PDA

View Full Version : Unplanned day off, what to do...

chagrin
06-07-2005, 01:42 PM
Okay,

So I woke up feeling ill this morning and decided at the last minute not to go to work. The girlfriend goes to work and I have the place to myself, yippie, right? Not exactly. I still feel like crap and can't go swimming. I already saw game 7 last night, watched that live high speed pursuit on FOX news, watched Matlock, and Law and Order, which is still on. So I came here to check out what's going on in the Planet. Yep, still debating those friggin movies, not interested. Orlando is a drag, man. I mean, at least in Detroit, one could go downtown and get hammered and actually have some fun during daylight hours.

I can't sleep anymore and I am tempted to go knock out the 12 pack I've got chilling in the fridge. Damn shame I don't live in the KC area, I could finally meet some of you, maybe get ripped with rain man and gochiefs, LOL! I am not very handy, I don't have any projects to complete or start, basically I am bored to tears.

So what do you do on a day off if you have nothing else to do?

Goapics1
06-07-2005, 01:43 PM
Drink a few beers, that will make you feel better.

Rain Man
06-07-2005, 01:49 PM
I can't sleep anymore and I am tempted to go knock out the 12 pack I've got chilling in the fridge. Damn shame I don't live in the KC area, I could finally meet some of you, maybe get ripped with rain man and gochiefs, LOL!

If only you lived in the KC area, gochiefs and I would be glad to hang out with you.

Take all of the spoons in your kitchen, lick them, and see how long you can keep them stuck to your body. That's what I do when I'm bored.

jspchief
06-07-2005, 01:50 PM
If only you lived in the KC area, gochiefs and I would be glad to hang out with you.

:)

mlyonsd
06-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Matlock?

DeepSouth
06-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Drive to Tampa (about 80 miles west of Orlando). They have all nude bars.

Phobia
06-07-2005, 01:52 PM
Damn shame I don't live in the KC area, I could finally meet some of you, maybe get ripped with rain man and gochiefs, LOL!

You are legitimately a noob. Gochiefs lives in Houston, Rainman in Denver, and Rainman doesn't drink. Heh heh.

You should probably stick spoons to your body. That's what I do when I'm bored.

Iowanian
06-07-2005, 01:52 PM
something tells me you're going to ignore the advice, surely to be issued on this thread and just Get a grip, on your man to hand relationship..and take a nap.

ChiTown
06-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Find a cat. Bury him up to his neck. Get out the Mower. Viola. Instant party....................or so I've read somewhere on CP

chagrin
06-07-2005, 02:14 PM
You are legitimately a noob. Gochiefs lives in Houston, Rainman in Denver, and Rainman doesn't drink. Heh heh.

You should probably stick spoons to your body. That's what I do when I'm bored.

That was kinda my point, I was also going to include ENDelt, living in AZ right now, right?

I know Rain doesn't drink, I wasn't specifically referring to booze. As usual, my attempts to be funny just came out misunderstood. You see, when I was on the air (former radio dude) I could say stupid shit like that and people loved it. But on paper or written, doesn't come out quite the same does it?

Anyway, bring on more ideas, now I'm watching Cops, and yes I did actually watch Matlock...tis a boring day. :rolleyes:

chagrin
06-07-2005, 02:16 PM
I suppose I could strangle my girlfriend when she comes home...NOT!

Fire Me Boy!
06-07-2005, 02:23 PM
I suppose I could strangle my girlfriend when she comes home...NOT!
There's a half-dozen of us that have already done that to your girlfriend today... go easy on her.

chagrin
06-07-2005, 02:24 PM
There's a half-dozen of us that have already done that to your girlfriend today... go easy on her.
ROFL

Fire Me Boy!
06-07-2005, 02:43 PM
I think I killed your thread...

Rain Man
06-07-2005, 02:45 PM
Drive to Tampa (about 80 miles west of Orlando). They have all nude bars.

They should rename it "Heaven."

chagrin
06-07-2005, 02:47 PM
I think I killed your thread...

Nah, I think it was dead as soon as I posted it :)

Fire Me Boy!
06-07-2005, 02:49 PM
Yeah, that good ol' radio humor doesn't go very far on a BB. Last night I was listening to 610 and they were making hand gestures they saw... over the air. Mind you, not describing the hand gestures... actually making them. Boring and VERY entertaining at the same time.

Phobia
06-07-2005, 03:36 PM
That was kinda my point, I was also going to include ENDelt, living in AZ right now, right?

I know Rain doesn't drink, I wasn't specifically referring to booze. As usual, my attempts to be funny just came out misunderstood. You see, when I was on the air (former radio dude) I could say stupid shit like that and people loved it. But on paper or written, doesn't come out quite the same does it?

Anyway, bring on more ideas, now I'm watching Cops, and yes I did actually watch Matlock...tis a boring day. :rolleyes:

Oh - well, I guess I'm the dipshit because I don't get you.... fair enough. There's a few people who don't get my humor - probably. Heh.

Carry on.

Kclee
06-07-2005, 03:40 PM
There's a few people who don't get my humor - probably. Heh.

Carry on.

:shrug: WTF? I don't get it. Jerk.

Jenson71
06-07-2005, 03:42 PM
Start to write a novel. Or come up with an idea for world peace. Or start a non-profit volunteer organization in your city. Or stick spoons all over your body.

Kclee
06-07-2005, 03:45 PM
Take a 6 day bath.

OgTheCaveman
06-07-2005, 03:51 PM
http://www.dmf.unicatt.it/immagini/hunting.gif

Kclee
06-07-2005, 03:52 PM
http://www.dmf.unicatt.it/immagini/hunting.gif
ROFL

chagrin
06-07-2005, 03:53 PM
Oh - well, I guess I'm the dipshit because I don't get you.... fair enough. There's a few people who don't get my humor - probably. Heh.

Carry on.

Yer a dipshit, but that's not why...

chagrin
06-07-2005, 03:54 PM
And now we're getting pounded with Thunderstorms...3rd beer down, and my typing has already taken a hit

Phobia
06-07-2005, 04:06 PM
Yer a dipshit, but that's not why...

Are you suggesting that I'm a dipshit for more reasons than just one? That's preposterous.

chiefs4me
06-07-2005, 04:13 PM
Try doing some laundry, or cleaning the house, or better yet...cook your girlfriend a nice dinner.

chiefs4me
06-07-2005, 04:14 PM

Carry on.

well you are not alone..I didn't get it either.

chagrin
06-07-2005, 04:32 PM
Try doing some laundry, or cleaning the house, or better yet...cook your girlfriend a nice dinner.

Thanks for the assumption that I, as a guy, don't do that on a regular basis. I happen to do all the cooking, most of the cleaning and we swap out laundry every other Sunday. She should try cooking ME a nice dinner once in a while.

I mentioned in the post that there was nothing to do. However it's been a while and I have spent the whole time on this website and listening to music, drinking a few beers. So, it actually has worked out fine :)

Rain Man
06-07-2005, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the assumption that I, as a guy, don't do that on a regular basis. I happen to do all the cooking, most of the cleaning and we swap out laundry every other Sunday. She should try cooking ME a nice dinner once in a while.

I would suggest going out and renting Titanic, but I'm guessing that you already own it.

chagrin
06-07-2005, 04:59 PM
I would suggest going out and renting Titanic, but I'm guessing that you already own it.

Ahem, was I the one that quoted that movie in the "classic scenes" thread? :harumph:

Rain Man
06-07-2005, 05:02 PM
Ahem, was I the one that quoted that movie in the "classic scenes" thread? :harumph:

Yes. Yes, it was you.*

*90% of people won't bother going to check.

chagrin
06-07-2005, 05:05 PM
HAHAHAHA!

Skip Towne
06-07-2005, 06:04 PM
Yes. Yes, it was you.*

*90% of people won't bother going to check.
It's the other 10% that sink you.