PDA

View Full Version : Waters to be in KC for Minicamp

tomahawk kid
06-03-2005, 06:11 AM
He's not holding out for more loot either.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/11801558.htm

the Talking Can
06-03-2005, 06:15 AM
great news!

"Brian Waters has told Chiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson that he'll be at this month's minicamp. And, as far as Peterson knows, his Pro Bowl guard isn't holding out for money.

“He wanted to be with his kids this offseason,” Peterson said Thursday. “He's never done that before. “I've talked to him, and he said, ‘I'll be at minicamp, I'll be in shape, and I'll be ready to go.' ”

jspchief
06-03-2005, 06:16 AM
Can someone paste the article so I don't have to register for the Star site?

nmt1
06-03-2005, 06:17 AM
Waters tells Chiefs he'll be at minicamp

By ELIZABETH MERRILL The Kansas City Star

The case of the missing 318-pound lineman has been solved, sort of.

Brian Waters has told Chiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson that he'll be at this month's minicamp. And, as far as Peterson knows, his Pro Bowl guard isn't holding out for money.

“He wanted to be with his kids this offseason,” Peterson said Thursday. “He's never done that before. “I've talked to him, and he said, ‘I'll be at minicamp, I'll be in shape, and I'll be ready to go.' ”

Waters, who made his first Pro Bowl in 2004, missed the Chiefs' first two weeks of offseason practice. He fired his agent about six months ago, and when he didn't show up in Kansas City, it was speculated that Waters was staying away because of contract issues.

“When a player's not here, that's usually the speculation,” Peterson said. “I don't have any knowledge of that, no.

“He's under contract, he's got two more years left on his contract, and I think things will work out.”

Waters is one of three offensive linemen missing from offseason workouts. Veterans Will Shields and Willie Roaf have been asked to stay away as they nurse aches and pains. John Welbourn has been filling in for Waters, and coach Dick Vermeil raved about his play last week.

Peterson said he's confident in Welbourn if Waters can't go.

“But I'm totally anticipating that Brian's going to be with us in minicamp and training camp,” Peterson said.

He said his offseason conversations with Waters haven't been about money.

Waters hasn't returned phone calls to The Star.

Source (http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/11801558.htm)

the Talking Can
06-03-2005, 06:20 AM
Can someone paste the article so I don't have to register for the Star site?

use bugmenot.com

that's how I got in...

jspchief
06-03-2005, 06:22 AM
Thank you nmt1, rep coming your way.

It still seems odd that there was no reason given before now. I wonder if he decided that if Shields and Roaf didn't need to be there, he didn't either. The silence over the whole thing is a bit baffling to me.

Regardless, this is great news.

beer bacon
06-03-2005, 06:23 AM

It still seems odd that there was no reason given before now. I wonder if he decided that if Shields and Roaf didn't need to be there, he didn't either. The silence over the whole thing is a bit baffling to me.

Maybe he didn't want to have to take the rest of the starting O-line to dinner for talking to the media.

nmt1
06-03-2005, 06:27 AM

I would guess he had the phone off the hook...it's what I'd do anyway.

KChiefs1
06-03-2005, 07:04 AM
I guess this will shut up Jack Harry & the group who were saying that there was trouble in the Chiefs camp.

tomahawk kid
06-03-2005, 07:34 AM
I guess this will shut up Jack Harry & the group who were saying that there was trouble in the Chiefs camp.

The sooner someone takes a baseball bat to Jack Harry's leg's, the better.

The guy's such a freaking a$$ clown, its not even funny ......