PDA

View Full Version : Kellen Winslow SR rips into the media

FloridaMan88
06-03-2005, 09:44 PM
Anyone just see the videoclip of Kellen Winslow SR ripping into the media over how they allegedly treated his son after his motorcycle accident?

It was on ESPN News and some reporters were asking him about his son after a charity roast involving Jim Brown and he went off on the media accusing them of treating his son like a "piece of property" and not considering that he was a "21 year old who made a mistake" and that he still has a long career ahead of him.

Then he went off on how the media has become all "Jerry Springer-like" and totally violated his son's privacy.

Then a reporter asked him what advise he'd give his son on recovering from his injury and he said to not watch any TV or read any newspapers.

Looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree

Mecca
06-03-2005, 09:45 PM
I wonder if he realizes what an idiot his son is..............

alanm
06-03-2005, 09:50 PM
Of course if his son wasn't a stupid f*ck to begin with we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Rausch
06-03-2005, 09:52 PM
I wonder if he realizes what an idiot his son is..............

Of course he does, he rasied him.

Sr. is just trying to protect his kid. No matter how fugged that kid may be...

Bowser
06-03-2005, 09:52 PM
So typical. It's always someone else's fault.

Hey, Kellen Sr. You shouldn't worry about what the media or fans say about your blockheaded kid. You should make sure he reads his contract so he doesn't have to forfit 4.5 million for being a dumbshit. But look on the bright side - at least Jr. is going to be stuck to your tit for a while longer, and you can go right ahead and keep up with blaming everybody else for your kids' ****ups.

Deberg_1990
06-03-2005, 09:59 PM
Of course he does, he rasied him.

Sr. is just trying to protect his kid. No matter how fugged that kid may be...

Hard to blame him for that. Any of us would do the same thing for our kids. Having said that, Winslow Jr. should have come out openly and apologized to the city of Cleveland and the Browns fans in general. That was an easy out by just releasing that letter though his agent.

jaglow
06-03-2005, 09:59 PM
The Browns definitely have their hands full with these two. Thank god we have Tony.

Mecca
06-03-2005, 10:00 PM
Look at the bright side if Kellens career is over..... he could always get a job as Vin Diesels stunt double.

Am I the only person who think's he looks like Vin Diesel? I think they have a freaky resemblence.

Rausch
06-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Hard to blame him for that. Any of us would do the same thing for our kids. Having said that, Winslow Jr. should have come out openly and apologized to the city of Cleveland and the Browns fans in general. That was an easy out by just releasing that letter though his agent.

Jr. is a POS. No doubt about it.

I just don't understand slamming Sr. for it...

Skip Towne
06-03-2005, 10:05 PM
What a totally classless piece of shit. I wonder where he went to school?

Deberg_1990
06-03-2005, 10:05 PM

Exactly! Publically, he has to stand up for his kid. I have no problem with that. IM sure behind closed doors he rips him a new one.

Otter
06-03-2005, 10:31 PM

It's not like 90% of the media doesn't deserved to be torn a new ass hole as well.

Saulbadguy
06-03-2005, 10:44 PM
What a totally classless piece of shit. I wonder where he went to school?
Beat me to it.

Rausch
06-03-2005, 10:46 PM
It's not like 90% of the media doesn't deserved to be torn a new ass hole as well.

That's like blaming a snake for being a snake....

Valiant
06-03-2005, 11:07 PM
Exactly! Publically, he has to stand up for his kid. I have no problem with that. IM sure behind closed doors he rips him a new one.

If his kid acts like this, then no way in hell does he rip him behind doors... IF he did scold him, his attitude would have never started in the first place...

Sure-Oz
06-03-2005, 11:33 PM
I think anyone would defend their son.

ragedogg69
06-04-2005, 01:28 AM
I saw this on SportsCenter.

Boo-****ing-hoo. When your kid gets paid more then anyone at his position for doing nothing and then throws it all the away, and you blame the media for being too harsh and petty? Then tries to compare it to a the media being less harsh on politicians. Please...

Senior is an asshole and at that, he's a racist asshole.

Logical
06-04-2005, 01:33 AM
I don't know, I think he sounds like a dad who loves his son and is doing his best to stand by him. However, Kellen over the years got pretty shoddy treatment by the media so I would say that he has plenty of reason to suspect the media's motives.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-04-2005, 01:43 AM
I agree with Kellen Sr. The media should in no way be treating his son the way they are doing. Remember, Kellen Jr. is a soldier. And a combat veteran should get passes for every wrong thing he engages in just for that fact.

Otter
06-04-2005, 01:58 AM

I'm going to think about that before I respond. For whatever thats worth.

ExtremeChief
06-04-2005, 02:57 AM
I agree with Kellen Sr. The media should in no way be treating his son the way they are doing. Remember, Kellen Jr. is a soldier. And a combat veteran should get passes for every wrong thing he engages in just for that fact.

Someone make Kellen Jr. a pie.

Taco John
06-04-2005, 03:03 AM

Because he should let his son stand on his own. Kellen Sr. should have no comment on it, except that Kellen made a mistake, and he's going to work hard to redeem himself. Trying to paint this as a media lynching is ridiculous. Kellen is getting everything he deserves, and all Sr. is doing here is pouring more gas on his son's media fire, not putting it out.

Who the hell is giving these people advice on what they should be saying to the media. All this money, and they sound like morons when they open their mouths. Hire a damn communications consultant, and have him get the Team Winslow on the same page with a game-plan for a feel-good comeback story. Shut your mouths, put your heads down, and get to work. And when you do open your mouths, do it only to speak with optimism toward the future, and humility for the position you've put yourself into.

What the hell is pointing a shameful finger at the media going to do to recuperate Kellen's knee? Or more to the point, save Kellen's bonus money from being reclaimed...

It's not.

DTLB58
06-04-2005, 08:35 AM
I think anyone would defend their son.

I agree....but it sounds like he is blaming the media for all of his son's faliures.

Let's hope privately he is telling him to shape up, grow up and if he don't watch it he is gonna throw away a great opportunity. But I doubt it.

Anyone know what this guy majored in at the U? I think he's gonna need a backup plan. ROFL

chagrin
06-04-2005, 08:37 AM
Look at the bright side if Kellens career is over..... he could always get a job as Vin Diesels stunt double.

Am I the only person who think's he looks like Vin Diesel? I think they have a freaky resemblence.

Unfortunately he won't be able to do even that, because once he gets off the 'roids his neck, body and head are all going to shrink up and he's going to be about as big and scary looking as Mark May. He might be bale to do Mini-me though.

chagrin
06-04-2005, 08:41 AM
A mistake???

The "no riding motorcycles" was written in his contract soething like 8 friggin times! That is not a mistake, that is a spoiled, egomaniac thumbing his nose at the employer who payed him millions of dollars for his "talent".

"I'm a soldier!"

Baby Lee
06-04-2005, 09:41 AM
And as you knaw, ohn dis island that we've come ta git ta know, there's mainly juss two tings, snakes and rats.

Calcountry
06-04-2005, 02:14 PM
Anyone just see the videoclip of Kellen Winslow SR ripping into the media over how they allegedly treated his son after his motorcycle accident?

It was on ESPN News and some reporters were asking him about his son after a charity roast involving Jim Brown and he went off on the media accusing them of treating his son like a "piece of property" and not considering that he was a "21 year old who made a mistake" and that he still has a long career ahead of him.

Then he went off on how the media has become all "Jerry Springer-like" and totally violated his son's privacy.

Then a reporter asked him what advise he'd give his son on recovering from his injury and he said to not watch any TV or read any newspapers.

Looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the treegeesh, wtf does this guy think he is, the guys father or something?

Newsflash to Daddy. Quit enabling your spoiled rotten brat. If he hasn't learned responsibility by age 21 and still needs daddy to come out and defend him and turn a blind eye to his chit, then he never will.

You might have been a great tight end, but you are teh suck as daddy. Your son needed an ass spankin about 12 years ago, and you failed to give it to him.

Logical
06-04-2005, 05:30 PM
Unfortunately he won't be able to do even that, because once he gets off the 'roids his neck, body and head are all going to shrink up and he's going to be about as big and scary looking as Mark May. He might be bale to do Mini-me though.

Wow this is just so completely wrong, his build is from genetics. His dad was a freak in his day size, speed, strength the whole package. If you know Kellen Sr or have followed his career closely (as I have since his MU days) you would have no doubt roids were never a factor. You don't like Kellen Jrs attitude that is not at all illogical. But to think he has that body due to steroids is ignoring his family genetics.

Logical
06-04-2005, 05:33 PM

Absolutely, he has been all over Kellen Jr since his high school days, did not let Kellen choose his college, controlled him really tightly prior to college, and is a fierce defender of his son in public. Exactly as you would expect a loving father to be with his son.

Logical
06-04-2005, 05:35 PM
geesh, wtf does this guy think he is, the guys father or something?

Newsflash to Daddy. Quit enabling your spoiled rotten brat. If he hasn't learned responsibility by age 21 and still needs daddy to come out and defend him and turn a blind eye to his chit, then he never will.

You might have been a great tight end, but you are teh suck as daddy. Your son needed an ass spankin about 12 years ago, and you failed to give it to him.

This is such shit, think about most 21 year old males. If you think they have all learned responsibility or even that most have you are deluding yourself. Sure some do but it is more the isolated case than the norm.

Brock
06-04-2005, 05:38 PM
This is such shit, think about most 21 year old males. If you think they have all learned responsibility or even that most have you are deluding yourself. Sure some do but it is more the isolated case than the norm.

A sound rationalization for bad parenting. "Everybody is doing it". :rolleyes:

Logical
06-04-2005, 05:40 PM
A sound rationalization for bad parenting. "Everybody is doing it". :rolleyes:
Yeah right, like 21 year old males are controllable.:shake:

I was lucky and had the exception to the rule, but I am wise enough to know that was him not me that caused that.

jspchief
06-04-2005, 05:45 PM
Sr needs to stop making excuses and passing the blame.

That's probably a big reason Jr is such a dick to begin with. He's got a father that has convinced him he can do no wrong.

Brock
06-04-2005, 05:48 PM
Yeah right, like 21 year old males are controllable.:shake:

Yeah, the way you were raised has nothing to do with what kind of adult you become. :shake:

Logical
06-04-2005, 05:52 PM
Sr needs to stop making excuses and passing the blame.

That's probably a big reason Jr is such a dick to begin with. He's got a father that has convinced him he can do no wrong.

I truly believe Jrs bad attitude about the press comes from his father. His dad was mistreated by the press and came to hate them. But I really do not go along with the do no wrong theory.

Who among us at 21 did not feel they were invincible and did incredibly stupid and dangerous shit? Hell I remember rat racing down a St. Louis freeway corrider at around 5pm going almost 90 miles an hour with no room between the cars I was zigging in and out of to beat my buddy. Incredibly ****ing stupid. Heh I was lucky, Kellen wasn't. Isn't that really the only difference other than an 8 figure contract. Do people really think that 8 figure contract makes a 21 year old more mature?:shake:

Mojo Rising
06-04-2005, 06:45 PM
He should of pulled a Jeff Kent and said he got hurt washing his car. This reminds me of Onterrio Smith though. While you're making millions, give up activities that will put the cash in jeopardy. NFL careers aren't that long. My last comparison will be to Barry Bonds. Barry's dad was mis-treated in the media so Barry became an ass. Seems like Kellen Jr is following suit.

Logical
06-04-2005, 06:49 PM
He should of pulled a Jeff Kent and said he got hurt washing his car. This reminds me of Onterrio Smith though. While you're making millions, give up activities that will put the cash in jeopardy. NFL careers aren't that long. My last comparison will be to Barry Bonds. Barry's dad was mis-treated in the media so Barry became an ass. Seems like Kellen Jr is following suit.

Nice analogy:thumb:

Calcountry
06-06-2005, 09:58 AM
This is such shit, think about most 21 year old males. If you think they have all learned responsibility or even that most have you are deluding yourself. Sure some do but it is more the isolated case than the norm.Yes, EnDELT is the norm, I forgot.

TEX
06-06-2005, 10:01 AM
I'm as tired of hearing about any Winslow as I am hearing about Maurice Clorett. Time to move on.

However, I do seem to remember some 20-year-old kid actually charging agents a fee to interview them for their services. :hmmm: If you're going to present yourself one way, you can't expect others to treat you differently.

alpha_omega
06-06-2005, 10:35 AM
Didn't see it, but heard a large part of it on ESPN radio.

Sr. simply wouldnt answer the questions.
If he had answered the questions straight forward and without the attitude, we would not even be discussing this.

Logical
06-06-2005, 10:50 AM
Yes, EnDELT is the norm, I forgot.

From what I have seen of Endo he is on the tame side of the norm curve.

Lzen
06-06-2005, 12:49 PM
I truly believe Jrs bad attitude about the press comes from his father. His dad was mistreated by the press and came to hate them. But I really do not go along with the do no wrong theory.

Who among us at 21 did not feel they were invincible and did incredibly stupid and dangerous shit? Hell I remember rat racing down a St. Louis freeway corrider at around 5pm going almost 90 miles an hour with no room between the cars I was zigging in and out of to beat my buddy. Incredibly ****ing stupid. Heh I was lucky, Kellen wasn't. Isn't that really the only difference other than an 8 figure contract. Do people really think that 8 figure contract makes a 21 year old more mature?:shake:

It's not the fact that he did a dumb thing that lots of young people might do. It's that fact that he has proven himself to be an arrogant prick since the day he was drafted. If you believe in karma.......
ROFL

Calcountry
06-06-2005, 01:19 PM
From what I have seen of Endo he is on the tame side of the norm curve.Yeah, Yeah, whatever.