PDA

View Full Version : Man Delivers Pizzas After Being Shot

FloridaMan88
06-08-2005, 02:06 PM
Talk about dedication

Man Delivers Pizzas After Being Shot
Victim Says His Leg 'Bled a Little Bit'
AP-NY-06-08-05 1306EDT

TAMPA, Fla. (June 8) - A robbery attempt by a masked man and a gunshot wound to the leg didn't stop a pizza delivery man from making his rounds, pies in hand.

Thomas Stefanelli, 37, said dedication to his job at Hungry Howie's Pizza kept him on the job after a struggle with a robber Saturday night left him bleeding from a bullet wound in his left thigh.

Stefanelli arrived at a home only to realize it was vacant, police said. The masked man approached Stefanelli, pointed a gun and demanded money. Stefanelli said he fought with the man, and two shots were fired. One hit Stefanelli, but he did not immediately notice.

The shooter eventually fled with a second man.

''They figured they were going to make an easy mark by robbing a pizza delivery person,'' said police spokesman Joe Durkin.

Stefanelli finally noticed his wound. His cell phone wasn't working, so he drove to his next delivery address, dropped off the pie and called his boss to ask him to call the police.

Stefanelli went on to make three more deliveries.

''It bled a little bit, not much,'' he said.

He was treated and released from a hospital.

No arrests have been made, but police have identified several suspects, Durkin said.

Saulbadguy
06-08-2005, 02:06 PM
Heh. Hope he got a good tip.

Goapics1
06-08-2005, 02:09 PM
Geezus. I hope those were truly pepperoni's on the pizza and not flesh.

ct
06-08-2005, 02:13 PM
If this guy were conducting house to house searches in Baghdad, I'd call him a bonafide hero. But being a pizza delivery guy, I'm just gonna say what a dumbsh!t!!!

seclark
06-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Geezus. I hope those were truly pepperoni's on the pizza and not flesh.
it's all good...blood's on the box, not the pie. now if he was late, i'd be demanding it no charge.
sec

Goapics1
06-08-2005, 02:14 PM
i'd be demanding it no charge.
sec
Damn straight!

Hammock Parties
06-08-2005, 02:15 PM
Way to go III!

beer bacon
06-08-2005, 02:25 PM
This article has better quotes from the valiant Deliverator:

http://www.pmq.com/cgi-script/csNews/csNews.cgi?database=news.db&command=viewone&id=587&op=t

Shot Pizza Man Finishes Deliveries
06-07-2005 -- TBO.com

TAMPA, Fla. - Thomas L. "Taz" Stefanelli, a pizza delivery driver for Hungry Howie's, was shot in the leg Saturday evening during a confrontation with an armed robber, a report at TBO.com said.

Stefanelli delivered four more pizzas before returning to work and getting in an ambulance. The bullet went through his left hip and came out just below his buttock, the report said.

"The cops found the bullet in my pants pocket,'' Stefanelli said Monday. "It hit my wallet and dropped.''

Stefanelli's first order was to what turned out to be a vacant house. "I heard the hollow sound like nothing was inside,'' he said. "I thought it was just another prank order.''

When he turned around, a teenager was walking toward him pulling a green mask over his face. Then he saw the .32-caliber revolver, the report said.

"I took my right hand and pushed the gun off my face,'' Stefanelli said. "I took my left arm and raised the pizza bag up and pushed him to the ground.''

As Stefanelli and the youth wrestled, the gun went off twice, the report said. Another teenager started walking toward them yelling at the first teen to get up.

"I stood up, put my foot on the kid,'' Stefanelli said and turned around to the kid's friend and said, "What, you want some of this, too?"

The teens ran away from the scene and Stefanelli drove off in his truck. He drove to a police community office that was closed. Then he felt the pain in his leg, the report said. "I looked down and saw the hole in my shorts and the blood,'' he said.

He delivered his next order where he asked to use the phone. He called his boss and told his boss to call the police, but he said it would be a few minutes because he had to finish his deliveries first, the report said.

Joe Durkin, a police spokesman, said Stefanelli is lucky because the bullet did not hit an artery. The youths did not get any money from Stefanelli, the report said. "I don't think the gunman realized he was going to have that kind of fight on his hands,'' Durkin said.

Stefanelli said he is ready to return to work but has a few demands. "I told him I want a raise and I want hazard pay,'' Stefanelli said. "He laughed about the raise but gave me $50 for hazard pay.''

shaneo69
06-08-2005, 02:36 PM
This reminds me of the Seinfeld where Kramer takes control of the bus and keeps making the stops while fighting off a gunman who shot the busdriver. Asked by Jerry why he kept making stops for the passengers on board, his answer was priceless, "Well, they kept ringing the bell!"

beavis
06-08-2005, 02:38 PM
This reminds me of the Seinfeld where Kramer takes control of the bus and keeps making the stops while fighting off a gunman who shot the busdriver. Asked by Jerry why he kept making stops for the passengers on board, his answer was priceless, "Well, they kept ringing the bell!"
"That's right, I am Batman"

chagrin
06-08-2005, 02:43 PM
"Ya kept making all the stops?"

Miles
06-08-2005, 02:52 PM

George: What's desert?

Kramer: Bite-size Three Musketeers. Just like the real Peterman eats.

George: He eats those?

Kramer: No. I eat those. I'm the real Peterman.

George: I think I understand this. Jay Peterman is real. His biography is not. Now, you Kramer are real.

Kramer: Talk to me.

George: But your life is Peterman's. Now the bus tour, which is real, takes to places that, while they are real, they are not real in sense that they did not *really* happen to the *real* Peterman which is you.

Kramer: Understand?

Jerry: Yeah. $37.50 for a Three Musketeers.

Edit-Damn, wrong Kramer on the bus episode.

shaneo69
06-08-2005, 03:09 PM
George: What's desert?

Kramer: Bite-size Three Musketeers. Just like the real Peterman eats.

George: He eats those?

Kramer: No. I eat those. I'm the real Peterman.

George: I think I understand this. Jay Peterman is real. His biography is not. Now, you Kramer are real.

Kramer: Talk to me.

George: But your life is Peterman's. Now the bus tour, which is real, takes to places that, while they are real, they are not real in sense that they did not *really* happen to the *real* Peterman which is you.

Kramer: Understand?

Jerry: Yeah. $37.50 for a Three Musketeers.

Edit-Damn, wrong Kramer on the bus episode.

That's okay, classic Seinfeld dialogue is always appreciated. :thumb:

Calcountry
06-08-2005, 03:14 PM
Geezus. I hope those were truly pepperoni's on the pizza and not flesh.Could I have your sig on top of my Pizza?

Biohazard
06-08-2005, 03:22 PM
You forgot my breadsticks beotch!

Frazod
06-08-2005, 03:22 PM
The guy's 37 and still delivering pizzas. Nice that he's brave, but damn, what a loser.

Also, I'm thinking I wouldn't want the pizza guy dripping blood all over my sidewalk.

Hammock Parties
06-08-2005, 03:31 PM
The guy's 37 and still delivering pizzas. Nice that he's brave, but damn, what a loser.

Also, I'm thinking I wouldn't want the pizza guy dripping blood all over my sidewalk.

Don't be so quick to judge. Maybe he got laid off.

beer bacon
06-08-2005, 03:35 PM
Don't be so quick to judge. Maybe he got laid off.

Maybe he is a crimefighter and delivering pizza's is how he relaxes.

Stinger
06-08-2005, 03:37 PM

ROFL

Kramer: "After he heckled Toby, she got so upset she ran out of the building and a street sweeper ran over her foot and severed her pinky-toe."

George: "That's unbelievable!"

Kramer: "Yeah, then after the ambulance left, I found the toe. So, I put it in a Cracker Jack box, filled it with ice and took off for the hospital."

George: "You ran?"

Kramer: "No, I jumped on the bus. I told the driver, 'I got a toe here buddy. Step on it!'"

George: "Holy cow!"

Kramer: "Yeah yeah, then all of a sudden this guy pulls out a gun. Well, I knew any delay's gonna cost her her pinky-toe, so I got out of the seat and I started walking towards him. He says, 'Where do you think you're going, Cracker Jack?' I says, 'Well, I got a little prize for you, buddy.' Pwaa! Pwaa! Keeyah! Knocked him out cold!"

George: "How could you do that?"

Kramer: "Yeah, then everybody is screaming because the driver, he's passed out because of all the commotion. The bus is out of control! So I grab him by the collar, I take him out of the seat, I get behind the wheel... Now I'm driving the bus!"

George: "You're Batman."

Kramer: "Yeah, I am Batman. Then the mugger, he comes to and he starts choking me. So, I'm fighting him off with one hand and I kept driving the bus with the other. Then I managed to open up the door and I kicked him out the door with my foot at the next stop."

Jerry: "You kept making all the stops?"

Kramer: "Well, people kept ringing the bell!"

George: "What about the toe? What happened to the toe?"

Kramer: "Well, I am happy to say that the little guy is back in place at the end of the line."

George: "You did all this for a pinky-toe?"

Kramer: "Well, it's a valuable appendage."

Rain Man
06-08-2005, 03:41 PM
I'm reading Post #8, and the thought that springs to mind is that 'the winner gets to record history.' I'll bet those two robbers are reading and this and saying, "What? He never pushed me down! He never said, 'You want more of this!"

shaneo69
06-08-2005, 03:49 PM
I'll bet those two robbers are reading this and saying, "What? He never pushed me down! He never said, 'You want more of this!"

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing as I read that. I'm sure this driver will milk his 15 minutes of fame for all it's worth.

Thig Lyfe
06-08-2005, 04:14 PM
One time Rich Scanlon was shot eight times but still managed to deliver a cooler full of hearts to a hospital halfway around the world, and then catch his own assailant.

Rain Man
06-08-2005, 04:27 PM
One time Rich Scanlon was shot eight times but still managed to deliver a cooler full of hearts to a hospital halfway around the world, and then catch his own assailant.

I think I read about that. Didn't he actually have to borrow one of the hearts for a while to pump his own blood?

Thig Lyfe
06-08-2005, 04:28 PM
I think I read about that. Didn't he actually have to borrow one of the hearts for a while to pump his own blood?

That's right... in fact when he caught the assailant he tore out the heart, signed it, and gave it to a sick child.

Coach
06-08-2005, 05:29 PM
Keep f**king doubting the Pizza Boy! :p

KCWolfman
06-08-2005, 05:37 PM
Hungry Howies.... mmmm

Now that was good cheap pizza.

Eleazar
06-08-2005, 06:05 PM
That's right... in fact when he caught the assailant he tore out the heart, signed it, and gave it to a sick child.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

J Diddy
06-09-2005, 12:53 AM

Dude my drivers average anywhere from 10 to 15 dollars an hour. Although most are college students I do occasionally get the older gent who's working part time to make ends meet. Hell I had a guy working for me last year who owned rental houses, had a full time job, and was 50 something.

So don't be an asshole.

Rausch
06-09-2005, 01:22 AM
This is why we don't deliver...

KCWolfman
06-09-2005, 06:03 AM
Wusses

Hammock Parties
06-09-2005, 06:09 AM

You work at a local non-chain place I take it?

Goapics1
06-09-2005, 06:32 AM
Could I have your sig on top of my Pizza?
ROFL