PDA

View Full Version : Pick the three all-time greatest Pittsburgh Steelers.

Rain Man
06-01-2005, 06:28 PM
My rule is that all Hall of Famers are automatically on the list, and I think that forced me to kick off some even better players. Strong, strong list.

Hammock Parties
06-01-2005, 06:29 PM
Anyone that votes for Terry Bradshaw loses a testicle.

Hammock Parties
06-01-2005, 06:29 PM
I already know who I'm voting for:

Franco Harris, Mean Joe Greene and Jack Lambert.

PUT BONG MORRIS ON THE POLL!

Rain Man
06-01-2005, 06:38 PM
Wow, this is the toughest poll yet. There are about eight guys that I could legitimately vote for.

Jenson71
06-01-2005, 06:39 PM
Bradshaw called his own plays man!

Hammock Parties
06-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Bradshaw called his own plays man!

Yeah. "Handoff to Franco," "Pitch to Franco," "Screen to Franco," "Post to Swann/Stallworth," "Slant to Swann/Stallworth," "Streak to Swann/Stallworth."

And if all else failed he could dump it to Rocky "Kimble Anders" Bleier.

Rain Man
06-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Man, check out Ernie Stautner. He made nine pro bowls on teams that stank, and he was a second ballot hall of famer.

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=202

Hammock Parties
06-01-2005, 06:42 PM
What a ****ing dynasty. I hate steeler fans.

WHO VOTED FOR BRADSHAW?

Ultra Peanut
06-01-2005, 06:46 PM
Anyone that votes for Terry Bradshaw loses a testicle.I didn't vote for Bradshaw.

:sulk:

HemiEd
06-01-2005, 07:01 PM
Ham, Lambert and Bradshaw. :rolleyes:

RealSNR
06-01-2005, 07:47 PM
If you dont' vote for Franco Harris, you're not a real Chiefs fan

cdcox
06-01-2005, 08:15 PM
Joe Greene, Jack Lambert, and Jack Ham

old_geezer
06-01-2005, 08:15 PM
Tough choice---lots of great talent here. I voted for Lambert, Green, and Bradshaw.

Oh....gochiefs..........before you try to take my balls you'd better grow a pair yourself. ROFL

Hammock Parties
06-01-2005, 08:19 PM
Tough choice---lots of great talent here. I voted for Lambert, Green, and Bradshaw.

Oh....gochiefs..........before you try to take my balls you'd better grow a pair yourself. ROFL

I employ a third-party neutering process to do my dirty work. Two words: "Ice Pirates."

Rausch
06-01-2005, 08:20 PM
Wow, this is the toughest poll yet. There are about eight guys that I could legitimately vote for.

Yup.

The Steelers have had an unbelievable amount of HOF level talent over the years.

I went with Joe Greene, Lambert, and Rod Woodson...

old_geezer
06-01-2005, 08:21 PM
I employ a third-party neutering process to do my dirty work. Two words: "Ice Pirates."

Touche.........great movie :)

Hammock Parties
06-01-2005, 08:27 PM
Touche.........great movie :)

I wish I had a screencap of the crotch-eye view shot from that movie...just before the..... *snip*

chagrin
06-01-2005, 08:28 PM

Lambert, Franco, Bradshaw
Bradshaw for a few reasons...

Called his own plays (I don't care that he had Swanny to throw to, he MADE plays, just like Montana, Unitas or any other old timer did - everything he did wasn't perfect, he had to scramble around like a mad man for many years. that's the thing about those teams, they didn't have the best O-Line, they just had playmakers, including Bradshaw.)

On the other hand GoChiefs, I also voted for you as my favorite planet member, of course there were only a few choices... :rolleyes:

Rain Man
06-01-2005, 09:26 PM
I didn't vote for Bradshaw.

:sulk:

ROFL

Don't worry. There's always the chance of an industrial accident.

Chiefnj
06-01-2005, 09:29 PM
I went with Lambert, Greene and Blount.

Rausch
06-01-2005, 09:35 PM
ROFL

Don't worry. There's always the chance of an industrial accident.

Not funny, I almost became Psicosis once... :shake:

Hydrae
06-01-2005, 09:38 PM
Lambert and Greene seem to be pretty much the consensus vote. I went with Harris as third but my favorite Steeler of all time was Swan. Most acrobatric receiver I ever saw.

Fairplay
06-02-2005, 02:51 AM
What a list to choose from.

I picked Ham, Lambert and Swan.

That team had some good players through the years. I think a current player of theirs, Hinds Ward is fantastic and doesn't get as much press coverage as he deserves.

whoman69
06-02-2005, 08:01 AM
why should we come down to your level? you may as well cut both off for all the good they do you.

ChiTown
06-02-2005, 08:19 AM
Lambert, Blount and Bradshaw.

Lambert was just a tough SOB that changed how the offenses would approach the Steelers. Bradshaw was a winner, and the leader of those great Steelers of the 70's. Blount was one of the most physical corners I've ever seen. He was fast, smart and could lay the wood.

I like Mean Joe, but I never thought he was the reason the Steel Curtain was so dominant.

Amnorix
06-02-2005, 08:57 AM
Mean Joe Green

Jack Lambert

The above two are easy. For number 3 I'll go with Mike Webster, who might be the best C in NFL history. 6 time all-pro and 9 time Pro Bowler.

milkman
06-02-2005, 09:29 AM
Lambert, Blount and Bradshaw.

Lambert was just a tough SOB that changed how the offenses would approach the Steelers. Bradshaw was a winner, and the leader of those great Steelers of the 70's. Blount was one of the most physical corners I've ever seen. He was fast, smart and could lay the wood.

I like Mean Joe, but I never thought he was the reason the Steel Curtain was so dominant.

The guy (Greene) was a dominating force in the middle of that defensive line.
He was constantly double teamed, sometimes even triple teamed, and he still made plays.

He was not only the leader of the defense, he was the leader of that team.

I watched a show about those Steeler teams a few days ago on ESPN, and Rocky Blier and Jack Ham both talked about Greene standing up in the locker room early in Bradshaw's career when he was struggling and players were grumbling that Hanratty should be playing.
They both essentially said that Greene "suggested" that the team should support Bradshaw, and from that time on, not another grumbling was heard.

If I could pick any DT to build a defense around, after Buck Buchannon, Greene would be my second choice.

redfan
06-02-2005, 09:32 AM
Harris, Greene, and yes, Bradshaw.

ct
06-02-2005, 11:55 AM
Wow, what an impossible task to pick only 3 Steelers!!!

I went with Ham, Lambert and Mean-Joe Greene. Very hard for me to leave out Mike Webster!

shakesthecat
06-02-2005, 12:34 PM
Lambert, Green, and Bradshaw.

Rain Man
06-02-2005, 12:38 PM
At the risk of agreeing with gochiefs, I'm a bit surprised by the level of support for Terry Bradshaw. I definitely think he was a strong quarterback, but on this particular list he wasn't in my top half-dozen.