PDA

View Full Version : NFL Sunday ticket increase!!!!!

DTLB58
05-31-2005, 03:00 PM
Holy crap! I just received my DIRECTV newsletter via e-mail for June and the early bird special for Sunday Ticket is $219.00 or $54.75 a month for 4 months!!!!!! :cuss:

WOW! With my current problems with my DIRECTV service the ONLY reason I was keeping my dish was because of Sunday ticket I really have to re-consider now. I think I paid $169 last year (anyone else recall what you paid last year for the ticket maybe it was $189)? And now $219???

Will the price increase change anyone elses mind for this year?

siberian khatru
05-31-2005, 03:02 PM
WHAT? That's a renewal? The wife ain't gonna like this.

DTLB58
05-31-2005, 03:05 PM

Mine either :banghead: :mad: :cuss:

JimNasium
05-31-2005, 03:05 PM
I'm not doing it this year. **** DTV.

tomahawk kid
05-31-2005, 03:07 PM
I think I got the special in July last year (when my DirecTV service was hooked up) and I paid $189.

I noticed the increase this year, but signed back up anyway. To me, the extra $ is worth it.

Its nice not to have to watch those week 10 Chicago v Arizona match-ups........

Hoover
05-31-2005, 03:08 PM
I was going to get DTV, but hell not at that price and you know its just going to go up.

At 219 a year for me to watch the Chiefs, I'll pass. heck they are on TV for me a lot, and for 219 bucks I can get tickets for a game.

tk13
05-31-2005, 03:08 PM
Considering the insane amount of money DTV paid to have sole rights, I can't wait to see how high it in 2010 or so. Lot o' money to be watching just 16 games. At least with the other sports you're about 80-160 games a year per team.

Eleazar
05-31-2005, 03:09 PM
Good lawd. Talk about highway robbery. That's like $15 a game if you only want it for the Chiefs.

Bwana
05-31-2005, 03:11 PM
Yeah, but they sent me a swanky yellow beanbag penalty flag and a paper football in todays mail. :shake:

Mine is 4 payments of $49.75 for a total of $199.00. I agree, kind of a bone job. :hump:

tomahawk kid
05-31-2005, 03:17 PM
Yeah, but they sent me a swanky yellow beanbag penalty flag and a paper football in todays mail. :shake:

Mine is 4 payments of $49.75 for a total of $199.00. I agree, kind of a bone job. :hump:

How'd you get that price?

Mine's $219 for the EARLY renewal?

JOhn
05-31-2005, 03:22 PM

what else are us guys in the boonies gonna do? :shrug:

of course I do know someone in Billings with Sunday Ticket ROFL

HemiEd
05-31-2005, 03:23 PM
Yep, I was kind of pissed last year the Chiefs were on network TV here so much. The Sunday Ticket is the only reason I keep Direct TV. I do enjoy NFL Football so much that I do watch other games, though. I will pay whatever is within reach to watch the Chiefs.
I passed on Major League Extra Innings this year for the first time, I do not ejoy watching baseball unless it is the Royals. I had the College Football this year and did not watch but maybe two games on it. College Basketball is worth the price I think, only because the Jayhawks are on so much.

Swanman
05-31-2005, 03:27 PM
You guys are going to be real happy with the price increase if you want to see games in HD. For the normal Sunday Ticket, it's $199 for auto-renew and $219 for the early subscribers not renewing. However, this year if you want games in HD (which were part of the package at no additional cost last year), you have to pay an additional $99 to buy the "Superfan" package. I emailed Directv about that, and after talking to a customer retention person, they agreed to give me the Superfan thing for free this year, so I just have the $20 increase from last year, not a $120 increase.

dirk digler
05-31-2005, 03:29 PM
Shit! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :cuss: :cuss: :mad:

I signed up for DTV just last year and I thought the price was pretty reasonable but now they are screwing us.

Oh well I guess I have to bend over and grab my ankles.

:cuss: :banghead:

Big Chief Homer
05-31-2005, 03:38 PM

Yeah I got my little yellow hanky today too.pretty cheesy for $200.00.

my renewal is also only $199.00.Last year they tried to jerk me around and didnt give me the auto-renewal.I just waited until the day before the season and called and bitched.

Plus I never got my free superbowl program....Bastards. :cuss:

HemiEd
05-31-2005, 03:40 PM
You guys are going to be real happy with the price increase if you want to see games in HD. For the normal Sunday Ticket, it's $199 for auto-renew and $219 for the early subscribers not renewing. However, this year if you want games in HD (which were part of the package at no additional cost last year), you have to pay an additional $99 to buy the "Superfan" package. I emailed Directv about that, and after talking to a customer retention person, they agreed to give me the Superfan thing for free this year, so I just have the $20 increase from last year, not a $120 increase.

I will be pissed if I can not pull off the same deal, I have been with them bastards since the beginning. I paid $500 for my first dish and installed it myself the bastages!
Did you notice that after the Chiefs were out of it last year they were no longer on the HD?

Pants
05-31-2005, 03:45 PM
Wouldn't it be cheaper to just go to a local bar? Jesus, that's a lot of money.

Swanman
05-31-2005, 03:46 PM
I will be pissed if I can not pull off the same deal, I have been with them bastards since the beginning. I paid $500 for my first dish and installed it myself the bastages!
Did you notice that after the Chiefs were out of it last year they were no longer on the HD?

If I were you, I'd send them an angry email through the "Contact Us" section of the website with your phone number. Their customer retention department will call you within a couple days and chances are if you've been a customer for several years they'll give you a credit for the extra $99.

Since CBS didn't carry many games in HD, they were handpicking the games to be in HD, which would explain why the Chiefs weren't in HD much in the 2nd half of the season. Fox is definitely light years ahead of CBS in the HD department for the NFL.

Chief Henry
05-31-2005, 03:53 PM
Mine either :banghead: :mad: :cuss:

Or mine.....but what if the CHIEFSS do it this year ! We may miss
some games........ :cuss:

Skip Towne
05-31-2005, 03:55 PM
Crybabies.

Bwana
05-31-2005, 03:55 PM

Define Cheap~

Beer Tab per game for two people for 16 games.

Burning the gas to get there for a season.

Eating some chow while at the bar for a season.

Sucking down a shit load of smoke 16 bonus time a year from sitting in a bar.

God forbid if one of those 16 times a guy picks up a DUI on the drive home.

I think I'll sack up and pay the $199.

HemiEd
05-31-2005, 03:56 PM

Not for me, they always have either the Packers or Bears audio on here. Like Brian said, the cost of drinks will more than offset the cost of the Sunday Ticket.

Baby Lee
05-31-2005, 03:59 PM
Well that seals it. I can get by with $10-12 at the Sports Zone watching every game in HD. No way, even if I have to go there for every game, that it takes more out of my wallet than Sunday Ticket would.

Eleazar
05-31-2005, 04:01 PM
$300 to watch the games in HD! holy moly.

Pants
05-31-2005, 04:01 PM
Not for me, they always have either the Packers or Bears audio on here. Like Brian said, the cost of drinks will more than offset the cost of the Sunday Ticket.

Yeah, but you can control how much you spend on drinks, while you pay a flat fee for DTV AND buy beer and food and drink and eat while watching home.

ROYC75
05-31-2005, 04:02 PM
I haven't gotten a renewal notice as of yet.......

Been a customer for 2 years, better not go up.Those basturds get $ 110.00 a month without the NFL and College BB packages. :banghead:

Baby Lee
05-31-2005, 04:05 PM
Psssst - without the beer, there's no huge tab, no DUI.
I buy a philly sammich, fries and a soda. Comes to 8.00. Sit there with flatscreens in HD wherever my eyes land. Can light up with abandon when things get tense. And I give the waitress a nice tip. Still get out way under the per game avg of the Ticket.

TRR
05-31-2005, 04:07 PM
$13.68 per game. It's worth it to me. I hate fighting off the drunks, and fighting over a TV with Bears fans. I'll pay $13.00 a game to get the KC games at home.

ROYC75
05-31-2005, 04:07 PM
We have no sportsbars here in Hicktown KY....... I have to pony up or not watch it.

ROYC75
05-31-2005, 04:08 PM
$13.68 per game. It's worth it to me. I hate fighting off the drunks, and fighting over a TV with Bears fans. I'll pay $13.00 a game to get the KC games at home.

I agree, but I will be dropping some other programming out of protest.

TRR
05-31-2005, 04:09 PM
I haven't gotten a renewal notice as of yet.......

Been a customer for 2 years, better not go up.Those basturds get $ 110.00 a month without the NFL and College BB packages. :banghead:

I called and complained today because I haven't gotten my renewal either. Although, the only thing I get from Direct TV is the NFL Sunday Ticket. I won't subscribe to a base package from DTV if my life depended on it.

Bwana
05-31-2005, 04:09 PM
Psssst - without the beer, there's no huge tab, no DUI.
I buy a philly sammich, fries and a soda. Comes to 8.00. Sit there with flatscreens in HD wherever my eyes land. Can light up with abandon when things get tense. And I give the waitress a nice tip. Still get out way under the per game avg of the Ticket.My main issue is I can't stand the fuggen smoke. To each their own, but I try to avoid places where the smoke is so thick I can cut it with a knife. I can go out to one of those places, not have a drop to drink and end up feeling like shit because of all the smoke I sucked in from being there.

Over-Head
05-31-2005, 04:11 PM
Or you could have a friend who owns a satalite company hot rod your card and get it for free because your tv is bigger than his ROFL

Baby Lee
05-31-2005, 04:16 PM
Or you could have a friend who owns a satalite company hot rod your card and get it for free because your tv is bigger than his ROFL
I hear Skip is some kind of thief. He's probably susceptible to bribery as well.

Bob Dole
05-31-2005, 04:31 PM

Not by a longshot.

It will have to climb close to $1000 to hit that point.

Nzoner
05-31-2005, 04:38 PM
I'm on hold right now with the bastages to try and find out what I'm looking at.With my set-up and only being here for 8 games this may be a tougher sell to the mrs.

Pants
05-31-2005, 04:41 PM
Not by a longshot.

It will have to climb close to $1000 to hit that point.

You know, you don't HAVE to spend $60 on drinks.

Skip Towne
05-31-2005, 04:42 PM
I hear Skip is some kind of thief. He's probably susceptible to bribery as well.
You keep screwing that all up. You (lawyer) are the thief. I am the nice guy. And there is no more "hot rodding" of cards that I know of.

HemiEd
05-31-2005, 04:44 PM

I do.

Pants
05-31-2005, 04:47 PM
I do.

Wanting doesn't equal having to.

Nzoner
05-31-2005, 04:49 PM

Seeing that the Chiefs have 2 Sunday night games,a Monday nighter and A Saturday late in the season that will not be a part of the DirecTV schedule,you're looking at 18.25 game.

Rain Man
05-31-2005, 04:51 PM
My main issue is I can't stand the fuggen smoke. To each their own, but I try to avoid places where the smoke is so thick I can cut it with a knife. I can go out to one of those places, not have a drop to drink and end up feeling like shit because of all the smoke I sucked in from being there.

Yeah, that's annoying. I used to sit in the nonsmoking section of my old sports bar, but the best viewing spot was at this bar where the other side of the bar (not the other end, the other side) was in the smoking area. So I had to sit two feet from smokers who were directly facing me. I'd come home and my wife would make me change clothes due to the smoke smell.

When I moved my company downtown, we ended up being only about a five-minute walk from the ESPNZone, which has a huge, sealed nonsmoking room. I now overpay for burgers, but it's worth it.

Bob Dole
05-31-2005, 04:55 PM

Bob Dole doesn't consider $10/hour too much to pay for entertainment, and the $60 includes a meal.

Bob Dole
05-31-2005, 04:57 PM
Seeing that the Chiefs have 2 Sunday night games,a Monday nighter and A Saturday late in the season that will not be a part of the DirecTV schedule,you're looking at 18.25 game.

Which is still just a little more than $6/hour.

Bob Dole decided a long time ago that Bob Dole spends enough time doing shit he doesn't particularly want to do, and as long as the cost of entertainment doesn't exceed the amount earned from doing shit Bob Dole doesn't want to do, it's all good.

Skip Towne
05-31-2005, 04:58 PM
You are ignoring the other 10-12 games you get per week.

Mr. Laz
05-31-2005, 05:02 PM
not doing it again this year either

their sunday ticket setup is for chit too

the games are an event, not a show so i can just set the DVR up to record a game.

the morning games are listed as 5 a.m. to 4 p.m and the afternoon games are listed at 3:30 to 7 p.m. The game times overlap so it screws it up even more.

any game shown on another network aren't shown EVEN if you don't get that network.

they don't repeat the games all through the week

200+ bucks!! ... what a rochambeau

Nzoner
05-31-2005, 05:02 PM
Which is still just a little more than $6/hour.

Bob Dole decided a long time ago that Bob Dole spends enough time doing shit he doesn't particularly want to do, and as long as the cost of entertainment doesn't exceed the amount earned from doing shit Bob Dole doesn't want to do, it's all good.

No argument here,I was just pointing it out.

What sucks on my end is I'll be paying for only 4 Chiefs games,I may have to figure out a way to start getting a few bucks from those other team fans who come over.

DTLB58
05-31-2005, 05:03 PM
I just got my yellow flag in the mail with the $199.95 offer so now it's down $20.

I watch all the games not just the Chiefs games because we are such FFL nuts here. But, It will just keep going up every year. I need to decide at what point is TOO much.

How much less could our packages been if they wouldn't have sent out those stupid yellow flags??? :rolleyes: I know, not much. I'm just pissed right now!

Nzoner
05-31-2005, 05:06 PM
You are ignoring the other 10-12 games you get per week.

Like I told Dole,in my situation I have to realistically look at it as though I'm paying for only 4 Chiefs games plus the additional $35 a month I pay for the extra tv's.

Don't get me wrong,I love being able to get the other games too,and am not bitching too much as I'm getting mine for $199.

1adam1238
05-31-2005, 05:06 PM

Well, my wife will can leave before she has a say in what football package I get to watch!!!!!

kcxiv
05-31-2005, 05:10 PM
Got no problems paying it. its either watch 16 raider games, or 16 chiefs games. hmmm... hard choice. I am in cali, and i say **** the raiders and the niners.

TRR
05-31-2005, 05:18 PM

I'd pay $50.00 a game if it means getting to watch it in the privacy of my own house. Oh, and you get every teams game...Not just KC's.

Frazod
05-31-2005, 05:20 PM
There's an AC/DC song that kind of sums it up; something about "gotcha by the balls."

Whatever they ask, I'll pay. What else can I do? Watch THE BEARS??? F#CK THAT!

:banghead:

Nzoner
05-31-2005, 05:23 PM
I'd pay $50.00 a game if it means getting to watch it in the privacy of my own house. Oh, and you get every teams game...Not just KC's.

Hell man I have to be one of DTV's better customers so I agree with you I was just pointing out the fact that the 4 other games change the math by about a 6 pack per game.

tomahawk kid
05-31-2005, 05:39 PM
I called and complained today because I haven't gotten my renewal either. Although, the only thing I get from Direct TV is the NFL Sunday Ticket. I won't subscribe to a base package from DTV if my life depended on it.

How did this go?

I was about to call since I didn't get a renewal notice either. I've re-upped for $219, but just realized that I should be paying $199.

Bwana
05-31-2005, 05:45 PM
There's an AC/DC song that kind of sums it up; something about "gotcha by the balls."

Whatever they ask, I'll pay. What else can I do? Watch THE BEARS??? F#CK THAT!

:banghead:
I'll tell you what Tim, that would suck like a shop vac, but in my market, guess who I would have to watch?

Skip Towne
05-31-2005, 05:46 PM
Hell man I have to be one of DTV's better customers so I agree with you I was just pointing out the fact that the 4 other games change the math by about a 6 pack per game.
I'm sure you are one of their better customers especially if you keep all those receivers active year around. It wouldn't surprise me if they would cut you a deal. Call and ask for customer retention.

Bwana
05-31-2005, 05:49 PM
I'll give you a hint:

elvomito
05-31-2005, 05:54 PM
How many total receivers can you have in your house?
someone recommended splitting the bill with him. in other words, he'll get a receiver/dish for me, hooked up, etc. all i have to do is split the bill and not plug in the phone line, so DTV doesn't know another address is hooked up.
sound good?

Nzoner
05-31-2005, 06:04 PM
I'm sure you are one of their better customers especially if you keep all those receivers active year around. It wouldn't surprise me if they would cut you a deal. Call and ask for customer retention.

Unfortunately,I only keep 2 receivers active year round,but I appreciate the head's up.

Skip Towne
05-31-2005, 06:08 PM
someone recommended splitting the bill with him. in other words, he'll get a receiver/dish for me, hooked up, etc. all i have to do is split the bill and not plug in the phone line, so DTV doesn't know another address is hooked up.
sound good?
That will work. Account sharing has become their biggest problem since they shut down the piracy. You will need extra dishes for the other residences. Want to buy some?

elvomito
05-31-2005, 06:34 PM
how much for the HDTV compatible ones?

Frazod
05-31-2005, 07:03 PM
I'll tell you what Tim, that would suck like a shop vac, but in my market, guess who I would have to watch?

Oh God :Lin:

Saving yourself from the evile Donx raises Sunday Ticket to the level of necessity.

Skip Towne
05-31-2005, 07:11 PM
They have come down in price recently. They were $1000 and now are around $600. Check ebay for them. They have them on there as cheap as I can buy them.

TRR
05-31-2005, 07:17 PM
How did this go?

I was about to call since I didn't get a renewal notice either. I've re-upped for $219, but just realized that I should be paying $199.

It took me about 15 minutes to explain the fact that all I had was the NFL Sunday Ticket and nothing else. She kept telling me the renewal fee will come on my next months bill, and I kept telling her I don't have monthly bills through Direct TV, just The Ticket. She finally just notated my account and said that the bill will be in the mail if it isn't already. I'll let you know what my total price is when I receive it, but she quoted my a $199.99 price.

DenverChief
05-31-2005, 07:17 PM
yowza.....hey Rainman wanna go halfers this year? :D

Abba-Dabba
05-31-2005, 07:40 PM
Wow, Wichita isn't so bad after all. Out of the blackout area but still close enough to get all the games on local stations. I wouldn't know what it is like to have to pay extra to see Chiefs on TV. Never had to do it.

cdcox
05-31-2005, 08:07 PM
True fans, like me, consider it an honor to pay more and more for NFL Sunday Ticket each year.

Bwana
05-31-2005, 08:14 PM
Oh God :Lin:

Saving yourself from the evile Donx raises Sunday Ticket to the level of necessity.

Under the circumstances, it comes just before making the house payment or paying the heat bill in the dead of winter.

stevieray
05-31-2005, 08:19 PM
I got it back in Colorado when it first came out. 159 bucks. I bought it the next year for 169(IIRC), then moved home to KC. While it has become a cash cow, I have to admit I'd pay for it again, than be inundated with Invesco crap day in and day out.

Frazod
05-31-2005, 08:20 PM
Under the circumstances, it comes just before making the house payment or paying the heat bill in the dead of winter.

I'd say it ranks right under oxygen. :spock:

Skip Towne
05-31-2005, 08:27 PM
True fans, like me, consider it an honor to pay more and more for NFL Sunday Ticket each year.
Bless you, brother Cox!!

Skip Towne
05-31-2005, 08:29 PM
I'd say it ranks right under oxygen. :spock:
ROFL So true

Nzoner
05-31-2005, 08:30 PM

Oh yeah,well Real Fans have tickets. :D

Skip Towne
05-31-2005, 08:43 PM
Oh yeah,well Real Fans have tickets. :D
If you listen to Carl, only "real fans" have tickets. But if you listen to common sense you will see that those "real fans" are what is causing the problem. As long as you pay their price, it will continue to escalate. Only refusing to buy tickets can keep the ticket prices within the reach of the common man who actually is the "real fan".

jspchief
05-31-2005, 08:46 PM
Great. I finally decide this is the year to switch to sattelite, and it's comes with a fat increase in NFL Sunday ticket price.

The worst part is, I'm getting it more for the Broncos games than the Chiefs games.

Anyone want to clue me in on what I should be looking for in terms of deals?

dtebbe
05-31-2005, 08:54 PM
It's also $90 extra this year for the HD games.

DT

Nzoner
05-31-2005, 08:55 PM
Great. I finally decide this is the year to switch to sattelite, and it's comes with a fat increase in NFL Sunday ticket price.

The worst part is, I'm getting it more for the Broncos games than the Chiefs games.

My understanding is two prices

$219 if you're not on automatic renewal and/or new

$199 if on automatic renewal

Manila-Chief
05-31-2005, 11:33 PM
It took me about 15 minutes to explain the fact that all I had was the NFL Sunday Ticket and nothing else. She kept telling me the renewal fee will come on my next months bill, and I kept telling her I don't have monthly bills through Direct TV, just The Ticket. She finally just notated my account and said that the bill will be in the mail if it isn't already. I'll let you know what my total price is when I receive it, but she quoted my a $199.99 price.

What's the deal? I thought one had to be a subscriber to get the Sunday ticket? How does it work if you don't subscribe to DTV?

I am asking because come the middle of December I'll be setting up back there. I believe cable internet is the fastest broadband, and I think VOIP is the cheapest way to do telephone. But, as I recall neither will work with DTV. Thus, if I could get the Sunday Ticket and cable .... is that possible?

I believe DTV does have the best thing for TV viewing ... at least according to Skip and a website or 2 I've seen. So, it is a complicated matter.

Any personal experience and/or advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

TRR
05-31-2005, 11:41 PM
What's the deal? I thought one had to be a subscriber to get the Sunday ticket? How does it work if you don't subscribe to DTV?

I am asking because come the middle of December I'll be setting up back there. I believe cable internet is the fastest broadband, and I think VOIP is the cheapest way to do telephone. But, as I recall neither will work with DTV. Thus, if I could get the Sunday Ticket and cable .... is that possible?

I believe DTV does have the best thing for TV viewing ... at least according to Skip and a website or 2 I've seen. So, it is a complicated matter.

Thanks

I ordered the NFL Sunday Ticket the 1st year they offered it. They offered it on a single basis the first year, and a couple of years after. Therefore I got grandfathered in....Now you have to order a package.

Manila-Chief
05-31-2005, 11:48 PM
Thanks man!!! I was afraid there was something like that going on.

The Bad Guy
06-01-2005, 12:20 AM

I'd wait until July and then they normally have some good deals for new customers involving NFL Sunday Ticket.

The Bad Guy
06-01-2005, 12:23 AM

I think if you just received Sunday Ticket before they had the rule you had to subscribe to one of their package deals then they will let you keep getting Sunday Ticket alone.

BigMeatballDave
06-01-2005, 01:50 AM
Wouldn't it be cheaper to just go to a local bar? Jesus, that's a lot of money.I don't drink and I hate bars. Too damn many obnoxious Steeler fans. Nothing beats the friendly confines of
my livingroom and my own TV with Tivo...

BigMeatballDave
06-01-2005, 01:56 AM
Heck, I'm surprised Denver hasn't banned smoking in bars.Pole-smoking will always be legal in Denver...

BigMeatballDave
06-01-2005, 02:08 AM
Oh yeah,well Real Fans have tickets. :DI would agree, but I live in Ohio. Thats next to impossible for me...

tomahawk kid
06-01-2005, 05:52 AM
It's also $90 extra this year for the HD games.

DT

Weren't they all in HD last year?

UTChief
06-01-2005, 08:07 AM
I think if you just received Sunday Ticket before they had the rule you had to subscribe to one of their package deals then they will let you keep getting Sunday Ticket alone.

This is true, I am set up this way I have regular cable and direct tv but
I only have NFL sunday ticket and HBO because I set it up that way befor they changed the rules. I works bothways I wanted to add the sports package and they wont let me unless I get the basic package.
They even interupt my service on the nfl channel I only get it during the NFL season.

Skip Towne
06-01-2005, 11:45 AM
I misunderstood and gave you the HD receiver price. The HD dish is $50 and I have some.

Skip Towne
06-01-2005, 11:53 AM

Thanks
You can use cable for your internet and DTV for your TV.

jspchief
06-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Hey Skip. Check the thread I just started. I need some help.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=117188

BigMeatballDave
06-01-2005, 12:00 PM
I misunderstood and gave you the HD receiver price. Are their HD receiver prices ever going to come down?

jidar
06-01-2005, 12:06 PM
I had season ticket back when it wasn't ridiculously priced but turned it off a couple years ago. But last week I just bought a brand new 52" HDTV in anticipation of turning Season Ticket back up for the full HD NFL experience.. but $219 + $99? ARGH!

Jeez... I guess I'll just stick with whatever I can get Off-air.. unfortunately with ESPN having MNF and me not having a local espn affiliate I'll probably be stuck in boring old tv mode on monday nights. *sigh*

Skip Towne
06-01-2005, 12:21 PM
I had season ticket back when it wasn't ridiculously priced but turned it off a couple years ago. But last week I just bought a brand new 52" HDTV in anticipation of turning Season Ticket back up for the full HD NFL experience.. but $219 + $99? ARGH!

Jeez... I guess I'll just stick with whatever I can get Off-air.. unfortunately with ESPN having MNF and me not having a local espn affiliate I'll probably be stuck in boring old tv mode on monday nights. *sigh*
:deevee:

Rain Man
06-01-2005, 01:39 PM
Heck, I'm surprised Denver hasn't banned smoking in bars.

I think that Boulder has outlawed smoking anywhere in the city limits.

And if you're a pit bull that's smoking, it's a pretty stiff sentence.

Rain Man
06-01-2005, 01:41 PM
yowza.....hey Rainman wanna go halfers this year? :D

Hey, it's my job to bring the soda.

I may be getting a big screen TV for the office this year. If I close the deal, we can order Sunday Ticket and watch it on a big scale.

tomahawk kid
06-01-2005, 01:41 PM

So they can just come into your home, for no other reason than to get your dog (whose presumably done nothing wrong) and destroy it?

Sounds very "Pinkerton" like....

Rain Man
06-01-2005, 01:44 PM
So they can just come into your home, for no other reason than to get your dog (whose presumably done nothing wrong) and destroy it?

Sounds very "Pinkerton" like....

It's kind of screwed up, isn't it?

We've had several high-profile dog attacks here, and the City has overreacted. I don't think that law is going to last very long.

Bob Dole
06-06-2005, 03:03 PM
Bob Dole finally got his renewal notice today and didn't even get the yellow thing.

$199 and a ****ing paper football.

Yes, a paper ****ing football like you used to fold in 4th grade.

BigRedChief
06-06-2005, 03:06 PM
I wish I had it but alas.....Gots to have my cable for the internet and too cheap to pay for both.

ROYC75
06-06-2005, 03:07 PM
Mine is $ 199.00 as well........

Uncle Fester
06-06-2005, 03:14 PM

I'll be right over to shoot ya!:)

Nzoner
06-06-2005, 07:07 PM
Bob Dole finally got his renewal notice today and didn't even get the yellow thing.

I got a personalized paper ****ing football and the screen printed flag today when I'd rather just payed $10 less.

Skip Towne
06-06-2005, 09:45 PM

Bitch, bitch, bitch. I think you're a woman. Roberta_Dole.

KcFanNindy
06-07-2005, 12:06 AM
sound good?

You can have up to 8 recievers in the house, i do this to all my family members. I make them pay $20 a month to offset the cost of the additional recievers ( 4.99) plus the 15.00 for HBO and Showtime with all the other channels....it works then football season comes and i purchase it , it works out when you take care of friends and family. As long as they pay you.

J Diddy
06-07-2005, 12:51 AM
Dang, when I was a kid I only got $5 a week allowance. Sure would suck to blow that all on TV.

Not if it was quality porn.

Bob Dole
06-07-2005, 10:57 AM
Bitch, bitch, bitch. I think you're a woman. Roberta_Dole.

Perhaps that 70's ad campaign was correct and you really <b>are</b> what you eat.