PDA

View Full Version : Merrill: Boomer hunts for a home

tk13
06-05-2005, 01:25 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/11818311.htm

Be it never so humble, Boomer hunts for a home
For a draft pick with lots of new money, the basement’s the thing

By ELIZABETH MERRILL
Kansas City Star

Toby Keith is twanging through the ride to One Arrowhead Drive, and Boomer Grigsby’s 22-inch chrome rims are spinning to the noise. His girlfriend, Jess, is riding shotgun. His real estate agent is waiting in a silver Lexus.

It’s post-Memorial Day sleepy at the stadium. The veterans have the week off, and the Chiefs’ most flamboyant rookie is tooling around in a GMC Denali that’s worth more than his dad’s annual pay at the Caterpillar plant back home in Illinois.

“Look at this dude right here,” Grigsby says, eyeballing the DVD player in the back seat. “As cool as that is, I don’t even get to use it because I’m always driving.”

Grigsby is new money. Two months ago, the self-proclaimed country boy was watching the NFL draft at his parents’ one-level home in Canton. Today, he’s shopping for $300,000 houses in Overland Park.

He weaves his $60,000 SUV through rush-hour traffic, gets lost, then says he’s not going to be another NFL player who squanders it all away on toys. The pimped-up ride? That was the brainchild of a local car dealer back home. He wanted the town to know Boomer Grigsby shops there, so he cut him a huge deal and loaded the Denali with extras.

There wasn’t a contract, just a handshake and a promise, because that’s the way they do things in Canton.

“I think 75 percent of the NFL leaves broke,” Grigsby says. “That’s why I’m going house shopping right now. If I write a check for $1,000 or more every month and I’m simply renting, I feel like I’m taking that money and lighting it on fire.”

Grigsby shakes the hand of Jim Manning, who’s sold houses to 35 current Chiefs, then follows him to a parking lot in Overland Park clutching a packet of seven listings.

Grigsby’s 23, unshaven and ready to embark upon the adult world. He’s ready to buy a house.

“Let’s do it,” he says.

To understand the buyer, you must first understand the man.

The first time Jess Wedam met Grigsby during their college days at Illinois State, she thought he was obnoxious. He’d drive his Blazer through their neighborhood, windows down, stereo cranking, then hop out shirtless and sweaty. His curly locks were longer then, almost hippyish. His swagger was almost intolerable.

Illinois State, a Division I-AA school in football, didn’t have many athletic heroes. But it had Grigsby, a hard-hitting linebacker and three-time All-American. The media relations department made posters of Grigsby decked out and holding a rose, a la “The Bachelor.”

The posters read, “The Linebacker.”

Everybody knew who that was.

The first time Grigsby worked his charm on Wedam, she vowed she’d never smell the roses. And every time she resisted, the linebacker became more interested. Grigsby called her “the biggest challenge in my college career.” Finally, the future schoolteacher relented.

“I put down the law right away,” Wedam says. “I don’t care if you play football, I don’t care if people love you and think you’re the greatest thing ever. To me you’re just a guy, just another guy.”

Wedam will help Grigsby find a house, but she makes it clear that this is not a joint venture. She’ll go back home to her new teaching job in Illinois; Grigsby will spend his first year in Kansas City enjoying his new bachelor pad. She says he’s still obnoxious, by the way.

He’s 23 going on 12 — Grigsby announces that at least twice — and he’s quickly latched on to second-year defensive end Jared Allen, another fun-loving former Division I-AA star who beat out Grigsby for the 2003 Buck Buchanan award. When Grigsby first came to town, he wanted to live on the Country Club Plaza because he loves to eat out. Then he checked out Allen’s spacious pad in Overland Park and decided he needed one just like that … but a tad better.

Grigsby, who will bring at least 15 family members and friends to each home game, needs a lot of space. That comes cheaper in the suburbs. And he wants a place for his, um, social activities, which means he needs a big basement that preferably has a bar.

He’ll tour seven houses, all of which have four bedrooms, 3½ baths and three-car garages. He’ll take off his shoes at each place and test if the hardwood floors are conducive to sliding and moonwalking in his socks.

“Oh, they’ve got to leave the swing set,” Grigsby says as he stares at the playground in the back yard of one of the houses. “I’ve got to go down that slide.”

His girlfriend tells him to focus.

“That’s not yours,” she says.

The key to a football player’s heart, apparently, is in the basement. It’s the bat cave, the place where foosball tables and leather couches are never gaudy, big-screen TVs are never too loud, and a man can retreat with a bottle and his thoughts.

By the first house, it’s obvious the basement will be a deal breaker for Grigsby. It’s the first place he runs to, the last thing he remembers, and Grigsby immediately puts the house in finalist contention when the basement is spacious and well-lighted. Grigsby can’t stand a dark basement — it’s fine if he wants to take a nap — and is hooked on daylight basements, which is a fancy term for a downstairs with big windows.

The basement with the burgundy carpet and dark lighting gets a short tour. It’s one of the cheaper listings, at $299,000, but Grigsby isn’t even impressed with the entertainment center in the corner, which has at least 15 shelves.

“You can put a picture of your brother or a cup you got from Vietnam there or something,” Grigsby says. “I don’t need that. I just want a big TV.

“Let’s get out of here.”

Manning, who printed the Chiefs’ 2004 schedule on the back of his business card, says rookies are actually some of the easiest people to please. They’ve spent their last four years in dorm rooms and apartments and turn to Manning for Home Ownership 101.

He points to houses he sold to Allen and Jerome Woods on their tour, and when Grigsby’s jaw drops at a mansion along the way, Manning smiles and says that’s something they’ll snag after his next contract.

“I know the Chiefs get a lot of people calling them,” Manning says, “sending them flowers, saying, ‘I’ve got this house listed for a million dollars. It would be perfect for an athlete.’ Well, very few Chiefs players would buy a house for over a million dollars. You don’t have to in Kansas City.

“So many people try to make a quick buck on them because they make a lot of money.”

Grigsby, a fifth-round draft pick, has yet to sign a deal. But the rookie minimum salary is $230,000, and Grigsby can also expect a signing bonus that won’t come close to first-rounder Derrick Johnson’s millions but should allow him to live comfortably in Overland Park.

Grigsby moonwalks in the kitchen of the second house and stares up at the wallpaper. It’s covered in grapes and leaves.

“That doesn’t look like you, Boomer,” Manning says.

Wide-open spaces: That’s what Boomer wants.

He grew up in a small town, population 18,000, and Grigsby spent much of his time in a big yard with a basketball hoop. He wants his kitchen and dining room to blend into one. That would make it more spacious. He wants his bedroom to be massive, but not so big that it makes his guest rooms dinky.

He quickly slides through the tours of houses two through five but finds love in stop No. 6. The house is wide open and filled with soothing mood music. Manning looks at Grigsby and smiles.

“Ready for the basement?”

It’s huge, with a foosball table and good lighting. Manning reminds Grigsby that it’s a lot like Jared Allen’s basement. He agrees, then hops across the carpet doing an air guitar.

“Cool,” Grigsby says. “You can tell this is where you’re going to hang out.”

He walks upstairs and finds a spot roughly 30 feet from the front door, then crouches in a defensive stance.

“I could practice linebacker drills and knock over whoever comes through the front door,” he says.

He tells Jess he wants to replace the fancy chandelier near the door with something ridiculous, maybe something with Mickey Mouse on it. She rolls her eyes.

“Oh whatever,” he says. “I may be a dork, but at least I’m entertaining.”

They pile into the car, and Grigsby asks Manning about house taxes. He feels like he should know this stuff. They have one more place to go, and Grigsby asks how much Allen paid for his place.

“I’ve got to beat him so I can talk (smack) to him,” he says.

A long-haired man answers the door at the last home, and maybe that’s a sign. Grigsby loves this house as much as the last one. The basement is big, sort of, and has a walk-out to the yard. A privacy fence covers the back yard, which could come in handy when Grigsby entertains guests. He wouldn’t want kids watching his buddies drink beer.

He can do without the closet space, which Grigsby says is big enough to hold Puff Daddy’s wardrobe. He’d also ditch the sunflower wallpaper.

He spreads his arms in the air and looks at Jess.

“I think you should keep looking,” she says.

Grigsby sighs.

“Well, that’s a wrap.”

Grigsby has three houses on his wish list now, but he’s not in a hurry. The Chiefs put the rookies up at the Residence Inn until after training camp. With a fireplace and a kitchen, the digs are better than anything he had in college.

He gets lost on Interstate 435, grabs his cell phone and calls Manning for directions. He’s heading back to Arrowhead just before the Royals’ game against the Yankees. The lots are filling up, and a woman at a booth tells Grigsby he has to pay $9 to park.

“I play for the Chiefs,” he says.

She doesn’t believe him, then asks for ID. She’s never heard of him. Grigsby laughs, pleads, then finally gets the green light and pushes his Denali toward Arrowhead. If Grigsby is destined to be another NFL riches-to-rags story, would he care about the nine bucks?

Would he have come back from house-hunting empty-handed?

“I bought a pair of (python-skin) boots when I was in Atlanta before the draft,” Grigsby says. “They were marked down. That’s about the gaudiest thing I’ve bought.

“I’m trying not to be just a 23-year-old who stumbled into a little bit of money. Football has no guarantees. I’ve far from made it.”

He hasn’t even figured out where he’s going to live yet.

Reaper16
06-05-2005, 01:28 AM
Pleads with her for free parking? Scanlon would have punched the broad right in the teeth.

Logical
06-05-2005, 01:32 AM
I sure hope Boomer works out, but I have to say that article painted an unflattering view of him. Well at least that is my opinion after reading the article. Your mileage may vary.

J Diddy
06-05-2005, 01:54 AM
I sure hope Boomer works out, but I have to say that article painted an unflattering view of him. Well at least that is my opinion after reading the article. Your mileage may vary.

yeah, kinda put the whole dedicated "gonna kill anything to get my big shot" thing and crapped all over it. Almost like it was her intention to portray him as a childish partier.

kcxiv
06-05-2005, 02:24 AM
what 23 year old doesnt like to party? He wnats to have fun, long as his ass dont drive like warfields dumbass.

beer bacon
06-05-2005, 02:26 AM
I guess this didn't rub me the wrong way like it did some others.

I liked the part about Boomer building a friendship with Allen. If Boomer could eventually become a starter they could feed off each other's intensity on the field. Hell, our whole defense could feed off their intensity.

J Diddy
06-05-2005, 02:27 AM
what 23 year old doesnt like to party? He wnats to have fun, long as his ass dont drive like warfields dumbass.

The mormons.

kcxiv
06-05-2005, 02:28 AM
The mormons.
Glad the Chiefs arent in Utah then.

J Diddy
06-05-2005, 02:28 AM

I liked the part about Boomer building a friendship with Allen. If Boomer could eventually become a starter they could feed off each other's intensity on the field. Hell, our whole defense could feed of their intensity.
I would love to see something resembling the relationship DT had with neil smith. Or at least the statistics.....

J Diddy
06-05-2005, 02:32 AM
Glad the Chiefs arent in Utah then.

Cause that's the only place the mormons are, isn't it?

Yes I am well aware that most kids that are 23 like to party.
However, every previous article was nothing but business. His answers and his work ethic is what has created a love affair. To have an article boasting about his $300000 house he wants to buy with a bar to kick it with his friends isn't the track. It almost takes something away from the guy. Suddenly, it's not about football anymore. It's about the paycheck.

Son of Logical
06-05-2005, 02:36 AM
I don't think what the guy acts like off the field has really anything to do with what he does on the field. He is a screw off that is cool. I am a screw off too, but when it is time for me to knuckle down and do some work I am the man at that. I give me as example, because I 23 as well. To me is sounds like the guy is enjoying himself. We will see what he is made of come pre-season, and then we can judge if this article has any relevance to the way the guy plays or not.

T-post Tom
06-05-2005, 03:14 AM
The Star's "Sports Section" is becoming unbearable.

HemiEd
06-05-2005, 03:41 AM

I liked the part about Boomer building a friendship with Allen. If Boomer could eventually become a starter they could feed off each other's intensity on the field. Hell, our whole defense could feed off their intensity.

Me Either, I liked the angle. I also liked the competitiveness that is being hinted at between him and Allen. I have not read anything from Allen that I can remember, hopefully it is constructive for him and not a distraction.
I do think the Star has had better reporters though.

htismaqe
06-05-2005, 05:30 AM
Toby Keith is twanging through the ride to One Arrowhead Drive

That seals it for me. I don't like the guy.

Mile High Mania
06-05-2005, 06:20 AM
Sounds like he should at least be good for interviews and segments on sports radio... likely very entertaining.

the Talking Can
06-05-2005, 06:30 AM
I bet more NFL rookies are like Boomer than not.

What's with the "I'm shocked, shocked!" response? You all sound like a bunch of grandpas.

sparkky
06-05-2005, 06:30 AM
the article just shows me he has the same passion for life that he does for the game. no problems here. passion is what defense is about.

Mile High Mania
06-05-2005, 06:35 AM
I bet more NFL rookies are like Boomer than not.

What's with the "I'm shocked, shocked!" response? You all sound like a bunch of grandpas.

Totally agree... dude is in his low 20's, just left the college scene, making more money than his family has in a decade... playing in the NFL...

Poor Jess better hope she's hot as hell or just keep a close eye on her dude. His whole world is about to get crazy.

the Talking Can
06-05-2005, 06:44 AM
Totally agree... dude is in his low 20's, just left the college scene, making more money than his family has in a decade... playing in the NFL...

Poor Jess better hope she's hot as hell or just keep a close eye on her dude. His whole world is about to get crazy.

She better have a don't ask don't tell policy. Sounds like Boomer wants "North Dallas 40" in his basement.

BigRedChief
06-05-2005, 07:07 AM
The dude is 23. Got some cash. A girlfriend thats out of town. Just like every other 23 year old he's going to party every once in a while. Just as long as it doesn't effect his day job.....none of my business

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-05-2005, 07:23 AM
Gee... I hope for his sake he makes the team after spending the money from his so far non-existant contract.

Maybe it's just me but I think I'd take it a little slower if I were in his position.

tomahawk kid
06-05-2005, 07:37 AM

However, every previous article was nothing but business. His answers and his work ethic is what has created a love affair. To have an article boasting about his $300000 house he wants to buy with a bar to kick it with his friends isn't the track. It almost takes something away from the guy. Suddenly, it's not about football anymore. It's about the paycheck.

Look at it this way: At least he' partying at home with teammates, than with "hangers-on" in Westport.

Already sounds like he's smarter than Warfield.

I don't begrudge any small town kid from spending new found $ on a big house with a finished basement.

BTW, his girlfriend his hiz-zot...

gblowfish
06-05-2005, 07:40 AM
I'm really disappointed with you guys. 15 posts and NOBODY mentioned the boink-atude of his girlfriend....

Teachers are great because they make you do it until you get it right.

stevieray
06-05-2005, 07:55 AM
I don't like this new writer. This is the second article about players and their money.

mlyonsd
06-05-2005, 08:04 AM
For some reason I can't explain I like the "live life for now" attitude in a LB. He doesn't sound real cerebral but I think that's a good trait in a LB as well.

He's a kid and has plenty of time in his future to work in a factory so I don't blame him for living it up now.

Lastly, anybody that listens to Toby Keith is all right with me.

Marcellus
06-05-2005, 08:20 AM
If I was 23, just got drafted by the Chiefs and was looking to make a little bank, I would get a room at the Holliday Inn Express and do nothing but study my playbook 24/7.

Yea, thats what we would all do.

BigRedChief
06-05-2005, 08:21 AM

And a school marm. :drool:

Manila-Chief
06-05-2005, 08:24 AM
I don't like this new writer. This is the second article about players and their money.

I don't like her because she is not a football writer. These nice soft frilly articles are okay for softees or on the back page of the Star for wives to read, but not for football starved fans.

I know!!! I'm just having Ivan withdrawls. I miss his insight into the players and the team.

But, we don't need another Joe P. article in the place that real football news is suppose to be!!!

stevieray
06-05-2005, 08:27 AM
I don't like her because she is not a football writer. These nice soft frilly articles are okay for softees or on the back page of the Star for wives to read, but not for football starved fans.

I know!!! I'm just having Ivan withdrawls. I miss his insight into the players and the team.

But, we don't need another Joe P. article in the place that real football news is suppose to be!!!

:clap:

Exactly. PC football.

Wile_E_Coyote
06-05-2005, 08:54 AM
Scanlon will come back from NFLE, buy an empty lot & build a castle complete with moat before TC

teedubya
06-05-2005, 09:03 AM
this kid is smart... he takes his hot girl with him to find a pad. He wants to buy, not rent... and he wants a cool basement. Cant argue with that.

Plus he doesnt want the kids to see him and his friends drinking beer. Very responsible.

Yeah, this new writer blows much ass.

DTLB58
06-05-2005, 09:44 AM
Gee... I hope for his sake he makes the team after spending the money from his so far non-existant contract.

Maybe it's just me but I think I'd take it a little slower if I were in his position.

Yep, Sounds like he needs to listen in on the seminar Dave Ramsey will give to the Titans rookies about their first expirence with big money.

jAZ
06-05-2005, 10:04 AM
He's a big kid with a pretty good vision of his long-term future. I think that's a pretty healthy combination, IMO. That girlfriend of his seems to have the ability to keep him in check too.

FloridaMan88
06-05-2005, 10:48 AM
The Star's "Sports Section" is becoming unbearable.

No kidding.

There was no mention of Hakim visiting today, in the Star

Nzoner
06-05-2005, 11:02 AM
I don't think what the guy acts like off the field has really anything to do with what he does on the field. He is a screw off that is cool. I am a screw off too, but when it is time for me to knuckle down and do some work I am the man at that. I give me as example, because I 23 as well. To me is sounds like the guy is enjoying himself. We will see what he is made of come pre-season, and then we can judge if this article has any relevance to the way the guy plays or not.

I live by a sales trainers words I first heard in my early 20's.Some of the hardest working,most successful people are the hardest playing people too.At 42,I still live by it,I want nice stuff and to be able to screw off when I want I have to work hard when it's time to do so.

Personally,I have no problem with what Boomer is saying and doing,he's getting just a little taste of what could be and seeing where he comes from that could be the drive that burns in his gut to be a helluva NFL player.Time will tell.

Skip Towne
06-05-2005, 11:45 AM

Then you wouldn't have liked EJ Holub. Some cowboys are great football players. Walt Garrison was another.

ROYC75
06-05-2005, 11:52 AM
Scanlon will come back from NFLE, buy an empty lot & build a castle complete with moat before TC

Inside info leaking out ? :hmmm: :D

OTOH, Boomer seems like a humble kid that does want to have fun. The writer kinda played him wrong in the article.

He seems like a hard worker, the type that know what they want and how to get it. I look forward to seeing him play with the Chiefs.

Skip Towne
06-05-2005, 11:56 AM
Look at it this way: At least he' partying at home with teammates, than with "hangers-on" in Westport.

Already sounds like he's smarter than Warfield.

I don't begrudge any small town kid from spending new found $ on a big house with a finished basement.

This post is worthless without pics.

beer bacon
06-05-2005, 12:00 PM

Allen likes crappy music too. Do you not like him?

Wile_E_Coyote
06-05-2005, 12:17 PM
there does seem to be a theme in Merrill's articles: Warfield's house,shoes & diamond dog collar, LJ fiddling with the AC in his mercedes, Boomer out in his $60,000 SUV house hunting

Dave Lane
06-05-2005, 02:31 PM
yeah, kinda put the whole dedicated "gonna kill anything to get my big shot" thing and crapped all over it. Almost like it was her intention to portray him as a childish partier.

He is.

Dave

Dave Lane
06-05-2005, 02:33 PM

Rep for you!

Dave

sparkky
06-05-2005, 02:54 PM
there does seem to be a theme in Merrill's articles: Warfield's house,shoes & diamond dog collar, LJ fiddling with the AC in his mercedes, Boomer out in his $60,000 SUV house hunting

sounds like typical female gold-digging tendencies to me.

Skip Towne
06-05-2005, 03:42 PM
I think he's stupid for buying a high dollar house before he even makes the team. Hell, in 90 days he may be needing a house in another NFL city. Or worse.

kcxiv
06-05-2005, 05:40 PM

You yave to remember, its a buisness first, and a game second. It been that way for years now. I can care less what he does with his off time, but when its game time he better be ready, and more then likely he will. If he wants to party, then party have fun. Long as it doesnt affect what your doing on the field. People need to always remember its a buisness first which means money first then the game part of it.

kcxiv
06-05-2005, 05:43 PM
I think he's stupid for buying a high dollar house before he even makes the team. Hell, in 90 days he may be needing a house in another NFL city. Or worse. why is he stupid? we all know he is a lock to make the team barrng injury. He will make at least 365k a year i thnk thats rookie min. Plus he will get a signing bonus. Plus incentives. He will n ot pay it all at once, he will be more then likely financing the house. I dont see anything wrong with what he is doing.

Logical
06-05-2005, 05:47 PM

Maybe you have hit the nail on the head. I could care less that he is a partier as long as he does not drink and drive. But the article just seems to paint an unflattering view just like the previous one did on Warfield. I sort of expected it with Warfield but not so much with a Rookie that has done nothing yet.

Sure-Oz
06-05-2005, 05:49 PM
Sounds like he should at least be good for interviews and segments on sports radio... likely very entertaining.
as long as he has go with all that show, hopefully not like brian bosworths tackling skillz

Skip Towne
06-05-2005, 05:58 PM
why is he stupid? we all know he is a lock to make the team barrng injury. He will make at least 365k a year i thnk thats rookie min. Plus he will get a signing bonus. Plus incentives. He will n ot pay it all at once, he will be more then likely financing the house. I dont see anything wrong with what he is doing.
A 5th round draft choice is NEVER a lock to make an NFL roster. Also, why is it important to buy now instead of waiting 90 days when he will have a much better idea of where he stands? I'm surprised his agent hasn't said something to him about it.

Chiefnj
06-05-2005, 06:11 PM
I don't mind the new writer for the Star. It's the offseason, it's a slow time with not much going on. There's nothing wrong with giving fans a glimpse of what's going on with players in their private lives.

As far as Grigsby. I don't see what the big deal is. If he wasn't drafted he'd probably go to work with his dad at the CAT plant and make 40k a year. He'll probably make 9 times that amount this year alone.

Be honest for a minute. If you walked into work tomorrow morning and your boss said congrats we're multiplying your salary by 9 you'd go out and buy some stuff. You'd get a fancier car. If you played golf you'd get a new set of clubs and probably spring the cash for a country club. If you like fishing you'd buy that bass boat you've been eyeing for a few years. You'd get a big screen t.v. and tons of other stuff you really don't need. Boomer's no different, just a little more immature because of his age.

kcxiv
06-05-2005, 06:14 PM
A 5th round draft choice is NEVER a lock to make an NFL roster. Also, why is it important to buy now instead of waiting 90 days when he will have a much better idea of where he stands? I'm surprised his agent hasn't said something to him about it.you did read the whole article where he has not bought a house yet he still has more to look at then will decide. And yes a 5th rounder isnt nessecarly a lock. I think most of us chiefs fans think he is a lock. Even if he goes to the PS, he can still afford the house, 300k house isnt that much. Hell i live in a 200k house n i dont make nearly as much money nto even close to what he will be making.

Skip Towne
06-05-2005, 06:38 PM
you did read the whole article where he has not bought a house yet he still has more to look at then will decide. And yes a 5th rounder isnt nessecarly a lock. I think most of us chiefs fans think he is a lock. Even if he goes to the PS, he can still afford the house, 300k house isnt that much. Hell i live in a 200k house n i dont make nearly as much money nto even close to what he will be making.
He has no pressing need to buy a house. He doesn't even know if he will have a job other than Burger King. Lots higher picks than him have bombed. I'd like to see him rent a room from a teammate like Allen and live and breathe football for the next few months. He has a lot of adjusting to do and living with a guy who has been there could help him alot.

shaneo69
06-05-2005, 08:59 PM
He has no pressing need to buy a house. He doesn't even know if he will have a job other than Burger King. Lots higher picks than him have bombed. I'd like to see him rent a room from a teammate like Allen and live and breathe football for the next few months. He has a lot of adjusting to do and living with a guy who has been there could help him alot.

I think after seeing his roster competition (Kawika Mitchell) at the recent OTA's, Boomer's become a lot more confident in his chances of making the team.

shaneo69
06-05-2005, 09:08 PM
Quote from article:

He walks upstairs and finds a spot roughly 30 feet from the front door, then crouches in a defensive stance.

“I could practice linebacker drills and knock over whoever comes through the front door,” he says.

Good stuff.

I don't really see Warfield's house's status as "Chiefs party mecca" being in jeopardy. I think Boomer's idea of entertaining is having Jared Allen over to play PS2 while drinking Budweiser and eating Cheetos.