PDA

View Full Version : Serious question........

tommykat
06-04-2005, 08:57 PM
Talking with a lady today that has a daughter in Flordia. We started talking about hauling in the sand for the beaches to restore them. We wondered where the haul it from. She thought maybe Arz.......or such places. I never really thought about that til she mentioned it.

So where do the haul the sand in from for all the beaches to be restored?

4th and Long
06-04-2005, 09:04 PM
From what I've read, they pump sand directly off the ocean floor, right at the site where they wish to rebuild.

headsnap
06-04-2005, 09:12 PM
Talking with a lady today that has a daughter in Flordia. We started talking about hauling in the sand for the beaches to restore them. We wondered where the haul it from. She thought maybe Arz.......or such places. I never really thought about that til she mentioned it.

you really are blond, aren't you?

ROFL

badgirl
06-04-2005, 09:21 PM
I think some of the places start out planting a bunch of Sand Ivy. Stuff grows like mad when it gets plenty of saltwater and sun. Before the first summer is over the beach is usually covered most of the way with sand. Then they just back fill the rest with local stuff.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I HATE it when she doesn't log out.

stumppy

Rausch
06-04-2005, 09:23 PM

You call Holland and ask for the VASCO DA GAMA...

headsnap
06-04-2005, 09:25 PM
how else did the Grand Canyon get so big?

on a related note... Bush put forth his mars initaitive because we know that there is sand on Mars, and Bushie is just doing a big favor for his brother.

and to spite Mccain, because everybody knows that sand it $...

Skip Towne
06-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Now that we have TK and badgirl working on it I can rest easy. I'm sure they will find some sand somewhere. I hope the scam artists don't find them.

BigMeatballDave
06-04-2005, 09:35 PM

So where do the haul the sand in from for all the beaches to be restored?They truck it in from Phoenix beach and Tucson port...

Baby Lee
06-04-2005, 09:45 PM
C'mon folks, not everybody know that silicon is the MOST PLENTIFUL SUBSTANCE ON EARTH!!!

4th and Long
06-04-2005, 09:47 PM
C'mon folks, not everybody know that silicon is the MOST PLENTIFUL SUBSTANCE ON EARTH!!!
Where does water rank on that list? :D

stumppy
06-04-2005, 09:48 PM

You're right, I stand corrected. They use Silicon Ivy not Sand Ivy. I always get those two mixed up.

Baby Lee
06-04-2005, 09:50 PM
Where does water rank on that list? :D
My bad, I meant element, and chose to disregard oxygen.

The eight most plentiful elements in decreasing abundance are: oxygen, silicon, aluminum, iron, magnesium, calcium, sodium and potassium.

alanm
06-04-2005, 09:51 PM
Now that we have TK and badgirl working on it I can rest easy. I'm sure they will find some sand somewhere. I hope the scam artists don't find them.
ROFL ROFL

Baby Lee
06-04-2005, 09:53 PM
You're right, I stand corrected. They use Silicon Ivy not Sand Ivy. I always get those two mixed up.
Sand IS silicon, with an assortment of random interspersed minerals.

But more importantly, I missed your post the first time around. Are you under the impression that sand ivy CREATES sand?

Otter
06-04-2005, 09:59 PM
Where do you think all that recycled glass goes?

stumppy
06-04-2005, 10:10 PM
Sand IS silicon, with an assortment of random interspersed minerals.

But more importantly, I missed your post the first time around. Are you under the impression that sand ivy CREATES sand?

Duh!!! Everyone knows Silicone Ivy creates sand. Sand Ivy just gives you that sand in your butt crack feeling all over.

Logical
06-04-2005, 10:13 PM

ROFL this really is badgirl isn't it.

Rausch
06-04-2005, 10:22 PM
ROFL this really is badgirl isn't it.

I think she's trying to be funny.

At least, I hope so... :hmmm:

tommykat
06-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Well at least what I thought proves true......from the ocean........whatever...just a TK moment again.:banghead:

FOOOOOOOOOOOO CHIT!

stumppy
06-04-2005, 10:45 PM
Man I gotta snap out of this, I feel like I'm punch drunk. Between getting a TK decoder stuck on my finger for the last two days and this being "the kids are gone it's our alone weekend" weekend my brain cells have signed a suicide pact and have been drawing straws to see which one goes first and what's left of my wit is as dull as the knife I've been trying to slit my wrists with.

tommykat
06-04-2005, 10:49 PM
Man I gotta snap out of this, I feel like I'm punch drunk. Between getting a TK decoder stuck on my finger for the last two days and this being "the kids are gone it's our alone weekend" weekend my brain cells have signed a suicide pact and have been drawing straws to see which one goes first and what's left of my wit is as dull as the knife I've been trying to slit my wrists with.

Rep for your decoder ring being on your finger..ROFL

stumppy
06-04-2005, 10:53 PM
Rep for your decoder ring being on your finger..ROFL

I didn't think anyone needed to know where it really was.

Rausch
06-04-2005, 10:56 PM
Interesting. Since the majority of our atmosphere is nitrogen, where's the rest of the oxygen hiding? In various organisms?

With Hydrogen...

headsnap
06-04-2005, 11:01 PM
With Hydrogen...
ROFL

I'm thirsty...

stumppy
06-04-2005, 11:08 PM
With Hydrogen...

Water you talking about?

Rausch
06-04-2005, 11:24 PM
Water you talking about?

stumppy
06-04-2005, 11:24 PM
I think I'll pull a stumppy here.... uh, I was just joking guys.

I didn't see you last night. And besides, I meant ALL the wives. Not just the two with big tits.

Rausch
06-04-2005, 11:26 PM
I didn't see you last night. And besides, I meant ALL the wives. Not just the two with big tits.

So, you're mormon?

luv
06-04-2005, 11:40 PM

Thinking of all those children with empty sandboxes!!! :deevee:

philfree
06-05-2005, 12:21 AM
They(who ever that is) go off the beach a little ways and drudge/druge it up and put it on the beach. ......They dig off the bottom and put it on the beach.

PhilFree:arrow:

Rausch
06-05-2005, 12:38 AM
I don't even know WTF this means.

I think I do...

Endelt + Stumpy n co. = :hump: :whip:

ROYC75
06-05-2005, 10:58 AM

Arizona ........ ? Sure, haven't you heard of that ocean front property eveybody is selling there ?