PDA

View Full Version : KCChiefs.com: Strike Talk Hits Arrowhead

Wile_E_Coyote
05-25-2005, 02:25 PM
Strike Talk Hits Arrowhead

May 25, 2005, 1:48:38 PM

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/05/25/strike_talk_hits_arrowhead/

The mood around Arrowhead Stadium was glum on Wednesday and the term “strike” was being thrown about often. However, the Chiefs players weren’t distraught over the day’s impending O.T.A. session or because of a new team policy. Instead, the dejection was brought forth due to the previous evening’s bowling outing. Held in support for the 21st

Annual Chiefs Charity Game, 20 Chiefs players took to the allies at Blue Springs’ Lunar Bowl and matched themselves against children from Operation Breakthrough. Needless to say, the final tally saw several more strikes credited on the side of the children.

The evening turned out quite a cornucopia of members from the Chiefs roster. Pro Bowler Dante’ Hall, Tony Richardson, and Will Shields were there. Heralded free-agent additions Kendrell Bell and Sammy Parker stopped by. Chiefs veterans primed to make their mark in 2005 like Larry Johnson, Eric Warfield and Greg Wesley made the rounds. Even rookie draftees such as Dustin Colquitt and Alphonso Hodge were there.

The event helped to kick off the Annual Chiefs Charity Game, which will be held on August 20th during halftime of the Chiefs-Cardinals game. Since 1985, the Chiefs have donated one of their preseason games to benefit children in the Kansas City area. Over $4.8 million has been raised since the program’s inception and they expect to surpass the $5 million mark this year. This event is the largest benefit for children in the National Football League.

This year’s recipient is Operation Breakthrough. An agency that serves the poorest of the poor in Kansas City, it is headed by Sr. Corita Bussanmas and Sr. Berta Sailer. The agency provides services for inner city children including such important necessities as day care, meals, a dental clinic, speech therapy, food and clothing assistance, and social services.

If you’d like to know how to help, there are several sponsorship packages available ranging from $500 to $25,000. Please contact breakthroughgame@kc.rr.com (breakthroughgame@kc.rr.com) via e-mail for more information.
-THE CHIEFS WAY, JOIN OUR TEAM-

Wile_E_Coyote
05-25-2005, 02:28 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/images/97ED15906E824579888D8F2924232A4B.JPG?0.8754059324080438

jspchief
05-25-2005, 02:31 PM
Samie Parker was a free agent addition?

Dammit Carl :cuss:

KChiefs1
05-25-2005, 02:47 PM
I saw the "very" hot Carol Vermeil there last night too!

PastorMikH
05-25-2005, 03:22 PM
Man I hope Zach was at home for that. 20 Chiefs in his dad's bowling alley, even finals wouldn't have kept me from that!

RedNFeisty
05-25-2005, 03:33 PM
Man I hope Zach was at home for that. 20 Chiefs in his dad's bowling alley, even finals wouldn't have kept me from that!

Surely he was there. If not he is going to be pouting for months!

Pretty sweet article!

Kerberos
05-25-2005, 03:36 PM
Samie Parker was a free agent addition?

Dammit Carl :cuss:

Could that have been a typo and was supposed to be Sammy Knight?

:doh!:

:homer:

|Zach|
05-25-2005, 08:39 PM
Hey folks, the event went really well. I would have liked to annouce it was going on but I guess it was a private deal. I couldn't make it because I started a new job for badly needed money this week. My dad told me this was going on but I didn't know quite when. I just about died when I heard who all was there and how much they were meeting and talking to people. I guess there were about 325 people at this event total.

I still can't believe I missed this but my old man got a few autographs and some shirts for me I guess.

It was a good night for Lunar Bowl.

|Zach|
05-25-2005, 08:42 PM
I almost forgot, there is some talk that there may be some other charity event that would at LB with the Chiefs players involved. It is not 100% though. If I get more info I will give you folks the heads up.

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2005, 08:44 PM
Hey folks, the event went really well. I would have liked to annouce it was going on but I guess it was a private deal. I couldn't make it because I started a new job for badly needed money this week. My dad told me this was going on but I didn't know quite when. I just about died when I heard who all was there and how much they were meeting and talking to people. I guess there were about 325 people at this event total.

I still can't believe I missed this but my old man got a few autographs and some shirts for me I guess.

It was a good night for Lunar Bowl.

Goody for you.