PDA

View Full Version : Yanks Have Closed Door Meeting; Losing Minds!

gblowfish
06-02-2005, 11:44 AM
The Yankees are losing their collective minds as they can't believe they're in possible position to be swept by the "lowly" Royals. I think we should change the name from "Kansas City Royals" to "Lowly Royals" as that's how it usually appears in national sports headlines. I'd love to see Steinbrenner's head explode if we actually win tonight! Talk about David Vs. Goliath. Go Royals....Yankee's Bite the Big One!

Story from AP is here:

Joe Torre closed the Yankees' clubhouse after his team failed to muster much offense in another dispiriting loss to the lowly Kansas City Royals .

Other than Bernie Williams' ninth-inning home run Wednesday night, New York batters didn't provide any support for Randy Johnson in a 3-1 loss to host Kansas City, their second straight loss to the Royals and fourth in a row overall.

"I just didn't like what I saw," Torre said. "It's just as basic as that. I'm unhappy. I won't go as far as saying I'm discouraged."

It's the third four-game slide this year for the Yankees, who had won 16 of 18 before losing two in a row to Boston.

"We're flat and we need to do something about it," Torre said.

Emil Brown hit a two-run homer as the Royals beat Johnson for the first time in 12 years.

D. J. Carrasco (1-1) threw six shutout innings for his first major league win as a starter and Buddy Bell improved to 2-0 as Royals manager. The Royals hadn't won a series against the Yankees since Aug. 11-13, 2003.

"When you're playing a team like the Yankees, everybody pretty much brings their 'A' game," Carrasco said. "Having a new manager come in at the same time, everything's coming together."

Johnson (5-4), who has 251 major league wins, had been 9-0 with one save and a 3.03 ERA in 14 games — all wins by his teams — since he last lost to the Royals on May 21, 1993.

He gave up nine hits and three runs, with one walk and seven strikeouts as his career record against the Royals dropped to 12-7.

chiefqueen
06-02-2005, 11:51 AM
THE YANKEES ARE IMPLODING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-02-2005, 12:01 PM
Those poor lowly Yankees....

Nzoner
06-02-2005, 12:04 PM
Those poor lowly Yankees....

Holy shit look what the cat dragged in.

Spicy McHaggis
06-02-2005, 12:11 PM
BREAK UP THE ROYALS!!!!!

Baby Lee
06-02-2005, 12:13 PM
I'll let the mods take care of it, but Cad, even if that's a whizzinator, I sense you're gonna tick some people off, especially those at work.

That said, thought the Cards season couldn't make BB more enjoyable, then my old flame Royals take it to the Yankmes.

:thumb:

cadmonkey
06-02-2005, 12:25 PM
I'll let the mods take care of it, but Cad, even if that's a whizzinator, I sense you're gonna tick some people off, especially those at work.

That said, thought the Cards season couldn't make BB more enjoyable, then my old flame Royals take it to the Yankmes.

Sorry, I knew that picture was out of line, I meant to post this one. They were right next to eachother............

Hammock Parties
06-02-2005, 12:27 PM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/MOOW111060123_800x600.jpg

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/MOOW101060120_1024x768.jpg

Baby Lee
06-02-2005, 12:28 PM
Sorry, I knew that picture was out of line, I meant to post this one. They were right next to eachother............
It was a quality pic, though. And I'm glad I got the chance to chuckle at it.

Calcountry
06-02-2005, 12:29 PM
Way to go Royals. I did a double take at the out of town scoreboard at the A's game last night. I'm like COOL!!11!!1 thats 2 in a Row for my homies from KC.

Keep up the good work and beat the bastiges Yankmees.

Everybody loves to hate the Yankmees.

cadmonkey
06-02-2005, 12:35 PM
Still loving last year..........

Baby Lee
06-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Still loving last year..........
You have the one where they PSed a purse on A-Rod's arm when he tried to bat the ball out of the 1st base man's glove?

Brando
06-02-2005, 12:38 PM
Man, next thing you know people might actually start going to Wizards games. Someone check the bible for Royals beating the Yankees as a start to the apocolypse.

cadmonkey
06-02-2005, 01:57 PM
You have the one where they PSed a purse on A-Rod's arm when he tried to bat the ball out of the 1st base man's glove?

Sure do my man!!!

Saulbadguy
06-02-2005, 02:00 PM

Old flame? Eh? You kicked them out of bed already?