PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tyson quits in the ring!

Bowser
06-11-2005, 09:25 PM
Just saw it on Sportscenter. Kevin McBride wins by TKO after the sixth round as Tyson gives up while in his corner! Unbelievable. What a waste of a legacy.........

Deberg_1990
06-11-2005, 09:26 PM
Lord, I hope you didnt waste $50 bucks on this piece of trash, formally known as Mike Tyson?

keg in kc
06-11-2005, 09:27 PM
Great job mike. Talk all that trash in the press conference and then quit. Awesome.

beavis
06-11-2005, 09:28 PM
Sounds like Mike was just trying to pay the bills with this one.

Stinger
06-11-2005, 09:29 PM
Great job mike. Talk all that trash in the press conference and then quit. Awesome.

What was his pay out something like $5.5 million? :shake:

Why people still watch him is beyond me.

keg in kc
06-11-2005, 09:30 PM
Everybody who bought the PPV ought to form a group and sue.

Bowser
06-11-2005, 09:31 PM
Lord, I hope you didnt waste $50 bucks on this piece of trash, formally known as Mike Tyson?

Hell no! I just caught it on SC. I would just as soon give fifty bucks to a vagrant, then rip my fingernails out one by one with a pair of needlenose.

jspchief
06-11-2005, 09:31 PM
I can't believe there are enough suckers in this world willing to waste enough money to make his fights profitable.

He could have been the greatest heavyweight of all time. Too bad he didn't have the character to go with the athletic ability.

Bowser
06-11-2005, 09:32 PM
What was his pay out something like $5.5 million? :shake:

Why people still watch him is beyond me.

Yeah, and McBride got like 130k.

teedubya
06-11-2005, 09:32 PM
man. what a waste. this dude could have been the greatest of all time... should have kept Kevin Rooney as his trainer. What a **** up.

Bowser
06-11-2005, 10:02 PM
Mike is babbling about something now on ESPN. I can't even listen to him.

FloridaMan88
06-11-2005, 10:12 PM
Whats the point in paying $50 to see the fight when the best part is the Tyson press conference afterwards

ROFL this is great

whoman69
06-11-2005, 10:16 PM
He only makes his watchability climb when he does strange crap like this. Its like watching a car wreck. You wonder what will happen next. Glad I don't have the $50 to watch.

jspchief
06-11-2005, 10:19 PM
He only makes his watchability climb when he does strange crap like this. Its like watching a car wreck. You wonder what will happen next. Glad I don't have the $50 to watch.Difference being, he used to draw boxing fans, whether casual or avid.

Now he draws the the same people that tune in Jerry Springer and watch pro wrestling.

Skip Towne
06-11-2005, 10:20 PM
Somebody asked on here the other day how Tyson would have fared against Ali. I didn't reply but thought probably about like he did against Frazier. I have changed my opinion. Tyson wouldn't have lasted three rounds against Ali if both were in their prime. Ali would have prediced the round and made up a poem about it.

jspchief
06-11-2005, 10:23 PM
Somebody asked on here the other day how Tyson would have fared against Ali. I didn't reply but thought probably about like he did against Frazier. I have changed my opinion. Tyson wouldn't have lasted three rounds against Ali if both were in their prime. Ali would have prediced the round and made up a poem about it.Not sure I agree.

Tyson in his prime would have beat Ali at his best. Ali was never known for good defense, and Tyson's left hook was as devastating a punch as pro boxing has ever seen. I think Tyson would have jacked Ali up. If Ali could get past the first 5 rounds or so, then I'd give it to him.

Pitt Gorilla
06-11-2005, 10:32 PM
Everybody who bought the PPV ought to form a group and sue.Absolutely not. If you're dumb enough to pay the money, you got what you deserve.

Skip Towne
06-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Not sure I agree.

Tyson in his prime would have beat Ali at his best. Ali was never known for good defense, and Tyson's left hook was as devastating a punch as pro boxing has ever seen. I think Tyson would have jacked Ali up. If Ali could get past the first 5 rounds or so, then I'd give it to him.
It's obvious you never saw Ali at his best. Tyson would have never gotten to use that hook. And Tyson wasn't nearly as tough as Frazier. Go rent a tape of the "Thrilla in Manila" and then tell me Tyson could last 15 rounds in that heat in the jungle. Joe Frazier is the toughest MF I've ever seen and he kept on coming while Ali pounded him round after round. Tyson would go down early under the firepower of a young Ali.

mlyonsd
06-11-2005, 10:36 PM
Absolutely not. If you're dumb enough to pay the money, you got what you deserve.

Speaking of NFL Ticket.

mlyonsd
06-11-2005, 10:37 PM
It's obvious you never saw Ali at his best. Tyson would have never gotten to use that hook. And Tyson wasn't nearly as tough as Frazier. Go rent a tape of the "Thrilla in Manila" and then tell me Tyson could last 15 rounds in that heat in the jungle. Joe Frazier is the toughest MF I've ever seen and he kept on coming while Ali pounded him round after round. Tyson would go down early under the firepower of a young Ali.

Agh, the good old days when I paid attention to boxing.

Freekofnature
06-11-2005, 10:40 PM
Boxing has been going downhill for a while now.

MMA is steadily rising.

Phobia
06-11-2005, 10:40 PM
The fact that Tyson can continue to collect millions for fights a decade past his prime is proof enough that something is seriously flawed in our society. I stopped watching boxing after the Peter McNeilly/Tyson slaughter. What a joke that "sport" has become. Somebody please ring a bell when Don King dies or is incarcerated. I might consider watching another fight then.

Freekofnature
06-11-2005, 10:41 PM
The fact that Tyson can continue to collect millions for fights a decade past his prime is proof enough that something is seriously flawed in our society. I stopped watching boxing after the Peter McNeilly/Tyson slaughter. What a joke that "sport" has become. Somebody please ring a bell when Don King dies or is incarcerated. I might consider watching another fight then.
Try MMA.

Skip Towne
06-11-2005, 10:47 PM
Agh, the good old days when I paid attention to boxing.
Yeah, really. I saw both Tyson and Frazier in their prime and I'll take Frazier every time. Frazier had a concrete head even Ali couldn't penetrate while hitting him 50 times per round. Tyson was/is a loser who is a punk and starts biting and cheating when he can't knock the opponent out right quick. Either Ali or Frazier and probably Foreman would have killed Tyson. Tyson is a quitter. Can you imagine Buster Douglas whipping Foreman, Frazier or Ali? I damn sure can't.

kcxiv
06-11-2005, 10:48 PM
Boxing has been going downhill for a while now.

MMA is steadily rising.
Heavy weight boxing has been downhill for a while. The smaller guys are still something amazing to watch.

Tyson in his prime and ali in his prime would be a pick em i say. WE will never ever know. We can just speculate. I think it would have been a good one.

mlyonsd
06-11-2005, 10:57 PM
Yeah, really. I saw both Tyson and Frazier in their prime and I'll take Frazier every time. Frazier had a concrete head even Ali couldn't penetrate while hitting him 50 times per round. Tyson was/is a loser who is a punk and starts biting and cheating when he can't knock the opponent out right quick. Either Ali or Frazier and probably Foreman would have killed Tyson. Tyson is a quitter. Can you imagine Buster Douglas whipping Foreman, Frazier or Ali? I damn sure can't.

Yup. I agree with your take. I still remember staying up late with my dad and listening to the Thrilla in Manilla on the radio.

While I admit there were probably just as great matches before my time, Ali/Frazier IMO were the greatest fights in my time.

You should watch Cinderalla Man. There's history in that moving regarding boxing I didn't know.

Skip Towne
06-11-2005, 11:01 PM
Heavy weight boxing has been downhill for a while. The smaller guys are still something amazing to watch.

Tyson in his prime and ali in his prime would be a pick em i say. WE will never ever know. We can just speculate. I think it would have been a good one.
So you think Tyson could beat Frazier? I don't. I don't think Tyson could hurt Frazier. Nobody else could. And Tyson is a known pussy if he starts losing. Starts biting and such and gets knocked out by nobodies. Nope, Ali, Frazier and Foreman would all put Tyson down early. Who did Tyson ever beat?

mikey23545
06-11-2005, 11:07 PM
Tyson in his prime would have beaten and possibly crippled both Frazier and Ali, especially Ali...He would have been drooling decades earlier than he was...

Fairplay
06-11-2005, 11:15 PM
Tyson in his prime would have beaten and possibly crippled both Frazier and Ali, especially Ali...He would have been drooling decades earlier than he was...

I question that statement. Im not sure how it would have went. But either Frazier or Ali could have certainly gave him a run for his money. And niether would be pushovers for him.

jspchief
06-11-2005, 11:21 PM
So you think Tyson could beat Frazier? I don't. I don't think Tyson could hurt Frazier. Nobody else could. And Tyson is a known pussy if he starts losing. Starts biting and such and gets knocked out by nobodies. Nope, Ali, Frazier and Foreman would all put Tyson down early. Who did Tyson ever beat?No offense Skip, but you sound like you never saw Tyson fight in his prime. There's more to him than ear biting.

Tyson fought every quality up and comer in the division from 85-89, including a lot of unbeaten fighters. He knocked out 31-0 Michael Spinks in 1:30 of the first round. He knocked out Larry Holmes, whose only two previous losses had come from Spinks. He wasn't fighting cupcakes and meatballs, he was taking on every challenger that was worthy. Guys like Mitch Green and Trevor Berbick were quality opponents.

I'm not saying he could last 15 rounds in Manilla. I'm saying he wouldn't have let it get that far. Ali and Frazier never faced a guy that hit as hard as Tyson did.

Skip Towne
06-11-2005, 11:22 PM
You're quite young, aren't you? Tyson couldn't hurt Frazier and was way too slow to even hit Ali. Tyson wouldn't have gotten nearly as far as he did if there was competition like there was with those studs. Tyson is a fraud.

jspchief
06-11-2005, 11:25 PM
You're quite young, aren't you? Tyson couldn't hurt Frazier and was way too slow to even hit Ali. Tyson wouldn't have gotten nearly as far as he did if there was competition like there was with those studs. Tyson is a fraud.You don't know what the f*ck you're talking about. Too slow? You just lost any credibility in this discussion.

Fairplay
06-11-2005, 11:29 PM
Ali was great at avoiding punchs, moveing around, outlasting his opponant. Like i said. Im not sure how it would have gone. But i would have given the edge to the smarter fighter Ali.

Ultra Peanut
06-11-2005, 11:30 PM
Everybody who bought the PPV <strike>ought to form a group and sue.</strike> deserved what they got.fyp

Skip Towne
06-11-2005, 11:30 PM
You don't know what the f*ck you're talking about. Too slow? You just lost any credibility in this discussion.
I had credibility three years before you got on this board dipshit. You need to review some Ali tapes before you open your ill informed mouth.

Freekofnature
06-11-2005, 11:35 PM
Foreman, Ali, and Frazier would have beaten Tyson.

Tyson is the most overrated and hyped boxer ever.

RNR
06-11-2005, 11:38 PM
Nobody seems to be able to look away from the train wreck. I have all but quit watching the sport. I used to follow it and boxed when I was younger, it makes me sick to see what the sport has become. The sport has alway been dirty but is now worse the the WWF.

The last fight I watched and got into was Tyson vs Lewis. Lewis was a joke as a champ, but at least he is a family guy who seems ok. I went to a bar and 90% of the people there were rooting for Tyson. I was shocked and pissed!

A strange thing happened, when the fight started Tyson came on strong and they were cheering. I looked at my buddy and said this may get ugly but I don't give a fu**. At the end of the round I stood up and said I wil bet anyone in here 20 bucks that this women beating rapist does not end the fight on his feet.

I thought there would be some takers or some who may be offended about what I said about their hero. Nobody spoke up, at the end of every round I would stand up and say "it don't look so good for the women beating rapist". By the end of the fight the crowd had switched! most everyone was cheering for Lewis, the rest were very quiet.

Skip Towne
06-11-2005, 11:41 PM

Exactly. There were no heavyweights when Tyson came up. Just tomato cans. He wouldn't have lasted long with the good ones. Hell, he had to bite Holyfield to stay in it. Pussy.

Freekofnature
06-11-2005, 11:44 PM
Exactly. There were no heavyweights when Tyson came up. Just tomato cans. He wouldn't have lasted long with the good ones. Hell, he had to bite Holyfield to stay in it. Pussy.
Remember Buster Douglas?

jspchief
06-11-2005, 11:44 PM
I had credibility three years before you got on this board dipshit. You need to review some Ali tapes before you open your ill informed mouth.Oh, I guess posting on a Chiefs board makes you an expert on Boxing.

I'd suggest you watch Tyson between '87 and '90 when he defended his title 11 times. Or between '85 and and '87 where 90% of his fights didn't get past the first or second round.

I'm not saying Tyson would win easily, but you act like Buster Douglas was his first fight or something. You want to talk about Tyson fighting no one, but Ali fought a lot of schlubs in his career, and he padded his stats by fighting the same bums over and over again.

Saying Tyson was slow and that he was a fraud makes me think you don't know sh*t about him.

I'll agree that he's been a piece of sh*t ever since he lost to Douglas, but that's because he lacks heart and character, not because he wasn't ever a good boxer.

Skip Towne
06-11-2005, 11:47 PM

jspchief
06-11-2005, 11:48 PM
Exactly. There were no heavyweights when Tyson came up. Just tomato cans. He wouldn't have lasted long with the good ones. Hell, he had to bite Holyfield to stay in it. Pussy.Read post #38. He didn't just fight tomato cans..

The Douglas fight was the end of his prime. Holyfield, Lewis, etc were way past his prime.

I guess Ali sucked because he lost to a "tomato can" like Trevor Berbick or Leon Spinks.

Freekofnature
06-11-2005, 11:50 PM
Wow..... I missed this earlier.

kcxiv
06-11-2005, 11:51 PM
So you think Tyson could beat Frazier? I don't. I don't think Tyson could hurt Frazier. Nobody else could. And Tyson is a known pussy if he starts losing. Starts biting and such and gets knocked out by nobodies. Nope, Ali, Frazier and Foreman would all put Tyson down early. Who did Tyson ever beat?
i am talking when he was in his prime, before he even went to jail. He was pretty legit fighter back then. Tyson went into some freaking wars with Razor Ruddick. THem 2 fights they had were GREAT fights. I dont know if Tyson could have beat Frazier or Ali. What i do know, is they would have been great to watch. Tyson or Frazier had 1 punch knock out power. Tyson was Blazing fast and powerful as hell in his early to mid 20's. I honestly dont know who would have won. I am not going to sit here n say someone would have won, when they were both in 2 different era's. Just no way to predict it, its like saying who was better the 88 lakers or the 97 bulls, there is just no way to tell.

Freekofnature
06-11-2005, 11:52 PM
If you want talk about a crippling punch, Foreman hit like a monster truck.

jspchief
06-11-2005, 11:54 PM
Just no way to predict it, its like saying who was better the 88 lakers or the 97 bulls, there is just no way to tell.

Don't start that debate. Skip will start telling us the '97 Bulls were frauds.

Skip Towne
06-11-2005, 11:55 PM
Oh, I guess posting on a Chiefs board makes you an expert on Boxing.

I'd suggest you watch Tyson between '87 and '90 when he defended his title 11 times. Or between '85 and and '87 where 90% of his fights didn't get past the first or second round.

I'm not saying Tyson would win easily, but you act like Buster Douglas was his first fight or something. You want to talk about Tyson fighting no one, but Ali fought a lot of schlubs in his career, and he padded his stats by fighting the same bums over and over again.

Saying Tyson was slow and that he was a fraud makes me think you don't know sh*t about him.

I'll agree that he's been a piece of sh*t ever since he lost to Douglas, but that's because he lacks heart and character, not because he wasn't ever a good boxer.
Hey, you ignorant dipshit, I've seen all of them. You couldn't be more full of shit. Tyson couldn't box on his best day. He was just a brawler who could only beat those with no defense. You don't know shit about boxing . You should keep your big ignorant mouth shut.

jspchief
06-12-2005, 12:00 AM
Hey, you ignorant dipshit, I've seen all of them. You couldn't be more full of shit. Tyson couldn't box on his best day. He was just a brawler who could only beat those with no defense. You don't know shit about boxing . You should keep your big ignorant mouth shut.F*ck you, you old turd. It's clear the senility has set in.

There's isn't a single knowledgeable boxing fan in the world that would say that Tyson was a fraud in his prime.

RNR
06-12-2005, 12:06 AM
No offense Skip, but you sound like you never saw Tyson fight in his prime. There's more to him than ear biting.

Tyson fought every quality up and comer in the division from 85-89, including a lot of unbeaten fighters. He knocked out 31-0 Michael Spinks in 1:30 of the first round. He knocked out Larry Holmes, whose only two previous losses had come from Spinks. He wasn't fighting cupcakes and meatballs, he was taking on every challenger that was worthy. Guys like Mitch Green and Trevor Berbick were quality opponents.

I'm not saying he could last 15 rounds in Manilla. I'm saying he wouldn't have let it get that far. Ali and Frazier never faced a guy that hit as hard as Tyson did.
Mitch Green ROFL Mike Spinks is one of the the best "light heavyweights" ever, but not in the top 40 heavyweights. Holmes was past his prime. Trevor Berbick :rolleyes: Never faced a fighter that hit that hard ROFL George Forman, Ernie Shavers, Rob Lyle, Ken Norton, George Chauvolo jump to mind. The list of fighters that were fighting in Ali's day is too long to list, but 80% of them would hold a title today.

Skip Towne
06-12-2005, 12:07 AM
F*ck you, you old turd. It's clear the senility has set in.

There's isn't a single knowledgeable boxing fan in the world that would say that Tyson was a fraud in his prime.
Hey you ignorant f*cking n00b, Tyson never fought anybody. Name one. My three would kill him but you are probably too stupid to realize it. You are probably also too stupid to realize I came along and saved your ignorant ass from when you showed your ass to the cable company. Yeah, you were really sorry for losing your temper but I never lost sight of the fact you are just an ignorant dumbass, I don't think that can be cured. You will always be an ignorant dumbass.

Skip Towne
06-12-2005, 12:11 AM
Don't start that debate. Skip will start telling us the '97 Bulls were frauds.
I don't follow pro basketball but I also don't consider you any match for me when discussing most any other sport. I am older and wiser than you and I'm not piss ignorant like you. Let's rock, dipshit.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
06-12-2005, 12:13 AM
Tyson in his prime would not be too slow for ali...... but anyway, I am glad that I decided not to go down to the local Buffalo Wild Wings to watch this one. Instead I got to watch two quality matches between top-ranked Lightweights and Junior Welterweights on HBO. The quality of lightweights and middleweights in boxing right now is the only thing that has kept me interested in this sport. I don't know how these heavyweight bouts are still making money. Tyson was the last exciting heavyweight out there, and he has been washed up for years now. Vitali Klitcschko and the rest of the top heavyweight contenders are so incredibly boring. I tried to watch the Ruiz-Toney match a couple of weeks ago, but I just couldn't get through it. The heavyweight division is dead IMO

Skip Towne
06-12-2005, 12:28 AM
I'll respect your view that Tyson is fast enough for Ali but I certainly do not agree. Ali was quicker than most middleweights. He toyed with all but the very best heavyweights, and there were quite a few of them at the time. Tyson would be middle of that pack as he wasn't at all fast. Ali would have destroyed Tyson. Ali was robbed of his best years by the gubment but still managed to beat the best fighters of the day. Frazier or Foreman were both better than Tyson. Tyson couldn't take getting hit. He only won when he could do all the hitting. He was a puss and still is.

KCJake
06-12-2005, 12:37 AM
I was a Mike Tyson fan 15 years ago when he was great. To this day I am still a Tyson fan. Nobody has the right to talk sh!t about him. Do you guys know the life this guy has lived? He's not asking anything from you. If you don't like him STFU and don't pay the $50. Damn

After the 4th or 5th round of tonight's fight, Mike knew he couldn't win. Period. This guy has absolutely no defense. Im talking worse than last years KC Chiefs. What was he supposed to do? Stand there and take a beating? He has done just that 3 out of his last 4 fights.

He is a tired 39 year old man. The guy DOESN'T'T WANT TO FIGHT ANYMORE!!!!!. He said after the fight, he hasn't wanted to fight since 1990. He's in debt. That's why he continues. Can you blame to guy for wanting to make a living?

After the fight tonight, Tyson apologized 4 or 5 times. He said im sorry to the people. I wish there was away I could give their money back. He retired. He's done. Let him go chill and smoke. Damn

tk13
06-12-2005, 12:43 AM
He was a puss and still is.

I personally think Ali probably would've found a way to outsmart Tyson, but calling him a puss? I'd put money that you wouldn't step into a ring and take a few blows to the face from the guy.... :)

Rausch
06-12-2005, 12:52 AM
Tyson quit when Lewis stole his lunch and ate his ****ing kids...

Wallcrawler
06-12-2005, 12:54 AM
Hey you ignorant f*cking n00b, Tyson never fought anybody. Name one.

See post #38.

My three would kill him but you are probably too stupid to realize it.

Your point of view, and pure speculation. Simply disagreeing with your speculation doesnt make anyone stupid, or ignorant. It makes them different, thats it.

You are probably also too stupid to realize I came along and saved your ignorant ass from when you showed your ass to the cable company.

What does this have to do with the topic at hand?

Yeah, you were really sorry for losing your temper but I never lost sight of the fact you are just an ignorant dumbass, I don't think that can be cured. You will always be an ignorant dumbass.

If the simple act of disagreeing with one of your speculated outcomes of what would happen between Tyson in his prime, and any of the three you mentioned makes someone ignorant, thats news to me.

You have no way of proving that EITHER fighter would win. Noone does. If you think that you just know who would win despite that fact, then it could be you that happens to be the ignorant one.

Either way, namecalling isnt going to do anyone any good. Its a simple discussion.

Tyson in his prime was a badass. I dont really like the guy, but I dont let my dislike for him cloud my judgement of how good he was. Tyson was dropping fighters like bad habits in the first round.

Would he, or could he beat Ali, Frazier, Foreman? Who knows? There is no way to find out.

You can say whatever you like about the fantasy matchups, but its still a matter of speculation driven by your own opinion. If you expect everyone to share the exact same opinion as you have, then you need to wake up.

Tyson in his prime, before he went to jail, was not a fraud. He was the best in the business, and he let his personal issues destroy himself and his career.

Rausch
06-12-2005, 12:54 AM
I personally think Ali probably would've found a way to outsmart Tyson, but calling him a puss? I'd put money that you wouldn't step into a ring and take a few blows to the face from the guy.... :)

Ali would have ****ed Tyson up. Tyson NEVER hit as hard as Foreman in his prime. Foreman was an absolute monster, in his prime, and an old and beaten Ali still found a way to win.

Tyson didn't even have the brains to ever learn how to box...

Rausch
06-12-2005, 01:00 AM
Oh, I guess posting on a Chiefs board makes you an expert on Boxing.

You are on crack.

Liston would send Tyson home with a fat lip.

Floyd Patterson was very similar to Roy Jones Jr.

Joe Frazier should be remembered as one of the 5 best fighters of all time.

George Foreman was the hardest hitting boxer ever. His punch power was almost superhuman. He beat Frazier like Joe invented slavery. It was brutal.

Frazier and Ali didn't have fights, they had wars.

You tell me the last time two heavyweights fought for the title and BOTH went to the hospital...

Sure-Oz
06-12-2005, 01:40 AM
HE QUIT???? LMFAO

Rausch
06-12-2005, 01:41 AM
HE QUIT???? LMFAO

Well, yeah....that's what puzzies do when tribal tats and tough talk don't win a fight before it happens.

kcxiv
06-12-2005, 02:46 AM
Well, yeah....that's what puzzies do when tribal tats and tough talk don't win a fight before it happens.
And your a big mighty tough guy thats never quit at anything? I bet you wouldnt even tell him he is a pussy in his face. lol Then ya will know who the real one is.

I am done on this topic. Have a good rest of your life tyson.

I am out.

keg in kc
06-12-2005, 03:02 AM
And your a big mighty tough guy thats never quit at anything? I bet you wouldnt even tell him he is a pussy in his face. lol Then ya will know who the real one is.Boy, he sure told you Brad. You're just not an internet toughguy of his calibre and high standard. He's a real man, man enough to tell you from behind his anonymous handle that you're not man enough to tell Tyson he's a pussy.

And "I am out". Really. Genious. I am in awe.

tk13
06-12-2005, 03:20 AM
And "I am out".

Shouldn't this be attached to Psicosis' coming out thread?

:D

Ooooh yes, I am tough enough to make these lame jokes behind my anonymous internet handle.

Ultra Peanut
06-12-2005, 03:23 AM
Ooooh yes, I am tough enough to make these lame jokes behind my anonymous internet handle.Yeah? Well...

keg in kc
06-12-2005, 03:27 AM
Don't eff with me, beeyatches.

DaneMcCloud
06-12-2005, 03:39 AM
JsChief,

You should really study Heavyweight boxing history before making such incrediblly foolish comments. Tyson NEVER fought anyone. Once he finally fought a true contender under the age of 30, he got BEAT, not only by Buster Douglas, but by Holyfield and a bunch of Tomato Cans that would have never lasted two minutes with the likes of Ali, Frazier, Lyle, Shavers and Foreman. Not only would Tyson have been beaten by those above, but also Ken Norton, Larry Holmes (in his prime), not to mention Joe Louis, Floyd Patterson, Sonny Listen, Rocky Marciano and so on. He's an overhyped CHUMP!

I don't feel sorry for Tyson and his F**d up life. He's made over $400 million dollars, yet he's broke. He's broke financially and broke as a human. I have NO sympathy for him.

If you want a Heavyweight to cheer for, go research Joe Louis, who in the middle of his 12 year reign as champion, joined the US Army. Or James Braddock, who joined the Army as well. Or Ezzard Charles, who endured racism as its highest extreme. Or Jersey Joe Walcott, who finally, at age 37, won the Heavyweight championship. Or Archie Moore, who after winning the Middleweight title, won the Light Heavy title and fought Rocky Marciano in '56 for the vacated title.

Just don't worship a freakin' loser, has-been, never-was like Tyson.

Dane
~Knows the story behind EVERY Heavyweight Champ, Back to John L. Sullivan

Earthling
06-12-2005, 05:06 AM
I wish Larry Holmes would have had some better opponents. He was pretty much done before he fought Tyson but he couldn't hardly get anyone of caliber to fight him when he was champ.

Son of Logical
06-12-2005, 05:22 AM
I don't know for sure who would win between Ali, Foreman, Frazier v.s. Tyson. I don't know if you guys remember or not but boxing analysts used to discuss Tyson as one of the bests when he was in his prime. In all I think Ali in his prime could beat anyone. His speed was unreal and he was to damn smart. But all this talk about Frazier and Foreman, come on. Both of those guys had very little defense. They both wanted to stand in there and trade punches. That was Tysons fortey. To say that Tyson was slow is just uninformed. He wasn't a dancer, but his hand speed was unreal. To say Foreman was stronger than Tyson is a pretty hard thing to prove. That is kind of like saying Jim Brown is stronger than Jamal Lewis. They were from different eras, I would say Tyson benefits from modern training so they might of been equal in strength. Truthfully in my opinion Foreman and Tyson's fighting style is almost the same. Both were known for being all offense, and both had a stigma of if you get them in later rounds you could out wind them. I don't like Tyson at all, but in his prime I think he could take Foreman and Frazier, but Ali in his prime could beat anyone.

Loki
06-12-2005, 07:07 AM
Tyson quit when Lewis stole his lunch and ate his ****ing kids...

and "stomped on their testicles..."

tyson was a friggin LOON...

buff18
06-12-2005, 07:30 AM
Cus Damato and Kevin Rooney's Mike Tyson was amazing, devastating, and powerful. He threw amazing 6 punch combos, worked the body like no one else before. Moved, bobbing and weaving, his defense was great. He even had a great chin. He was the baddest man on the planet. He was unbeatable. He was 34-0.

Tyson after Rooney was a headhunter, he still had power and speed. He still had a high workrate, and could beat you with an accumulation of punches. Though he was getting hit, his defense was gone. He no longer moved his head. He was always coming right at you, standing right in front of you. He wasnt a moving target anymore. He no longer went to the body. He threw wild punches, and didnt pace himself. The first fight without Rooney in his corner, Tyson beat Frank Bruno as he defended his title in 1989. Tyson was hit more in the fight, then any of his fights before.

Buster Douglas would fight him, and upset him 2 fights after this. On that night Tyson took the beating of his life. In fact, I dont know if I have ever seen a man take a worst beating for 10 rounds. Tyson knocked Douglas down in the 8th. Douglas is up right after the ref says 9. The rest is history. Though on that night Douglas was amazing.

Douglas looked like Ali that night, he danced, he used an amazing jab, threw combos. He was fast, he was quick. He was never as great as he was that night.

The story should have ended there for Mike. He didnt love to box, because he had lost all those around him that made him love boxing.

Would Tyson have beat Ali? It doesnt really matter, but if you have to ask. What Tyson shows up? The 1988 version? What Ali shows up? I have no clue as to what would happen. Different era. Frazier was no Tyson. Tyson at his best would have destoyed Frazier much like Foreman did. Frazier was actually a poor man's Tyson. He had less power, less speed and he also lacked the defense of Rooney's Tyson.

Tyson vs Ali though will never happen. Im not gonna sit here and say I believe Ali would have beat Tyson at his best, because I dont think any man could have. Though I could say the same for Ali. So just give it a rest.

You guys put Tyson in this mythical matchup against the GOAT. Though you didnt think Tyson was great? Tyson WAS great, unbeatable, at one time.

Oh and by the way. Im sick of hearing about George Foreman. He wasnt that great. He is by far one of the most overrated boxers ever. After fighting one of the stupidest fights a fighter could ever fight against Ali, and because of it he was too tired to get up for being knocked down he admitted years later. He gets beat by Jimmy Young. A guy who had a 34-19 career record. He got knocked down. He retired. He would come back 10 years later and start his knockout of the bum of the month club. Seriously the guy would fight absolute bums for years. The guy lost to Tommy Morrison for god sakes. He got lucky against Moorer who was absolute killing him. He did expose Moorer though for a guy that had no chin. Ill give him that. Though Moorer was the only good fighter he beat during his comeback. Maybe Alex Schulz. Who Foreman refused to give a rematch because it was such a close fight.

Foreman was a big guy, with a good strong jab. He had good power. Though his power and Tyson's power was different. Tyson had short compact punches, he could he you with 5 before Foreman could hit you with 2. One punch power is overrated. Its combination speed and power that counts in boxing.

B_Ambuehl
06-12-2005, 08:28 AM
Here's Tysons pro record before he went to prison:

Mar. 6 -- Hector Mercedes, Albany, N.Y., TKO 1
Apr. 10 -- Trent Singleton, Albany, N.Y., TKO 1
May 23 -- Don Halpern, Albany, N.Y., KO 4
June 20 -- Rick Spain, Atlantic City, N.J., KO 1
July 11 -- John Alderson, Atlantic City, N.J., TKO 2
July 19 -- Larry Sims, Poughkeepsie, N.Y., KO 3
Aug. 15 -- Lorenzo Canady, Atlantic City, N.J., TKO 1
Sept. 5 -- Michael Johnson, Atlantic City, N.J., KO 1
Oct. 9 -- Donnie Long, Atlantic City, N.J., KO 1
Oct. 25 -- Robert Colay, Atlantic City, N.J., KO 1
Nov. 1 -- Sterling Benjamin, Latham, N.Y., TKO 1
Nov. 13 -- Eddie Richardson, Houston, KO 1
Nov. 22 -- Conroy Nelson, Latham, N.Y., KO 2
Dec. 6 -- Sammy Scaff, New York, KO 1
Dec. 27 -- Mark Young, Latham, N.Y., KO 1

Jan. 10 -- Dave Jaco, Albany, N.Y., TKO 1
Jan. 24 -- Mike Jamison, Atlantic City, N.J., TKO 5
Feb. 16 -- Jesse Ferguson, Troy, N.Y., W DSQ 6
Mar. 10 -- Steve Zouski, Uniondale, N.Y., KO 3
May 3 -- James Tillis, Glen Falls, N.Y., W 10
May 20 -- Mitch Green, New York, W 10
June 13 -- Reggie Gross, New York, TKO 1
June 28 -- William Hosea, Troy, N.Y., KO 1
July 11 -- Lorenzo Boyd, Swan Lake, N.Y., KO 2
July 26 -- Marvis Frazier, Glen Falls, N.Y., KO 1
Aug. 17 -- Jose Ribalta, Atlantic City, N.J., TKO 10
Sept. 6 -- Alfonzo Ratliff, Las Vegas, KO 2
Nov. 22 -- Trevor Berbick, Las Vegas, TKO 2
(Won WBC Heavyweight Title)

Mar.7 -- James Smith, Las Vegas, W 12
(Won WBA Heavyweight Title/Retained WBC Heavyweight Title)
May 30 -- Pinklon Thomas, Las Vegas, TKO 6
(Retained WBA/WBC Heavyweight Titles)
Aug. 1 -- Tony Tucker, Las Vegas, W 12
(Won IBF Heavyweight Title/Retained WBA/WBC Heavyweight Titles/Became Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion)
Oct. 16 -- Tyrell Biggs, Atlantic City, N.J., TKO 7
(Retained Undisputed World Heavyweight Title)

Jan. 22 -- Larry Holmes, Atlantic City, N.J., TKO 4
Mar. 21 -- Tony Tubbs, Tokyo, Japan, TKO 2
June 27 -- Michael Spinks, Atlantic City, N.J., KO 1

Feb. 25 -- Frank Bruno, Las Vegas, TKO 5
July 21 -- Carl Williams, Atlantic City, N.J., TKO 1

Feb. 11 -- James Douglas, Tokyo, Japan, KO by 10
(Lost World Heavyweight Title)
June 16 -- Henry Tillman, Las Vegas, KO 1
Dec. 8 -- Alex Stewart, Atlantic City, N.J., KO 1

Mar. 18 -- Donovan Ruddock, Las Vegas, TKO 7
June 28 -- Donovan Ruddock, Las Vegas, W 12

After he won the title he fought Thomas, Tucker, Biggs, Holdmes, Tubbs, Spinks, and Bruno.....pretty much in succession. To me those guys are a helluva lot less "scrubby" then guys like Lennox Lewis had to go up against.

WilliamTheIrish
06-12-2005, 08:51 AM
Not sure I agree.

Maybe to you he wasn't known for defense, but to his opponents his defense was those incredible moving feet. Ali was hard as hell to hit. Also, Ali could definitely take a punch. He absorbed a career's worth of punches from Frazier alone. Took Ernie Shavers' hardest knocks and still stood victorious.
He took Ken Norton the distance after Norton fractured Ali's jaw in the 3rd round of their 1st or 2nd fight.

Jacked Ali up? No way.

RNR
06-12-2005, 09:34 AM
Maybe to you he wasn't known for defense, but to his opponents his defense was those incredible moving feet. Ali was hard as hell to hit. Also, Ali could definitely take a punch. He absorbed a career's worth of punches from Frazier alone. Took Ernie Shavers' hardest knocks and still stood victorious.
He took Ken Norton the distance after Norton fractured Ali's jaw in the 3rd round of their 1st or 2nd fight.

Jacked Ali up? No way.
I am guessing that some of these people only know George Forman as a jolly old fat man (who btw was still beating some of the bums of today up a couple years ago). They have never seen or heard of Ernnie Shavers, Rob Lyle, Sonny Liston....I won't go on, but could list at least a half dozen other fighters of note From that era.

Tyson when surounded by Cus Dalmoto (sp) Kevin Rooney and Teddy Atlas was a heck of a fighter and hit a ton. That said there is not a single fighter Tyson has beat or lost to that is thought of as a alltime great. Hollyfield will get brought up, but anyone who knows the sport knows he was a swelled up light heavyweight who was able to compete as a heavyweight due to very weak era.

chiefs4me
06-12-2005, 09:35 AM
Hey you ignorant f*cking n00b, Tyson never fought anybody. Name one. My three would kill him but you are probably too stupid to realize it. You are probably also too stupid to realize I came along and saved your ignorant ass from when you showed your ass to the cable company. Yeah, you were really sorry for losing your temper but I never lost sight of the fact you are just an ignorant dumbass, I don't think that can be cured. You will always be an ignorant dumbass.

ROFLROFL....

Rausch
06-12-2005, 09:39 AM
And your a big mighty tough guy thats never quit at anything? I bet you wouldnt even tell him he is a pussy in his face. lol Then ya will know who the real one is.

Great point.

He'd prove he was a REAL boxer if he could kick my azz.

chiefs4me
06-12-2005, 09:42 AM

Jacked Ali up? No way.

PBJ Floated like a butterfly, and stung like a bee...:p

Simplex3
06-12-2005, 09:54 AM
Nobody will ever know the outcome of an Ali/Tyson fight. We do know the following, however:

1. Ali drools and doesn't know his ass from a butterfly or his pee from a bee.
2. Tyson can beat up Robin Givens with the best of them.

Rausch
06-12-2005, 09:58 AM
Nobody will ever know the outcome of an Ali/Tyson fight. We do know the following, however:

1. Ali drools and doesn't know his ass from a butterfly or his pee from a bee.

Ali's intelligence is fine, it's his body that has left him.

stevieray
06-12-2005, 10:00 AM
There is no comparison between Ali and Tyson.

Not even close.

Dayze
06-12-2005, 11:12 AM
Tyson was never a 'boxer'; a brawler - plain and simple. Never enjoyed watching him 'box'.
I'd rather watch Hagler vs. Hearnes replays, or Leonard vs. Hagler, etc...all day than to watch any Tyson 'bout'.

Good - hopefully he'll never surface in the media again with regard to boxing.

htismaqe
06-12-2005, 11:15 AM
Must be the offseason...what a shitty thread...

Dayze
06-12-2005, 11:15 AM
to me....boxing is the art of avoiding a punch etc. Otherwise, you'd have bouncers from local bars standing flat footed slugging each other for 3 rounds. There are a lot of guys who could put on some gloves and just 'duke it out'; none could go against a real boxer 1/2 their size and stand a chance.

IMO

CoMoChief
06-12-2005, 11:17 AM
Somebody asked on here the other day how Tyson would have fared against Ali. I didn't reply but thought probably about like he did against Frazier. I have changed my opinion. Tyson wouldn't have lasted three rounds against Ali if both were in their prime. Ali would have prediced the round and made up a poem about it.

I dunno about that man, Tyson was a warrior in his Prime. Ali took alot of hits, he was a defensive fighter. Over the past few weeks on ESPN Classic they have been showing his fights while he was in his prime. Ali really didnt impress me all that much, and I dont believe he should be the ESPN's greatest athlete of all time, Jordan should have been. I think in the late 80's, Tyson would beat Frazier. Tyson would have to win quickly in an early KO to beat Ali, because Tyson doesnt have stamina.

WilliamTheIrish
06-12-2005, 11:21 AM
I dunno about that man, Tyson was a warrior in his Prime. Ali took alot of hits, he was a defensive fighter. Over the past few weeks on ESPN Classic they have been showing his fights while he was in his prime. Ali really didnt impress me all that much, and I dont believe he should be the ESPN's greatest athlete of all time, Jordan should have been. I think in the late 80's, Tyson would beat Frazier. Tyson would have to win quickly in an early KO to beat Ali, because Tyson doesnt have stamina.

I used to think the same thing. Ali didn't look impressive. He made it look easy. Smooth. Quick. Hands so fast. Then as he grew old and his skills had evaporated it was then that I realized just how incredibly fast Ali was.

Fairplay
06-12-2005, 11:21 AM
An interesting note on the 5 million that Tyson was guarenteed.
Its not all that it is cracked up to be gentlemen, when its all said and done. Tysons a has-been and broke.

This excerpt is from an article on MSNBC, i will post the link also.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8185687/page/3/

Tyson was paid $5 million for the fight, which was on the low end of purses he has made in his career. After his creditors got $2 million, the IRS got its cut and his ex-wife got $750,000, so there wasn’t much left for the fighter.

Tyson still owes nearly $40 million and there were plans for him to fight up to seven times to pay off the debt. But those plans didn’t include Tyson taking the kind of beating that McBride was beginning to administer to him in the fifth and sixth rounds.

B_Ambuehl
06-12-2005, 11:29 AM
So you owe 40 million dollars and are to be paid 5 million. You can either:

A: Fight 7 more fights for ~5 million and be done with it.

Or

B: Get a member of your "posse" to bet your 5 million against yourself for you......at 20:1 odds.....quit in the 6th round and pocket 100 million.

My money's resting on B.

htismaqe
06-12-2005, 11:31 AM
So you owe 40 million dollars and are to be paid 5 million. You can either:

A: Fight 7 more fights for ~5 million and be done with it.

Or

B: Get a member of your "posse" to bet your 5 million against yourself for you......at 20:1 odds.....quit in the 6th round and pocket 100 million.

My money's resting on B.

Umm, that kind of stuff doesn't happen that much in boxing anymore, especially not with someone under the kind of scrutiny Tyson is.

chiefs4me
06-12-2005, 11:48 AM
I can't believe some of you are dissing a few of the greatest boxers we have ever had, all over that punk Tyson. Did you all know that when he realized he was going to lose last night he tried to break Mcbrides arm. And when that didn't work he tried throwing low punches, and when that didn't work he started butting Mcbrides head. I do not call that boxing. Tyson is a low life piece of scum.....

RNR
06-12-2005, 12:10 PM
I can't believe some of you are dissing a few of the greatest boxers we have ever had, all over that punk Tyson. Did you all know that when he realized he was going to lose last night he tried to break Mcbrides arm. And when that didn't work he tried throwing low punches, and when that didn't work he started butting Mcbrides head. I do not call that boxing. Tyson is a low life piece of scum.....
That is not why he is a scumbag, he is a scumbag because he is a woman beating rapist. If it was my daughter we would not fight, I would put a bullet in is worthless ass.

Fairplay
06-12-2005, 12:48 PM
That is not why he is a scumbag, he is a scumbag because he is a woman beating rapist. If it was my daughter we would not fight, I would put a bullet in is worthless ass.

Cool! :clap:

Son of Logical
06-12-2005, 01:47 PM

There is absolutely no question that he a piece of crap human being, so if the question is who had the greatest character out these boxing greats we all know Tyson doesn't even make the list. The question however was in their prime who would beat who. I say Ali owns everyone in his prime, but just because Tyson has tarnished himself no one gives him the credit for his great years. In Tyson's prime I think he would pound on Frazier alla Foreman. Tyson and Foreman would be close but I give Tyson the edge do to modern training, and better management. Truthfully, I don't know about Norton, Liston, or the others, because the only fights I have seen them in is where Ali is taking it to them.

Dayze
06-12-2005, 08:55 PM
ali would own Tyson. Period.
Ali would dance around all night, jabbing him until Mike would get frustrated, and F-up.

Tyson is nothing more than a bouncer with some boxing skills. Period.

Skip Towne
06-12-2005, 10:44 PM
ali would own Tyson. Period.
Ali would dance around all night, jabbing him until Mike would get frustrated, and F-up.

Tyson is nothing more than a bouncer with some boxing skills. Period.
Exactly. It is pretty much accepted that Foreman hit harder than any other heavyweight. Ali even made fun of him because he actually drew back before swinging. Here come the right, now here come the left. To anyone that thinks Ali didn't have defensive skills look only to the rope-a-dope that he invented. Not to mention he was quick as a hiccup. I loved watching him duck punches then come up punching. He wasn't the hardest puncher but he hit opponents repeatedly until they went down. I've seen them all except Joe Louis and I think Ali is the best fighter ever.

go bo
06-12-2005, 11:10 PM
Exactly. It is pretty much accepted that Foreman hit harder than any other heavyweight. Ali even made fun of him because he actually drew back before swinging. Here come the right, now here come the left. To anyone that thinks Ali didn't have defensive skills look only to the rope-a-dope that he invented. Not to mention he was quick as a hiccup. I loved watching him duck punches then come up punching. He wasn't the hardest puncher but he hit opponents repeatedly until they went down. I've seen them all except Joe Louis and I think Ali is the best fighter ever.an older ali was still the best fighter i've ever seen...

the younger ali was just too amazing, you couldn't even see some of his punches, they were so fast...

and his body control was even more amazing...

he could just lean back or to the side a little bit and make you miss...

even when you did hit him, his head was almost always moving away from the punch...

people don't realize that sonny liston was a heavy heavy hitter who dominated his fights, but ali made him look like a drunk trying to fight his own shadow...

in the modern era, ali was the best heavyweight fighter, the very best...

JohnnyV13
06-13-2005, 04:28 AM
There are a couple of key factors that make it clear Ali would whip Tyson if both were in their primes:

1) Ali was a quick fighter with incredibly long arms for his height while Tyson was short armed and only 5' 10

2) Ali was a MUCH better ring tactician than Tyson's wildest dreams

3) Even in his mid 30's, films of Ali show movement ability NO other heavyweight has ever displayed.

Those of you who call Tyson in his prime a bum, however, are wrong. Tyson had great power, handspeed and threw furious combinations. It was the combinations that made him special. Tyson was also a totally undisciplined and worthless human being. These character flaws destroyed his work ethic and eroded his skills at a very young age. After ditching Teddy Atlas and Kevin Rooney for Don King, Tyson was finished.

Final note:

Do any of you REALLY believe Tyson is truly retired? Please. They guy can't make money any other way. Forty million in debt and no other way to make money, Tyson will fight again.

IF Tyson actually trained consistently, he might be able to win a Title even now, given the weak heavyweights currently in the division. For this fight he trained 10 weeks, and early on he was throwing up. Do you really believe he was in anything remotely resembling fighting condition?

Gravedigger
06-13-2005, 05:09 AM
Boxing has gone even more downhill then when the last fight I watched was. I don't even recall fighters names other than tyson anymore or maybe roy jones... but thats it.

Herzig
06-13-2005, 06:49 AM
Man...all this talk about Muhammed Ali and not one person here has mentioned the greatest fighter of all time....Cassius Clay.

Herzig
06-13-2005, 07:09 AM
Cassius Clay could kick Muhammed Ali's ass any day of the week.

ChiefsGirl
06-13-2005, 08:12 AM
Man...all this talk about Muhammed Ali and not one person here has mentioned the greatest fighter of all time....Cassius Clay.

What was that Eddie Murphy movie where they talked about greatest fighter of all time? It was hilarious.

Goapics1
06-13-2005, 08:14 AM
What was that Eddie Murphy movie where they talked about greatest fighter of all time? It was hilarious.
Dr. Doolittle?

Herzig
06-13-2005, 08:36 AM

Coming to America

Frankie
06-13-2005, 08:37 AM
Cassius Clay could kick Muhammed Ali's ass any day of the week.
Well,... I don't know,...... a draw maybe? :hmmm:

Frankie
06-13-2005, 08:40 AM
There are a couple of key factors that make it clear Ali would whip Tyson if both were in their primes:

1) Ali was a quick fighter with incredibly long arms for his height while Tyson was short armed and only 5' 10

Yet against this type of fighter was when Ali had most of his problems. Joe Frazier, for example.

Iowanian
06-13-2005, 09:14 AM
eff Mike Tyson. He has no heart.

I'm enjoying watching Middleweights alot more now than heavyweights. I'm looking forward to seeing Arturo Gatti vs Mayweather.

The smaller guys are definitely whats keeping boxing going these days, because outside of the occasional interesting HWT fight, its a sideshow.