PDA

View Full Version : Go Spurs Go!!

Deberg_1990
06-01-2005, 09:50 PM
A Dynasty in the making?? 3rd NBA finals appearance in the past 7 seasons!

Hammock Parties
06-01-2005, 09:53 PM
Eat shit.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-01-2005, 09:55 PM
Congrats to the Spurs and the referees on a great victory tonight.

Deberg_1990
06-01-2005, 09:55 PM
Lord, Jim Gray is a Dueshbag. Why do networks keep hiring this turd?

DenverChief
06-01-2005, 10:08 PM

ROFL :deevee: :deevee: ROFL

Chiefs Pantalones
06-01-2005, 10:20 PM
ROFL :deevee: :deevee: ROFL

They didn't call another foul on Duncan until the game was surely out of reach. That's why I'm not as big on the NBA as I used to be is because the officiating is terrible anymore, almost to the point that the old cliche, "if you are good enough, you will beat the team and the officiating" doesn't mean shit when it comes to the NBA.

And I hate it when the announcers talk about how good the Spurs or the Pistons D is when more than half the time in basketball is when your D is just the other team missing open shots. In game 2 Staudemire missed a wide open 17 footer and Walton says, "that was great defense right there against Amare." I was like, WTF? No one even touched him or put a hand in his face. Defense in basketball is overstated. It just comes down to who hits their shots, and who doesn't; who gets hot and who gets cold. Because unlike in other sports, if you get hot in basketball, no defense can stop you, that's why D is overstated.

Heck pretty soon there will be no defense in the NFL. They'll make it to where if you put just one hand on the WR, it's a penalty....wait a minute...that's already present. :banghead:

NJ Chief Fan
06-01-2005, 10:32 PM
spurs won :shake: :cuss:

they cant run with the champs

2PEAT AH HAHAHAHA :)

Miles
06-01-2005, 10:36 PM
Lord, Jim Gray is a Dueshbag. Why do networks keep hiring this turd?

Yep, his halftime interviews couldn't be more worthless.

kcxiv
06-02-2005, 12:51 AM
**** the spurs.

Infidel Goat
06-02-2005, 08:30 AM
Just to spur on some abuse, I might as well admit that I have a rookie year Tim Duncan action figure in my office.

--Infidel Goat

Lzen
06-02-2005, 08:39 AM
They didn't call another foul on Duncan until the game was surely out of reach. That's why I'm not as big on the NBA as I used to be is because the officiating is terrible anymore, almost to the point that the old cliche, "if you are good enough, you will beat the team and the officiating" doesn't mean shit when it comes to the NBA.

And I hate it when the announcers talk about how good the Spurs or the Pistons D is when more than half the time in basketball is when your D is just the other team missing open shots. In game 2 Staudemire missed a wide open 17 footer and Walton says, "that was great defense right there against Amare." I was like, WTF? No one even touched him or put a hand in his face. Defense in basketball is overstated. It just comes down to who hits their shots, and who doesn't; who gets hot and who gets cold. Because unlike in other sports, if you get hot in basketball, no defense can stop you, that's why D is overstated.

Heck pretty soon there will be no defense in the NFL. They'll make it to where if you put just one hand on the WR, it's a penalty....wait a minute...that's already present. :banghead:

It is good defense if they force him to take a shot that is not in his normal comfort range. I don't know if I saw the shot in question but I do know that if you force the opponent to do things that they aren't real good at, that is playing good defense.

FWIW,
I've liked the Suns since back in the Charles Barkley, Danny Ainge, AC Green, Kevin Johnson, and Dan Majerle days. But I knew they didn't stand much of a chance in this series. As great as Steve Nash is on the offensive end, he's a liability on the defensive end.

Skip Towne
06-02-2005, 08:49 AM
Yeah, Spurs please go. Just GO!

Stinger
06-02-2005, 08:50 AM
Yeah, Spurs please go. Just GO! "and Win the whole thing"

Fixed your post for you

TNTEICHER
06-02-2005, 09:29 AM

Obviously you didn't watch game 5 or you would know the refs tried to make this atleast a 6 game series. The calls were terrible.
During Waltons commentary they would show the "foul" in slow mo and he would comment that he wouldn't see the fouls that went against the Spurs.
The two things that kept the Suns in the game were the refs and Stoudamire (dude is a stud).

redfan
06-02-2005, 09:38 AM
FWIW,
I've liked the Suns since back in the Charles Barkley, Danny Ainge, AC Green, Kevin Johnson, and Dan Majerle days.

Whaaat, no Tom Chambers?

Congrats to the Spurs. GO Heat!! A Wade/Parker m/u would be interesting.

Brock
06-02-2005, 09:54 AM
I'm sure it was very exciting for all 8 people who watched it.

Lzen
06-02-2005, 10:00 AM
Whaaat, no Tom Chambers?

Congrats to the Spurs. GO Heat!! A Wade/Parker m/u would be interesting.

OMG, I totally forgot about Chambers. Good times those were.

J Diddy
06-02-2005, 10:03 AM
Just to spur on some abuse, I might as well admit that I have a rookie year Tim Duncan action figure in my office.

--Infidel Goat

Don't you mean doll?

Stinger
06-02-2005, 09:45 PM
spurs won :shake: :cuss:

they cant run with the champs

2PEAT AH HAHAHAHA :)

:shake:

Miami 88-76 Piss-tons

down 3-2

Deberg_1990
06-04-2005, 08:50 PM
Detroit wins again tonight. Series all tied up at 3 apiece now. The Spurs will be well rested for whoever they play. I see the Spurs winning in 6 games against whoever they play.