PDA

View Full Version : New Mizzou Logo

vailpass
06-02-2005, 05:10 PM
An Iowa Hawkeye fan that is pissed off at Mizzou for backing out of our schedule at the last minute has come up with a t-shirt bearing the "new" Mizzou Logo: the Tiger Chicken

vailpass
06-02-2005, 05:13 PM
An Iowa Hawkeye fan that is pissed off at Mizzou for backing out of our schedule at the last minute has come up with a t-shirt bearing the "new" Mizzou Logo: the Tiger Chicken

http://iowa.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=804&tid=53345263&sid=&style=2

|Zach|
06-02-2005, 05:13 PM
I bet he is very proud of that.

Bob Dole
06-02-2005, 05:14 PM
The Chiger!

Zebedee DuBois
06-02-2005, 05:14 PM
The Fighting Egglayers ????

Pants
06-02-2005, 05:15 PM

Hahaha, you know it's good.

nychief
06-02-2005, 05:15 PM
wow. that was even stupider than expected.

|Zach|
06-02-2005, 05:16 PM
Hahaha, you know it's good.
C'mon now...if you are going to go out of your way to do a logo to rip on another shcool you might as well make it look cool.

Pants
06-02-2005, 05:17 PM
C'mon now...if you are going to go out of your way to do a logo to rip on another shcool you might as well make it look cool.

I think it looks hella good. Could you do better?

beer bacon
06-02-2005, 05:18 PM
I think it looks hella good. Could you do better?

I think I could do hella better.

|Zach|
06-02-2005, 05:18 PM
I think it looks hella good. Could you do better?He took clipart of a chicken and put it on top of an older Mizzou logo. I still fail to see the creativity.

vailpass
06-02-2005, 05:20 PM

There are quite a few people who are pissed off at Mizzou for pussing out at the last minute on our football schedule. We had to plug UNI into the pre-season which does nothelp strength of schedule rankings. Of course as things have turned out playing Mizzou would not have helped the SOS rankings much more than UNI.

Jesus quit being a nerd and critiquing the photoshop skill level. That's not the point at all.

Pants
06-02-2005, 05:21 PM
He took clipart of a chicken and put it on top of an older Mizzou logo. I still fail to see the creativity.

They have clipart of a chicken that looks like a tiger (orange with black stripes)? I really like it, if you can do better - props to you.

|Zach|
06-02-2005, 05:23 PM
There are quite a few people who are pissed off at Mizzou for pussing out at the last minute on our football schedule. We had to plug UNI into the pre-season which does nothelp strength of schedule rankings. Of course as things have turned out playing Mizzou would not have helped the SOS rankings much more than UNI.

Jesus quit being a nerd and critiquing the photoshop skill level. That's not the point at all.

If it makes you whine then I support it.

KChiefs1
06-02-2005, 05:24 PM
Idiots
Out
Walking
Around

vailpass
06-02-2005, 05:26 PM
If it makes you whine then I support it.
I'm glad to give a Mizzou fan something to support; you certainly don't have that need satisfied by your football "team". :p

|Zach|
06-02-2005, 05:27 PM
I'm glad to give a Mizzou fan something to support; you certainly don't have that need satisfied by your football "team". :p

I love watching Mizzou ball, it has its ups and downs like all the teams I support.

DJay23
06-02-2005, 05:27 PM
I hate Mizzou almost as much as, well, anyone and even I think it looks stupid. Come up with something a little more creative.

When I read the thread title I thought it would be a picture of some labia spread over a big pink "M."

|Zach|
06-02-2005, 05:28 PM
I hate Mizzou almost as much as, well, anyone and even I think it looks stupid. Come up with something a little more creative.

When I read the thread title I thought it would be a picture of some labia spread over a big pink "M."

Heh, ya that was my main point...it isn't that creative and therfore is not funny.

vailpass
06-02-2005, 05:31 PM

I didn't create the logo; a guy that posts on Rivals made it. He wants to print shirts with that logo on the front and the line"at least Panthers aren't pussies" for the UNI (Panthers) game.

Maybe an internet BB is the wrong place to bring this up; you get so caught up in your nerd critiquing of the photoshop skills displayed that you miss the point.

Ultra Peanut
06-02-2005, 05:33 PM
I bet he is very proud of that.ROFL

|Zach|
06-02-2005, 05:34 PM
ROFL

Dude you are missing the point.

The point was very deep and you just missed it.

Pants
06-02-2005, 05:35 PM

ROFL That would be nice, but it wouldn't exaclty be approproate to post on an Internet BB or print on a T-Shirt. The logo is pretty nice, the chicken looks like a tiger and you get the point. I'd like to see you and Zach come up with something "creative" (WTF?) to beat this guy.

Demonpenz
06-02-2005, 05:37 PM
I thought the M was going to include a flight of stairs and have an basketball player push his girlfriend down it

Skip Towne
06-02-2005, 05:42 PM
What a cool logo. Creative too what with the tiger striped chicken. Now THAT'S funny.

Rausch
06-02-2005, 05:50 PM

Knobraska fans have perfected Mizzou smack. They've had decades to practice, even I have to admit they come up with some good $#it...

This is weak. Using the cowardly lion from the wizard of Oz would have been witty at least...

alanm
06-02-2005, 05:59 PM
Hawkeye fans have nothing to squawk about teams backing out against them when Iowa is constantly turning down chances to play the Huskers in home and home games. :shake:

Mastashake
06-02-2005, 06:09 PM
What the hell is it with people HAVING to cheer for a team which MUST make it to a bowl game every year? I know it's against human nature to cheer for a losing team, but I would think some of you would at least have the integrity to UNDERSTAND why Tiger fans hang around. You can't help who you cheer for, and if you disagree, you aren't a real fan.

Its kinda like how all these KU fans seemingly disappear during the fall, until basketball season starts, and then they're like, "OOOOH YEAAH BABY, SCREW MIZZOU, WE'RE GONNA WHOOP UP ON ThEM!" IT's like their football team isn't good enough for them, cause they don't win enough.

Now if this doesn't apply to you, that's great. You're a true fan, and consequently there's no reason to post back saying you aren't like this. But for all of you who will only cheer for a University which has a chance, congratulations, you're a fair-weather NCAA fan.

Mastashake

Pants
06-02-2005, 06:12 PM
What the hell is it with people HAVING to cheer for a team which MUST make it to a bowl game every year? I know it's against human nature to cheer for a losing team, but I would think some of you would at least have the integrity to UNDERSTAND why Tiger fans hang around. You can't help who you cheer for, and if you disagree, you aren't a real fan.

Its kinda like how all these KU fans seemingly disappear during the fall, until basketball season starts, and then they're like, "OOOOH YEAAH BABY, SCREW MIZZOU, WE'RE GONNA WHOOP UP ON ThEM!" IT's like their football team isn't good enough for them, cause they don't win enough.

Now if this doesn't apply to you, that's great. You're a true fan, and consequently there's no reason to post back saying you aren't like this. But for all of you who will only cheer for a University which has a chance, congratulations, you're a fair-weather NCAA fan.

Mastashake

What? The discussion is about your team (which was dominated by KU two years in a row) pussying out of a game. Maybe I'm missing something, but what does this have to do with fairweather fans?

Pants
06-02-2005, 06:15 PM
Bullshit. My forefathers died so I could wear a t-shirt w/ labia on it.

And WTF is "approproate" anyway?

But, yeah, you have the right to, but would you actually do it? Well, OK, scratch that - you would - but how many others would?

Demonpenz
06-02-2005, 06:16 PM
Bullshit. My forefathers died so I could wear a t-shirt w/ labia on it.

no i am pretty sure they died because they drank to much

Demonpenz
06-02-2005, 06:17 PM
metrolike reminds me of that kid in high school where you would look the other way when he walks up to you because you know he is a close talker and a loud talker and is annoying as shit, but instead of hiding in a locker i have to use the scroll feature on my mouse when i see his posts

Mastashake
06-02-2005, 06:18 PM
What? The discussion is about your team (which was dominated by KU two years in a row) pussying out of a game. Maybe I'm missing something, but what does this have to do with fairweather fans?

First off, how is it "pussying" out when it wouldn't have mattered anyway. Jesus, you make it sound like it crushed your dreams of BCS. Michigan would have still gotten it, even with Mizzou on the schedule. Don't make it sound like every other university other than Mizzou is pristine.

Any my point is all these Iowa fans come out of the woodwork during the Football season, and then end up becoming KU fans during basketball season. People who cheer for more than one college do so because they don't like losing, which is weak.

Mastashake

Pants
06-02-2005, 06:21 PM
metrolike reminds me of that kid in high school where you would look the other way when he walks up to you because you know he is a close talker and a loud talker and is annoying as shit, but instead of hiding in a locker i have to use the scroll feature on my mouse when i see his posts

WTF did I do to annoy you this much?

vailpass
06-02-2005, 06:21 PM
Hawkeye fans have nothing to squawk about teams backing out against them when Iowa is constantly turning down chances to play the Huskers in home and home games. :shake:

You do not want any part of the Hawks. Those days have come and gone for Nebraska. For god' sake you have Callahan as your coach.

Saulbadguy
06-02-2005, 06:22 PM
**** Missouri. 12 in a row, biatches.

vailpass
06-02-2005, 06:25 PM
First off, how is it "pussying" out when it wouldn't have mattered anyway. Jesus, you make it sound like it crushed your dreams of BCS. Michigan would have still gotten it, even with Mizzou on the schedule. Don't make it sound like every other university other than Mizzou is pristine.

Any my point is all these Iowa fans come out of the woodwork during the Football season, and then end up becoming KU fans during basketball season. People who cheer for more than one college do so because they don't like losing, which is weak.

Mastashake

I'm from Iowa, I went to Iowa, I know Iowa. I do not know ONE Hawk who roots for KU hoops over Iowa hoops (as sorry assed as Iowa hoops is right now).
We might root for some of our Iowa products that play for KU but as far as being KU b-ball fans? You are way off base with that one.

Saulbadguy
06-02-2005, 06:29 PM
This of course coming after the Huskers back away from the mighty Houston Cougars...

Mastashake
06-02-2005, 06:33 PM
I'm from Iowa, I went to Iowa, I know Iowa. I do not know ONE Hawk who roots for KU hoops over Iowa hoops (as sorry assed as Iowa hoops is right now).
We might root for some of our Iowa products that play for KU but as far as being KU b-ball fans? You are way off base with that one.

As I said before, if this doesn't apply to you, you have no reason to post. And unfortunately for you, you cannot speak on behalf of the hundreds of thousands of Iowa fans out there. Your circle of aquaintances may very well be loyal, but to say without a doubt your entire school wouldn't do this is impossible.

And I know off the top of my head a LOT of people who are OU fans during foorball season, and KU fans during basketball season. And then they have the nerve to say I'm worthless for cheering for MU? I tell them to go f*ck theirselves, and their fairweather ways.

Mastashake

Phobia
06-02-2005, 06:38 PM
As I said before, if this doesn't apply to you, you have no reason to post. And unfortunately for you, you cannot speak on behalf of the hundreds of thousands of Iowa fans out there. Your circle of aquaintances may very well be loyal, but to say without a doubt your entire school wouldn't do this is impossible.

And I know off the top of my head a LOT of people who are OU fans during foorball season, and KU fans during basketball season. And then they have the nerve to say I'm worthless for cheering for MU? I tell them to go f*ck theirselves, and their fairweather ways.

Mastashake

So, you're using known facts about OU to make a point about Iowa fans? Wow. No wonder it is that you root for MU.

vailpass
06-02-2005, 06:40 PM

Mastashake

Your logic is flawed but so what; good on you for sticking with your team through thick and thin.

Rausch
06-02-2005, 06:40 PM
**** Missouri. 12 in a row, biatches.

I'd neg rep you but it wouldn't do any damage.

You're already shooting Hawking radiation out of both ends...

Mastashake
06-02-2005, 06:45 PM
So, you're using known facts about OU to make a point about Iowa fans? Wow. No wonder it is that you root for MU.

I've seen the same for Iowa. Jesus Christ, are you really so diluted as to think your team is sooo much better than this other one? You know when you so blindly cheer for one team and drive another into a ground it makes you come across as stupid. I'm sure you'll retaliate with some clever answer, while burning Mizzou simultaneously. Good for you, you're closed-minded!

You also need to find some new material other than this same instance, cause it's getting old. I mean, if that's all you got to make fun of, I'm not too bothered.

Mastashake

Mastashake
06-02-2005, 06:56 PM
Hear what I mean, not what I say since you knew exactly what I meant, obviously.

Besides, you're only further proving my point.

Mastashake

Phobia
06-02-2005, 06:59 PM
I've seen the same for Iowa. Jesus Christ, are you really so diluted as to think your team is sooo much better than this other one? You know when you so blindly cheer for one team and drive another into a ground it makes you come across as stupid. I'm sure you'll retaliate with some clever answer, while burning Mizzou simultaneously. Good for you, you're closed-minded!

You also need to find some new material other than this same instance, cause it's getting old. I mean, if that's all you got to make fun of, I'm not too bothered.

Mastashake

New material? Aren't you asking just a little bit much, there. Wow.

I did rather enjoy this little gem, though:

You know when you so blindly cheer for one team and drive another into a ground it makes you come across as stupid.

I think you just described every sports fan in the world. Nice job.

Rausch
06-02-2005, 07:05 PM
Hear what I mean, not what I say.

Mastashake

:spock:

Mastashake
06-02-2005, 07:06 PM
I think you just described every sports fan in the world. Nice job.

I can understand booing another team's good play in a game, and so on, but starting posts like this, and making up dumb crap like clever (if you could call it that) teeshirts and whatnot is lame.

Hatred for one team does not translate to love for another. Unfortunately too many people think it does.

Mastashake

Mastashake
06-02-2005, 07:18 PM
Does this lecture have a question/answer period as well? Does me hating the Raiderz make me not a true fan?

No.

I see plenty of people who hate the Raiders. A lot of them aren't Chiefs fans at all. There are also people who just cheer for any team who cheers against the Raiders. They may cheer for the Chiefs 2 times a year, but they aren't fans. Being a true fan means sticking through your team the year they don't win a single game, not coming on here starting posts about why your rival sucks, or trying to create a witty shirt burning them as much as possible.

But since I know I'm wasting my breath, I'll stop here. I'm sure I haven't influenced a single person, and I'm also sure people will start up with the posts nitpicking my posts. Since this whole argument is futile, there's no need to continue it.

Mastashake

Skip Towne
06-02-2005, 07:20 PM
This young man needs a name change. Mastabate would work nicely.

HemiEd
06-02-2005, 07:23 PM
Mastashake

" Being a true fan means sticking through your team the year they don't win a single game,"

"You know when you so blindly cheer for one team and drive another into a ground it makes you come across as stupid"

I have only read this thread once, very confused. What I do read is a total contradiction in your point. Can you help me here?

Phobia
06-02-2005, 07:26 PM
No.

I see plenty of people who hate the Raiders. A lot of them aren't Chiefs fans at all. There are also people who just cheer for any team who cheers against the Raiders. They may cheer for the Chiefs 2 times a year, but they aren't fans. Being a true fan means sticking through your team the year they don't win a single game, not coming on here starting posts about why your rival sucks, or trying to create a witty shirt burning them as much as possible.

But since I know I'm wasting my breath, I'll stop here. I'm sure I haven't influenced a single person, and I'm also sure people will start up with the posts nitpicking my posts. Since this whole argument is futile, there's no need to continue it.

Mastashake

Dude - if we were actually nitpicking you may have a point. But your posts are so full of holes, you can't possibly play that "nitpicking" victim card. You began the 5 ring dumbassery with the "OU football fans follow KU basketball, so same must be true of Hawkeye fans" and then it continued to steamroll from there. You're disqualified from future consideration, dude.

Mastashake
06-02-2005, 07:35 PM
I have only read this thread once, very confused. What I do read is a total contradiction in your point. Can you help me here?

" Being a true fan means sticking through your team the year they don't win a single game,"

"You know when you so blindly cheer for one team and drive another into a ground it makes you come across as stupid"

Please help me understand, I am here to learn. :hmmm:

Okay, this is my last post :)

I mean blindly in the sense when you're cheering for them and you don't even have a reason why. Like when people say they're gonna win next week and they don't even explain why or how they think it will happen. And the same goes if you're burning the opposition. It kinda defeats the purpose when you don't even give any reason as to how or why. It makes a person seem dumb, IMO.

Dude - if we were actually nitpicking you may have a point. But your posts are so full of holes, you can't possibly play that "nitpicking" victim card. You began the 5 ring dumbassery with the "OU football fans follow KU basketball, so same must be true of Hawkeye fans" and then it continued to steamroll from there. You're disqualified from future consideration, dude.

Every team has people who do this. And I see it in abundance with teams who have one program a ton more popular than another. Mizzou fans do this too, but not to the extent that your top 25 teams do. I was using OU as an example, and it was a bad idea.

And don't take this personally, cause I'm sure I'm not talking about you. I'm obviously not if you got concerned enough to post over it. :)

Mastashake

Phobia
06-02-2005, 07:44 PM
Every team has people who do this. And I see it in abundance with teams who have one program a ton more popular than another. Mizzou fans do this too, but not to the extent that your top 25 teams do. I was using OU as an example, and it was a bad idea.

And don't take this personally, cause I'm sure I'm not talking about you. I'm obviously not if you got concerned enough to post over it. :)

Mastashake

Yeah. More of that simplistic logic - because I responded to a post about Hawkeye fans following KU basketball, I must be one of the guilty ones. Keep digging your hole, dude. My loyalties are well documented.

I could give a shit about fair weather fans. I enjoy ripping apart your posts because you leap from point to point with little consideration for anything between. It was moderately entertaining to put a magnifying glass over your dumbassery for a few moments, but it has grown quite boring. TTYL

Mastashake
06-02-2005, 07:49 PM
Yeah. More of that simplistic logic - because I responded to a post about Hawkeye fans following KU basketball, I must be one of the guilty ones. Keep digging your hole, dude. My loyalties are well documented.

I could give a shit about fair weather fans. I enjoy ripping apart your posts because you leap from point to point with little consideration for anything between. It was moderately entertaining to put a magnifying glass over your dumbassery for a few moments, but it has grown quite boring. TTYL

It's okay. I have ADD, so a lot of times I do jump like that. My mind is like a game of pong sometimes.

If you think it grows quite boring, try living with it. You'd find it frustranting as hell! :)

Mastashake

Rausch
06-02-2005, 07:59 PM
It's okay. I have ADD, so a lot of times I do jump like that. My mind is like a game of pong sometimes.

If you think it grows quite boring, try living with it. You'd find it frustranting as hell! :)

Mastashake

I do live with it.

Try drinking. Once you find the right doseage you slow down to only one idea every 3 or 4 minutes...

Rausch
06-02-2005, 08:00 PM
Hahahaha... Phil said "TTYL".

Phil can be very Jeremy Piven-esque once he gets in a groove...

Ultra Peanut
06-02-2005, 08:21 PM
bounce-wiggle bounce-wiggle
shakin' all them bangs out
chemical cutthroats
bound to blow the brain out

Saulbadguy
06-02-2005, 08:22 PM
I don't know too many Hawkeye basketball fans. Usually Hawkeyes 2nd favorite sport is wrestling. (heh)

Rausch
06-02-2005, 08:57 PM
I'm not sure what that means, but I think Phil probably owes you an asskicking for saying it.

Absolutely not. Jeremy Piven is a comedic genius!

http://elephanttuesday.com/catalog/images/PCU.jpg

penguinz
06-02-2005, 09:04 PM
Okay, this is my last post :)Thank God! I have lost too many brain cells reading this thread.

I mean blindly in the sense when you're cheering for them and you don't even have a reason why. Like when people say they're gonna win next week and they don't even explain why or how they think it will happen. And the same goes if you're burning the opposition. It kinda defeats the purpose when you don't even give any reason as to how or why. It makes a person seem dumb, IMO.You just described a true fan here. A true fan believes that their team always has a chance to win. Even if they don't or can not explain why they feel that way.

alanm
06-02-2005, 09:37 PM
You do not want any part of the Hawks. Those days have come and gone for Nebraska. For god' sake you have Callahan as your coach.
That's what they used to say at Southern Cal and Pete Carroll. A coach is only as good as the talent on the field. And it's rolling into Nebraska again from all over the country. Nebraska is going to raise eyebrows this year. They will be significantly improved. And BTW Iowa declined a offer to play a home and home series 2 yrs ago right after Nebraska went 7-7. Iowa didn't want part of Nebraska even when they were on the ropes. :)

alanm
06-02-2005, 09:42 PM
This of course coming after the Huskers back away from the mighty Houston Cougars...
Saul, You know as well as I do that Houston was haggling over money. And then Wake Forest stepped up. Houston then whinned because they weren't going to get to play on TV. Well tough shit. If you wanted to play the Huskers so bad you shouldn't have been haggling over nickles and dimes. :harumph:

vailpass
06-03-2005, 10:49 AM
That's what they used to say at Southern Cal and Pete Carroll. A coach is only as good as the talent on the field. And it's rolling into Nebraska again from all over the country. Nebraska is going to raise eyebrows this year. They will be significantly improved. And BTW Iowa declined a offer to play a home and home series 2 yrs ago right after Nebraska went 7-7. Iowa didn't want part of Nebraska even when they were on the ropes. :)

Iowa didn't have the space to schedule the series with Nebraska. Had they known Mizzou was going to puss out they surely would have jumped on it. Remember, Iowa scheduled home-and-homes with Nebraska when we were terrible and it was assured the Huskers would kick our ass (which they did). Because of that there is not a Hawkeye fan alive that wouldn't love to see our teams line up this year.

FWIW I like Nebraska football and everything it used to stand for: smash mouth, walk -on, blackshirt ass kickers running that cool wishbone option offense, fans that stand and cheer for an opponent that can beat them in their home stadium (rare). It seems like Callahan will break that tradition. I sat in the stands in Tempe and cheered for Nebraska as they whooped up on that overrated team from Florida fo the NC.

alanm
06-03-2005, 10:56 AM
Iowa didn't have the space to schedule the series with Nebraska. Had they known Mizzou was going to puss out they surely would have jumped on it. Remember, Iowa scheduled home-and-homes with Nebraska when we were terrible and it was assured the Huskers would kick our ass (which they did). Because of that there is not a Hawkeye fan alive that wouldn't love to see our teams line up this year.

FWIW I like Nebraska football and everything it used to stand for: smash mouth, walk -on, blackshirt ass kickers running that cool wishbone option offense, fans that stand and cheer for an opponent that can beat them in their home stadium (rare). It seems like Callahan will break that tradition. I sat in the stands in Tempe and cheered for Nebraska as they whooped up on that overrated team from Florida fo the NC.
Last week even, When it became known that teams could schedule a 12th game they approached Iowa about playing. Iowa said no. :)

Eleazar
06-03-2005, 11:03 AM

J Diddy
06-03-2005, 11:07 AM
He took clipart of a chicken and put it on top of an older Mizzou logo. I still fail to see the creativity.

because chicken's and tigers don't belong together.

That's all I got.

teedubya
06-03-2005, 11:14 AM
damn im gonna buy one of those, to combat all of the Bucknell bison shirts...

vailpass
06-03-2005, 11:23 AM
Last week even, When it became known that teams could schedule a 12th game they approached Iowa about playing. Iowa said no. :)

Can you show me where that was reported? If true I suspect it's because of the downward spiral in which Nebraska football finds itself. The Hawks are working to elevate their already elite status and you don't get to the penthouse via the outhouse. I commend your loyalty but Nebraska is going the way of Notre Dame in terms of college football relevance.

Eleazar
06-03-2005, 11:27 AM
damn im gonna buy one of those, to combat all of the Bucknell bison shirts...

Still on a ventilator about that, huh?

Simplex3
06-03-2005, 11:38 AM
no i am pretty sure they died because they drank to much
Or they were crushed by fat chicks.

Saulbadguy
06-03-2005, 12:02 PM
Sal is Dead, Go Big Red!

alanm
06-03-2005, 12:42 PM
Can you show me where that was reported? If true I suspect it's because of the downward spiral in which Nebraska football finds itself. The Hawks are working to elevate their already elite status and you don't get to the penthouse via the outhouse. I commend your loyalty but Nebraska is going the way of Notre Dame in terms of college football relevance.
One losing season out of the last 42. Yep we're down and out. Iowa can only dream of being in Nebraska's elite class. Thanks for the laugh of the day. ROFL

alanm
06-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Sal is Dead, Go Big Red!
Too late now to jump on the bandwaggon. :)

Saulbadguy
06-03-2005, 01:07 PM
Too late now to jump on the bandwaggon. :)
Heh. You don't know the "Sal is Dead" joke? Well, not really a joke. More like a disgrace to "The greatest fans ever". :rolleyes:

NU will be back, but right now they suck. I don't think they will be all that much better this year. Maybe next season.

vailpass
06-03-2005, 02:26 PM
One losing season out of the last 42. Yep we're down and out. Iowa can only dream of being in Nebraska's elite class. Thanks for the laugh of the day. ROFL

That was then this is now; the Huskers have been on a downward slide for a while and that fall is in full stride now. Under no circumstances would I dream of being in Nebraska's current class as that would be a couple of steps down.
I acknowledge Nebraska's PAST achievements just as I do Notre Dame's. Those times have come and gone.
The hard cold reality for Nebraska fan is that the era of Osborne ended when they dumped Solich and it ain't coming back anytime soon. Again, I very much liked the Nebraska teams when they were tough, old-school Osborne teams. The Callahan coached Huskers remind me of the nightmare days when AMF made Harley Davidsons.
I'll check in with you throughout the upcoming college season to get your take on Nebraska's status.
PS-Can you show me a quote to back up your claim that Nebraska offered Iowa a home-home series a couple of weeks ago? I'm curious as to the circumstances.

HemiEd
06-03-2005, 02:45 PM
The Callahan coached Huskers remind me of the nightmare days when AMF made Harley Davidsons.
:LOL: Nice line

vailpass
06-03-2005, 02:49 PM
The Callahan coached Huskers remind me of the nightmare days when AMF made Harley Davidsons.
:LOL: Nice line

Now that I re-read it I can see that it might look like an insult. I don't mean it that way. It's just that some things are classics and should not be run by someone that knows nothing about their business. It was true when AMF made the piece of chit bowling-ball cycles and it seems like the same thing to let Callahan run the Huskers as he tries to change them to an aerial-attack kind of team. I am completely open to the possibility that Callahan could prove me wrong.

HemiEd
06-03-2005, 02:59 PM
Now that I re-read it I can see that it might look like an insult. I don't mean it that way. It's just that some things are classics and should not be run by someone that knows nothing about their business. It was true when AMF made the piece of chit bowling-ball cycles and it seems like the same thing to let Callahan run the Huskers as he tries to change them to an aerial-attack kind of team. I am completely open to the possibility that Callahan could prove me wrong.

Actually I would like to see K-State and KU kick the crap out of all of them each year but I loved your line!

Eleazar
06-03-2005, 03:00 PM

What do you mean, they didn't spray oil, they were just marking their territory :p

vailpass
06-03-2005, 03:06 PM
Actually I would like to see K-State and KU kick the crap out of all of them each year but I loved your line!

Is it football season yet?

HemiEd
06-03-2005, 03:07 PM
Is it football season yet?

The days are still getting longer and the football season is getting closer! It is all good.

vailpass
06-03-2005, 03:07 PM
What do you mean, they didn't spray oil, they were just marking their territory :p

ROFL That's pretty funny the oil and the..hey :hmmm: you rotten :cuss:

KC Kings
06-03-2005, 03:20 PM

The point is Mizzou fans stick around no matter what, and fans like Mizzou fans seem to get shit on more for supporting a sucky team even though it is harder to do so, (just look at the ratio of KU basketball "fans" compare to KU football "fans" for proof.)

What does weak Iowa smack have to do with KU fairweather fans? Nothing, but most of the smack talk is done on here by KU fans so that is where the anger gets directed. When it comes to football I was raised to hate KU but I really hate Nebraska more. Probably because until recently KU was never a big game, and because we always go to one home game at Columbia every year and when we play Nebraska at home that was the game we went to. There is nothing worse than having to get beat at home while tens of thousands of Nebraska fans are cheering and having a great time all around you.

Skip Towne
06-03-2005, 03:26 PM
That's rep.

alanm
06-03-2005, 06:58 PM
That was then this is now; the Huskers have been on a downward slide for a while and that fall is in full stride now. Under no circumstances would I dream of being in Nebraska's current class as that would be a couple of steps down.
I acknowledge Nebraska's PAST achievements just as I do Notre Dame's. Those times have come and gone.
The hard cold reality for Nebraska fan is that the era of Osborne ended when they dumped Solich and it ain't coming back anytime soon. Again, I very much liked the Nebraska teams when they were tough, old-school Osborne teams. The Callahan coached Huskers remind me of the nightmare days when AMF made Harley Davidsons.
I'll check in with you throughout the upcoming college season to get your take on Nebraska's status.
PS-Can you show me a quote to back up your claim that Nebraska offered Iowa a home-home series a couple of weeks ago? I'm curious as to the circumstances.
I'm too lazy to find it but I recall seeing it on huskerpedia.com as one of their stories last week or the week before when they still didn't know if they were going to get the 12th game or not.
BTW Solich couldn't recruit. Callahan is considered one of the Top 5 all time recruiters according to Rivals.
It showed with the class he just got.
Charlie McBride(Defensive Coordinator under Osborne) and Milt Tenopir(Famed O-Line coach, and Husker Pipeline creator) have been working without pay this spring and summer with the team and Calahan. No doubt pounding Husker tradition into his thick skull. ROFL

alanm
06-03-2005, 07:05 PM
Times change. It was time for Nebraska to change as well. The Triple option can be a very potent offense if you have the personel to run it. But outside of RB's and Olinemen the skill positions on offense went elsewhere when Osborne retired. Everyone wants to catch the ball on offense now. Look at KState even their not getting the recruits they once had. And their the only ones running Osbornes offense nowdays.

Saulbadguy
06-03-2005, 08:04 PM
And their the only ones running Osbornes offense nowdays.
No, they aren't. I don't know why you keep saying that. They aren't running "Osbornes offense".

alanm
06-03-2005, 08:30 PM
No, they aren't. I don't know why you keep saying that. They aren't running "Osbornes offense".
Oh yes they are. Snyder was a frequent visitor to Lincoln to study up and get tips from Osborne. Nothing KState runs on offense nowdays is different than what I've been seeing out of the Huskers playbook from 1980-2004. It's all Play action and option offense. You just won't admit it Saul. Snyder's not that inovative. :)