PDA

View Full Version : Hanging out with the enemy...

The Bad Guy
06-02-2005, 08:57 PM
Well, I finally crossed over into enemy Charger territory tonight..

As some of you know, my friend is good friends with Chargers LB Randall Godfrey. Well, today I arrived in Georgia to help Godfrey with his football camp for kids.

I just finished beating Godfrey in Madden 27-14 and I rubbed in the win big time, but this guy is an incredible human being even if he is a Charger.

There are more Chargers coming tomorrow into Georgia for the camp so I will be amongst more rivals. I'm wearing my Chiefs gear proudly, and I even gave him some ribbing saying the Chiefs were going to win this year.

He just laughed and said he was happy we got some defensive improvements to make the dvision more competitve.

For just coming with my friend the guy has paid for my hotel and my meals. He's giving away amazing things to the kids at camp - PSPs, Ps2s, computers, everything.

I'm amazed at how nice of a guy he is.

He told me a story that Gun came up to him after the season finale last year and said we will be calling you on Day 1 of free agency. Only problem is Godfrey is under contract until the end of 2007.

Man, we could have used him in the middle.

Anyway, just thought I would tell you all about my experience. I wish more athletes were as great as this guy. He praised Brian Waters to the highest heavens as well.

Inspector
06-02-2005, 09:04 PM
Cool.

Sounds like a good time and a great guy.

Hope we beat the snot out of him this year.

HemiEd
06-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Good reading, thanks!

Rain Man
06-02-2005, 09:10 PM
Let me know when he moves outside the division so I can like him, too.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-02-2005, 09:25 PM
Before San Diego he played in Seattle and people up here talked about what a stand up guy he was. Glad to hear it's all true. That being said you can tell him that we all wanted to give him a nice big resounding
GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hammock Parties
06-02-2005, 10:24 PM
Cool.