PDA

View Full Version : Racing hall of fame in KS?

Mr. Laz
05-25-2005, 06:18 PM
were saying on 810 that KC is getting the nod ... we be announced officially pretty soon.

Big Chief Homer
05-25-2005, 06:48 PM
No,nascar wants it in either richmond,Daytona or charlotte.Problem is none of those counties wants to spend the money.

Daytona and charlotte both just got real big contributions from the public and surrounding buisnesses to help with the fund raising.

Nascar wants it close to its roots.

Rain Man
05-25-2005, 06:48 PM
I only go to racing museums to see the historic wrecks.

teedubya
05-25-2005, 07:02 PM
it should go to Daytona or Charlotte, and the NCAA hall of fame should come back to Kansas City.

Skip Towne
05-25-2005, 07:02 PM
I only go to racing museums to see the historic wrecks.
I don't go to racing museums for any reason.

Nzoner
05-25-2005, 07:23 PM
I don't go to racing museums for any reason.

Same here and the further away the better or the mrs will be dragging my ass there.

Valiant
05-25-2005, 07:24 PM
As much as i do not like racing because it is boring to watch... Those other cities can **** off if we screw them over... KC has loss tons of attractions to other cities...

Rain Man
05-25-2005, 07:30 PM
You should be required to go through a racing museum in five minutes or less.

HemiEd
05-25-2005, 07:34 PM
No,nascar wants it in either richmond,Daytona or charlotte.Problem is none of those counties wants to spend the money.

Daytona and charlotte both just got real big contributions from the public and surrounding buisnesses to help with the fund raising.

Nascar wants it close to its roots.

Racing, not Nascar. Kansas actually can lay claim to being the home of Drag Racing. The first National Event was held in Great Bend, 1955. Many Nationaly famous Drag Racers have been from Kansas. NASCAR is by far the most popular form of car racing but not the only one. Besides, Jeff Gordon called Wrigley Field, Wrigley Stadium last night! :)

teedubya
05-25-2005, 08:09 PM
Besides, Jeff Gordon called Wrigley Field, Wrigley Stadium last night! :)

heh... i heard Jim Rome going to town on him today, it was so fuggin hilarious. Rome is great...

Big Chief Homer
05-25-2005, 08:12 PM
Racing, not Nascar. Kansas actually can lay claim to being the home of Drag Racing. The first National Event was held in Great Bend, 1955. Many Nationaly famous Drag Racers have been from Kansas. NASCAR is by far the most popular form of car racing but not the only one. Besides, Jeff Gordon called Wrigley Field, Wrigley Stadium last night! :)

No,Kc is in the running as of right now for the NASCAR hall of fame .Not the racing hall of fame.ISC is considering KC because they own the track.They are trying to pressure the city of Daytona into agreeing to put it there where ISC is located.The talk on 810 he was speaking of is for the Nascar Hall.

Big Chief Homer
05-25-2005, 08:14 PM
heh... i heard Jim Rome going to town on him today, it was so fuggin hilarious. Rome is great...

Gordon needs a few hundred hours of singing lessons,Dan patrick was ripping into him as well.He had Gordon and Ozzy playing at the same time.

Great duet ROFL ROFL

HemiEd
05-25-2005, 08:19 PM
No,Kc is in the running as of right now for the NASCAR hall of fame .Not the racing hall of fame.ISC is considering KC because they own the track.They are trying to pressure the city of Daytona into agreeing to put it there where ISC is located.The talk on 810 he was speaking of is for the Nascar Hall.

Sorry, then the thread title is wrong. I stand corrected. NASCAR hall probably should be in the Carolinas.

Big Chief Homer
05-25-2005, 08:40 PM
Sorry, then the thread title is wrong. I stand corrected. NASCAR hall probably should be in the Carolinas.

No reason to be sorry,no biggie :)