PDA

View Full Version : Richard Seymour Absent from MiniCamp (unexcused)

Amnorix
06-09-2005, 02:24 PM
As I'm sure you're all hoping for a severe fall by the Patriots, I'm sure you'll be pleased to know that All Pro DL Richard Seymour was absent from the Patriots minicamp which started today.

Belichick indicated his absence was unexcused during his press conference.

When asked if it may be related to Seymour's rumored dissatisfaction with his current salary, he said he didn't know, and the reporters would have to ask him that.

Seymour is still in his rookie contract. 2005 will be year 5 of his 6 year deal which runs through 2006. He will reportedly earn somewhere in excess of $3M in salary, but as a 3 time SB champion and 3 time Pro Bowler, rumor is he wants a new deal.

The rumor also is that he wants to be paid at or near the top for a Defensive Linemen.

With 2 years still to go on his contract, the Patriots' incentive for redoing his deal at the present time is small.

Hammock Parties
06-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Here's hoping he gets the Lawyer Milloy treatment and comes to KC.

Goapics1
06-09-2005, 02:25 PM
Here's hoping several other Patriots follow his lead.

jspchief
06-09-2005, 02:28 PM
I'm sure he's just a better family man than the rest of his teammates....

Mile High Mania
06-09-2005, 02:29 PM
Maybe he'll get Rosenhaus on the phone.

Amnorix
06-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Answering the prior posts:

1. not sure who his agent is, now that you metnion it, but it's not Rosenhaus or the Postons, I know that.

2. He won't get "the Milloy treatment" because the Milloy treatment is whacking overpaid "stars" who aren't producing as much as they're making, and who are on the wrong side of 30. Seymour is like 26 years old, and UNDERpaid, which is why he's absent. No chance he gets whacked.

3. A couple other Patriots are definitely and clearly underpaid, but none have made noises about their contracts. Seymour's unhappiness has been known for at least a full year now.

Iowanian
06-09-2005, 02:32 PM
I was just getting ready to ask if he was spending Time with Brian Waters' kids.

Hydrae
06-09-2005, 03:04 PM
But I thought all the Patriots were about the team not the money. :shrug:

the Talking Can
06-09-2005, 04:10 PM
Patriot players play for free, just for the honor of wearing a Patriot uniform.

Everyone knows that.

Skip Towne
06-09-2005, 05:04 PM
Hey, he's got a family to feed!

BigChiefFan
06-09-2005, 06:23 PM

1. not sure who his agent is, now that you metnion it, but it's not Rosenhaus or the Postons, I know that.

2. He won't get "the Milloy treatment" because the Milloy treatment is whacking overpaid "stars" who aren't producing as much as they're making, and who are on the wrong side of 30. Seymour is like 26 years old, and UNDERpaid, which is why he's absent. No chance he gets whacked.

3. A couple other Patriots are definitely and clearly underpaid, but none have made noises about their contracts. Seymour's unhappiness has been known for at least a full year now.
A full year and Seymour still produced? Sounds like the Pats are going to have to pony up more cash.

Mile High Mania
06-09-2005, 06:46 PM
First there's the whole Law issue ... they lose their top coordinators... then they bring in a guy like Terrell. Now, this with Seymour.

THE PATRIOTS ARE IMPLODING

...they'll never recover... 6-10 is what I project, the dynasty is now a die-nasty.

Amnorix
06-09-2005, 08:08 PM
First there's the whole Law issue ... they lose their top coordinators... then they bring in a guy like Terrell. Now, this with Seymour.

THE PATRIOTS ARE IMPLODING

...they'll never recover... 6-10 is what I project, the dynasty is now a die-nasty.

Care to back up those (foolish) words?

Dayze
06-09-2005, 08:12 PM
I"m sure there are 7 other guys behind him in the depth chart to fill in just as well.

that seems to be the MO of the team; and it p*sses me off.
STFU

Amnorix
06-09-2005, 08:16 PM
I"m sure there are 7 other guys behind him in the depth chart to fill in just as well.

that seems to be the MO of the team; and it p*sses me off.
STFU

We beat the Colts and Steelers last year without Seymour.

Without Seymour, our starting lineup would be Ty Warren (1st round pick 3 years ago) at left defensive end, Vince Wilfork (1st round pick 2 years ago) at Nose Guard and Jarvis Green (4th round pick 3 or 4 years ago) at right defensive end.

Green is at least average, and possibly slightly above average, as a 3-4 DE. He's RFA this year, and rumor has it some teams tried to trade for him but the Pats insisted on the 1st round pick he was tendered at.

Behind them are Rodney Bailey, Marquis Hill and the backup NG whose name I'm forgetting.

DL is definitely a very deep area on this team.

tiptap
06-09-2005, 08:18 PM

They made their QB happy so I can see how some other players would expect to be justly compensated. I don't have any notion he is not is shape so I would find some solution. They may have problems at LB and don't need to worry about their DL. It won't make the Patriots weak though all the turmoil probably assures the alternate year let down for NE this year.