PDA

View Full Version : Vonage commercials

JimNasium
06-04-2005, 07:01 AM
Does anyone know if the clips from those commercials are staged? I hope they aren't as I love to see pure stupidity in action. Two of my faves include the guy with the toy rocket and the guy with the chainsaw. Can you say genious?

Rain Man
06-04-2005, 09:27 AM
I don't know if I've seen either of those two commercials, but I like the Vonage commercials. They're probably effective, too.

jspchief
06-04-2005, 09:38 AM
The one with the guy cutting down the tree looks staged to me. You wouldn't be cutting down a tree of that size if you didn't know what you were doing, and you wouldn't park your 1978 civic that close, out in the middle of a forest.

Just too many things that don't jive

redsurfer11
06-04-2005, 12:27 PM
Does anyone know if the clips from those commercials are staged? I hope they aren't as I love to see pure stupidity in action. Two of my faves include the guy with the toy rocket and the guy with the chainsaw. Can you say genious?

The Rockets and Chainsaw were staged. The kid with the baseball ball was not.IMO.

C-Mac
06-04-2005, 06:14 PM
The Rockets and Chainsaw were staged. The kid with the baseball ball was not.IMO.

The one with the rocket is not staged and I doubt that any are. I have had a copy of that rocket video for at least 6 years or more from Funniest home videos. It was by far one of my all time favorites and the cut commercial version doesnt do it justice. That rocket actually makes 3 large loops, forcing everyone to hit the ground before hitting the tool box in the back of the truck. What makes it so funny is that rockets are supposed to go up vertical and everyone is looking up trying to pinpoint it. The last thing you expect is this thing zinging horizontly 5ft of the ground across the TV screen....
ROFL ROFL