PDA

View Full Version : Anybody listening to Petro on WHB?

htismaqe
06-10-2005, 10:37 AM
I missed out on the 1st part of the discussion, but he's basically saying that Brian Waters IS holding out for more money.

On a funny side note, he took a big shot at his peers by mentioning that Keitzman, Boal, and Harry take any chance they can get to bash the Chiefs.

KCTitus
06-10-2005, 10:40 AM
On a funny side note, he took a big shot at his peers by mentioning that Keitzman, Boal, and Harry take any chance they can get to bash the Chiefs.

In other news, the Sun rises in the east...

shaneo69
06-10-2005, 10:45 AM
I missed out on the 1st part of the discussion, but he's basically saying that Brian Waters IS holding out for more money.

Are you sure that was Petro and not Nick "The Contrarian" Athan?

htismaqe
06-10-2005, 10:47 AM
Are you sure that was Petro and not Nick "The Contrarian" Athan?

The voice was definitely Petro's. Strangely enough, the words were those of Rhonda Moss.

Mr. Laz
06-10-2005, 11:56 AM
ya and he takes any chance he can get to lecture everyone else about their opinions.

and no i don't really listen to him anymore ... if i wanna hear that spiel i'll just take titus/nmt1 off iggy.

ROYC75
06-10-2005, 11:59 AM
In other news, the Sun rises in the east...

....and it continues to go down in the west .

htismaqe
06-10-2005, 12:02 PM
ya and he takes any chance he can get to lecture everyone else about their opinions.

and no i don't really listen to him anymore ... if i wanna hear that spiel i'll just take titus/nmt1 off iggy.

One is usually in a position to lecture when they're so often right. It seems to me that only the people that are WRONG get bent out of shape about it. :D

ROYC75
06-10-2005, 12:05 PM
Watters told DV he was not holding out .......is it a smoke screen ? I highly doubt it, you don't do that.If youhold out, you tell them and get the ball a rollin on a possible new contract.

KCTitus
06-10-2005, 12:08 PM

and no i don't really listen to him anymore ... if i wanna hear that spiel I'll just take titus/nmt1 off iggy.

Want any cheese with that whine?

Mr. Laz
06-10-2005, 12:16 PM
One is usually in a position to lecture when they're so often right. It seems to me that only the people that are WRONG get bent out of shape about it. :D

hehe

:moon:

if keitzman has said waters WAS holding out for more money without a signed affidavit ... people would be going nuts and talking about drug rings again.

htismaqe
06-10-2005, 12:34 PM
hehe

:moon:

if keitzman has said waters WAS holding out for more money without a signed affidavit ... people would be going nuts and talking about drug rings again.

It's all about reputation.

Petro has a reputation for being cautious and researched with his opinion.

Keitzman has a reputation for being careless and sensational with his.

You are right, people would be talking about drug rings. But they wouldn't be if he hadn't brought it up in the 1st place.

Mr. Laz
06-10-2005, 12:45 PM
It's all about reputation.

Petro has a reputation for being cautious and researched with his opinion.

Keitzman has a reputation for being careless and sensational with his.

You are right, people would be talking about drug rings. But they wouldn't be if he hadn't brought it up in the 1st place.
true ... but what some people don't want to remember is that Kietzman was correct in alot on his comments about the "drug ring" stuff.

and part of it we probably won't ever know whether he was correct or not because once all the deals started to be made behind the scenes in our legal system, the information dried up.

some people don't like KK, so they remember what they want to remember.

pedro is all about excuses and convenient rationalizations that make him a much more likeable guy in fans eyes because he seems more positive about the team.

what's ironic is that his main arguement to support the team is to tell the fans their stupid.

:shrug: i guess some fans would rather be called stupid than have someone doubt their football team.

beavis
06-10-2005, 12:55 PM

Actually, he didn't say that at all. What he said was Waters IS holding out because he's expected to be there. If he shows up to training camp, that'll be the end of his holdout.

Mr. Laz
06-10-2005, 12:57 PM
Actually, he didn't say that at all. What he said was Waters IS holding out because he's expected to be there. If he shows up to training camp, that'll be the end of his holdout.

weeeeeell ... next thing you know parker will be talking about drug ring conspiracies and stuff. ROFL

KCTitus
06-10-2005, 01:01 PM
weeeeeell ... next thing you know parker will be talking about drug ring conspiracies and stuff. ROFL

Ironically, the only one who's harped on that subject is Laz.

KC Jones
06-10-2005, 02:30 PM
pedro is all about excuses and convenient rationalizations that make him a much more likeable guy in fans eyes because he seems more positive about the team.

Well, that's your opinion.

I see him as being fair handed. He does criticize the Chiefs when the situation warrants it.

After listening to a lot of sports radio, I've come to the careful conclusion that Petro is one of the more informed and intelligent sports analysts I've ever heard or read. He knows his stuff and does his homework. He also has great contacts from around the country and manages to bring on some great guests to shed light on different subjects.

Only thing I didn't like about him was the stump the chumps segment on Fridays.

morphius
06-10-2005, 02:58 PM
:shrug: i guess some fans would rather be called stupid than have someone doubt their football team.

Oh come on, 98% of the people that call in on any of the shows are the same moron's who get their email's answered by Gretz.

htismaqe
06-10-2005, 03:33 PM

I guess it's not relevant that I said I MISSED THE FIRST PART OF THE DISCUSSION.

Maybe I should have banged my fists on the desk and went on about how the information I've heard about Brian Waters will shake the NFL to it's very foundations.

htismaqe
06-10-2005, 03:35 PM
true ... but what some people don't want to remember is that Kietzman was correct in alot on his comments about the "drug ring" stuff.

and part of it we probably won't ever know whether he was correct or not because once all the deals started to be made behind the scenes in our legal system, the information dried up.

some people don't like KK, so they remember what they want to remember.

what's ironic is that his main arguement to support the team is to tell the fans their stupid.

This ain't the chicken and the egg. People don't like KK BECAUSE of what he says, not the other way around.

As for Petro, you should listen. He's been plenty critical of the Chiefs and the Royals. Of course, saying anything good about the front office = moronic, so why bother, right?

Mr. Laz
06-10-2005, 03:48 PM
Well, that's your opinion.

I see him as being fair handed. He does criticize the Chiefs when the situation warrants it.

After listening to a lot of sports radio, I've come to the careful conclusion that Petro is one of the more informed and intelligent sports analysts I've ever heard or read. He knows his stuff and does his homework. He also has great contacts from around the country and manages to bring on some great guests to shed light on different subjects.

Only thing I didn't like about him was the stump the chumps segment on Fridays.
he is a smart sports guy imo

i guess he just does the 1 thing that i don't wanna hear

for example, an issue is talked about concerning the chiefs, he'll do a couple of things

1. disagree, fan(s) don't know what there talking about
1.(a) disagree, fans are stupid and don't know what there talking about
1.(b) Mock fans as being stupid and don't know what there talking about. When he's irritated he doesn't even bother to disagree first.

or

2. agree, Chiefs made a mistake BUT the chiefs have a really tough job ... the fans just don't know how tough the Chiefs job is.

and/or

2(a) agree, Chiefs made a mistake BUT sometimes thing just go wrong and the fans just refuse or aren't smart enough to understand how things just don't go right sometimes ... fans are just being unreasonable.

notice a trend about his responses?

every situation he finds someway to blame the fans(ala Rufus Dawes).

the chiefs are paid millions and millions of dollars by the fans and they and their mouthpieces need to just shut the f*ck up with the excuses and get the job done.

if they want work for minimum wage like the rest of us ... then, maybe we can talk about how tough their job is and how they need us to understand and be support, but until then "nut up and shut the f*ck up"

List for the chiefs

1. admit when you've made a mistake without blaming someone else

2. tell the truth unless it's a strategic thing, then just say "no comment" don't insult the fans intelligence by lying because we'll find out sooner or later.

3. stop trying to manipulate/strong arm the media and fans

4. stop blaming your customers

5. stop taking your customers for granted 1 second and then demand/ask/guilt/cry for support the next.

htismaqe
06-10-2005, 04:00 PM
1. disagree, fan(s) don't know what there talking about
1.(a) disagree, fans are stupid and don't know what there talking about
1.(b) Mock fans as being stupid and don't know what there talking about. When he's irritated he doesn't even bother to disagree first.

Never heard him do this. He wouldn't be wrong in doing it. 90% of the fans ARE stupid. This bulletin board is not a cross-section of "average" Chiefs fans.

2. agree, Chiefs made a mistake BUT the chiefs have a really tough job ... the fans just don't know how tough the Chiefs job is.

He's 100% right. Most fans, if not all fans, have ZERO idea what it takes to run a professional football team. No, that doesn't make the fans wrong in their opinions, it never does. But it's not wrong for him to intimate they are uninformed, because they ARE.

every situation he finds someway to blame the fans(ala Rufus Dawes).

I find it amazing that this is how you sum up Petro. I listen to him for at least 1 hour every day and I've NEVER heard him BLAME the fans. I've heard him explain to fans that do NOTHING but bitch and complain that they don't understand what they're talking about. And he's right.

Sounds to me that you don't like it because he talking about YOU.

Mr. Laz
06-11-2005, 10:57 AM
Never heard him do this. He wouldn't be wrong in doing it. 90% of the fans ARE stupid. This bulletin board is not a cross-section of "average" Chiefs fans.

He's 100% right. Most fans, if not all fans, have ZERO idea. what it takes to run a professional football team. No, that doesn't make the fans wrong in their opinions, it never does. But it's not wrong for him to intimate they are uninformed, because they ARE..

I find it amazing that this is how you sum up Petro. I listen to him for at least 1 hour every day and I've NEVER heard him BLAME the fans. I've heard him explain to fans that do NOTHING but bitch and complain that they don't understand what they're talking about. And he's right.

Sounds to me that you don't like it because he talking about YOU.
and it sounds to me that you like him because he has the same arrogant attitude over that average fan that you do.

btw you say you've never heard him blame the fans right after you say you agree when he says (most)fans have zero idea and are stupid?

sounds like you don't "hear" him blame fans because you agree with his blaming and therefore it doesn't count somehow.

morphius
06-11-2005, 11:01 AM
and it sounds to me that you like him because he has the same arrogant attitude over that average fan that you do.
You really think most those people that call in sound even remotely intelligent? I don't like KK, but he is better to listen to the most any call in on any of the shows.

Mr. Laz
06-11-2005, 11:05 AM
You really think most those people that call in sound even remotely intelligent? I don't like KK, but he is better to listen to the most any call in on any of the shows.
i think that their opinion is just that ... their opinion.

petro's (and clinkscale's) pompous @ss attitude about dealing with fans just irritates the hell outa me.

WilliamTheIrish
06-11-2005, 11:16 AM

Laz, you can't be serious.

He was correct. But we'll never know if he was correct?

stevieray
06-11-2005, 11:39 AM
petro's (and clinkscale's) pompous @ss attitude about dealing with fans just irritates the hell outa me.

no way!

Mr. Laz
06-11-2005, 11:41 AM
Laz, you can't be serious.

He was correct. But we'll never know if he was correct?
that's not what i said

-------------------
Kietzman was correct in alot on his comments

and part of it we probably won't ever know whether he was correct or not.
-------------------

KK said there was drug ring ........ correct

KK said that the drug ring would expand and be mind blowing(or something) ...... we don't know, the feds started making deals to get the big fish and don't know who all the small fish were.

maybe KK overstatement ... he tends to do that. heck, We all tend to do that.

But we don't know how much he overstated. It hardly warrants the neverending smack that some people do.

Mr. Laz
06-11-2005, 11:42 AM
no way!
ROFL ROFL

what surprises me, is the hostile reaction i get FROM FANS when i'm basically defending them.

stevieray
06-11-2005, 11:44 AM
ROFL ROFL

what surprises me, is the hostile reaction i get FROM FANS when i'm basically defending them.

you just can't win, huh?

Mr. Laz
06-11-2005, 11:45 AM
you just can't win, huh?

don't worry about me, i'll survive ;)

:p

keg in kc
06-11-2005, 08:47 PM
I've never gotten a pompous vibe from Petro except during that god awful stump the chumps segment with Pete Enich. He's definitely like that whenever he's on the air with Enich, primarily, I think, because that's how Enich is, and he reveres the guy. Whatever it is, I just can't listen on Friday from 1-2. Other than that, on his shows I've never gotten the impression that he thinks he's somehow above the fans. If anything, I think he shows a lot of respect by going out of his way to provide a lot of information instead of just tossing how his opinion and treating it like its gold, which is what most of the other hosts seem to do. But that's just the way I hear it. Sometimes people just rub you the wrong way, can't argue with that. Clinkscale definitely makes my list in that regard.

Edubs
06-11-2005, 09:03 PM
I've never gotten a pompous vibe from Petro except during that god awful stump the chumps segment with Pete Enich. He's definitely like that whenever he's on the air with Enich, primarily, I think, because that's how Enich is, and he reveres the guy. Whatever it is, I just can't listen on Friday from 1-2. Other than that, on his shows I've never gotten the impression that he thinks he's somehow above the fans. If anything, I think he shows a lot of respect by going out of his way to provide a lot of information instead of just tossing how his opinion and treating it like its gold, which is what most of the other hosts seem to do. But that's just the way I hear it. Sometimes people just rub you the wrong way, can't argue with that. Clinkscale definitely makes my list in that regard.

I hate stump the chumps. I have listed to Petro be a total ass to people for no reason. Normally he is a pretty fair guy but seems to be rude and short with people when Enich is around. Enich is just an ass who only asks questions about stats before 1920.

htismaqe
06-12-2005, 04:39 AM
ROFL ROFL

Come on, Laz. You're not defending anybody. You just happen to be on the same side of the wall, tossing criticism at the Chiefs' front office.

As for my statements, thinking the average fan isn't very bright and BLAMING them for the failures of the team are two ENTIRELY separate and distinct things.