PDA

View Full Version : He, who's name I'm unworthy to type, Q&A

Wile_E_Coyote
06-07-2005, 10:44 AM
Ask the Pros - Rich Scanlon answers
June 6, 2005
NFL Europe

http://images.nfl.com/photos/img8539569.jpg Rich Scanlon answers your questions. (waynepaulo.com)
http://www.nfleurope.com/news/story/8539571

World Bowl bound Berlin linebacker Rich Scanlon took time out of the team's preparation to answer questions sent in by NFL Europe fans for the final Ask the Pros of the 2005 season. Scanlon, who led the league in stops, tackles questions about his hopes of winning a job with the Chiefs, his championship game experience and his all time favorite players.

Coming out of college, Gil Brandt had you listen in his top 10 linebackers for the draft. Since many MLB weren't drafted, what was the reason you fell in the draft last year? With the recent success in NFL Europe, do you feel that you can compete with the KC middle linebackers for a starting job, and have the Chiefs led you to believe that?
Roy Caswell, Greenville, Ky

Great question. I wish that I had an answer for it, Roy, but honestly I can't give you a reason why I wasn't drafted. The draft is something I don't really get, even as a player. I will always expect to compete for a starting job, wherever I am. I'm not here to stand by the sidelines. I love to play, wherever it may be.

Hi Rich, would you rather win the defensive player of the season award or the World Bowl?
Darren Foord, Kent, England.

Honestly? I would love to win the …. World Bowl, of course. That way the entire team can enjoy success.

As a life-long Chiefs fan, I'm very interested in their progress on defense, particularly in the linebacker position. According to an interview with Coach Vermiel on the website you are one of a few players who will be seriously considered for the MLB position. With the Chiefs' recent acquisitions at the position, what unique skills do you bring to linebacker, particularly as you have developed this year in NFL Europe, that will help make the Chiefs defense a force in the NFL?
Ryan Fouts, Blue Springs, MO

Good question, Ryan. I believe my leadership and my ability to be around the ball constantly making plays are my biggest assets. A leader is not only a good player, but he makes the players around him better, which is real important in a highly competitive game. I hope to be able to contribute to a dominant Kansas City defense.

You were a highly successful athlete and student at Bergen Catholic and at Syracuse University, despite the challenges of balancing both of those demanding roles. What are the biggest challenges you face now, and what are you doing to address them?
Tracy A. Bernson, Dover, New Hampshire

Probably the biggest challenge that I face is establishing a position in the NFL. Even though I played in six games last year, it means nothing for next year. You are always trying to catch and surpass the veterans. Football has become a year-round sport, in through study, training, and practice. It's a year-round competition, so you have to have the will and motivation to be successful.

What kind of physical stress does such a long season place on you after being around football for an NFL season and then heading straight for NFL Europe? After such a stellar NFL Europe season you must be exhausted, but now you have to get ready for OTAs and camp. How can you show up and compete for a job after ten games of getting your body beat up? As the body gets tired injuries go up. How do you protect yourself from becoming an injury casualty, before the NFL season starts?
B.Fiedler Ed.D.

Injuries are something that I don't think about because as soon as you do, you get one. The toll on the body is probably one of the only drawbacks to gaining NFLEL experience. I did the math and it come out to 30 something weeks of football. It takes a few extra days to recover from a game, and the legs feel a bit wobbly. Strength training and treatment have been the big keys for me staying well. Eating well, I think, is also big in maintaining strength and stamina to stay healthy on the field.

Which all time greats from NFL history inspired you to become a football player?
Timothy Perry, Augusta, Georgia

The 1985 Bears were a huge inspiration for me. Walter Payton and the way he played the game really got me interested in football.

What are your plans for immediately after World Bowl and before training camp begins. Will you be able to have some down time and relax and get away from football?
Richard Harvey, Boston

I think that I will be heading back to Kansas City for a few days to touch base with the staff. Then it's off to Boston for a wedding, and then to Virginia for a Marine Corp graduation. Any down time that I have will be spent in my backyard pool with a cold drink.

What do you expect from World Bowl week, and is this the first championship game you have played in?
Terry White, Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I expect a lot of hustle and bustle. Lots of events and distractions. Championship games have turned into week-long events, but I expect it to be a great experience. This won't be my first championship, though. I was a part of three state championships in high school.

Who is the biggest joker in the Thunder locker-room and what kind of stuff do they get up to?
Steve Snyder, Dayton, Ohio

As of recently, the whole team has been playing pranks on each other. The most popular has been the prank when a group of guys tie up someone to a poll or something, or tie them up and drag them into the shower. It's mostly a position against position thing (WRs vs. DL's, OL's vs. DB's.) It's all in good fun, though.

Rain Man
06-07-2005, 10:47 AM
Did someone mention a poll?

Bob Dole
06-07-2005, 11:01 AM
AHA!

No doubt about it now. Roy is on the payroll.

Thig Lyfe
06-07-2005, 11:26 AM
Why am I not suprised that Roy got on there?

jspchief
06-07-2005, 11:35 AM
How many of those questions were from Planet members? Obviously Roy, and speculation that Tracy Benson is Scanfan. Anyone else?

Iowanian
06-07-2005, 11:37 AM
why didn't he answer mah questions?

teedubya
hahha aha.... Roy gets rep. If Scanlon had known that he was "ROYC75" it would have been cooler.

Thig Lyfe
why didn't he answer mah questions?

They were considered sexual harassment.

ROYC75
06-07-2005, 11:49 AM
How many of those questions were from Planet members? Obviously Roy, and speculation that Tracy Benson is Scanfan. Anyone else?

Gee, you guys are on to us..... :rolleyes:

Bob Dole
06-07-2005, 11:52 AM
Bob Dole suspects that <b>all</b> of the questions are from Roy, one of Roy's family members, or one of his many aliases.

jspchief
06-07-2005, 11:53 AM
Gee, you guys are on to us..... :rolleyes:It was an honest question. Others may be poking fun, but I was just wondering if any of those other names were Planet members.

ROYC75
06-07-2005, 12:00 PM
It was an honest question. Others may be poking fun, but I was just wondering if any of those other names were Planet members.

Only 2 that I know of........ not a bad % :D

Demonpenz
06-07-2005, 12:04 PM
do you sometimes wish you had normal size testicles? ray in lenexa

Phobia
06-07-2005, 12:36 PM

Speculation?

jspchief
06-07-2005, 12:39 PM
Speculation?From another thread..at least I thought it was just speculation. Is it confirmed that it's her?

Phobia
06-07-2005, 12:41 PM
Yeah - it's her.

ROYC75
06-07-2005, 12:41 PM
From another thread..at least I thought it was just speculation. Is it confirmed that it's her?

Post # 9 mean anything to ya ? :hmmm: :D

jspchief
06-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Post # 9 mean anything to ya ? :hmmm: :DNot really. But ramblings from crazed Kentuckians rarely do. :)

ROYC75
06-07-2005, 12:53 PM
Not really. But ramblings from crazed Kentuckians rarely do. :)

:hmmm: yur not being very nice.

I'm telling yur mama.............. :D

Bob Dole
06-07-2005, 01:20 PM
Bob Dole is pretty miffed that none of his questions were answered, especially:

Rich,

In what year do you plan to announce your intention to pursue the Libertarian Party nomination for President, or do you intend to run as an Independant candidate?

Iowanian
06-07-2005, 01:27 PM
It answers the Iowani-quest-eeon or else it gets the hose again.(still chucklin about that raush-blast)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=117203

Rich Scanlon.....How long must your cleat spikes be, so that even the slightest of your powerful flatuate doesn't lift you completely off the ground? Roy D Mercer Perinium, Iowania

Dear Iowanian, thanks for Asking such a relevant question. The truth is, I'm safe in house slippers on the field because my scrotum is heavier than a battleship's Anchor.

Mr Scanlon,
There has been alot of Talk in Chiefdom concerning the importance of a powerful leg drive and follow through in tackling. How much does in weigh on your mind, that in bed with a woman, if you use both leg drive and follow through, you could dislocate the uterus of a donkey show retiree?
Roy D Mercer,
Perinium Iowania

Dear mr Iowanian,
Thats a powerful question and its important that civilians know that I put a piece of masking tape around the halfway point of my unit, so as to properly and safely guage Depth, and by only fornicating on a twin size bed or inside the confines of my geo Metro, my leg drive is controled enough so as not to harm any female, brave enough to Climb the Thunder Rocket.

Scanfan55
06-07-2005, 07:33 PM
Yeah, it's me. Surprised he answered it. I was kind of goofing around. But, considering Iowanian's questions, all the others were probably unsuitable for family viewing.

chiefs4me
06-07-2005, 08:08 PM
What is the big deal who asked the questions? Are some of you so unhappy that you bitch about everything.

|Zach|
06-07-2005, 08:09 PM
Are some of you so unhappy that you bitch about everything.
You tell us; you are a member of Chiefs Planet.

chiefs4me
06-07-2005, 08:13 PM
You tell us; you are a member of Chiefs Planet.

I always log on with good intentions. But sometimes it's so damn negative here it brings it out in a person...:)

Iowanian
06-08-2005, 07:30 AM
threadwrecker....please go back to skinning your fish.

Iowanian's questions...and answers were awesome.