PDA

View Full Version : Great picture for you Royals fans

Boardin Bronco
05-26-2005, 02:12 AM
Do you think Don Denkinger ever has to pay for a drink in Kansas City?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/BroncoLB56/DonDenkinger.jpg

Nightfyre
05-26-2005, 02:15 AM

Do you think it mattered? I mean the importance of that one call is way overplayed.

Boardin Bronco
05-26-2005, 02:22 AM
Do you think it mattered? I mean the importance of that one call is way overplayed.

I give the Royals full credit for their 1985 championship. However, that was the leadoff batter in the ninth inning of a 1-0 lead. The chances a team scores when the leadoff hitter gets on-base are quite good.

DaWolf
05-26-2005, 02:48 AM
KC has plenty to be bitter about with blown calls costing us playoff games (see Chiefs, Kansas City). In the end you have to overcome the bad calls and execute. If you don't do that, you aren't going to win. It's a part of sports, a part of life...

Eleazar
05-26-2005, 04:43 AM
Coulda caught that foul ball, or stopped that passed ball, or showed up for game 7 instead of mailing it in.

BigRedChief
05-26-2005, 05:17 AM

Jeez dude let it go. The Royals won fair and square. It was 20 frigging years ago. :banghead:

Deberg_1990
05-26-2005, 05:40 AM
Coulda caught that foul ball, or stopped that passed ball, or showed up for game 7 instead of mailing it in.

Exactly. Its not like it was game 7. It was only game 6. The Cards didnt even bother to show up for game 7.

Braincase
05-26-2005, 05:43 AM
Cards were up 3-1 in the series. They choked hard. We're talking Lindsey Lohan taking on John Holmes kind of choking.

Eleazar
05-26-2005, 06:05 AM
Cards were up 3-1 in the series. They choked hard. We're talking Lindsey Lohan taking on John Holmes kind of choking.

Maybe the biggest choke in baseball history before the Yankees' last year. No team had ever won the first 2 games on the road in the WS and not won the series.

Bob Dole
05-26-2005, 06:22 AM
Good Christ. Let it go.

the Talking Can
05-26-2005, 06:24 AM
I'm glad St. Louis fan can't get over it.

The Royals now suck in every way possible, but they still OWN the Cardinals.

SCTrojan
05-26-2005, 06:32 AM
I give the Royals full credit for their 1985 championship. However, that was the leadoff batter in the ninth inning of a 1-0 lead. The chances a team scores when the leadoff hitter gets on-base are quite good.

Yeah, well, Orta never scored. He was forced at third when Sundberg failed to execute a bunt.

StcChief
05-26-2005, 07:40 AM
I'm glad St. Louis fan can't get over it.

Tell me how you OWN the Cardinals? your 1 WS doesn't own the Cardinals.

I let it go along time ago, this play keeps coming up and is one of the reasons
why they have conferences among umps now and reverse calls.

Made baseball better.

But to say the Royals OWN the Cardinals isn't even close.

The W-L records overtime says more. Cards took 2 of 3 this year.
The Royals were hoping to sell out a series. Looked like half the stadium was Cardinal Red.

Still would have like the Royals to move to NLC in the last realignment
the rivalry would have met more than 3 games a year.

Sam
05-26-2005, 07:52 AM
Hey! I think I might be in that picture. I was sitting right there behind 1st base. Watching that play made me go, 'awww', and then 'OHHH' after Denk made the call. I've got a nice picture of the scoreboard after the game with 'There will be a game 7' or something similar.

KCFalcon59
05-26-2005, 07:54 AM
Still crying after 20 years. Jeez.

ROYC75
05-26-2005, 08:12 AM

Heh, but it wasn't a clip, right ! :p

Cry'n Donk and a cry'n Card..... what's worst? But when they are the same ? :hmmm:

Fairplay
05-26-2005, 08:18 AM
Still crying after 20 years. Jeez.

I have the tape of that gaame. Every time they show the play he gets called safe. Every time, i guarentee.
How can you argue with that?

Besides, until MLB gets instant replays, there will always be questionable calls. Get over it.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-26-2005, 08:23 AM
Look at the picture again. His foot isn't even on the bag.

Game over.

Dartgod
05-26-2005, 08:27 AM
I don't think the original poster is crying about the Series. Look at the picture and the Cards World Champs pennant superimposed on it. We should be repping him 'cause thats some funny shit, I don't care who you are.

BigRedChief
05-26-2005, 08:34 AM
I don't think the original poster is crying about the Series. Look at the picture and the Cards World Champs pennant superimposed on it. We should be repping him 'cause thats some funny shit, I don't care who you are.

Good point. Been played, me thinks.

beavis
05-26-2005, 08:41 AM
:deevee:

I might have some sympathy had they showed up for game 7. But 11-0 isn't exactly a close call.

ROYC75
05-26-2005, 08:52 AM
Look at the picture again. His foot isn't even on the bag.

Game over.

That's funny, 1st batter of the inning, the game went on ? :hmmm:

Cards fans . :shake:

BigRedChief
05-26-2005, 09:58 AM
Cards fans . :shake:
Don't lump us all in there. Some of don't get a chit about the call. Some of us have moved on. Some of us remember who was in last years World Series and looks to be heading back again this year. Now you may start your choke posts.:harumph:

homey
05-26-2005, 10:02 AM
further proof KC can't let it go...

CHIEF4EVER
05-26-2005, 10:07 AM
Right call or wrong call, one call does not a 7 game series make. KC won fair and square.

Chief Henry
05-26-2005, 10:24 AM
I'm pissed about the 1997 playoff game at Arrowhead where Tony Gonzalez was going in for a blocked punt and was tackled in the end zone by a dam donk and NO FRICKEN flag was thrown for a safety. I'm pissed that We started ELVIS fricken Grbac in that game instead of Richy POO. I"m pissed that the dorks offensive lineman were cover'd with ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES and the officials
stopped the game to let those fuggers go to the sideline to wipe off the ILLEGAL substances with out a FRICKEN PENALTY flag one time on the DORKS.

Now, about that blown call in the 1985 World Series. The Cardinals
lost all composure after that blown call. THey mentaly lost it and did not recover. How often do we hear coach's and players say that they have to take it ONE play at a time?????? We'll, the Cardinals could not follow that often used quote of "one play at a time". They WILTED down mentally and it cost them the WORLD SERIES in 1985.

Game 7 was a complete meltdown by the cardinals starting pitcher Juaquin Andejar (sp). Andejar never gave his teammates a chance. If my memory is correct I lay the blame on game 7 to Herzog for not pulling that stupid SOB Juquin Andejar.

The Denver Bronco's and anything associated with that phucking town can kiss my saggysack BOALS....

ROYC75
05-26-2005, 10:31 AM
further proof KC can't let it go...

I have yet to see Royals fan cry over it, complain, or even bring it up ?

What's this about letting it go ? :hmmm:

Bearcat
05-26-2005, 10:35 AM
The other day in the KC Star, they had an article about how Denkinger was at some event in St. Louis the day after the Cardinals clinched a WS berth last year..... it said tons of people showed up with stuff for him to sign, like that pic, various newspaper clippings, and (my favorite) an eye chart. If I was him, got paid to stay quiet and sign stuff, I'd probably do that... but I'd have an urge to look every person in the eye and say "ELEVEN to ZERO".

The article also said the '87 WS had some bad calls and a blown game, but we never hear about that (Is that true?).... just goes to show how much more painful '85 was/is for them.

F*ck St. Louis.

Calcountry
05-26-2005, 10:43 AM
Coulda caught that foul ball, or stopped that passed ball, or showed up for game 7 instead of mailing it in.Couldn't agree with you more.

The Royals had a lot of great teams back in the 80's and that call doesn't diminish it in the least.

gblowfish
05-26-2005, 10:57 AM
Tell me how you OWN the Cardinals? your 1 WS doesn't own the Cardinals.

I let it go along time ago, this play keeps coming up and is one of the reasons
why they have conferences among umps now and reverse calls.

Made baseball better.

But to say the Royals OWN the Cardinals isn't even close.

The W-L records overtime says more. Cards took 2 of 3 this year.
The Royals were hoping to sell out a series. Looked like half the stadium was Cardinal Red.

Still would have like the Royals to move to NLC in the last realignment
the rivalry would have met more than 3 games a year.At least the Royals have been known to win games against the Red Sox.
Bite Me, Cardinal boy...

Stinger
05-26-2005, 10:58 AM
Don't lump us all in there. Some of don't get a chit about the call. Some of us have moved on. Some of us remember who was in last years World Series and looks to be heading back again this year. Now you may start your choke posts.:harumph:

Thank you not all cards fans are obsessed with that one call. Yes the Cards could have came out and won game 7, but didn't. Royals won the Series.

Folks that was 20 years ago. Royals are starting to sound like Donks fan. "We won it really we did. What you mean it has been 2 decades since we had even a remote chance of getting past the first round of the playoffs and not been back to the World Series on over 20 years.No no no that doesn't matter we were there in '85, who cares if it was long ago." Yep gotta keep hope alive.

:shake:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/stinger871/Chief%20Planet/mlb.jpg

And before you show the picture of the 1985 WS trophy show me 8 more then we will talk.

Bearcat
05-26-2005, 11:07 AM
The article Bearcat's talking about.

Too bad they didn't include the graphic... it was a chart on "St. Louis & Kansas City: Then and Now". The mention in the article about how much better St. Louis was than KC in '85, but how it's turned around since.... the numbers are an embarassment for St. Louis.

BigRedChief
05-26-2005, 11:31 AM
Let's show pics of all the WS trophies both teams have won since '69.

You can't really hold any years before that against the Royals since, y'know, they didn't exist.
since 1969 and the Royals inception as a team:

Royals 6 trips to the AL League Championship
Cardinals 7 trips to the NL League Championship

Royals 2 trips to the World Series
Cardinals 4 trips to the World Series

Royals 1 World Championship
Cardinals 1 World Championship

Royals have had 1 Hall of Famer during that time
Cardinals have had 7 Hall of Famers during that time

But in the last 20 years the Royals total is a big fat zero in all catagories exceppt George Brett and the Hall of Fame.

Cardinals have 5 trips to the Championship game and 2 trips to the World Series and heading back there again this year during that same time frame.

ENDElt260 you can't win a history agrument. Stick with we kicked your ass fair and square 20 years ago. Thats the truth and Cardinal fans know it but thats just one trip to the World Series for us out of 17 trips. We can live with it. We may get another one this year. Ya never know.

BigRedChief
05-26-2005, 01:07 PM
I know. You did it for me.

The fact that the Royals haven't done shit in the past twenty years is not in question. We all know the Cards are better than the Royals right now. Lording the other WS trophies over us is stating the the Cards were better than a team that didn't even exist. Which is stupid.
whos lording old WS trophies? I posted as per your request. I only included stats from 1969 to present.:hmmm:

grandllama
05-26-2005, 01:12 PM
Bearcat's the only one who truly understands me.

Time to bring out this oldie but goodie....

BigRedChief
05-26-2005, 01:23 PM
Time to bring out this oldie but goodie....

Thats some pretty funny chit man! Rep.:clap:

homey
05-26-2005, 02:02 PM
Could you all just prove my point a little more?

Bearcat
05-26-2005, 02:32 PM
Could you all just prove my point a little more?

I was five at the time, so I really have no connection to "Ha, ha, ha, we beat Goliath", because St. Louis has always been a pit to me. I have no memory of St. Louis being the superior town that is expressed in the article, and I have never felt that St. Louis was the older brother, because the two cities have been going in opposite directions for most of my life. The only thing I have to let go of is the amazement that some Cardinals fans, as expressed in the article, still seemingly lose sleep at night because they can't stand to think that their Cardinals folded, even though they've been doing it ever since.

BigRedChief
05-26-2005, 02:32 PM
Stinger.

Are you even reading the thread? Check the post of mine you responded to. Notice I quoted another post in it?

Both of those quotes are mine dude.

BigRedChief
05-26-2005, 02:35 PM
The only thing I have to let go of is the amazement that some Cardinals fans, as expressed in the article, still seemingly lose sleep at night because they can't stand to think that their Cardinals folded, even though they've been doing it ever since.

Did you not watch the Houston vs. Cards series last year? That was one heckva series. Beltran was on fire, Clemons on fire. I would not consider beating that team folding.

oldandslow
05-26-2005, 02:50 PM
I am a life-long Cardinal/Chief fan who considers both the Royals and the Rams bush league.

Always have and always will. The cities have nothing to do with it. I grew up near Springfield so I chose the teams that were in existence while growing up.

I have no more love for the Rams than I do the Raiders or Broncos.

My thoughts toward the Royals are the same as they are for the Cubs.

The Royals won a championship because of a blown call. Plain and simple. Spin it any other way you want, but w/o Denkinger's FU you don't win the series. Period.

Further, long after the Royals have folded or moved from KC, the Cards will still be packing them in at Busch II.

The Royals are a pathetic team run by an incompetent owner who doesn't give a damn about Baseball or a competitive ball club.

BTW - when does the next "youth movement" start.

Dartgod
05-26-2005, 02:51 PM
Did you not watch the Houston vs. Cards series last year? That was one heckva series. Beltran was on fire, Clemons on fire. I would not consider beating that team folding.
The sweep in the World Series, however...

tk13
05-26-2005, 02:54 PM
I am a life-long Cardinal/Chief fan who considers both the Royals and the Rams bush league.

Always have and always will. The cities have nothing to do with it. I grew up near Springfield so I chose the teams that were in existence while growing up.

I have no more love for the Rams than I do the Raiders or Broncos.

My thoughts toward the Royals are the same as they are for the Cubs.

The Royals won a championship because of a blown call. Plain and simple. Spin it any other way you want, but w/o Denkinger's FU you don't win the series. Period.

Further, long after the Royals have folded or moved from KC, the Cards will still be packing them in at Busch II.

The Royals are a pathetic team run by an incompetent owner who doesn't give a damn about Baseball or a competitive ball club.

BTW - when does the next "youth movement" start.
You obviously forgot to put the "andcranky" at the end of your username when you signed up.

Dartgod
05-26-2005, 02:54 PM
The Royals won a championship because of a blown call. Plain and simple.
Well, that and the Cards inability to score even a single f*cking run in game 7.

If the rest of the team had put in half the effort into the game that John Tudor did busting up that fan in the clubhou....er, nevermind, you guys lost that battle too.

oldandslow
05-26-2005, 02:56 PM
End...

"You mean Busch III?"

No, I don't.

Sportsman's Park until 1966, Busch I until 2005, Busch II thereafter.

I suspect the "K" to be empty by 2010.

oldandslow
05-26-2005, 03:05 PM
End

Agreed. I never did call it anything but Sportsman Park.

But, if it makes you happy, Busch III :)

Bearcat
05-26-2005, 03:52 PM

Yes. It was a great series, despite the outcome.

Take a look at your WS lineup and tell me that winning ZERO games against the Red Sox isn't folding. No team wants to be just happy to be there... the fans shouldn't either.

BWAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!! ROFL