects of their game is better than the other..e.g...Green is a better pocket passer....Plummer is better on the run....but really overall...I think we're talking about the same guy. That's my opinion. Plummer has had less success in a way...but just like Green..until a point...niether had very good coaching IMO.I don't think they're the same guy at all. To me, Plummer doesn't have it upstairs. Green is smart. Although he's also a great deal more accurate when he has the time to throw. Plummer has better mobility and a stronger (but wilder) arm, but he just can't seem to read defenses. Green has his problems, sometimes he's force things into coverage when he shouldn't. But Plummer will just throw the ball up for grabs, whether there's somebody in the area or not. It's amazing to watch sometimes.

I don't think they could be more different, really. Green's the veteran with limited athletic ability that suvives on guile and an encyclopedic knowledge of the playbook, while Plummer is the million dollar athlete with the ten-cent head who can sometimes get by on his talent but will kill you at the worst possible moment.

milkman
05-25-2005, 04:22 PM
Though Martz wasn't his head coach.....Turner was...and that what we're talking about ...his days with the Redskins under Turner....who's best known for his work with the Boys in the early 90's.

Martz was his OC in DC.

keg in kc
05-25-2005, 04:23 PM
Though Martz wasn't his head coach.....Turner was...and that what we're talking about ...his days with the Redskins under Turner....who's best known for his work with the Boys in the early 90's.Martz was the QB coach in Washington for two years before he went to OC the rams.

stevieray
05-25-2005, 04:23 PM
They shared time...

Gus Frerotte

IIRC, in the same season, you paid for plummint and paid millions to greaseme when he was playing for the Dolphins..maybe even the bucs? Brister, Greaseme, Ferrotte, Buerline and Plummer...five qb's in six years.

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 04:24 PM
I don't think they're the same guy at all. To me, Plummer doesn't have it upstairs. Green is smart. Although he's also a great deal more accurate when he has the time to throw. Plummer has better mobility and a stronger (but wilder) arm, but he just can't seem to read defenses. Green has his problems, sometimes he's force things into coverage when he shouldn't. But Plummer will just throw the ball up for grabs, whether there's somebody in the area or not. It's amazing to watch sometimes.

I don't think they could be more different, really. Green's the veteran with limited athletic ability that suvives on guile and an encyclopedic knowledge of the playbook, while Plummer is the million dollar athlete with the ten-cent head who can sometimes get by on his talent but will kill you at the worst possible moment.
Plummer is getting better at reading defenses...I noticed it last year. I want to say at least 10 of his int's were off of tip balls by his own receivers. Plummer doesn't throw the ball up for grabs anymore...or it would be accurate to say...not as much as he did in AZ...and it has become less and less.

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 04:26 PM
Keep digging the hole...everyone can see you are clearly a moron but yourself.

LOL....people here won't even claim you...you been banned from this site more times than I can count...and you're an adult. LMAO!!!!

bogie
05-25-2005, 04:26 PM
I'd like to see Rice get the TDs need to make the 200 TDs. Not against the Chiefs.

Then take a hit, call it quits.

That works.

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 04:27 PM
10 points is pretty substantial. Anyway, Plummer was at his very best last year and still threw 20 interceptions. Shitty.

And of course...let's not forget Green's two other stellar years in KC.
Let's not forget who qualified for the post season the past two seasons.

milkman
05-25-2005, 04:27 PM
Martz was the QB coach in Washington for two years before he went to OC the rams.

Yep, you're right.
My bad.

Deberg_1990
05-25-2005, 04:29 PM
Martz was the QB coach in Washington for two years before he went to OC the rams.

Exactly! I thought you were the one who lives in Virginia Garcia, and watched all the games that year?? Shouldnt you have known that??

stevieray
05-25-2005, 04:29 PM

ROFL

chiefkdawg
05-25-2005, 04:30 PM
Plummer is getting better at reading defenses...I noticed it last year. I want to say at least 10 of his int's were off of tip balls by his own receivers. Plummer doesn't throw the ball up for grabs anymore...or it would be accurate to say...not as much as he used...and it has become less and less.
you know if green became a fa and visited denver you and all your donko-worshipping butt-ies couldnt kick plummer to the curb fast enough

keg in kc
Let's not forget who qualified for the post season the past two seasons.I'd like to forget how our entire division has done in the playoffs recently.

Hammock Parties
LOL....people here won't even claim you...you been banned from this site more times than I can count...and you're an adult. LMAO!!!!

Guess what, dipshit. People on this thread are agreeing with me!

Garcia Bronco
IIRC, in the same season, you paid for plummint and paid millions to greaseme when he was playing for the Dolphins..maybe even the bucs? Brister, Greaseme, Ferrotte, Buerline and Plummer...five qb's in six years.

Shall we count from Dawson? Blackledge? Deberg?

Hammock Parties
05-25-2005, 04:31 PM

How well would Plummer do on a team with the NFL's worst defense?

Answer...Arizona Cardinals.

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 04:32 PM
Exactly! I thought you were the one who lives in Virginia Garcia, and watched all the games that year?? Shouldnt you have known that??

I watched the games...and saw the news....didn't drink the koolaid

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 04:34 PM
How well would Plummer do on a team with the NFL's worst defense?

Answer...Arizona Cardinals.

Do we get one of the best offensive lines? Vermeil? His offense? Gonzo? Holmes?....and on and on...

stevieray
05-25-2005, 04:35 PM
Shall we count from Dawson? Blackledge? Deberg?

Why? I never brought up Elway. It's obvious that your organization has had it's head up it's ass without him.

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 04:36 PM
Guess what, dipshit. People on this thread are agreeing with me!

They agree...but they're disagreeing with me. But like I said....few will even claim you..and you know it.

Hammock Parties
05-25-2005, 04:37 PM
They agree...but they're disagreeing with me. But like I said....few will even claim you..and you know it.

I knew you'd bring out the "you're a Chiefsplanet outcast!" smack when I destroyed your reasoning...pathetic.

Chiefsplanet icon...right here!

milkman
Do we get one of the best offensive lines? Vermeil? His offense? Gonzo? Holmes?....and on and on...

No, you get to keep your cheating O-Line, the Rat, Putzier(?) and Clarett.

Garcia Bronco
I'd like to forget how our entire division has done in the playoffs recently.

Indeed...I'll agree with that. We've all had our chances...that much is certain.

keg in kc
05-25-2005, 04:38 PM
Why? I never brought up Elway. It's obvious that your organization has had it's head up it's ass without him.Hell, they had their head up their ass with him until the very end. I think that had to be one of those "lightning in a bottle" situations where they got somewhere despite themselves.

stevieray
05-25-2005, 04:39 PM

if he sticks to football, you're gonna get smoked.

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 04:40 PM
I knew you'd bring out the "you're a Chiefsplanet outcast!" smack when I destroyed your reasoning...pathetic.

Chiefsplanet icon...right here!

Look sparky...settledown. You keep swinging a bat...but nobody is in the room.

stevieray
Hell, they had their head up their ass with him until the very end. I think that had to be one of those "lightning in a bottle" situations where they got somewhere despite themselves.

lightning in a bottle? Is that what they call vaseline now?

keg in kc
Look sparky...settledown. You keep swinging a bat...but nobody is in the room.Thank god he's "swinging his 'bat'" in private.

keg in kc
05-25-2005, 04:41 PM
lightning in a bottle? Is that what they call vaseline now?Is that some kind of commentary about my sex life?

Hammock Parties
05-25-2005, 04:42 PM
Thank god he's "swinging his 'bat'" in private.

ROFL

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 04:42 PM
Hell, they had their head up their ass with him until the very end. I think that had to be one of those "lightning in a bottle" situations where they got somewhere despite themselves.

3 Super Bowls and 4 AFCC games until Coach Shanahan took over is head up ass?

stevieray
05-25-2005, 04:43 PM
Is that some kind of commentary about my sex life?

You used the term in describing the Invescos.

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 04:44 PM
if he sticks to football, you're gonna get smoked.

anyway

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 04:44 PM
Thank god he's "swinging his 'bat'" in private.

ROFL

stevieray
05-25-2005, 04:45 PM
anyway

his football takes are pretty solid.

keg in kc
05-25-2005, 04:45 PM
ROFLOh, god help us, Darth Neuter here is on the offensive with his (very) light saber.

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 04:46 PM
his football takes are pretty solid.

If you say so.

Hammock Parties
05-25-2005, 04:48 PM
Oh, god help us, Darth Neuter here is on the offensive with his (very) light saber.

http://img150.echo.cx/img150/7682/darthvader0dv.gif

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 04:49 PM
Back to the topic...

Rice is a positive addition if he makes the squad....and I think he will. the downside is...we lose a young guy...but even that might not be a bad thing if he can impart various types of wisdom on our other players.

chiefkdawg
05-25-2005, 05:09 PM
like he did in oak. and sea., right?

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 05:38 PM
I don't know if you noticed but in Oakland...he helped get them to a Super Bowl....hello...You remember the Super Bowl right...lots of glizt....football game...Tom Brady...

chiefkdawg
05-25-2005, 05:45 PM
he had nothing to do with da raiders going to the superbowl- i think it was more like, lets see , something about bad officiating or ... a "tuck" something... help me out here...

Frazod
05-25-2005, 05:49 PM
Like his turn with the f#cking Raiders wasn't bad enough. Rotten old bastard. 4321

Braincase
05-25-2005, 05:50 PM
Here's hoping for a 3-year 26 million dollar contract with 18 million in guaranteed money. :p

KCChiefsMan
05-25-2005, 05:52 PM
remember that interview that Andre Rison had during his last year with the Chiefs?

"Jerry Rice is the best receiver of all time. I'm the best wide receiver now" -Andre Rison

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 05:55 PM
he had nothing to do with da raiders going to the superbowl- i think it was more like, lets see , something about bad officiating or ... a "tuck" something... help me out here...

Somebody want to claim the "Dawg" here?

Nightfyre
05-25-2005, 06:13 PM
So only the games where the broncos win count?

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 06:23 PM
I'm saying the Playoff wins do count more than regular season wins. I'm also saying that though you may have thumped us good...big deal....it didn't net you a playoff game. I don't feel bad about losing in KC in Dec....where we're 1-14 since the 60's. Where...unfortunately...we have to play again this year. So keep bringing up 45-17...would you trade that win for a win in 97 in the playoffs?....lol...that's what I thought.

Coach
05-25-2005, 06:26 PM
One reason defenses are starting to believe that Jake Plummer lacks the toughness to be a good NFL QB.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Funnies/hellokitty.jpg

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 06:27 PM
LOL

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 06:28 PM
THat's funny....I don't care who your are

tommykat
05-25-2005, 06:33 PM
One reason defenses are starting to believe that Jake Plummer lacks the toughness to be a good NFL QB.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Funnies/hellokitty.jpg

ROFL Can TK have that bag? ROFL

Wallcrawler
05-25-2005, 06:33 PM
This is one entertaining thread.

Jake Plummer compared to Trent Green, and not in a joking manner. Now thats funny.

I think that whole Elway retirement thing has really f'ed up some Bronco fans' brain cells. Trying to pass off Jake Plummer as a top tier QB when he is one of the worst quarterbacks for turning the ball over the league has ever seen.

Plummer did have a decent season last year, but he still maintains that capacity for shoving his head up his ass at the most inopportune time. And he's been doing it for so long, people just expect it, and are now kind of immune to it and fail to realise just how boneheaded some of the stuff he does really is.

Like the left hander right to Shawn Barber in the opener. Are you kiddin me? Plummer is the type of QB who if you pressure him, he WILL give your team a gift or two during the game. He just doesnt have the sense to take the sack, or throw the ball away without heaving it up for grabs.

GarciaBronco mentioned Trent Green's flail to John Tait against the Browns a couple seasons back. What he fails to realise, is that happened on THE LAST PLAY OF THE F'ING GAME. There was nowhere else to go with the ball, it was a last gasp play, and if he had thrown the ball away, the game would have been over. As it turned out, Tait got the ball, and motored for about a 30 yard gain, a positive play.

Plummer does that type of shit in the middle of the game, when the opposing team has plenty of time to kill you with that mistake if it goes bad.

Green has been the leader of the league leading scoring offense for the past 3 seasons, and a big part of keeping the Chiefs competetive despite the worst defense in the league taking the field when he leaves it.

Jake Plummer, if he was as great as all his fans claim, should be destroying the Chiefs at every opportunity with as bad as the Chiefs defense is. Instead, he throws them gifts to keep them in the game.

Plummer makes some great plays, most NFL QBs are capable of that. Its the completely moronic plays that he makes, trying to make a play when the play is obviously over, that kill the team. For a veteran that has played as long as he has, those mistakes are absolutely inexcusable. Thats rookie mistakes right there. He knows better than to do that, or at least he should.

With the scrutiny these guys are under, you have to make 4 or 5 tremendous plays, to make people forget the utter stupidity you displayed on the previous moronic play.

Comparing Green to Plummer is a joke. A sick one at that. Green RARELY throws an interception where you shake your head and wonder what the hell he was thinking. With Plummer, it happens on a week to week basis.

If your QB cant protect the ball, and recognise the difference between a makeable play and a play that is just over, youre really going to have a hard time winning the big games. Turning the ball over is the worst thing a QB can be known for, and Plummer has consistently turned the football over his entire career.

Sure, he has a bunch of 4th quarter comebacks. Perhaps if he hadnt put the team in a position where they needed a desperate comeback earlier in the game, he might not have so many. Playing mistake free football leads to less occaisions where you need the big comeback in the 4th quarter.

Coach
05-25-2005, 06:36 PM
ROFL Can TK have that bag? ROFL

By all means, you can.

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 06:58 PM
"Jake Plummer compared to Trent Green, and not in a joking manner. Now thats funny.

I think that whole Elway retirement thing has really f'ed up some Bronco fans' brain cells. Trying to pass off Jake Plummer as a top tier QB when he is one of the worst quarterbacks for turning the ball over the league has ever seen."

Nobody said Plummer was a top tier QB...that's bullshit. I also said that most of his INT's last season were on tipped balls that hit receivers in the hands. If you want to blame that on Plummer then fine....doesn't mean it's true

"Plummer did have a decent season last year, but he still maintains that capacity for shoving his head up his ass at the most inopportune time. And he's been doing it for so long, people just expect it, and are now kind of immune to it and fail to realise just how boneheaded some of the stuff he does really is."

I love these terms...inopportune...untimely turnover...is there any other kind?

"Like the left hander right to Shawn Barber in the opener. Are you kiddin me? Plummer is the type of QB who if you pressure him, he WILL give your team a gift or two during the game. He just doesnt have the sense to take the sack, or throw the ball away without heaving it up for grabs."

That's changed...he's starting to get it. Like I said...if you guys want to count AZ...go ahead....I didn't see him play there because they don't show that shit here on the east coast...and I basically consider AZ the most poorly run NFL franchise from top-to-bottom.

"GarciaBronco mentioned Trent Green's flail to John Tait against the Browns a couple seasons back. What he fails to realise, is that happened on THE LAST PLAY OF THE F'ING GAME. There was nowhere else to go with the ball, it was a last gasp play, and if he had thrown the ball away, the game would have been over. As it turned out, Tait got the ball, and motored for about a 30 yard gain, a positive play.

Dude...he was standing in a huddle of Browns players...and you're right...it was a flail...the only difference between that and left hander was...Trent was lucky

"Green has been the leader of the league leading scoring offense for the past 3 seasons, and a big part of keeping the Chiefs competetive despite the worst defense in the league taking the field when he leaves it."

And the funny thing is....that's probably not going to change

"Jake Plummer, if he was as great as all his fans claim, should be destroying the Chiefs at every opportunity with as bad as the Chiefs defense is. Instead, he throws them gifts to keep them in the game.

Plummer makes some great plays, most NFL QBs are capable of that. Its the completely moronic plays that he makes, trying to make a play when the play is obviously over, that kill the team. For a veteran that has played as long as he has, those mistakes are absolutely inexcusable. Thats rookie mistakes right there. He knows better than to do that, or at least he should."

"There again...look at the difference between Plummer three years ago vs now....he's getting better. And he only needs to be good enough to not lose...I think you'll see that this season

With the scrutiny these guys are under, you have to make 4 or 5 tremendous plays, to make people forget the utter stupidity you displayed on the previous moronic play.

Comparing Green to Plummer is a joke. A sick one at that. Green RARELY throws an interception where you shake your head and wonder what the hell he was thinking. With Plummer, it happens on a week to week basis."

What? are you crazy...your boy threw 17 last year....that's three less than Plummer...And how many times did he get sacked on the last play of the game last year...was it twice? 17...I defer to my comment earlier and int's being untimely.

"If your QB cant protect the ball, and recognise the difference between a makeable play and a play that is just over, youre really going to have a hard time winning the big games. Turning the ball over is the worst thing a QB can be known for, and Plummer has consistently turned the football over his entire career."

You're repeating yourself in the same post at this point

"Sure, he has a bunch of 4th quarter comebacks. Perhaps if he hadnt put the team in a position where they needed a desperate comeback earlier in the game, he might not have so many. Playing mistake free football leads to less occaisions where you need the big comeback in the 4th quarter."

Games you probably never saw....since their games are blacked out..so your testimony in this regard is opinion. You act as though the Arizona Cardinals are a real football team with superb talent at every position...yet only seemed to fail because of plummer....LOL...Plummer isn't there anymore...yet the Cards are the same old Cardinals before and after Plummer.

Anybody got anything on Rice?

chiefkdawg
05-25-2005, 07:11 PM
yeah hes past his prime and more likely a distraction than a "positive edition". better there than here

CHIEF4EVER
05-25-2005, 08:11 PM
yeah hes past his prime and more likely a distraction than a "positive edition". better there than here

Not to mention that Jerry Rice never has been nor ever will be a mentor to anyone. He refuses to do it. He didn't do it for the young guys in Chokeland, he didn't do it in Seachickentown, and he sure as heck ain't gonna do it in Dungver. BTW, welcome to the Planet bro.

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 08:16 PM
One can still learn from observation

stevieray
05-25-2005, 08:17 PM
[QUOTE=Garcia Bronco

Anybody got anything on Rice?[/QUOTE]

31 other teams weren't interested.

CHIEF4EVER
05-25-2005, 08:18 PM

Yeah, maybe he can show "Snail" Clarett how to run faster than 5.0 in the 40.....barely. ROFL

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 08:22 PM
I agree...because often football players....especially RB's run the the 40 yard dash during a play. :P

milkman
05-25-2005, 08:23 PM

Reporter to Ashlie Leile
"What do you drink before the game?"

Leile
"Ensure, cause I want to be just like Jerry!"

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 08:25 PM
I take it back....some people can't learn anything...I don't want to name names.....first name begins with an 'S' and rhymes with SideWinder.

:)

CHIEF4EVER
05-25-2005, 08:31 PM
Hey GB, is Jerryatric gonna get a new whelchair as part of the deal to sign or is he gonna have to break out the one he had in Chokeland?

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 08:36 PM
Hey GB, is Jerryatric gonna get a new whelchair as part of the deal to sign or is he gonna have to break out the one he had in Chokeland?

Hell naw...we've got him a new go-kart with racing stripes

CHIEF4EVER
05-25-2005, 08:40 PM
Hell naw...we've got him a new go-kart with racing stripes

Make sure he sprays a lot of WD-40 on those wheels. If he can't find any he can always borrow a can from a Donk Olineman....they have plenty. :p

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2005, 08:49 PM
Congress has banned WD-40 on the playing field and sugar water in NFL football. I hear the Chiefs have to forfeit Super Bowl 4.

Wallcrawler
05-25-2005, 08:59 PM
Nobody said Plummer was a top tier QB...that's bullshit. I also said that most of his INT's last season were on tipped balls that hit receivers in the hands. If you want to blame that on Plummer then fine....doesn't mean it's true

Well, Trent Green is a top tier QB, and youre comparing the two, so obviously you rank him in the same category.

I love these terms...inopportune...untimely turnover...is there any other kind?

While all turnovers are bad, some are worse than others. Throwing up a left handed prayer straight into the arms of an opposing linebacker while in the shadow of your own endzone is definately less favorable than turning the ball over at say the 50 yard line, or in opposing territory.

I didnt think I would have to explain that, but thats what I get for giving Broncos fans the benefit of the doubt in the intelligence department.

That's changed...he's starting to get it. Like I said...if you guys want to count AZ...go ahead....I didn't see him play there because they don't show that shit here on the east coast...and I basically consider AZ the most poorly run NFL franchise from top-to-bottom.

Starting to get it? How many years does it take for you to learn how to recognise when the play is not going anywhere and just get rid of the ball, and move on to the next play?

Dude...he was standing in a huddle of Browns players...and you're right...it was a flail...the only difference between that and left hander was...Trent was lucky

Wrong. Heres the difference. Jakes left hander happened in the third quarter, in the shadow of his own endzone. The Chiefs took over and scored. He could have easily taken the sack, and moved onto the next down.

Trent Green had no choice. Last play of the game. If the Browns picked it off, it wouldnt have mattered. The game would have been over if Green would have thrown it away.

You dont see Trent Green throwing the ball up for grabs when he's in trouble. He either throws it away, takes off, or takes the sack. No left handed BS, no desperation heaves.

"There again...look at the difference between Plummer three years ago vs now....he's getting better. And he only needs to be good enough to not lose...I think you'll see that this season

Well hooray. You realise you just made everyone's point right?

Youre calling Plummer and Green essentially the same player, yet you say that Plummer "is getting better" and "only needs to be good enough not to lose."

How ridiculous. Trent Green is far and away the more capable offensive leader.

If you had to pick between the two guys who you wanted to rely on to win the game with his arm, you would have to pick Trent Green. He doesnt have the luxury of being able to sit back and just "be good enough not to lose."

What? are you crazy...your boy threw 17 last year....that's three less than Plummer...And how many times did he get sacked on the last play of the game last year...was it twice? 17...I defer to my comment earlier and int's being untimely.

And I guess Ill take a page out of your excuse book, and play the tipped pass card. Green had several tipped passes get intercepted as well.

Balls that hit receivers on the hands. If you want to blame that on Green then fine.....doesnt mean its true.

As for getting sacked on the last play of the game, what difference does it make? Obviously, there was no play downfield. An incomplete pass, or a turnover equals the same outcome, that being a loss.

I guess if Trent threw up a heave and it got deflected or picked off, you would have a higher respect for him then?

Honestly....

You're repeating yourself in the same post at this point

Gotta break everything down to you, so I guess repetition is the only way to get it through your head.

Games you probably never saw....since their games are blacked out..so your testimony in this regard is opinion. You act as though the Arizona Cardinals are a real football team with superb talent at every position...yet only seemed to fail because of plummer....LOL...Plummer isn't there anymore...yet the Cards are the same old Cardinals before and after Plummer.

Opinion? Look at the f'ing numbers. Plummer throws a ton of picks. Naturally, your more balanced quarterback who plays soundly and doesnt give the opposing team the football does not find himself in a losing situation as much as a guy who turns it over as much as plummer.

I said nothing about the failure of the Cardinals being related to plummer. I said he had a lot of 4th quarter comebacks. When you give the other team the ball as much as plummer does, odds are youre going to have plenty of opportunities at those 4th quarter comebacks, because usually when you turn the ball over, you get behind.

Try watching ESPN sometime. Theyve played programs that chronicle the years that Plummer played with the cardinals, and in several of those games, Plummer turned the ball over during the course of the game and had to pull the game out in the 4th quarter. Had he taken care of the ball, the 4th quarter comeback might not have been needed.

You seem to love to blame Plummers poor numbers on his Arizona teammates letting him down, and all the while discounting the fact that he's been performing the exact same way, and making the same damn mistakes in Denver that he was making in Arizona, despite a better supporting cast.

Those are some F'ing thick ass blinders you got on there buddy.

KCWolfman
05-25-2005, 09:01 PM
The only positive of this acquisition is the fact that the broncos will sell more crap to the casual fan.

Bowlen's work is done.

Nzoner
05-25-2005, 09:13 PM

You could definitely use some help there dawg.

The Bad Guy
05-25-2005, 09:26 PM
Plummer is getting better at reading defenses...I noticed it last year. I want to say at least 10 of his int's were off of tip balls by his own receivers. Plummer doesn't throw the ball up for grabs anymore...or it would be accurate to say...not as much as he did in AZ...and it has become less and less.

Yadda, yadda, yadda.

He threw 20 INTs last year. They don't put an * next to the ones that was the receivers fault.

5 of 8 seasons with 20 or more INTs.

Spin it all you want. The guy sucks. If you think he's getting better reading defenses and his stats show 20 INTs then I have some ocean front property in Oaklahoma to sell you.

I guess we can go back to the 2001 season and count how many picks Trent through and see if they were a result of drops, bad routes or miscommunication with the receiver then.

Mr. Kotter
05-25-2005, 09:34 PM
42 Yrs Old.

Nuff Said...

Dartgod
05-25-2005, 09:37 PM
You have a point here. I've learned, by simply observing this thread, that you don't know WTF you are talking about.

whtgldwldr
05-25-2005, 09:38 PM
I agree...because often football players....especially RB's run the the 40 yard dash during a play. :P

Larry Johnson did it last season, a bunch of times :)

CHIEF4EVER
05-25-2005, 09:41 PM
How ironic (not to mention hilarious) will it be if Burntee gets his first NFL Interception covering a future HOF'er in a Donk uniform? ROFL

KCWolfman
05-25-2005, 09:41 PM
Larry Johnson did it last season, a bunch of times :)
Cool, a Thomas Covenant fan.

I really need to go back and read the series again.

Mr. Kotter
05-25-2005, 09:51 PM
How ironic (not to mention hilarious) will it be if Burntee gets his first NFL Interception covering a future HOF'er in a Donk uniform? ROFL

THAT would be a fuggin' hoot. ROFL

Mile High Mania
05-25-2005, 10:06 PM
I leave town for 2 days, pay no attention to the Net and then Rice signs.

In all honesty... there's just not much to get worked up over with this one. Carry on.

alanm
05-25-2005, 10:25 PM
I leave town for 2 days, pay no attention to the Net and then Rice signs.

In all honesty... there's just not much to get worked up over with this one. Carry on.
They've been beating one of these again.

Mile High Mania
05-25-2005, 10:52 PM
I don't know that I'd go that far... there's a pretty small niche for the guy on any team, as long as they stick with that and he's happy with it ... I don't see how this is a negative. It's not one of those "put you over the top" moves, but they could have done worse with the money ... like Freddie Mitchell.

ptlyon
05-26-2005, 10:35 AM
Yadda, yadda, yadda.

He threw 20 INTs last year. They don't put an * next to the ones that was the receivers fault.

5 of 8 seasons with 20 or more INTs.

Spin it all you want. The guy sucks. If you think he's getting better reading defenses and his stats show 20 INTs then I have some ocean front property in Oaklahoma to sell you.

I guess we can go back to the 2001 season and count how many picks Trent through and see if they were a result of drops, bad routes or miscommunication with the receiver then.

True - how many int's did Green have from his receiver (*cough*Morton*cough*) falling down in coverage?

Calcountry
05-26-2005, 11:24 AM
WTF Skip this is not a snoozer. This is great news. Burntee may even be able to cover this reciever.Who says he will make the roster?

Rain Man
05-26-2005, 11:28 AM
42 Yrs Old.

Nuff Said...

If you're trying to make me feel bad, it's working.

Rain Man
HS Class of '81

ptlyon
05-26-2005, 11:31 AM
If you're trying to make me feel bad, it's working.

Rain Man
HS Class of '81

God. You're old.

Mile High Mania
05-26-2005, 11:56 AM
42 is nothing, he'll be 43 by the time the season starts, right?

whtgldwldr
05-26-2005, 03:06 PM
Cool, a Thomas Covenant fan.

I really need to go back and read the series again.

Hooray, someone finally gets my name!