PDA

View Full Version : Scanlon and his team on Fox at Noon Central...

Coogs
06-05-2005, 08:51 AM
Just a heads up.

Bowser
06-05-2005, 09:59 AM
Cool.

We can always count on Coogs to be on top of things around here!

:D

ROYC75
06-05-2005, 10:28 AM
For some damn reason, the Fox channel here is showing some telethon. :shake:

the Talking Can
06-05-2005, 10:28 AM
I'd watch, but the light emanating from Scanlon would melt my retinas.

ROYC75
06-05-2005, 10:30 AM
I'd watch, but the light emanating from Scanlon would melt my retinas.

I expected this much from you....... :D

the Talking Can
06-05-2005, 10:39 AM
I expected this much from you....... :D

does Scanlon pay you to respond to every post about him?

ROYC75
06-05-2005, 10:53 AM
does Scanlon pay you to respond to every post about him?

Your question ....... No.

Do you take pride in bashing him ?

HolmeZz
06-05-2005, 11:03 AM
Scanlon pumping up the troops. ROFL

HolmeZz
06-05-2005, 11:07 AM
SCANLON TOTALLY FORCED THAT FUMBLE. OMG.

HolmeZz
06-05-2005, 11:09 AM
IT'S A CONSPIRACY. A BAD ATTEMPT AT HOLDING DOWN THE SCAN'. :cuss:

Skip Towne
06-05-2005, 11:11 AM
What is Gopher's number?

HolmeZz
06-05-2005, 11:11 AM

HolmeZz
06-05-2005, 11:16 AM
He's pretty good at fighting through blocks.

mlyonsd
06-05-2005, 11:20 AM
All right, while running the risk of ridicule can somebody tell me which team Scanlon plays for? I admit I haven't been paying attention to any of the Scanlon threads.

KChiefs1
06-05-2005, 11:23 AM
The guy doing the game just said "Scanlon is the best defensive player in the NFLE"...at least Scanlon has that going for him.

HolmeZz
06-05-2005, 11:25 AM
That's like being the hottest guy in the chess club.

Skip Towne
All right, while running the risk of ridicule can somebody tell me which team Scanlon plays for? I admit I haven't been paying attention to any of the Scanlon threads.
Berlin. Black jerseys.

mlyonsd
LOL, the outside LB just blew a play up big time, Scanlon got there for late support, and the announcers and camera spend 30 seconds talking about Scanlon.

That's funny right there.

ROYC75
06-05-2005, 11:26 AM
I don't get to watch it, some damn telethon. :banghead:

Since I know the outcome and his totals, I will leave it well alone and let you guys enjoy the game.......... Maybe, just maybe I get to watch it next week ! :rolleyes:

Off to do yard work...... I think , may go work out at the gym.

TRR
06-05-2005, 11:31 AM
I saw him blow that tackle on special teams. If he wants to make the KC roster, he better start focusing on that aspect of the game.

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-05-2005, 11:35 AM
The guy doing the game just said "Scanlon is the best defensive player in the NFLE"...at least Scanlon has that going for him.
...which is nice.......

PastorMikH
06-05-2005, 11:58 AM
For some damn reason, the Fox channel here is showing some telethon. :shake:

Too bad, you're missing a great game. So far Rich has 15 tackles, an INT, 2 forced fumbles, 3 sacks, 147 yards rushing, 8 receptions for 56 yards and a TD, and a 52 yard FG. He's awesome!

:D

To be honest, he looks really good out there and reminds me of Maz by the way you see #57 around the ball on every play. Granted it's only NFLE but I'm hoping he can carry it over and help the Chiefs this fall.

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-05-2005, 12:05 PM
Ah shit....... ROY's gonna be right......... then we'll REALLY never hear the end of it!

Skip Towne
06-05-2005, 12:09 PM
They just showed a guy in the stands wearing a Nazi helmet. I wouldn't think that would go over very well in Berlin.

C-Mac
06-05-2005, 12:23 PM
They just showed a guy in the stands wearing a Nazi helmet. I wouldn't think that would go over very well in Berlin.

I know it wouldnt bode well in England.

C-Mac
06-05-2005, 12:29 PM
Ah shit....... ROY's gonna be right......... then we'll REALLY never hear the end of it!

Well to borrow JoPo's line, we would "love nothing more than to be wrong.”

I like the Planet Legend and hope that the Chiefs secure him, because he will be playing for someone.

ROYC75
06-05-2005, 12:35 PM

Naw, if I am right, by gones will be by gones, as long as you jump on board the wagon. ;) ROFL

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Naw, if I am right, by gones will be by gones, as long as you jump on board the wagon. ;) ROFL
Hey...I've got nothin' against Scanlon...never have.... I hope he becomes a stud for the Chiefs.... I'm not one of the haters ROY...

:)

mlyonsd
06-05-2005, 12:55 PM
I've been trying to watch the game but must admit I don't see anything that spectacular about Scanlon. Maybe he makes really good plays when I'm not watching. I've got nothing against the guy and wish all Chief prospects the best.

It does sound like the announcers would like to carry his children though so I must just not get it.

the Talking Can
06-05-2005, 01:01 PM
ok, so I tune in to see the Roy family's lover play....start of the second half: team marches right down the middle of the field for a TD....Scanlon, exactly like Maz, reconginzes the play but isn't talented enough to do anything about it...mostly he jumps on the pile....if he's our MLB we're ****ed for sure

|Zach|
06-05-2005, 01:03 PM
ok, so I tune in to see the Roy family's lover play....start of the second half: team marches right down the middle of the field for a TD....Scanlon, exactly like Maz, reconginzes the play but isn't talented enough to do anything about it...mostly he jumps on the pile....if he's our MLB we're ****ed for sure

Alot of people say he reminds them of Maz...and as mcuh as I appreciate the guy and what he has done for the Chiefs I am not interested in a Mike Maslowski lining up for the KC defense.

ROYC75
06-05-2005, 01:04 PM
I've been trying to watch the game but must admit I don't see anything that spectacular about Scanlon. Maybe he makes really good plays when I'm not watching. I've got nothing against the guy and wish all Chief prospects the best.

It does sound like the announcers would like to carry his children though so I must just not get it.

Pretty much it is with most players the media hypes. By no means is Rich all pro like some here butter him up to be. All I have ever claimed is he makes tackles and has a nose for the ball and that he will be a good player someday.

Somewhere between those comments and the wise cracks, he has became a icon. :rolleyes: ROFL

BTW beer me........ I have no ill feelings towards anybody here over any of this. We all have difference in opinions from time to time.

BTA, there some people on this BB that seem to take it personal.:shake:

Skip Towne
06-05-2005, 02:38 PM
I watched as much as I could stomach today. A little more than a half. I didn't see gopher get to the ballcarrier first even once. He was usually the second or third one there even though the announcers kept calling his name. Yes, I see a lot of MaSLOWski in him.

ROYC75
06-05-2005, 02:47 PM
Wow, so much disappointment with the planeteers ? :D

I didn't get to watch the game today so I can't comment on what happened.

TC will be here soon and we can see what happens from there.

htismaqe
06-05-2005, 05:10 PM

It's actually ILLEGAL in Berlin.

htismaqe
06-05-2005, 05:10 PM
BTA, there some people on this BB that seem to take it personal.:shake:

Only Bob Dole should be talking about himself in the 3rd person.

Logical
06-05-2005, 05:29 PM
I watched as much as I could stomach today. A little more than a half. I didn't see gopher get to the ballcarrier first even once. He was usually the second or third one there even though the announcers kept calling his name. Yes, I see a lot of MaSLOWski in him.

I will say that he gets to the ball carrier second a ton and helps bring him down. I suspect he is getting a ton of 1/2 tackles that are adding up. Gang tackling is not a bad thing but it is not something that would make me think he was a future starter in the NFL, unless we are not planning on being improved at MLB.

Skip Towne
06-05-2005, 05:44 PM
It's actually ILLEGAL in Berlin.
I'm not surprised. There's no doubt that is what it was. He had it painted gold with Thunder insignia on it.

htismaqe
06-05-2005, 05:55 PM
I will say that he gets to the ball carrier second a ton and helps bring him down. I suspect he is getting a ton of 1/2 tackles that are adding up. Gang tackling is not a bad thing but it is not something that would make me think he was a future starter in the NFL, unless we are not planning on being improved at MLB.

Ironically, I noticed the same thing while looking at the preseason games last year (arguing with Roy :D). Most of his tackles he was the 2nd or 3rd guy there.

htismaqe
06-05-2005, 05:56 PM
I'm not surprised. There's no doubt that is what it was. He had it painted gold with Thunder insignia on it.

I was on a train to Obertsdorf to do some skiing in 95. There was a drunk soccer hooligan on the train giving Nazi salutes and screaming "Heil!" at the top of his lungs.

They stopped about 15 minutes later and cops got on, cuffed him, and took him away.

ROYC75
06-05-2005, 09:19 PM
Ironically, I noticed the same thing while looking at the preseason games last year (arguing with Roy :D). Most of his tackles he was the 2nd or 3rd guy there.

Oh how true, it's better to be the 2nd or 3rd guy there to tackle the guy with the ball when the play was away from you instead of being the 4th or 5th guy. :D

I fail to see where that is a bad thing.

If you want to use todays game as a gauge for your evaluations, his solo tackles were 66 compaired to 18 assisted tackle, for a total of 84.

I didn't get to watch todays game, just a hunch here was it just one of those games where they probally worked the ball away from him more ?

The kid has a nose for the ball and can tackle, I still fail to see where anybody can discredit his ability.

htismaqe
06-05-2005, 09:24 PM
Oh how true, it's better to be the 2nd or 3rd guy there to tackle the guy with the ball when the play was away from you instead of being the 4th or 5th guy. :D

I fail to see where that is a bad thing.

If you want to use todays game as a gauge for your evaluations, his solo tackles were 66 compaired to 18 assisted tackle, for a total of 84.

I didn't get to watch todays game, just a hunch here was it just one of those games where they probally worked the ball away from him more ?

The kid has a nose for the ball and can tackle, I still fail to see where anybody can discredit his ability.

It's not a bad thing necessarily. It's just that you expect your MLB to STUFF something, not chase it down. If he's chasing down tackles in preseason and NFLE, he's going to be horribly outmatched in a regular season game.

KCWolfman
06-05-2005, 09:44 PM
Skip, if there was no Nazi symbol on it, it could have been a simple German Army issue helmet.

Demonpenz
06-05-2005, 11:00 PM
i saw that helmet skip. It was a nazi style helmet but there was no swastika on it. I was like is that a nazi helmet when i saw it too it looked like he had some kind of mowhawk on the top too

KCWolfman
06-05-2005, 11:02 PM
i saw that helmet skip. It was a nazi style helmet but there was no swastika on it. I was like is that a nazi helmet when i saw it too it looked like he had some kind of mowhawk on the top too
As far as I can discern and from what I have read in the past, there is no such thing as a Nazi helmet. There were Nazi's symbols painted on German helmets, but they were standard issue to men in the military, not solely for Nazis.

htismaqe
06-06-2005, 05:32 AM
Ah...the helmet itself is probably nothing. Obviously, displaying the Swastika or anything Nazi is illegal.

ROYC75
06-06-2005, 07:08 AM
66 / 18 / 84 Again I fail to see where that he doesn't take on enough solo tackles..... head on and not chasing or being 2nd,3rd on location.

This was prior to that game, the current #'s would be 68 / 26 / 94, that's still a nice ratio.

David.
06-06-2005, 07:19 AM
jesus, you guys are still talking about this guy?

B_Ambuehl
06-06-2005, 08:47 AM
I saw this thread and turned on the TV and I thought I was watching "The Rich Scanlon Show" on Fox instead of NFLE football. For the immediate 30 minutes after turning on the TV the commentators main focus in the game was Rich Scanlon. Ray Lewis has never even got this kind've attention in a football game. My favorite was when one of the guys said the reason the offense is struggling was solely because of Scanlon on defense. :) Even when an outside linebacker makes a play the camera zeroes in on Scanlon and they spend the next 5 minutes talking about him.

Judging by what I saw today, I'd have to say the The Chiefs Planet must have some fox sports commentators lurking around. :)

Skip Towne
06-06-2005, 08:51 AM
I saw this thread and turned on the TV and I thought I was watching "The Rich Scanlon Show" on Fox instead of NFLE football. For the immediate 30 minutes after turning on the TV the commentators main focus in the game was Rich Scanlon. Ray Lewis has never even got this kind've attention in a football game. My favorite was when one of the guys said the reason the offense is struggling was solely because of Scanlon on defense. :) Even when an outside linebacker makes a play the camera zeroes in on Scanlon and they spend the next 5 minutes talking about him.

Judging by what I saw today, I'd have to say the The Chiefs Planet must have some fox sports commentators lurking around. :)
Yeah, really.

Coogs
06-06-2005, 08:52 AM
My favorite was when one of the guys said the reason the offense is struggling was solely because of Scanlon on defense.

Uh-oh! That's going to cause a woody or two. :)

ROYC75
06-06-2005, 08:58 AM

ROFL

Who says money can't buy happiness ? (j/k)

If he is getting that much exposure from the media, he must be doing something right ?

I noticed it a bit last weeks game they were talking in great lengths about him. I didn't get to watch the game yesterday because of a damn telethon our local Foxx station carried.

Is next weeks game going to be a live broadcast of delayed taping ?

Skip Towne
06-06-2005, 08:59 AM
And maybe a Roygasm or two.

Coogs
06-06-2005, 09:10 AM
Is next weeks game going to be a live broadcast of delayed taping ?

:shrug:

I think I saw where it is on TV Saturday at 11:00 AM Central time. But don't hold me to that just yet.

ROYC75
06-06-2005, 10:41 AM
And maybe a Roygasm or two.

I ought to respond to this, OK, I will ....4321 :D

mlyonsd
06-06-2005, 10:46 AM
:shrug:

I think I saw where it is on TV Saturday at 11:00 AM Central time. But don't hold me to that just yet.

I'm pretty sure that's true.