PDA

View Full Version : SHOULD Brian Waters want more money?

Kylo Ren
06-08-2005, 09:49 PM
There's allot of speculation about why BW has not been at OTA's. Most think it's because he wants more money. He denies it. Carl denies it. Vermiel denis it. But the media (Rhonda Moss) have sources that say he's holding out for more money.

OK. My question is not if you think he is or is not holding out for more money.

My question is: SHOULD he want more money? Is he under paid? Has he out performed his contract? What is his contract? What is he getting paid now? How many years are left on his contract? Simply put, does he deserve more money? I'm not asking you to condone holding out. I'm just asking, in general, if he should get a new contract?

Katipan
06-08-2005, 09:52 PM
not to the detriment of the team

Logical
06-08-2005, 10:04 PM
Everybody should want more money. Whether they deserve it is another question. In Brian's case I would say he deserves more money.

cdcox
06-08-2005, 10:11 PM
I'm sure he is under paid in comparison to other top guards in the league.

I'm aslo sure that he will get a big payday when his contract exprires. He deserves it. I hope he will be a Chief after all the dust settles. If the Cheifs are smart they will get him sewn up for 5+ years before he hits the open market. Course right now we "have no money".

jspchief
06-08-2005, 10:25 PM
He signed a long term deal two years ago (possibly seven years). A lot of long term deals are heavily backloaded anyway, so he may be fairly compensated in a year or two. Otherwise, the Chiefs will probably have to get him a new contract soon if he keeps performing at a high level and they want to retain him.

jspchief
06-08-2005, 10:27 PM
I hate to say it, but this is the silver lining of Shields and Roaf retiring in the near future. Especially with Shields, it will free up money to ink our younger guys.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
06-08-2005, 11:39 PM
But the media (Rhonda Moss) have sources that say he's holding out for more money.

Rhonda Moss is an idiot with nothing intelligent to say ever. I have had turds with more brains then her.

htismaqe
06-09-2005, 05:38 AM
Rhonda the Hutt can piss off.

Brian Waters deserves more money, yes.

King_Chief_Fan
06-09-2005, 06:11 AM
aging O line.......he is one of the young stars that will be needed as the older guys get replaced.....redo the contract if necessary