PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Royals

Logical
05-30-2005, 11:44 PM
At the end of the Memorial Weekend Break you have hit the magic .260 pace that will take you to a record tying 120 losses

ROFLROFLROFL

Reaper16
05-30-2005, 11:46 PM
At least they didn't lose tonight. :bravo:

Hammock Parties
05-30-2005, 11:47 PM
.260 is pretty good...for a team batting average.

tk13
05-30-2005, 11:52 PM
And here come the Yankees to town. Woooo! We're gonna bring the heat!

SCTrojan
05-31-2005, 06:54 AM
Never gonna happen, my friend. Thirty-one more wins to get out of jeopardy.

At least I hope.

Infidel Goat
05-31-2005, 07:47 AM
Never gonna happen, my friend. Thirty-one more wins to get out of jeopardy.

At least I hope.

I don't know.

If they trade Sweeney for prospects soon, I think they could set the record. Without Sweeney, the Royals would be hitting .238 with even less power.

Royal Fever! Bobblehead it!

--Infidel Goat

BigChiefFan
05-31-2005, 08:33 AM
Failing to see the humor in our team sucking.

BigRedChief
05-31-2005, 08:42 AM
Isn't there a Royals Lounge forum on this site this should be posted in?

beavis
05-31-2005, 09:24 AM
Me either. :shake:

Demonpenz
05-31-2005, 11:44 AM
just wait till next year!

shakesthecat
05-31-2005, 11:47 AM

Apparently, Vlad felt the need to go "gochiefs" with this thread. Though to gc's credit, he doesn't even pull lame shit like this anymore.

Logical
05-31-2005, 09:30 PM
Apparently, Vlad felt the need to go "gochiefs" with this thread. Though to gc's credit, he doesn't even pull lame shit like this anymore.

I do enjoy seeing all the small market MLB fans suffer, it is so silly to still root for a league that will not clean up it's financial house. If it makes you feel better I have always yanked the chains of Padres fans. Unfortuanately they are now drawing 3 million a season and have finally started to market media rights to Baja and are not really a small market caliber team anymore. So that fun has been taken away.:(

Logical
05-31-2005, 09:31 PM
Isn't there a Royals Lounge forum on this site this should be posted in?
Yea, but so should all the other Royals crap that gets posted in this forum, so what is your point exactly.

beer bacon
05-31-2005, 09:35 PM
I grew up a Royal's fan and I will die one. It is in my blood, and no matter how much I despise the current state of the Royals franchise and the MLB as a whole, I will always root for them.

Logical
05-31-2005, 09:41 PM
I grew up a Royal's fan and I will die one. It is in my blood, and no matter how much I despise the current state of the Royals franchise and the MLB as a whole, I will always root for them.

I wish I could say I understand but I don't. I had been a A's/Royals fan since the mid 60s. The last strike in 92 has caused me to swear off baseball and I cannot understand how any rational Royals fan has done otherwise. The day MLB institutes true revenue sharing and a hard salary cap like the NFL is the day I will reconsider. Otherwise I pray MLB folds.

KCWolfman
05-31-2005, 10:21 PM
I wish I could say I understand but I don't. I had been a A's/Royals fan since the mid 60s. The last strike in 92 has caused me to swear off baseball and I cannot understand how any rational Royals fan has done otherwise. The day MLB institutes true revenue sharing and a hard salary cap like the NFL is the day I will reconsider. Otherwise I pray MLB folds.

Name ten players today who are active on rosters who were a part of the strike.

I understand the salary cap being an issue, I don't understand the strike being one, unless you swore off football after the early 80s

Manila-Chief
05-31-2005, 10:27 PM

I fully agree with you Vlad. I followed Charlie O. and the A's ... watch Charlie F. move them to Oakland and then win several championships. He may have been a nutcase but he did produce a championship team.

Then excitedly followed the young Royals. Didn't matter if they didn't win much coz they were building for the future. But, what is happening today is just plain wrong. Yes, we have had/still have some young great players ... but we are building other teams future now.

Most days I don't even look at the Royals score muchless follow them. When MLB levels the playing field then I'll start to pay attention. Which is a shame coz when I get back over there I'd love to take my grandsons to games.....

Plus, I think our present ownership doesn't care about winning a championship. He is just doing this as a favor to his friend and running it like a Wally world venture.

Manila-Chief
05-31-2005, 10:30 PM
The strike demonstrated to me that both the players and the owners do not care about the fans who pay their salaries. They both only care for themselves.

Unlike the NFL ... of course the players would like to make more money, and the owners would like to keep as much as possible, but they both come together to do what is best for both... and in the long run that is what is best for small market fans.

Logical
05-31-2005, 10:38 PM
The strike demonstrated to me that both the players and the owners do not care about the fans who pay their salaries. They both only care for themselves.

Unlike the NFL ... of course the players would like to make more money, and the owners would like to keep as much as possible, but they both come together to do what is best for both... and in the long run that is what is best for small market fans.

Thank you, that says it exactly right. By 92 the disparity happening was already clear, at earlier strikes it had not really surfaced.