PDA

View Full Version : What's the best drink when...

chagrin
06-03-2005, 03:30 PM
you are inside, with no patio or porch, can't go anywhere and it's A friggin torrential downpour outside?

What say you?

Donger
06-03-2005, 03:34 PM
I try not to drink when I'm inside. It makes me lose my rhythm.

Son of Logical
06-03-2005, 03:35 PM
Irish Coffee, or a warm brandy. Hot Chocolate if you don't feel like an actual drink.

RedNFeisty
06-03-2005, 03:35 PM
White Russian's

chagrin
06-03-2005, 03:36 PM
I'm with you on the hot stuff, but it's still warm here in Florida. If I was still in Michigan though, I'm there dude

Donger
06-03-2005, 03:37 PM
You just need more practice. That nightstand is there for holding a beer.

Won't be able to practice on the wife, that's for sure. She freaked out the one and only time I tried to drink a beer while humping her.

Prude.

tyton75
06-03-2005, 03:44 PM
Jack and Coke... then call for delivery pizza and laugh as the pizza boy gets soaked

Son of Logical
06-03-2005, 03:49 PM
Jack and Coke... then call for delivery pizza and laugh as the pizza boy gets soaked

Officially, you are a dick. I used to deliver KFC, but luckily in San Diego so rain was never much of an issue.

Didn't think about it being warm and raining. I guess I go with... fuk it, get toasted break out the tequilla. (searching for the bottle of patron)

HemiEd
06-03-2005, 03:51 PM
Straight, no chaser. :drool:

FloridaChief
06-03-2005, 04:12 PM
Dirty Martini.

Katipan
06-03-2005, 04:24 PM
...guess I go with... fuk it, get toasted break out the tequilla. (searching for the bottle of patron)

it should be in the freezer. check behind the pot pies and frozen pizza

Donger
06-03-2005, 04:24 PM
What's there to freak out about? That's a lot of physical activity. A man gets thirsty.

She's kind of prissy when it comes to sex. Something about wanting my full attention; I can't remember exactly.

chagrin
06-03-2005, 04:56 PM
Well, just settled in with my Vodka (Grey Goose) and Beer chaser (Hoegaarden) and Wavy Lays...ahhhh and for my better half, got her some Parrot Bay Rum and Pina Colada Mix (ick!)
Thanks for the input....

Donger
06-03-2005, 04:57 PM
Well, just settled in with my Vodka (Grey Goose) and Beer chaser (Hoegaarden) and Wavy Lays...ahhhh and for my better half, got her some Parrot Bay Rum and Pina Colada Mix (ick!)
Thanks for the input....

Don't rest the drink on her head. It spills.

Bob Dole
06-03-2005, 05:01 PM
White Russian's

Damn. Bob Dole came in here to post that very same thing.

chagrin
06-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Don't rest the drink on her head. It spills.

Nah, I usually set on the right ass cheeck, she likes it like that :D

NewChief
06-03-2005, 05:02 PM
If it's cold out:
Maker's Mark or Laphroig. Neat.

If it's hot out:
Ketel One on the rocks with an olive.

Honorable mention should go to:
Red wine.

Donger
06-03-2005, 05:03 PM
Nah, I usually set on the right ass cheeck, she likes it like that :D

Excellent. I shall live vicariously through you.

"Lay that pipe, son! Lay it!!"

Sorry, channeling the drunk guy from Bachelor Party.

KCChiefsMan
06-03-2005, 05:03 PM
Amaretto Sour's are quite a drink

KC Dan
06-03-2005, 05:06 PM
I wouldn't know. I just came in from 95 degrees and the pool at a golf resort and I'm headin' back out. Just came back to make a call. Stay dry!

ChiefFripp
06-03-2005, 05:21 PM
Can you drink heroin?

chagrin
06-03-2005, 05:21 PM
Amaretto Sour's are quite a drink

Ture, but I got way too drunk on me 27th from those things and haven't been able to touch Ameretto since :Lin:

BigOlChiefsfan
06-03-2005, 05:29 PM
Manhattan.

Rain Man
06-03-2005, 05:30 PM
Dr. Pepper. No, root beer. No, Dr. Pepper. It'll be Dr. Pepper.

Son of Logical
06-03-2005, 06:01 PM
it should be in the freezer. check behind the pot pies and frozen pizza

Who keeps tequilla in the freezer. I don't know if it would taste bad or not since I never have tried it ice cold, but from my experiences tequilla tastes good at room temp.

Red Dawg
06-03-2005, 06:32 PM

Good giref! Just because it's raining? What are you a Vice Cop?

Beautiful
06-03-2005, 06:41 PM
cum juice

Over-Head
06-03-2005, 07:02 PM
Captian Morgan “Spiced” Rum, and Cranberry juice.
Sounds weird, but tastes incredible!

I’ve tried all the other “spiced rum’s” out there, but none of them tastes as good with the cranberry juice as the Capt’n

Over-Head
06-03-2005, 07:09 PM
Jack and Coke...

Good god son, anyone that would mix Jack with anything other than MORE Jack has probably got a weak spot for a cosmopolitan here and there huhh? :hmmm:

It’s real easy,
Step 1-Buy the Jack
Step-2 Open the damn bottle room temp (Just the way it’s stored) , NO ICE and truly taste the way it was ment to be, in the square glass it left Lynchburg in. :thumb:

JimNasium
06-03-2005, 07:12 PM
Homebrew. Lots and lots of homebrew.

KCChiefsMan
06-03-2005, 07:17 PM
Good god son, anyone that would mix Jack with anything other than MORE Jack has probably got a weak spot for a cosmopolitan here and there huhh? :hmmm:

It’s real easy,
Step 1-Buy the Jack
Step-2 Open the damn bottle room temp (Just the way it’s stored) , NO ICE and truly taste the way it was ment to be, in the square glass it left Lynchburg in. :thumb:

To each their own. So people who use mixers have a weak spot for a cosmo huh? I like a good comsopolitan myself
4 parts Greygoose
2 parts Cointreau
1/2 of a lime, squeeze the juice into it
2 parts Cranberry juice

It's really not a weak drink and it's tasty

One of my favorite cocktails is Makers Mark (4 parts) with 2 parts seven up.....yum!

KCChiefsMan
06-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Ture, but I got way too drunk on me 27th from those things and haven't been able to touch Ameretto since :Lin:

I was actually being sarcastic. After 2 of those that horrible sweet taste kicks in. I'd have to have about 15 of them to get drunk

Over-Head
06-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Me and the better half BBQ’d tonight when I got home, she was into the Kalauah,(sp) I had 2, but find it way to steet.
So I just smoked a joint and cooked the damn steak :D

Rausch
06-03-2005, 07:25 PM
She's kind of prissy when it comes to sex. Something about wanting my full attention; I can't remember exactly.

...hell, tell her you'll hit mute between plays...

KCChiefsMan
06-03-2005, 07:25 PM
Me and the better half BBQ’d tonight when I got home, she was into the Kalauah,(sp) I had 2, but find it way to steet.
So I just smoked a joint and cooked the damn steak :D

Use that Kahlua for some white russians....yum!

Rausch
06-03-2005, 07:26 PM
Can you drink heroin?

Uh...I think the normal dose would get you where you're going...

KCChiefsMan
06-03-2005, 07:32 PM
Uh...I think the normal dose would get you where you're going...

I bet it would taste like hell. But If you can inject it in your bloodstream then you can get the same effect from drinking it...it may ruin your teeth and gums (dunno?) but it would take more time to get that effect than injecting it

chagrin
06-03-2005, 08:12 PM
I was actually being sarcastic. After 2 of those that horrible sweet taste kicks in. I'd have to have about 15 of them to get drunk

Check it, back on that night I had already had plenty of Old Charter (Bottled in Bond label) and coke, then went to the Flamin Dr. Pepper slammers. I had about 15 of 'em. It's been 9 years now and I can still taste that taste...ick!

feelin pretty good right about now. Just watched that shitty Matrix revolutions...what a horrible display of, gulp, art.

time fer a Vodka!

papasmurf
06-03-2005, 08:12 PM
beer :toast:

|Zach|
06-03-2005, 08:15 PM
Absolute and cranberry.

chagrin
06-03-2005, 08:28 PM
Homebrew. Lots and lots of homebrew.

By the way 9th ward...you still gonna pm me when ya get that belgian oatmeal done?

JimNasium
06-03-2005, 09:02 PM
By the way 9th ward...you still gonna pm me when ya get that belgian oatmeal done?
It's happily fermenting as we speak. Prolly still 6-8 weeks before it's even ready to drink. I'll keep you apprised.

Miles
06-03-2005, 09:07 PM
Red wine or some kind of good beer.

jspchief
06-04-2005, 08:50 AM
Who keeps tequilla in the freezer. I don't know if it would taste bad or not since I never have tried it ice cold, but from my experiences tequilla tastes good at room temp.I like it warm or cold. A lot of people keep it in the freezer though. It definately takes some of the bite out. Basically, I'll drink it warm anytime, but if I expect to have freinds drinking it with me, it better be served cold.

A better question is, when did KFC have delivery?

chagrin
06-04-2005, 10:05 AM
Seriously? I know when I lived in Colorado they had KFCdelivery there, and in Michigan they do in parts

jspchief
06-04-2005, 10:18 AM
Seriously? I know when I lived in Colorado they had KFCdelivery there, and in Michigan they do in partsF*ckin Iowa... :sulk:

Earthling
06-04-2005, 10:22 AM
The best drink? Whatevers closest.

Katipan
06-04-2005, 11:23 AM
People that need limes and salt, drink it warm. Also people that buy cheap Tequila.

And crazy people.

jspchief
06-04-2005, 11:28 AM
People that need limes and salt, drink it warm. Also people that buy cheap Tequila.

And crazy people.

I guess you can call me crazy. I'll drink any tequila anytime, anywhere. I don't care if you serve it in a Mexican whore's asshole. Salt and lime is for nachos and margaritas, not shots.

Katipan
06-04-2005, 11:30 AM
I guess you can call me crazy. I'll drink any tequila anytime, anywhere. I don't care if you serve it in a Mexican whore's asshole. Salt and lime is for nachos and margaritas, not shots.

thats really hot

jspchief
06-04-2005, 11:33 AM
thats really hotWeird. Consuela said the same thing. :)

|Zach|
06-04-2005, 11:36 AM
thats really hot
http://www.neroameta.it/paris-hilton.jpg

J Diddy
06-04-2005, 12:08 PM
Why drink inside? Get a drink with one of them little umbrellas in it and sit on the patio.

Calcountry
06-04-2005, 12:27 PM
you are inside, with no patio or porch, can't go anywhere and it's A friggin torrential downpour outside?

What say you?Bookers 121 proof straight Whiskey.

Sip it neat.

KCChiefsMan
06-04-2005, 02:16 PM
The only tequila you need salt and limes with are cheap ass nasty tequilas. stay away from Jose Cuervo, Don Hulio, Suaza and all those other nasty ones. If you really like tequila go with some Patron, Hornitos or Cuervo Tradicional

jspchief
06-04-2005, 04:03 PM
The only tequila you need salt and limes with are cheap ass nasty tequilas. stay away from Jose Cuervo, Don Hulio, Suaza and all those other nasty ones. If you really like tequila go with some Patron, Hornitos or Cuervo Tradicional

Sorry, but I have several disputes with this post.

First, you say Don Hulio is nasty. I assume you mean Don Julio, and it's far from nasty. The Anejo is very good, and the Silver is comparable to Patron to all but the most discerning tastes. Second, you say Suaza is crappy, but then list Hornitos as good. Suaza makes Hornitos, and it is definate crap especially in comparison to Don Julio. Hornitos is only good for mixed drinks IMO, and I'd say the same for Tradicional even though Cuervo touts it as a higher end tequila.

You want good tequila? Here's my list:
Patron Resposado
Patron Silver
Cabo Wabo Resposado (a bit of an emotional attachment to this one)
Porfidio single barrel Anejo
Porfidio Plato
Don Julio Anejo
Patron Anejo
Don Julio Silver

All of these can be found for under $60 per bottle, and you don't mix them.

Overall, I prefer Anejos and Resposados because they have more flavor IMO. A silver is more likely to be smooth and easy drinking for those that don't savor the taste.

If I had my choice, I'd drink plain Mezcal, but quality ones are impossible to find and more expensive. And I'll admit I use a spice mix (made by a Mexican friend) like salt when I drink Mezcal, but only with the cheap stuff, and not to mask the flavor, but to compliment it.

Katipan
06-04-2005, 04:14 PM
BUT

do you swallow the worm?

jspchief
06-04-2005, 04:18 PM
BUT

do you swallow the worm?Good Mezcal doesn't come with a worm.

But if you're talking about good ol fashioned Monte Alban or Gusano Rojo, yes, I'll eat the worm. Not because it's good, or I like insects, but because there's a spiritual connotation (and it gets me a lot of attention).

jspchief
06-04-2005, 04:21 PM
That's his wife's job. [Donald Trump] She's fired[/Donald Trump]

HemiEd
06-04-2005, 04:33 PM
Sorry, but I have several disputes with this post.

First, you say Don Hulio is nasty. I assume you mean Don Julio, and it's far from nasty. The Anejo is very good, and the Silver is comparable to Patron to all but the most discerning tastes. Second, you say Suaza is crappy, but then list Hornitos as good. Suaza makes Hornitos, and it is definate crap especially in comparison to Don Julio. Hornitos is only good for mixed drinks IMO, and I'd say the same for Tradicional even though Cuervo touts it as a higher end tequila.

You want good tequila? Here's my list:
Patron Resposado
Patron Silver
Cabo Wabo Resposado (a bit of an emotional attachment to this one)
Porfidio single barrel Anejo
Porfidio Plato
Don Julio Anejo
Patron Anejo
Don Julio Silver

All of these can be found for under $60 per bottle, and you don't mix them.

Overall, I prefer Anejos and Resposados because they have more flavor IMO. A silver is more likely to be smooth and easy drinking for those that don't savor the taste.

If I had my choice, I'd drink plain Mezcal, but quality ones are impossible to find and more expensive. And I'll admit I use a spice mix (made by a Mexican friend) like salt when I drink Mezcal, but only with the cheap stuff, and not to mask the flavor, but to compliment it.

I have the Don Julio Anejo and Tres Generaciones Anejo, both given to me by employees. I can drink this stuff straight by the glass full. Fast track to a buzz.

jspchief
06-04-2005, 04:52 PM
I have the Don Julio Anejo and Tres Generaciones Anejo, both given to me by employees. I can drink this stuff straight by the glass full. Fast track to a buzz.
I didn't know they made an Tres Generaciones Anejo, all I had tried was the Plato. I'm sure it's good though, Tres Generaciones is the top shelf label that Suaza makes and the Plata was fairly good.

These aren't really the types of tequila you slug down at a bachelor party. They're more for sipping and savoring. Although I admit that I rarely attend a Chiefs game without a bottle of Cabo Wabo as a part of my tailgate festivities.

If you like those Anejos, try the Patron. I think you'll find that you like most high end Resposados as well. Resposados have been aged longer, so should have more of the oaky flavor that seperates Anejos from Silvers or Platas.

Katipan
06-04-2005, 04:54 PM
[Donald Trump] She's fired[/Donald Trump]

maybe it was lacking a spiritual connection

HemiEd
06-04-2005, 06:19 PM
I didn't know they made an Tres Generaciones Anejo, all I had tried was the Plato. I'm sure it's good though, Tres Generaciones is the top shelf label that Suaza makes and the Plata was fairly good.

These aren't really the types of tequila you slug down at a bachelor party. They're more for sipping and savoring. Although I admit that I rarely attend a Chiefs game without a bottle of Cabo Wabo as a part of my tailgate festivities.

If you like those Anejos, try the Patron. I think you'll find that you like most high end Resposados as well. Resposados have been aged longer, so should have more of the oaky flavor that seperates Anejos from Silvers or Platas.

I will give them a shot, thanks. Since they started giving me this stuff, I set the half gallon of Jose Quervo out for company when they come over. That stuff is rot gut. :)